World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
NFL Football - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: NFL Football (/Thread-NFL-Football)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: NFL Football - ƛnubis - Jan. 16, 2012

You are ignoring the fact that the Patriots' defense is awful. Ray Rice will have a record breaking day and Flacco will through for at least three touchdowns. Ravens will win 35 30

RE: NFL Football - NightWolf7919 - Jan. 16, 2012

This is Tom Brady and Joe Flacco we're talking about. Flacco has been TERRIBLE away and Brady will be solid as usual.

RE: NFL Football - Byerg - Jan. 16, 2012

Now you are ignoring Brady's skills.
He has faced far better defenses then the Raven's defense, and has dominated them.
Patriots are the third for points, 2nd for overall yards, and 2nd for average passing yards.
The pats defense also kept the Bronco's number one rushing stats to only 137 yards, on 36 attempts, with an average of 3.8. I could see Flacco getting 3 TD's because the Pat's secondary sucks, but in rushing, I don't see any records being broken.
Pats will win 42-28.

I doubt Flacco will have 4 TD's in an away game like this. He relies on Ray Rice to win, and if he's stuffed up, then he goes down too. He's not much of a passer.

RE: NFL Football - ƛnubis - Jan. 16, 2012

Lets just see next Sunday. If the Brady that threw 4 picks against Buffalo shows up we will know what will happen. On another note the Giants are going to beat the 49ers. Alex Smith wont be able to handle the D-line plus he isnt that good. He is not Rodgers, Brady , or Stafford. He is just lucky as hell.

I highly doubt that Brady will be coming to Foxboro. After what he did to the Broncos when he wasn't even in the spotlight, he'll step it up even more now that he is in the spotlight.
And Alex Smith looked just as good as Rodgers or Brady in the Fourth Quarter against the Saints.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Jan. 16, 2012

(Jan. 16, 2012  5:11 PM)Universal Wrote: By watching the Texans..
They've had all of those players for seasons, yet they haven't won an AFC Championship.
I say that they need a new coaching staff. I could easily see a well coached Texans going to the AFC Championship winning, then going to the Super Bowl to be beaten by New England Tongue_out
And IMO, I'd say that the 9ers have the best defense. Causing 5 or 6 turnovers is ridiculous.

Dan Marino's in the HOF, and never won a SuperBowl. Fran Tarkenton invented scrambling and he's in the HOF, but never won a Super Bowl. Jay Cutler's been in the Playoffs once, but never won a NFC Championship, OR an AFC one. Don't judge players on rings. In fact, if Brady had his D now in 2000-2009, he'd have 0 rings. Look at his stats from his early rings. Not amazing, just decent. Game manager numbers, or a regular season/wild card mainstay at best. On that note: The Texans CAN go all the way. They did not have Ben Tate in the early years, and they may not have to deal with the automatic two losses with Peyton possibly gone.

Also: The Pats can't defend the run, and the Ravens make big plays on D. Look at their last 2 matchups, then look at their last POSTSEASON matchup that kicked off the One-And-Done era of Brady. I believe the Ravens rolled up 33 points? AND held Brady to 14. Nah, no blowout here.

Also: Ray Rice has been great in the playoffs in his career, and his main pitfall has been Pittsburgh. He DID roll up 150 yards and 3 TDs in their last playoffs game against NE.

I guess you can't read.
He said that they would at least win an AFC Championship.
And I said that they haven't yet and could if they had a better coaching staff.
I never judged a single player on how many rings they had at all. And like I said, I already know how bad the defense of the Pat's are.
And like I said, the Pat's defense did defend against the #1 rushing team in the league, which impressed me.
And what about their last REGULAR season game. The game in which they kept Ray Rice under 90 yards. Brady did choke the last time they played in the postseason, but the Brady that we have seen since New England lost to the Giants in the regular season doesn't look like he'll be psyched out again.

