World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
NFL Football - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: NFL Football (/Thread-NFL-Football)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Sep. 14, 2011

Bear DOWN! Defense wins championships. Also, the Falcons are damn good. When Ryan is upright, at least. As you can see, that didn't necessarily happen. (Two defensive TDs! Highest scoring Defense in the NFL as of today!)

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Sep. 17, 2011

Okay, I have to ask. Who is the best all-time NFL team. Year and team. (Super Bowl ring is not necessary, so the 1998 Vikes are fair game, along with the Randall Cunningham era Eagles.) I say the Greatest Show on Turf (Rams of the late '90s) and the 30s, 40s, and 1985 Bears. The 17-0 Dolphins were good for their time, but we can all agree that today they'd go, like, 9-7 and get bounced in the Wild Card round. Old question, but it has to be asked. ALso, Sparta and other Jets fans, what do you guys think of your rookie QB you guys got? He was pretty awesome at Alabama. Greg McElroy ain't bad. He got a 43 on the Wonderlic, if I recall.

RE: NFL Football - Sparta - Sep. 19, 2011

It's Macelroy, no? McElry...Not sure Uncertain

WHO CARES?! We won the game 32-3 against the Jags. MJD must've had a terrible fantasy week thanks to our defense, who caught more interceptions than Sanchez threw completions. That boy can throw a pretty ball, and he can also be a total dope. If our defense holds to that standard, then great! If Sanchez plays like he did yesterday, then we're screw capricorn'd!

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Sep. 20, 2011

Aaaand the Bears lapsed big time. Wow. THAT looked suspiciously like LAST year's O-Line. (You can't spell O-Line without Olin. GET KREUTZ BACK!) Also, Rams Giants today. Bradford? Do your thing. Eli? Do your thing also. By that, I mean throw picks. Cam Newton? GOD DAMN, I may have been wrong. (Though the three picks kinda makes me look smarter about not liking the guy.) Raiders? 35 points? Where the hell did Jason Campbell come from? But the best game this week HAS to be Matt Stafford and his Lions kicking the CRUD out of the Cheifs. I mean, WOW. 4 TD, 1 INT, and a crapload of yards. Best QB in the league, barring Tom freaking Brady. (Damn you, you backup from Michigan.) Also. Buffalo. Where were you LAST year? 38 points? Resilience in the clutch? Game-winning TDs? Are we talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick? That guy on the Bills? Hell yeah, man. Year of the underrated players!

RE: NFL Football - Sparta - Sep. 20, 2011

Never in 3 million years would I have guessed the BILLS of all teams would be competing with the Jets for devision. WE DO NOT have an easy road this year, with them starting to scare us and our hot rivalry with the Pats. What we need is to beat out them both but for the Bills to get the wild card and knock off the Patriots-a good change we haven't seen in a while and a new team in this year.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Sep. 21, 2011

The AFC East just got interesting. Except for the Dolphins. They still suck, hah.

RE: NFL Football - Sparta - Sep. 21, 2011

Yep. Poor dolphins...

I'm soooo mad. Jamal Charles is what?! HURT?! Ugh! I had him in both of my fantasy leagues, and now he's gone. At least I didn't have Peyton or Vick. Speaking of which, why are so many of the great QB's getting hurt-Manning especially. This is the first season he's ever missed games, ever!

RE: NFL Football - Pony - Sep. 21, 2011

Andrew mwahahahaha I have Falcon's defense on my fantasy team along with my two favorite QBs, numbah 1 Tom Brady and MISTAH ELI MANNING Grin
Oh boy I hope the Patriots get to the super bowl!!!
EDIT: There. I'm sorry if I don't like Michael Vick, and I respect you Temporal. Just don't insult Eli Manning and I'm cool....

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Sep. 21, 2011

...Eh, not cool. Concussions are NOT something to joke about. It's not funny. Vick's a great player, but he sucked on the Falcons. Whoop-de-doo, you have a throwing QB now. Great. But now Vick can throw just as well, and isn't a sitting duck. Also: Cutler did better than Ryan. He actually threw for 200+ yards. Brady's the crybaby if anyone is. Yeah, yeah, he's a great QB, but every time someone hits him, the rules change.

Am I the only one here on the Stafford bandwagon? (Yup, a member since '08.) Three QBs that have proven to be awesome that were sniffed at as weak or injury-prone and weak: Stafford (Lions, baby!), Ryan Fitzpatrick (That Harvard dude?) and (Who'da guessed?) Jason Campbell. (A black QB WHO DOESN'T TAKE OFF!? How's THAT for rubbing a stereotype in the NFL's face, huh? And he's CLUTCH.)

