World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Last movie you watched - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Last movie you watched (/Thread-Last-movie-you-watched)

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Aug. 11, 2011

"Same guys" is kind of a misnomer given Wright didn't direct Paul, Tongue_out

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Aug. 11, 2011

I meant Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, really :p

I doubt I would've rented it, had they not been in it. They're decently fun to watch.

RE: Last movie you watched - Odin - Aug. 12, 2011

The Godfather. I love this movie now. Marlon Brando makes for a great Vito Corleone, and Don. Also, I think it nicely blends comedy, action, and irony. Such as, during a Baptism ceremony, Michael Corleone denounces Satan, as his henchmen murder all the enemies of the Corleone family. Quite a scene. Also, they have a few great lines. So, I recommend it to all.

RE: Last movie you watched - Gatsby - Aug. 12, 2011

The Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Great movie,If you loved the series you'll love the movie,it was pretty sad at some parts,Plus,the suprise at the end (not spoiling anything) REALLY shocked me. i recommend this movie to anyone.

RE: Last movie you watched - Ninja Crab - Aug. 12, 2011

I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes last night at da movies, it was pretty good actually. Hehe Tom Felten ( Draco Mouthoy off HP ) is in it and Harry Osborne ( i dont know his real name so i call him Harry )

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Aug. 13, 2011

His name is James Franco, lol. I find it odd you know Felton's name and not Franco's given Franco has done a lot more than just Spider-man where as Felton hasn't done a lot outside of Potter.

RE: Last movie you watched - Pony - Aug. 13, 2011

Just saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes too and it wasn't bad. Ceaser or however you spell his name was great because he didn't wanna kill us. He just wanted revenge. And the apes' faces were obviously human related.
EDIT:
@To
I'm guessing more people saw HP than they saw Spider Man and didn't recognize James Franco in other movies. I am sad to say I haven't seen all 3 Spider Mans myself Unhappy

RE: Last movie you watched - Temporal - Aug. 13, 2011

Two words, people. Princess. Mononoke.
One of the BEST anime movies EVER. It is simply amazing, I have no way to explain it, or even describe just how great this movie was. (Even if it is my fifth time seeing it...) Hell, it's one of the better movies in general, forget only anime.

Frankly, seeing the that deer's head was pretty epic, and the rotting pig god thing? Just plain awesome.

RE: Last movie you watched - Ninja Crab - Aug. 14, 2011

(Aug. 13, 2011  2:14 AM)To Wrote: His name is James Franco, lol. I find it odd you know Felton's name and not Franco's given Franco has done a lot more than just Spider-man where as Felton hasn't done a lot outside of Potter.

There is a girl i hav to sit next to in class and she is crazy about HP, plus i love Tom Felton, hes great. And so true about wat storm dranzer said, why did Franklin hav to die??!!!! Oh and i luv the circus monkey on it, hes funny

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT, DO NOT READ THIS IF U HAVENT SEEN ROFTPOFTA ( Rise of the Planet of the Apes )

Tom: Get ur filthy paws off me u dirty ape
Caesar: NOOOOOO!!!!!
Tom: Holy ****

Sign language

Apes smart
No, Apes stupid

RE: Last movie you watched - Itachi8 - Aug. 15, 2011

I watch Loony toons back in action and it was great and funny.

RE: Last movie you watched - TakasuMouce - Aug. 16, 2011

I just watched Opposite Day. Pretty Amusing movie, I can say.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Aug. 16, 2011

Saw the movie Your Highness.

It's your typical Medieval time parody with a big oaf that becomes a hero. It's no Monty Python sketch, but it's okay. It's very, very, very, very, very immature, though, and that's something I dislike. I prefer subtle comedy, most of the time (Except when it comes to Monty Python)

I was also certain that the black-haired brother of the main protag would be a traitor of some kind, since he was such a nice guy (And nice guys that aren't main heroes are usually traitors) but they didn't go tha way. Instead, they took the two guys that were very obviously evil and made them evil.

I fail to see the point.

EDIT: Also, the effects were worst than Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. That's saying something.

RE: Last movie you watched - KidTala - Aug. 17, 2011

The Smurfs. Such a good movie and the story line isn't too childish or too grown up, it was just right for me. And the animation was decent aswell.

RE: Last movie you watched - lord Wolfblade - Aug. 17, 2011

rise of the planet of the apes

it was good, the only problem i had is that i think they made the chimps to tall

another thing (mini spoiler). how does the virus (N-13?) make them Caesar talk? speech isn't only a matter of intelligence, you need the correct vocal cords, which most animals do do not have (including the chimpanzees). i guess the N-13(?) could change there vocal cords.

Captain America:
another good movie. i don't really have any complaints except for Captain America's outfit looked... lame

Rango:
wasn't bad, but definitely as good as people made it out to be

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Aug. 18, 2011

No, in the movie Franco and the chimp handler who kills the entire human race (lol) state there's nothing genetically different with Caesar other than the green eyes. Him being able to speak coherent words is just part of the movie's "LOL Real Life" policy.

