World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations (/Thread-Your-Re-paints-And-Special-Customisations)

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Neku2 - Mar. 28, 2009

My thing with the clear is it picks up dirt and hair and your constantly cleaning it. I guess its just preference.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Dranzer - Mar. 28, 2009

(Mar. 28, 2009  12:51 AM)Neku2 Wrote: My thing with the clear is it picks up dirt and hair and your constantly cleaning it. I guess its just preference.

Yeah but wont all attack studiums do that painted or not? Besides having it like Crimsons just makes all that dirt less noticable it doesnt mean its not there. =/

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Khel - Mar. 28, 2009

(Mar. 28, 2009  1:44 AM)Dranzer Wrote: Yeah but wont all attack studiums do that painted or not? Besides having it like Crimsons just makes all that dirt less noticable it doesnt mean its not there. =/

That's the point, he did not want to see every visible speck of dirt. Some people find that bothersome.

(Mar. 28, 2009  1:44 AM)Dranzer Wrote: Yeah but wont all attack studiums do that painted or not? Besides having it like Crimsons just makes all that dirt less noticable it doesnt mean its not there. =/

I painted the bottom side, the hair itself does not stick to the dried paint and even if it did you can see it unless you turn it over and look at the bottom.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Bey Brad - Mar. 28, 2009

I think the clear just looks cloudy and cheap. It also looks weird when compared to the other stadiums, which are solid.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Guardian Odin - Mar. 28, 2009

(Mar. 28, 2009  3:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think the clear just looks cloudy and cheap. It also looks weird when compared to the other stadiums, which are solid.

In person I really don't find this to be the case... They look high quality too.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Anu - Mar. 28, 2009

Damn, Crimson... That looks Sweet !!! Eee

(Mar. 28, 2009  9:22 AM)Anubis Wrote: In person I really don't find this to be the case... They look high quality too.

I agree, If you paint it correctly it should look about the same as the HMS balance.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Neeek - Apr. 10, 2009

I'm planning on re-colouring my old plastic beyblades to get rid of my bordom during these easter holidays. I would like to stay away from dying my beyblades for now and would rather experiment with acrylics and spray paint. How do model acrylic and spraypaints differ from dye on plastic?

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - theflightyellz - Apr. 10, 2009

(Apr. 10, 2009  11:11 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: I'm planning on re-colouring my old plastic beyblades to get rid of my bordom during these easter holidays. I would like to stay away from dying my beyblades for now and would rather experiment with acrylics and spray paint. How do model acrylic and spraypaints differ from dye on plastic?
Dying colors the plastic itself, absorbing the color in to the material, where as paints simply leave a color coating on the plastic.
Dyes of course are permanent, where as paint and such will chip off and crack.
So yeah, dying is definitely the better option, but it opens the risk of ruining parts.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Neeek - Apr. 10, 2009

(Apr. 10, 2009  11:14 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: Dying colors the plastic itself, absorbing the color in to the material, where as paints simply leave a color coating on the plastic.
Dyes of course are permanent, where as paint and such will chip off and crack.
So yeah, dying is definitely the better option, but it opens the risk of ruining parts.

Ahh. Thanks!

I'll post some pictures of my re-paints sometime in the near future.
I bet they'll end up epic failures...

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - TheUnkownGod - Apr. 11, 2009

Man Anubis...just looking through this post at your work is very enjoyable. The color schemes are all brilliant, and the paint jobs look professional. Great work! Grin

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - theflightyellz - Apr. 11, 2009

Does anybody here know anything about airbrushing?
Was thinking of getting one of these http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&partNumber=468785&langId=-1&cm_mmc=Googlebase-_-Body%20Repair/Car%20Dent,%20Scratch,%20Scuff%20&%20Fabric%20Solutions-_-Na-_-Badger%20Air%20Brush%20Kit&%24%24tid=nU0dw70ETtbHA4HJWxmApJeVVF1NLJYhElCCHL28jeIOfufrTNaUtc6z3gM_eeOb
to spray blades. I mean, I'd have other uses for it as well, so it seems worthwhile, but I'm not sure how clean the results of airbrushing are.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Aqua - Apr. 11, 2009