The Texans coaching staff needs to be better? Have you seen Wade Phillips? Gary Kubiak ran the most productive pass offense in the league in 2009, for pete's sake! Hell, the Texans coaching staff was chosen to coach the AFC in the Pro Bowl this year, so don't go talking about the Texans coaching staff. It was individual mistakes that doomed the Texans in all their hmm 10 years of existence?

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Jan. 16, 2012

(Jan. 16, 2012  9:40 PM)Universal Wrote: I guess you can't read.
He said that they would at least win an AFC Championship.
And I said that they haven't yet and could if they had a better coaching staff.
I never judged a single player on how many rings they had at all. And like I said, I already know how bad the defense of the Pat's are.
And like I said, the Pat's defense did defend against the #1 rushing team in the league, which impressed me.
And what about their last REGULAR season game. The game in which they kept Ray Rice under 90 yards. Brady did choke the last time they played in the postseason, but the Brady that we have seen since New England lost to the Giants in the regular season doesn't look like he'll be psyched out again.

Ahem, but I can. In fact, I simply pointed out your flawed judgement in saying that a coach needs to go. How many rings does Andy Reid have in Philly? I guess everyone with talent and no rings needs to be fired, huh? Besides, everyone knows that teams play different in the playoffs. Once January rolls around, October means zilch. Only past Januaries are meaningful. You have to know THAT much if you watch football. Which you apparently don't if you didn't notice the fact that they did very well with a 5th rounder playing QB, and no backups. Personally, I would have let Jake Delhomme start, but that's me. Gary Kubiak is working wonders with the Texans. And if they can get Spagunolo on board for the secondary? Watch out.

RE: NFL Football - Sparta - Jan. 17, 2012

49ers<3

OK, so it looks like my boys in gold and red are headed to the NFC Championship game! With Jim Harbough at the wheel, things only look good. Davis's "The Catch III" brought us to where we need to be, and Alex Smith is finally showing some promise (Maybe this is why he was 2005's first round draft pick?). Our defense is an iron wall, and Frank Gore is still going strong. Patrick Willis is going to need to play his best against Big Blue though. Eli's now a top 5 QB (I say), and Jacobs is a man child rusher. Nicks, Maningingham, and Cruz are a dangerous trio, along with Ballard to back them up. Should be a fun game.

RE: NFL Football - Byerg - Jan. 18, 2012

Does anybody else think that Cam is being MEGA underrated?
He broke Peyton's record for most passing yards by a rookie in a season, and broke the Panther's record for longest passing play.
I think that the reason that the Panthers lost was defense. I haven't watched a Panthers game yet, so this isn't confirmed in my eyes yet, but I heard that the defense of the Panthers is similar to the defense of the Pats, bad secondary
Can anybody confirm or explain what the Panthers are like on defense, I don't feel like looking at stats or googling carp.

RE: NFL Football - DefStamina88 - Jan. 18, 2012

Panthers Defense Statistics; 2011 Regular Season:

Net Total Yards: 28th (6042)................32nd: GB
Passing Yards Def.: 24th (3949)...........32nd: GB
Rushing Yards Def.: 25th (2093)...........32nd: TB
Downs: 23rd (329)..............................32nd: NE
Receiving Yards Def.: 23rd (4119)........32nd: GB
Returning Yards Def.: 25th (811)..........32nd: DEN
Kicking FG Def.: 16th (27)....................32nd: PHI
Punt Yards Def.: 32nd (2248)[31st is GB with 2492]
Total Tackles: 28th (1000)...................32nd: CHI
Sacks per game: 18th (35)..................32nd: BUF
Sacking (Opp. Yds lost): 12th (230)......32nd: BUF
Interceptions: 12th (16)......................32nd: SF

Go here for other statistics: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/_/seasontype/2

RE: NFL Football - Byerg - Jan. 18, 2012

Ugh, like I said, I don't want to look at stats.

RE: NFL Football - ƛnubis - Jan. 18, 2012

That is how you get information...by looking at stats.

RE: NFL Football - Byerg - Jan. 19, 2012

If you get all of your information from stats, then that's just sad.

