World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+---- Forum: News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-News)
+---- Thread: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! (/Thread-WBO-Organized-Play-Updates-September-2024-X-Spreadsheets-Lightning-Blades-and-More)

WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - Dan - Sep. 17, 2024

Hey World Bladers!

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to some WBO Organized Play rulebooks and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Updates Overview
  • [IMPORTANT] X Format Organizer Duties: X Spreadsheets No Longer Required
  • [IMPORTANT] X Format Rulebook: Part-Specific Ruling on Lightning L-Drago Blade Variants
  • X Format Rulebook: "Out-of-Bounds" Clarification
  • Burst Format Rulebooks: Loosening Equipment Restrictions

X Format Organizer Duties: X Spreadsheets No Longer Required

Back in February, we announced that completion of the "Results" sheet would now be optional for X Format events. We are now further building upon this, and we are pleased to confirm that event spreadsheets for X Format events are now no longer required at all! Please use those precious laborious hours to hone your Xtreme Blading skills instead!

We appreciate this comes out of the blue and raises a number of questions, particularly surrounding our plans for the future of X Format rankings! Rest assured, we will have a further announcement related to this change later in the week, which we can only imagine you won't want to miss...

Please note that this change does not apply to Burst, Metal Fight or PLA/HMS formats, and event spreadsheets for those will remain required for the foreseeable future.

X Format: Part-Specific Ruling on Lightning L-Drago Blade Variants

[Image: BladeLightningL-Drago%28UpperType%29.png][Image: BladeLightningL-Drago%28Rapid-HitType%29.png]

Alongside the release of BX-00 Random Booster Lightning L-Drago 1-60F on September 14th 2024, we have updated the X Format Rulebook with part-specific rulings for both variants of Lightning L-Drago Blade:

Quote:Lightning L-Drago Blades
  1. A deck can only contain 1 "Lightning L-Drago" Blade.
  2. You cannot swap a "Lightning L-Drago (Rapid-Attack Type)" Blade for a "Lightning L-Drago (Upper Type)" Blade during a match.
  3. The "Lightning L-Drago (Rapid-Attack Type)" Blade is not an identical replacement or substitute for the "Lightning L-Drago (Upper Type)" Blade.

This ruling coincides with Takara Tomy and B4's official rulings regarding this part. This is applied with immediate effect, with Organizers having been advised of this addition on the day of the product's release.

For those of you have have been looking forward to a double Lightning L-Drago deck, don't fret. We recommend that all Organizers interested in employing a unique mode legality clause for Lightning do so for their unranked X Events.

If there is enough interest from Players/Organizers in both modes being legal for multiple Beyblade Match Types, Organized Play can and will add a Ranked Clause to that effect later on. For the time being, experiment and give us feedback on whether it is a worthwhile addition to the Ranked Clauses Guide!

X Format Rulebook: "Out-of-Bounds" Clarification

[Image: Xtreme_Stadium.jpeg]

We have received several enquiries regarding Beyblades that are sent "out-of-bounds" in Takara Tomy's Xtreme Stadium, which we would like to clarify.

The existing wording in the Rulebook - "exiting the BeyStadium through the Launch Area of a stadium" - includes flying out of the stadium through the top opening and falling through the gap between the cover/shroud and main stadium body.

Note that the latter only applies to the Launch Area, and not the gaps in the corners of the Over Zones.

Burst Format Rulebooks: Loosening Equipment Restrictions

Back in March, we loosened the restrictions for Ranked event legal equipment for Metal Fight (MFB), Heavy Metal System (HMS), and Plastics (PLA) formats. Continuing that trend, we have now relaxed the wording in the rulebooks for our Burst formats as well. Please see the adjusted legality ruling below:

Old Burst Formats Legal Equipment Section Wrote:Only official Beyblade Burst products produced by Hasbro, Takara Tomy, and Sonokong can be used.

New Burst Formats Legal Equipment Section Wrote:Official products produced by Hasbro, Takara Tomy, Sonokong are recommended for ranked matches.