RE: NFL Football - dyingwilltsuna - Sep. 23, 2011

chicago bears! one good team, but some people say they suck. aka panthers are the worst team.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Sep. 23, 2011

Erm... Does the 430 something yards mean nothing to you? If anything, the worst team is the Bengals. Relying on a rookie, hah. I love Dalton, but that's suspiciously the same situation Tim Couch was in.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Oct. 01, 2011

Temporal NFL Rant-"Rounding the Wagons...in the spread?"

Ah, people have been ranting about the spread offense in the NFL since the Panthers drafted Cam Newton. It's been all "Hey, now the Panthers can spread the field and let Newton do his thing!" But that's not the case. Newton's been using a lot of 2 receiver sets during games. But here's the thing that many people haven't noticed. The spread HAS hit the NFL this year. And it's taking the AFC by storm. First, let me explain what the spread IS, for those who don't know. It's not a playbook or formation, it's a concept.

The idea is to flatten the secondary and force teams to drop linebackers into coverage. 70% of the time, that won't work out well for the defense, obviously. To do that, you need a fast-thinking or fast-moving quarterback, some reliable receivers, and a good offensive line that can RESIST, not hand out punishment. (Imposing your will on the D-Line is actually detrimental. Once someone loses their block, it's over for the quarterback if you do.) What you'd do is, you send out four receivers. Three outside guys and a slot receiver/halfback with good hands is the norm, but Oregon, Missouri, and Boise State don't do that. They have two outside guys with good hands, a possession guy who won't drop balls and can bang out the yards faster than a tight end (Like the CFL's slotback, but smaller, barely.) Well, once you pass up the front four, you have three linebackers for the most part. (The Patriots keep four.) That's seven guys on four receivers. That also means bad pass rush. You're not gonna hit anybody. Especially when you may have to deal with a RB bursting out of the backfield for a short pass. That means you have to keep one in to spy, and another to rush the QB. That leaves five on four. With the safeties way off the ball normally, that makes it two and a half on four. Easy matchup. By this point, it's obvious who's open. Once the ball is out, that receiver who's getting it has maybe three guys in front of him, and two receivers bearing down on them. That leaves one. That means a whole lot of yards, but a whole lot of sacks if you don't have a RB who can block. It also means a okay running game, but not the best. Not always.

If you've done what you want through the air, the opponent's defense has to drop back more linebackers to help out. That means some huge lanes for the running back. Once the ground has been established, they have to come back up, leaving you with an endless cycle of scoring. If your QB's a running threat (Nathan Schalhausse of Illinois is a good example. Or Micheal Vick. But he doesn't run the spread. Blaine Gabbert at Missouri before he was drafted? Yup. Gabbert.), you have an even better option-If options one and two aren't open, take off. If someone steps up in the secondary, fire a pass. If not, free yards. Now, this doesn't normally work in the NFL, due to the speed or corners nowadays. (Ew. If there were ever a Spread-Killer, it's the Vikings. Too bad they suck at everything else.) You'd need, like, four Mike Wallace-type guys. Not easy, seeing as there's about four of 'em in the AFC. (Well, more like TWO. Mike Wallace and maybe Jacoby Ford. Wes Welker is a prototype spread guy, along with A.J. Green. So three.) Well, apparently, the Bills have been holding out on us. They lost their speed receiver (Lee Evans. Went to the Ravens), and replaced him with ultra-fast Stevie Johnson. Geezums, can he run. As a result, they can run 4-receiver sets with the greatest of ease. That means an average of...37.7 points a game as of Week 4. Geez, that's a LOT. This is a team to look out for.

They have such success is because they understand the "No aggressive blocking" idea. They have a running back in Fred Jackson who can move and take it the distance; a RB with hands in C.J. Spiller, though he's a crappy halfback in the NFL; the Harvard boy, Ryan Fitzpatrick, is a weapon on his own; and a whole lot of talent in the slot. Fitzpatrick might be the second best anticipation QB in the league, and the best one playing. (You know No. 1) The Bills can do it all, and if everything pans out, they can win the AFC East. We just might be looking at the next dominant AFC offense to join the AFC Playoffs Fraternity.

My next rant! Why the Lions are so god-damned good! (I'll get on that later.) Hah, ESPN should hire me.
Wait, is it okay to talk about NCAA football here, too? I mean, most of the NFL's players come from the NCAA anyway, so I think a whole new thread wouldn't work very well. (Besides, most of the talk is about draft stock and national championships. Or the BCS, which is a terrible system) I'll do an NCAA rant on why the BCS system is garbage, right down to the "Every Game Counts" tagline, soon.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Oct. 02, 2011

Week 4= Best week yet. I like the Lions to come back and win, being only down 10 with 17 minutes left. Not bad. One stop, one TD, and a FG= Overtime. The Cardiac Cats are now the Cadillac Cats, hah.