RE: NFL Football - Ryuk - Jan. 19, 2012

How else do you get information about teams? The stats that DefStamina posted compare the Panther's defense to the rest of the league. If you don't compare stats, how else do you determine if, for example, a team's defense is good?

RE: NFL Football - Jaygrazer - Jan. 19, 2012

You watch the game?!?!

The NFL is extremely unpredictable, therefore rendering stats useless.

Ex The NY Giants in recent weeks. Running game went from zero to hero and there is no denying it.

Right, but one game doesn't prove the quality of a defense, for example. It has to perform time after time to be considered good/bad. And stats are far from useless. I mean, one game, a defense/offense can perform well, and alter the stats, but one game doesn't define an offense/defense.
Basically, stats record the overall performance, which proves if an offense/defense is good or bad. One game doesn't mean anything really. For example, a defense's players could be hurt one week, and the defense performs poorly. Now, that one game shouldn't define whether or not the defense is good, because when the player's are back, the defense will be good again.
Also, take your example of the NY Giants. Just because their running game has been good the last few games, does it mean that the Giant's are a good running team now? No, it just means their running game has been good the last few games.

RE: NFL Football - Byerg - Jan. 19, 2012

He used them as an example of unpredictability. He never said anything about it completely defining the teams running game and etc. (<--whatever you kept saying).
The NFL is unpredictable like Jay said.
Ex: Broncos vs. Steelers & Giants vs. Packers

I guess you guys are right, alls I was saying was one game doesn't "make" an offense/defense. But I do agree on the fact that it is unpredictable.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Jan. 21, 2012

(Jan. 18, 2012  5:38 AM)Universe² Wrote: Does anybody else think that Cam is being MEGA underrated?
He broke Peyton's record for most passing yards by a rookie in a season, and broke the Panther's record for longest passing play.
I think that the reason that the Panthers lost was defense. I haven't watched a Panthers game yet, so this isn't confirmed in my eyes yet, but I heard that the defense of the Panthers is similar to the defense of the Pats, bad secondary
Can anybody confirm or explain what the Panthers are like on defense, I don't feel like looking at stats or googling carp.

Erm... Underrated? He's pretty much universally called one of the greatest rookies of all time. Though RG3 IS looked at in a better light. Why? Look at Newton's combine. THAT'S why. It was ugly. He cleaned it up in a few months. He learned the 2-minute offense against the Bears, a damn good D, in a few seconds. He's a fast learner. I still don't like him. Why? DENARD ROBINSON! (The QB from Michigan) I can't WAIT until he hits the NFL. He's got a cannon. He can run about as fast as Micheal Vick. He has accuracy. (When it matters.) And he's tough. Essentially, he's what Tebow was supposed to be, but better. Sorry, a little rant on that quick little kid.

Kellen Moore is underrated. Yeah, yeah. He's short. I get it. But he's got touch, and he's smarter than 90% of QBs out there. He's a shorter Peyton Manning. And he's a WINNER. He shattered the NCAA wins by a QB record, but unfortunately never got a BCS Championship because the system rewards the SEC for being the SEC.

Also: Brandon Jacobs. The Giants are, in fact, a good running team WHEN THEY RUN. They just don't unless Eli is in trouble.

RE: NFL Football - Byerg - Jan. 23, 2012

WOOOOO!
GO PATS!
I cannot believe how well their defense did!
Go pats :]

RE: NFL Football - Ryuk - Jan. 23, 2012

Congrats to the Pats, but I wanted Ravens all day. Lee Evans blew that catch on 2nd down, and Billy Cundiff...ugh. And to be completely honest, I can't stand bandwagon Pat's fans. And I'm not accusing any of you as being one, it's just a general statement.
49er's better win this game, or it's gonna be another carpy Super Bowl. If the Giant's win, Pat's fans will love it. They'll have their chance at revenge for SB42. But I'd hate it. All you'd hear for days from Pat's fans is "hah we beat you suck that you suck!!!" So let's go 49er's!

RE: NFL Football - Jaygrazer - Jan. 23, 2012

Guess who's going to Supa Bowl?