(Apr. 11, 2009  9:20 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: Does anybody here know anything about airbrushing?
Was thinking of getting one of these http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&partNumber=468785&langId=-1&cm_mmc=Googlebase-_-Body%20Repair/Car%20Dent,%20Scratch,%20Scuff%20&%20Fabric%20Solutions-_-Na-_-Badger%20Air%20Brush%20Kit&%24%24tid=nU0dw70ETtbHA4HJWxmApJeVVF1NLJYhElCCHL28jeIOfufrTNaUtc6z3gM_eeOb
to spray blades. I mean, I'd have other uses for it as well, so it seems worthwhile, but I'm not sure how clean the results of airbrushing are.

I'm pretty sure Anubis would know quite a lot about that Wink

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Commie - Apr. 11, 2009

(Apr. 11, 2009  9:20 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: Does anybody here know anything about airbrushing?

If you're serious about spraying, airbrushes are a step up from aerosol cans. Spray cans sputter half the time and if you want high quality finish, you end up wasting some of the paint in the can because when a can gets near the end of running out, it sputters and you won't get an even coating. Although it is possible to get a good finish with cans, it's much easier to do so airbrushing.

So if you're painting more than just beyblades, this seems like a worthwhile purchase.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Neeek - Apr. 11, 2009

If I want to do lots more custom colours I may buy this, not a bad price either.

Edit: btw, shouldn't this thread be in the 'customisations' section?

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - theflightyellz - Apr. 13, 2009

(Apr. 11, 2009  6:01 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: If I want to do lots more custom colours I may buy this, not a bad price either.

Edit: btw, shouldn't this thread be in the 'customisations' section?
That'd be a topic for different beyblade combination, customization is just the general used term.
What kinds of paints can you use with an airbrush?
I mean, are there special paints you can buy for them, or will most types of paint work?

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - theflightyellz - Apr. 15, 2009

I know the pictures aren't the greatest, but just thought I'd show you the rubber grip I made for the MFB customize grip.
Basically, I got a BMX handle grip and cut it to the right size to use as the grip.
It works really well, and feels a lot better than using it without the grip, also if you have bigger hands you can leave a bit of overcut on the grip, giving you a bit more to hold.
If anybody wants to try this, I'd recommend applying a small amount of washing up liquid on the grip handle, and around the inside of the rubber grip using the end of your finger, makes getting it on considerably easier.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Evan - Apr. 15, 2009

That's sick man! When I eventually get my MFB, I'll probably do this.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Aqua - Apr. 15, 2009

Nice idea Smile That's actually pretty cool! Imma do that when I get mine.

Sucks that it's illegal...

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - theflightyellz - Apr. 15, 2009

Thanks guys ^ ^ It's definitely worth while since we currently have no buyable rubber grips for MFB.
Even then, I'd say these are one hell of a lot more durable, and come in multiple colors for customization if you wanted a specific color to go with a paint job you'd done.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Anu - Apr. 15, 2009

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Good job !!! Joyful_2

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Aqua - Apr. 17, 2009

(Apr. 15, 2009  9:48 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: I know the pictures aren't the greatest, but just thought I'd show you the rubber grip I made for the MFB customize grip.
Basically, I got a BMX handle grip and cut it to the right size to use as the grip.
It works really well, and feels a lot better than using it without the grip, also if you have bigger hands you can leave a bit of overcut on the grip, giving you a bit more to hold.
If anybody wants to try this, I'd recommend applying a small amount of washing up liquid on the grip handle, and around the inside of the rubber grip using the end of your finger, makes getting it on considerably easier.

Looks like this guy thought of the same idea Wink

http://www.c-player.com/ac43609/thread/1100081107080

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - FOOF! - Apr. 17, 2009

can you put a right launcher and a beylauncher in a mfb grip at the same time?
if so please take pictures

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Aqua - Apr. 17, 2009

(Apr. 17, 2009  2:18 AM)blader9 Wrote: can you put a right launcher and a beylauncher in a mfb grip at the same time?
if so please take pictures

No...

You can put a right launcher/beylauncher and beypointer on an MFB grip at the same time though.