*Removal of specific Stadiums for ranked matches.

To repeat the disclaimer in our March update, this does not mean Ranked tournaments can be played in anything and everything, such as in metal woks or ceramic bathtubs. Organizers must mention any unofficial equipment in the tournament post for the Organized Play team and Event Participants to review. The Organized Play team has the right to deny frivolous proposals on the platform.

Feedback?

Your input is greatly appreciated If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.

RE: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - th!nk - Sep. 17, 2024

Burst formats rn:

[Image: OiNVxcX.png]

RE: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - Neo - Sep. 17, 2024

(Sep. 17, 2024  3:48 PM)th!nk Wrote: Burst formats rn:

[Image: OiNVxcX.png]

Gamers, this is how we win.

RE: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - CrisisCrusher07 - Sep. 17, 2024

Not bad. I can’t wait to see the announcement on the ranking system for X! As for the Lightning L-Drago, while I don’t really like ranked clauses for myself or my own tournaments, if one was to be made for L-Drago I would like to see one that allowed bladers to use the 2 different blades as if it was a “Mode change” rather than just being able to use 2 different Lightning L-Drago combos in 1 deck. I think a ranked clause like that would be more suitable and give a little more respect to the original Lightning L-Drago from Metal Fight.

RE: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - BladerGem - Sep. 17, 2024

I think this is all I'll say about the L-Drago ruling. I get it, beygod is dead, X is unranked, and nothing really matters; but I do like consistency.

ShinTA and Summit being usable for BSC now is cool, though 😀👍

RE: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - th!nk - Sep. 18, 2024

(Sep. 17, 2024  6:35 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Not bad. I can’t wait to see the announcement on the ranking system for X! As for the Lightning L-Drago, while I don’t really like ranked clauses for myself or my own tournaments, if one was to be made for L-Drago I would like to see one that allowed bladers to use the 2 different blades as if it was a “Mode change” rather than just being able to use 2 different Lightning L-Drago combos in 1 deck. I think a ranked clause like that would be more suitable and give a little more respect to the original Lightning L-Drago from Metal Fight.

For reference, disassembly mode changes like this were not legal during metal fight.

RE: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - TheTCGTavern - Sep. 18, 2024

oooo I'm excited to hear what changes y'all got for X

RE: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - Frisk291 - Sep. 18, 2024

(Sep. 18, 2024  12:05 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2024  6:35 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Not bad. I can’t wait to see the announcement on the ranking system for X! As for the Lightning L-Drago, while I don’t really like ranked clauses for myself or my own tournaments, if one was to be made for L-Drago I would like to see one that allowed bladers to use the 2 different blades as if it was a “Mode change” rather than just being able to use 2 different Lightning L-Drago combos in 1 deck. I think a ranked clause like that would be more suitable and give a little more respect to the original Lightning L-Drago from Metal Fight.

For reference, disassembly mode changes like this were not legal during metal fight.

Very excited about the rankings too!

RE: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - Neo - Sep. 21, 2024

(Sep. 18, 2024  12:05 AM)th!nk Wrote:

I feel like fully swapping the part is a lot stranger in X's case. While it would be cool, to just change your shape and weight at will seems like a bit of a stretch to do.

RE: WBO Organized Play Updates September 2024: X Spreadsheets, Lightning Blades and More! - th!nk - Sep. 22, 2024

(Sep. 17, 2024  10:11 PM)BladerGem Wrote: I think this is all I'll say about the L-Drago ruling. I get it, beygod is dead, X is unranked, and nothing really matters; but I do like consistency.

ShinTA and Summit being usable for BSC now is cool, though 😀👍

Ask TT - they allow Dran Sword and Phoenix Feather, or Rhino Horn and whatever they called Knife Shinobi, in the same deck but not the two LLDs. I understand the perspective, and there's an argument for a clause if there's non-meme demand, but I don't think it's worth deviating from TT here (at least for the default rule).