RE: NFL Football - Sparta - Oct. 03, 2011

Oh my Haruhi! I can't even watch, we're getting bullied out there...26 to 7?! Ugh, it's a train wreck out there...

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Oct. 03, 2011

It's not that bad. The defense is stepping up now. But if the Jets lose today, they HAVE to beat the Pats to keep pace with the Bills. (In other words, to win the Wild Card, because the division's about wrapped up if the Bills can sweep the Pats.)

RE: NFL Football - Sparta - Oct. 03, 2011

It's just been such a weird game...so many fumbles and interceptions and flags...

Add the fact that our defense and special teams have scored, but our offense hasn't Chocked_2

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Oct. 03, 2011

Ask the Bears how many times THAT happens. And the Steelers. And the Ravens. There's a spectrum in the NFL. Offensive teams-Pats, Bills, Lions, and the Pack. Huge offense, but NO special teams. And defense-Most AFC North teams (Sorry, Bengals), the Jets, Bears, and the Rams when they're on. (Not today, unfortunately. Since when was REX FREAKIN' GROSSMAN GOOD? Where was this in Chicago, Mr. Passer-Rating-of-Zero-Twice!?)

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Oct. 11, 2011

Okay, Bears-Lions is on now. New Record! Most penalties in a quarter, man. That's sad. (But it helps the Bears, so I'm good.) Oh, and Stafford? I like ya, but don't get greedy.

RE: NFL Football - DefStamina88 - Nov. 04, 2011

I'm rooting for my Green Bay Packers. NO, I'M NOT ON THE BAND WAGON.

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Nov. 04, 2011

Urgh, I hate the Pack. They win in SUCH ANNOYING FASHION! I mean, am I the only one that sees similarities between the Packers and Patriots? Just younger and more scrappy. (Slightly.)

RE: NFL Football - DefStamina88 - Nov. 04, 2011

If there's one team I can't stand, it's the Patriots.

RE: NFL Football - iVtechboyinpa - Nov. 04, 2011

I feel the Giants are the WORST. My top three teams are Eagles and Steelers (because I live in PA lol) and Green Bay (they're wayyyy better than the Patriots, you can't even compare.)

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Nov. 05, 2011

Giants will whip Pats. "Only 17 points? I don't think someone's giving me enough credit here." -Tom Brady. No more rings for him. And with that defense? Eli Manning will have a pick-less field day. Cutler and Forte vs. Vick and McCoy? THAT'S a matchup I like seeing. (Plus, Vick has never beaten the Bears.) The NFL has acknowledged Bears-Eagles as a rivalry by setting them up for the last five years.
El-BCS. It sucks.

The BCS is the Bowl Championship System. Essentially, it is a vote-based system where big-name companies buy games, and sell 'em to teams with six wins. That way, any team with a .500+ record gets to play in the postseason. It's MEANT to prevent people's feelings from being hurt, but it doesn't work. See, nobody really CARES about the system. We watch the Rose Bowl, Glass Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl (Occasionally), and whatever Bowl game Boise State or their home team is in. Meaning: About fifty teams get ignored every year. Not cool. Anyway, the last game that everyone watches is...the BCS Championships. (Note: Division I-AA has a playoffs system.) Certain conferences have their winner automatically considered, like the SEC or PAC-12. Others, however, get snubbed year after year, while one-loss teams get to play. Boise is undefeated. Boise is only one spot ahead of the one-loss Sooners. See what I mean?

The main issue is the fact that mega-conferences get to play in the major bowls every year. Whoever wins the SEC will play in the BCS Championship game or the Rose Bowl. Guaranteed. They're an automatic qualifier. However, the WAC never gets a shot unless they are highly ranked. Same with the Sun Belt, same with the Mountain West, and same with the FBS Independents. They have to claw their way to the top, while other teams have an easy road. Teams like Boise and Stanford need help making such games, while LSU and Alabama are pretty much crowned by Week six. Why don't we get a playoffs system? Money.

Okla.SU won't lose again, nor will BSU. Nor will the loser of Ala.-LSU. So does every game REALLY count? Not really. Is it THAT hard for a playoffs? Div. I-AA does it with teams like GRAMBLING AND MARYLAND FREAKING STATE. It's not that expensive. C'mon, NCAA. Pull it together.

RE: NFL Football - mayfirst - Nov. 06, 2011

(Nov. 04, 2011  1:59 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: If there's one team I can't stand, it's the Patriots.
Same here, and the Cowboys. All my friends are Cowboy's fans and I am a Giants fan.

(I feel the Giants are the WORST)
What, Really?!

RE: NFL Football - Temporal - Nov. 06, 2011

I like the Cowboys of the Landry era, but now? The 'Boys need to end the Romo experiment and get Case Keenum or somethin'. Maybe even Brandon Weeden.