World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
NFL Football - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: NFL Football (/Thread-NFL-Football)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: NFL Football - Thunder Dome - Feb. 16, 2013

So I realized nobody has talked about the Ravens winning the Super Bowl. I think it was a pretty good game and the San Fran team did good. Congrats Ravens!

RE: NFL Football - Sparta - Mar. 10, 2013

I've been trying to keep kind of silent and quiet, but it hasn't worked. I can't wear any of my Niners memorabilia in public without someone reminding me of the Super Bowl.
It's okay, though. I'm proud of them, especially Kap. The "Golden Emu" played out of his mind after the lights went out, and...okay, I'm sorry. I have to say it.
CRABTREE WAS HELD.
I blame Roman for calling 3 pass plays in a row, instead of using Gore, LaHeisman, or even Kap on that goal line. But more than him, I blame the refs for not calling that. It was well past 5 yards of contact.
And for anyone who thinks it was "Payback for the Atlanta game," here's the difference: Roddy White was within 5 yards of the LoS. Bowman gave a little shove at the top of the route, and when Matt Ryan threw the ball he reached over and batted it down. It was a perfectly legal play. In the contrary, everyone I've talked to seems to agree Crabtree was held, but "in that moment, the refs should have let it play" I don't understand that. If you should make a call that decides the super bowl, shouldn't you call that?! I would think if it were a regular season game, and it didn't matter, then the refs could have let them play. If anything, it's the biggest game of the year and should have had the best refereeing possible - speaking of which, why was Jerome "Booger" Boger picked for the Super Bowl? He's a rookie referee with little experience in the big games. Shouldn't they have picked someone more reliable?
Oh, and a few more things:
1. Bruce Miller wasn't held on the Jacobee Jones TD return. He was MAULED. Watch any footage of that, and watch #49. You can't miss it. I swear, they might as well of mugged him at that point.
2. Does anyone remember that no-name Ravens player who shoved the ref? In any normal circumstance, no player EVER gets away with that. Ejection at the LEAST. But, not only was he not even flagged, but afterwards they decided not to fine him. I feel like I don't even need to explain that one.
More than anything, I hate people who blame games on refs. Because most of the time, they'll make bad calls for the other teams too, and it evens out. I don't want to blame the loss on them. Our entire team was sleeping through the first half, and it took a lucky power outage to slow the momentum. Still, you have to admit there was some fishy officiating throughout that game.
Besides, I just hate the Ravens. Flacco doesn't really bother me, but Suggs and Ray Rice and especially Lewis get on my nerves. Ray-Ray killed a man, and we all know it. Whether he was convicted or not, he was at least somehow involved in a murder. There are a lot of thugs on that team.
But sometimes, thugs win.
Rant over. Sorry.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Mar. 22, 2013

I'm with Sparta. But the killer was that defensive PI right before Jacoby Jones' long TD catch. Torrey Smith hugged the CB pretty bad, and no call. It cost the Niners a pick, then seven points went on the board. A complete comeback-killer.

RE: NFL Football - Sparta - Apr. 10, 2013

I agree.

Really excited right now. My man-crush, CK7, now has 4 fantastic receiving options: Manningham (They're saying he's healed up), Vernon Davis (Beast), Michael Crabtree (True #1 wideout, now), and now Anquan Boldin. The guy just plays tough; he fits the mold of the team and will fit in well. Excited to see what he brings to the table.
I've got money on the Niners taking a safety with the first pick. Losing Dashon Goldson was a big hit, and I think they'll take either Elam or Reid if they're available. Next pick? Probably a stretch, but a big nose tackle like Williams could fill a lot of holes.

As an aside, I've sort of adopted the Chiefs as a second team. I'd really like to see Alex Smith do well, so I'll start following that team more often and watching his progress. Best of luck to the kid.

RE: NFL Football - Pony - Apr. 12, 2013

Weeeeeelp, little Falcons update!
They let go Michael Turner and picked up Steven Jackson, I believe it was a good move. Turner could barely get past the line, he slowed down when he got to it. I know he needs to find a hole in the defense, but it's just as he's crossing the line. And Steven Jackson picked up quite the good record when he played on the Rams, 10,135 yards.

