World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Lightning L-Drago Testing and Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: X Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-X-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Lightning L-Drago Testing and Discussion (/Thread-Lightning-L-Drago-Testing-and-Discussion)

Lightning L-Drago Testing and Discussion - originalzankye - Oct. 07, 2024

Hello there everyone! This is my findings on Lightning L-Drago brought over with the X-Over that Takara Tomy has done this thread will breakdown my findings this is my first time doing a thread like this or at all in a long time so enjoy the comically sized images.

Lightning L-Drago is a reverse rotating counter-clockwise blade in Beyblade X where you can either have Rapid Hit that has tiny bumps where the yellow stickers are exposed for repeated hit (this gimmick is not really a real thing) or the Upper mode where it is focused more on Upper Attack lifting.

[Image: cdWFytD.png]

THE FATAL FLAW:
Lightning L-Drago suffers from a significant flaw due to a design decision made by Takara Tomy, where hollowed-out sections in both of its modes make the Blade extremely unstable. This instability leads to unpredictable behavior in the stadium, as L-Drago shakes violently and moves erratically. As a result, it often becomes inconsistent in battle. This can either cause it to fling itself around the stadium, leading to self-KOs or Self Xtremes, or, in some cases, the instability might work in your favor, disrupting your opponent's performance instead.
[Image: 4tpN31x.png]
RAPID HIT VS UPPER

[Image: nZu6i4s.png]

To me these are very similar to what they can do a big disadvantage is that Rapid Hit is roughly .5g less than Upper L-Drago which on average weighs about 33.5 - 34g+.

I would say that Rapid Hit is generally better at equalizing against their opponents while still managing to do things like Over Finish and Xtreme Finish. At the same time, Upper is better at pure attack, lifting up opponents and getting the big points you want.

If I had to pick one, I would want to use Upper, but having Rapid Hit is not that much of a disadvantage to me.

The Left Problem For Me

The challenge with using left-spin Beyblades like Cobalt Dragoon and Lightning L-Drago lies in the need for a Left String Launcher. Personally, I’m not particularly skilled with string launchers. While I somewhat adapted to using one with Cobalt Dragoon, L-Drago is even wilder, demanding much more focus during battle. Switching from a Winder to a String Launcher creates a big disparity in trying to get the Beyblade to behave the way I want. L-Drago finds itself in a similar situation to Cobalt Dragoon; if you launch with maximum power, there’s a good chance of securing a victory through Over, Burst, or Xtreme Finish. 

One additional factor with L-Drago is "equalizing." To be honest, I don’t fully understand how these left-spin Beyblades work—it often feels like I’m playing with a same-spin Bey. For example, outspinning a Rod with Cobalt Dragoon 5-60P feels no different from hard launching Tyranno Beat against an aggressive balance combo. Because L-Drago is unbalanced, it requires more strength and power, but it can often equalize against attackers or destabilize opponents. However, its hollowed design is a significant drawback. It’s as if they took the concept of Quake and turned it into a Blade like L-Drago. Despite this, there’s only one combo I found that worked well with it—otherwise, I might have given up hope entirely.

MOST CONSISTENT L-DRAGO BUILD FOR ME (BOTH VERSIONS) - 7-60LF
[Image: 9IxmtLk.png]

7-60 helps a bit with the imbalance L-Drago has and helps a bit with endgame equalizing and stability, it still has a burst risk being 7-60, and LF is just nice since L-Drago can really just lift up opponents so this makes it a lot easier.

Pros:
-> Upper Attack but it's actually really really 
- > Has a good AVA Record

Cons:
-> Inconsistency due to being hollowed out 

Below are the testings I've done which use strong language for Adults and results I got, keep in mind I focused more on points scored not just in 20 matches who won who lost, the points you score matter more to me.

Results:
[Image: UlCGwRZ.png]