World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Wearing of RF - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Wearing of RF (/Thread-Wearing-of-RF)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Wearing of RF - TehBrownSauce - Aug. 21, 2010

Alright, as many of us know RF is quite possibly the best attack bottom available for MFB. Well, recently I got a BB-32 in the mail (thank you eBay =P) and I will conducting tonnes of tests many of which will revolve around the use of RF. Safe to say the RFs in my possession will suffer a fair bit of wear. Has anyone found a way to extend the life of a RF or is the continuous purchasing RF simply an investment I have to prepare to make should I pursue large amounts of testing?

RE: Wearing of RF - Mc Frown - Aug. 21, 2010

It's kind of impossible for it to not wear down.

RE: Wearing of RF - souless1234 - Aug. 21, 2010

Anyways, I recall someone saying that they put it in the freezer.

RE: Wearing of RF - Kai Hiwatari - Aug. 21, 2010

I would not think there is a way to preserve it, as Mc Frown said. I would just stock up on them. They are worth it.

RE: Wearing of RF - Dan - Aug. 21, 2010

What is the lifetime on it anyway? Can it still do its job even almost worked to the bone?

RE: Wearing of RF - souless1234 - Aug. 21, 2010

No, it will be too slow. Lifetime depends on how often you use it..

Really? I have an extremely worn out one which works to the similar at the same degree as a new one.

RE: Wearing of RF - Cpt. Squirrel - Aug. 21, 2010

300-400 battles I'd say.

RE: Wearing of RF - galaxy genesis - Aug. 21, 2010

i heard that with a fresh RF bottom the performance is not as good so wearing it down a bit gives it its max performance.

It is at peak when slightly worn.

RE: Wearing of RF - Samkiwas - Aug. 21, 2010

i put a mechanical pencil eraser like somewere i saw on fourms its still good but illegal and it has to wear down a bit before it perfores good Grin

RE: Wearing of RF - Bey Brad - Aug. 21, 2010

If you're just going to use it for tests, you can shave it when it gets too rounded

RE: Wearing of RF - TehBrownSauce - Aug. 21, 2010

(Aug. 21, 2010  7:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you're just going to use it for tests, you can shave it when it gets too rounded

Shave it you say? How might I go about doing that?

RE: Wearing of RF - Cpt. Squirrel - Aug. 21, 2010

(Aug. 21, 2010  7:59 PM)TehBrownSauce Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2010  7:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you're just going to use it for tests, you can shave it when it gets too rounded

With sandpaper possibly.

RE: Wearing of RF - milkincereal - Aug. 21, 2010

Usualy it can balance on the RF when it does not Stand it up straight and push down onn it. Its what i do it kinda helps.

RE: Wearing of RF - ali12345456 - Aug. 21, 2010

you can put clear nail polish on the rf it works i tried it but it makes the rf darker in couler a little bit

RE: Wearing of RF - Aqua - Aug. 21, 2010

(Aug. 21, 2010  8:57 PM)ali12345456 Wrote: you can put clear nail polish on the rf it works i tried it but it makes the rf darker in couler a little bit

That would be illegal.

RE: Wearing of RF - MorningMess - Aug. 23, 2010

I agree with Dan that if it's a bit worn out, that's when it's full potential comes out. Because a fresh RF is a bit unstable in the beginning when it's launched.

RE: Wearing of RF - --------------- - Aug. 23, 2010

you can put tisue paper in side the track

RE: Wearing of RF - Kai-V - Aug. 23, 2010

(Aug. 23, 2010  3:25 PM)s200401150 Wrote: you can put tisue paper in side the track
That would really be illegal and just very weird as well ...

RE: Wearing of RF - Bey Brad - Aug. 23, 2010

(Aug. 21, 2010  7:59 PM)TehBrownSauce Wrote:

Um, a blade?

(Aug. 21, 2010  9:00 PM)Aqua Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2010  8:57 PM)ali12345456 Wrote: you can put clear nail polish on the rf it works i tried it but it makes the rf darker in couler a little bit

That would be illegal.

So is my suggestion; I don't think it's relevant in this situation.

RE: Wearing of RF - gokkar - Aug. 23, 2010

I use my RF a lot each day, and I know the pain of wear on an RF. Does the nail polish affect the performance/texture/friction with the tip in any way besides preserving it?

RE: Wearing of RF - Dan - Aug. 24, 2010

If all it did was preserve it, I doubt it would be illegal. ex. Clear nail polish on the stickers. But I could be wrong, of course.
Edit: What I mean is, since Aqua said it is illegal it must have some other affect.

RE: Wearing of RF - GeneralHawx - Aug. 24, 2010

Nail polish makes it a lot more firm losing it's grip making it move a lot slower but your tip won't wear out so quickly, it is illegal since it alters the performance of the Bey. Nail polish on stickers is a different story because it doesn't effect the Beys performance it just makes the stickers look less worn.

RE: Wearing of RF - Aqua - Aug. 24, 2010

(Aug. 23, 2010  9:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2010  9:00 PM)Aqua Wrote:

That would be illegal.

So is my suggestion; I don't think it's relevant in this situation.

But if he is going to be using the RF for tests... Coating the rubber in a clear nail polish would affect its performance to some degree, leading to "off" results :\