Let go Abraham (Not a big fan of this move, Abraham was good until his injury), Robinson, kind of neutral on this, and failed to make a deal with Grimes, therefore losing him, unhappy with this, Grimes was the missing piece to their defense (well, one of the missing ones), dropped Tyson Clabo (eh, neutral) and Picked up Osi Umenyiora from the Giants, delighted about this, he was amazing on the Giants, hoping to see good results from him.

This has been a Falcons update, as far as I know.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - May. 07, 2013

The Rams had the best draft I have seen in a long, long time. Honestly, I'm stunned. A great haul just made the NFC West VERY interesting. Arizona is still the little brother, but the Rams might just contend for a title. Of course, they will all beat on each other. (Also: The Rams were 5-0-1 in the division last year, if I recall. Maybe 4-1-1. Best div. record. And no respect. Meh.)

I liked the Bears draft... But Bostic. Ew, Bostic. With Arthur Brown on the board...Bostic. Why? He's got no speed, and no coverage skills. His only accolade? He played in the SEC. That's his whole career. Bad pick in a good draft.

RE: NFL Football - TimeOut - May. 14, 2013

The Ravens are done, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - May. 19, 2013

Arthur Brown might be a difference maker, so maybe not. It'll be a long shot with the Steelers and Bengals loading with talent, but we'll see. I don't like the Steelers getting Landry Jones. I think Zac Dysert would be a better fit, given his arm. Plus, he's more consistent. And he's dealt with bad o-lines before.

RE: NFL Football - amidamaru - Sep. 17, 2013

my team philadelphia eagles

RE: NFL Football - OwnageDerp - Sep. 17, 2013

Even though I'm a die-hard LA fan, it's a wonder I'm a fan of the Broncos.. and yeah, I'll be in the MLB thread.

RE: NFL Football - DRAGON KING - Sep. 29, 2013

My team now and always will be the New Orleans Saints, go drew Brees, jimmy graham and every other saints player!!!!

RE: NFL Football - Tri - Oct. 21, 2013

Football fans, if you're not watching this Broncos and Colts game right now, you need to. I have a feeling it will be great. Broncos lead 7-0 at the moment.

I was tearing up before the game when they had that huge applause for Manning. Right in the feels.

RE: NFL Football - DRAGON KING - Oct. 21, 2013

I'm voting for the broncos #GoHorsies! (The # was a JK XD)

RE: NFL Football - DefStamina88 - Oct. 31, 2013

I totally forgot about this thread!!

Imma post my opinions at the halfway point!

You have no idea how long it took me to type all that...

RE: NFL Football - DRAGON KING - Oct. 31, 2013

Dude the saints are doing good, they only got one loss!! Ur right the broncos are on fire this year

RE: NFL Football - DRAGON KING - Jan. 04, 2014

Sorry for the double post, but the playoffs are coming and this thread needs a necro.
My prediction for the AFC:

1. Kansas beats Indianapolis and loses to New England.
2. San Diego or Cincinnati loses to Denver.
3. New England Beats Denver, New England has always been a good team, they have some of the best players in the league IMO especially Tom Brady and Rob Gromkowski,
(the f230cf/gcf for football kinda XD) and I think they can pull off another Super Bowl appearance.

RE: NFL Football - Tri - Jan. 04, 2014

Indy has already defeated Kansas City this season, I don't think they have to worry. Same with New England.

Honestly, I think I can predict the future and say Denver and Indy will be in the AFC championship.

I can't say much about NFC at the moment, I just hope Green Bay can pull off their first win against San Francisco. Caeprinick has a bright future as a QB but now that Rodgers is back, Green Bay has a much larger chance than they did with Flynn.

RE: NFL Football - DRAGON KING - Jan. 04, 2014

I honestly can't predict the NFC right now. The Saints are on a losing streak after a pretty decent season, I don't know for sure if they can beat Philly. They are doing alot better with Sean Payton Back though. Hopefully Brees can do his magic (he is an 8 time pro bowl pick after all). I don't see Indy going to the Super Bowl this year especially without manning IMO, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: here's the playoff beacket for anyone who's wondering http://www.chiff.com/recreation/sports/NFL-brackets.htm

RE: NFL Football - Tri - Jan. 04, 2014

Andrew Luck is one of the greatest QB's in the league in my opinion, even if it a only his 2nd year.