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Aug. 20, 2011

So I'm on a binge for some really bad martial arts movies based off of video games, and I'm starting off on The King of Fighters.

This is bad, real, real bad. There's weird whitewashing in this film (when there shouldn't be any - if you want to make a KoF movie with a white lead, there are plenty of American characters to choose from), none of the characters bare any sort of personality, back story, or physical resemblance to the character's they're portraying. The plot of the film is so heavily convoluted that something as simple as "Murdering fighter takes ancient artifacts allowing him to merge two worlds to gain dominance" (it's some weird Mortal Kombat plot ripoff despite KoF having none of this) is explained incredibly painfully through 30 minutes of every character in the film giving exposition. Speaking of characters, because most of the film had them delivering exposition no characters really have any, well character. The fight choreography is dull, and the cinematography was awful, using fish eyed lenses, low shots, and shakey cam (which should never ever be in a martial arts film) when they weren't needed. The film was insanely low budget, the costume and set design looks like something I could've put together and shot. So unsurprisingly the computer generated special effects are terrible, and almost look like the stock effects you get when you open Adobe After FX. There's also the problem with who's the main character of the film is, I'd say it's Mai for 75% of the film, but suddenly Kyo takes the reins of the last act (despite only being introduced half way through the film and not knowing jack all about what's going on).

So yeah, don't watch this movie.

RE: Last movie you watched - Bobmcdoogal - Aug. 20, 2011

Phineas and Ferb Acroos the 2nd Dimension
Really good movie

RE: Last movie you watched - Viral - Aug. 20, 2011

Captain America real epiiiccc but i was angry cause its a long time till they film the avengers but Captain America has so far been the best movie ive seen

RE: Last movie you watched - Ballax - Aug. 25, 2011

CARS 2 it was awesome guys k ma favourite part was when Mator was at grand prix club and he was at the free food line and there was wassabi and he thought it was pictasio ice cream n the guy gave him a tiny bit n Mator was like more so the guy gave him more and continued like that until he a full plate then he gobbed it all down then his mouth was on fire so he ran (or drove) to the bathroom and he went into the ladies bathroom it was HISTERICAL MAN .I think nothink should have been changed

Tnx Ballax

RE: Last movie you watched - KidTala - Aug. 25, 2011

I watched The Smurfs again, but in 3D. There wasn't really a dramatic change but it was spectacular.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Aug. 28, 2011

(Aug. 25, 2011  10:10 PM)KidTala Wrote: I watched The Smurfs again

Have you seriously watched The Smurfs movie twice?

RE: Last movie you watched - KidTala - Aug. 28, 2011

(Aug. 28, 2011  2:26 AM)Dude Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2011  10:10 PM)KidTala Wrote: I watched The Smurfs again

Have you seriously watched The Smurfs movie twice?

You probably think I got annoyed with it? Nah, it is a good movie. Well, it's not BAD.

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Aug. 28, 2011

Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time

I probably would've liked this more if I saw it in 3D (just the novelty of 2D animation in 3D). Otherwise, it's pretty janky. There's 1 duel in the film, and the villain's character motives are so poorly done. His motive is that duel monsters ruined his world, sp he chose to battle the 3 who have used duel monsters to save it. He tries to discredit their work because the villains they have faced also used duel monsters. So instead ... he uses duel monsters, but from the future! Heck, Jaden and Yugi only get to play the duel for a single turn. There's very little in the way of character interactions, and that's a bad thing for a fan service crossover film. The duel itself is basically "I summoned this card, and it has this effect that destroys your monster!" "Oh no you don't I activate this card that negates that" "Good, now I can use its special ability when sent to the graveyard to summon this card!" "But now I use card of no life to make that card die!" ... in short it's just the 4 of them chaining cards together.

RE: Last movie you watched - Temporal - Aug. 28, 2011

Figures. Thank you, To. You prevented me from looking for a terrible movie.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Sep. 03, 2011

Saw two movies, recently.

First off was The Repeaters. It was kind of like a "serious" take on the Groundhog Day movie. Basically, three kids that are in a detox center have some freak accident on a rainy night which apparently locks them in a time loop: The same day starts all over again. Here, the kids take advantage of that by first going to rob a liquor store for the heck of it, joy ridding and then giving some payback to a guy that they thought had slept with the main protag's sister. Eventually, they seem to realize what being stuck in a time loop for the rest of existence implies and two of the three decide to stop acting like arrogant jerks, but one of them really loves the situation and even tries to rape a girl, which is just too much, for the other two. I was actually really surprised by how much I liked this movie and was invested in the main characters. I'd recommend it, if you see it in your video store, but only as a rental.

Next was a pretty old movie, Chinatown, starring the always loveable Jack Nicholson. This was one of his very early roles, but he plays it just as smoothly and elegantly as every other role, making it freakin' awesome. The movie itself was really nothing special and actually felt a little far-fetched, at points, but it's your average murder-mystery story and it's pretty good at that. I'd recommend this one too, if only to see Jack's lovely smile (I'm straight, by the way)