World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations (/Thread-Your-Re-paints-And-Special-Customisations)

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Mankster - Jul. 02, 2009

(Jul. 02, 2009  7:19 AM)FelGrand Wrote: Now that the "green" leone is made, would you still say markers are not recommended?

Not for recolouring the whole blade I would imagine. The leone clear wheel is transparent, so it works better.

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to post this:

My christmas Gaia Dragoon MS. Grin

This is my first repaint, so constructive critisicm would be great. I used acrylic paints just with a really fine brush. I know it probably looks a bit uneven, and there is still some purple near the Bit Protector, but the reason of that, was because the paint scraped off when I put it on... (I tried to get it together for like 10 minutes, it was really hard.. lol).

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - undeadboll - Jul. 02, 2009

(Jul. 02, 2009  11:30 AM)Mankster Wrote: Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to post this:

My christmas Gaia Dragoon MS. Grin

This is my first repaint, so constructive critisicm would be great. I used acrylic paints just with a really fine brush. I know it probably looks a bit uneven, and there is still some purple near the Bit Protector, but the reason of that, was because the paint scraped off when I put it on... (I tried to get it together for like 10 minutes, it was really hard.. lol).

did you dip it into the paint or something?

next time use an air brush or spray can Smile

(Jul. 02, 2009  11:48 AM)undeadboll Wrote: did you dip it into the paint or something?

As I said in the post, I used a brush. lol.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Ghost - Jul. 02, 2009

It looks like it was painted by a twelve year old or something..

Not to be rude or offensive, but what the hell did you do with that brush..
Even for a first time, if you're doing it the right way, it should look way better..

I'm not even sure the blade is legal now.. it look as if so much paint is on there that it really messes with the weight/balance..

Maybe you should remove it, and give it a go again..

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Sega - Jul. 02, 2009

Yeah Mankster man thats a sloppy job, I don't think the paint is of good quality aswell since its from the 2 Dollar shop, looks rushed.

(Jul. 02, 2009  12:01 PM)Ghost Wrote: It looks like it was painted by a twelve year old or something..

Not to be rude or offensive, but what the hell did you do with that brush..
Even for a first time, if you're doing it the right way, it should look way better..

I'm not even sure the blade is legal now.. it look as if so much paint is on there that it really messes with the weight/balance..

Maybe you should remove it, and give it a go again..

I'm 13..

Unhappy

Oh well, I don't even use this blade, so I decided to see how it would come out.. Also, the only part that has too much paint is the Bit Protector IMO. When I was letting it dry my mum decided to try and 'fix' it and kinda ruined it. It was a lot better when before..

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Ghost - Jul. 02, 2009

The green is bad too..
But hey just try again.. practise on it a bit.. (not on actual beyblades until you can do it better Tongue_out)

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Dreamborn - Jul. 04, 2009

(Jul. 02, 2009  12:20 PM)Ghost Wrote: The green is bad too..
But hey just try again.. practise on it a bit.. (not on actual beyblades until you can do it better Tongue_out)

practising on beyblades though should help though, if it doesnt come out as you want it, just remove the paint and try again, you'll never get a feel for handpainting them if you dont practice on them.

If you dont want to practise on them though, I'd look at getting some cheap warhammer models or something, To paint them well requires alot of patience and will force you into going into every little bit of detail on them.

Best of luck though mankster on your next painting project Joyful_3

EDIT : I'm drooling over this way too much

[Image: SNC11364.jpg]

The bottom part (the face changer) has been sprayed with silver aswell, I think i'll get more of this purple from now on.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Ghost - Jul. 04, 2009

I'm not really into the colours.. but it's a nice job indeed..A good lesson for Mankster..

I keep wanting to type Wankster.. pff.. I'm sorry..

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Blitz - Jul. 05, 2009

That grip does look nice, really like the purple Tongue_out. Not soo sure about the silver bottom though looks kinda out of place, probs because i'm use to seeing grips all one colour lol.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Dreamborn - Jul. 05, 2009

Thanks for the input Joyful_3, the bottom was sprayed silver just to test out how the colour would come out onto the plastic, am extremely thankful that I didnt spray my other grip all silver now XD.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Bey Brad - Jul. 05, 2009

The purple is awesome!

Agree that the silver is bad. haha

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Crimson - Jul. 05, 2009

I would use that purple grip so hard.
Well, only if you got rid of that awful silver part.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Khel - Jul. 05, 2009

(Jul. 04, 2009  10:54 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: practising on beyblades though should help though, if it doesnt come out as you want it, just remove the paint and try again, you'll never get a feel for handpainting them if you dont practice on them.

If you dont want to practise on them though, I'd look at getting some cheap warhammer models or something, To paint them well requires alot of patience and will force you into going into every little bit of detail on them.

Best of luck though mankster on your next painting project Joyful_3

EDIT : I'm drooling over this way too much

[Image: SNC11364.jpg]

The bottom part (the face changer) has been sprayed with silver aswell, I think i'll get more of this purple from now on.

That paint job is really awesome. What did you use to paint that (Airbrush?). I am planning on doing this to one of my grips.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Dreamborn - Jul. 05, 2009

khel : Montana gold spray paints. Found them in town today and the variety of colours they have are gorgeous. My next purchase will probably be fluro pink, expect to see a pink grip next time Tongue_out.

EDIT : better link for you http://www.montana-cans.com/products/cans/gold/

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Serotonin - Aug. 23, 2009

[Image: DSC01390.jpg]
Launcher Grip from BB-22 Stamina & Reshuffle Set and Customised BB-15 Launcher Grip

[Image: DSC01391.jpg] [Image: DSC01395.jpg]
Front and Back views

[Image: DSC01393.jpg]

Customised my extra Launcher Grip with a white finish.

I'm pretty satisfied with the results at the moment; however it could be better. I may potentially give it another coat. Ideally, I'd have liked to use a more subtle grey or silver, but such is life.

You can see the matte varnish best on the black bits of the Launcher Grip; I'm a big fan of matte finishes. :]

Next up, I think I might use the varnish on my other Launcher Grip.

Materials:
Tamiya Fine Surface Primer White
Humbrol Hobby Spray Varnish (Matte)

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Khel - Aug. 23, 2009

Very Nice

I really need to get around to painting one of my grips

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Kaiten Cross - Sep. 25, 2009

I made a modified grip and launcher, sword-based with the grip being the "Handle" and the Launcher being the "Blade." The fun thing is, it works perfectly, increases power due to slightly greater force exerted to pull the winder, and the "Blade" can be removed, making the Grip fully legal. The only modification to the Grip is wrapping it in black cloth. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Dirge - Sep. 25, 2009

my qutez did it black and left some of the gold
its abit faded and woren been playing with it xD

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Tempestas007 - Sep. 25, 2009

That doesn't look so great.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Giga - Sep. 25, 2009

Smithicide

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - Crimson - Sep. 25, 2009

Yeah.. Unhappy
Sorry Dirge, that looks terrible.

Poor Quetz.

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - BlacK PhoeniX - Sep. 25, 2009

i agree it doesnt look good but rather than just diss it (no offence 2 every1s post b4) i'll give u some feedbak bout it,
coz its the gold qwetz the black is a massive contrast 2 that and there4 makes it look garish, i would suggest/ hav suggested maybe a green or orange similar 2 that of the colors already on the blade as it would b a bit more subtle, but thats my opinion

RE: Your Re-paints And Special Customisations - theflightyellz - Sep. 25, 2009

(Sep. 25, 2009  1:09 PM)Dirge Wrote: my qutez did it black and left some of the gold
its abit faded and woren been playing with it xD
... Abomination!