Remember, Indy is the team that broke Denver's winning streak this season Wink.

RE: NFL Football - Byerg - Jan. 04, 2014

(Jan. 04, 2014  9:49 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Sorry for the double pist, but the playoffs are coming and this thread needs a necro.
My prediction for the AFC:

Kansas beats Indianapolis and loses to New England.
San Diego or Cincinnati loses to Denver.
New England Beats Denver, New England has always been a good team, they have some of the best players in the league IMO especially Tom Brady and Rob Gromkowski,
(the f230cf/gcf for football kinda XD) and I think they can pull off another Super Bowl appearance.

My Pats have had some awful games this year, though... I hate to admit it, but some of our games were just cringe worthy. If we ever play like that against a top caliber team like KC or Denver, they won't let us get away with it (yes Jets, I'm looking at you).

RE: NFL Football - DRAGON KING - Jan. 07, 2014

I been meaning to post here Joyful_3.

Saints @Eagles: the last minute was close. The saints ran down the clock and set up for the field goal but it was between Hartley and the rookie (shayne something), then they chose the rookie i assume since Hartley seems to miss sometimes in stressful situations. But the rookie made it.

Chiefs colts: this game was literally soooo close, if Kansas had made that catch in bounds they would have had a good chance of winning. But the colts won (like Tri said).

RE: NFL Football - Primal - Jan. 09, 2014

Kinda bummed about the Eagles game this past weekend, since Foles is one of my favorite players. Ah well, you can't win every game, can you?

I'm very happy with the outcome of the Colts game, though. I'm tempted to say that Andrew Luck is the best quarterback of the 2012 draft, with Russell Wilson right behind him. Come to think of it, Colts-Seahawks would probably be my ideal Super Bowl matchup.

The Patriots have numerous injuries on defense, so I'm giving the Colts more of a chance than I would under normal circumstances.

RE: NFL Football - DefStamina88 - Jan. 11, 2014

Welp, Green Bay certainly disappointed me against San Fran. They broke the hearts of Chicago, and now they're gone against a defense that literally "started from the bottom, now they're here".

With the matchups coming up. I'm predicting a Broncos-Seahawks bowl. I think it'll go like this...

-Seattle gets a game winning field-goal to beat the Saints 23-21.
-Indy takes advantage of said defensive injuries, 27-24.
-San Fran destroys Carolina 31-7.
-Broncos take a victory by a TD. 27-20.
-Seattle upsets San Fran 17-13.
-Broncos Takes down Indy 42-28.
-Broncos win the Bowl over Seattle 31-14.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Jan. 11, 2014

I am not sure if Seattle over San Fran would be an upset. I mean, if it was in San Fran, definitely. But it seems like Kaepernick plays really badly in Seattle. On the other hand, Carolina's defense might be able to save them against SF. They've got a LONG road to the Super Bowl, and how that offense deals with Luke Kuechly in the middle for Carolina will determine how far they go.

As for the Broncos, this is a prime year for Manning to FINALLY beat Phillip Rivers in a playoff game. He's 0-2, and I think that's gonna change this time. I am sure that Manning, if he can get past Rivers, can beat the AFC.

The Hawks look like they're going to roll the Saints, but not without a few injuries. (Given the amount of fighting going on.) Nothing to comment on, here.

On that Chiefs debacle, I blame the defensive playcalling. Sending four when your best secondary players are hurt is stupid. You have two of the best pass rushers at the LB position in the NFL. Use them. Luck will shred you if he has time, but is pretty bad against the blitz. (He was particularly bad at Stanford, but the offensive line pretty much killed most blitzes.)

RE: NFL Football - 6 God - Jan. 12, 2014

No such luck with the Saints, 15-23...

They weren't able to use Jimmy Graham to his full ability, he was only able to achieve 1 catch? the entire game.

Seahawks dominated the first half, 16-0, but the Saints really pulled it together and possibly could've won TBH. Saints defense did an excellent job in defending, but there flaw was allowing that catch in the 4th quarter which made it nearly impossible to win. The "beast" was a really big problem in the game as well.

I'd like to see a Patriots VS. Seahawks Super Bowl.