World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Last movie you watched - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Last movie you watched (/Thread-Last-movie-you-watched)

RE: Last movie you watched - Hytyjin - Jul. 06, 2011

school of rock its actualy one of my more fav movies but then again the last time i watched it was when i was like 7 so yeah i liked it ****(4 stars)

RE: Last movie you watched - ReallyRandomTJ - Jul. 06, 2011

Yesterday I watched Resident Evil - Apocalypse on tv... only because my brother reminded me it was on. And told me that it was the movie with Oded Fehr and I only recognized that name because of the Mummy movies.

*fangirl moment* ARDETH BEY! Eee
humina humina humina. XD *end fangirl moment*

Dunno if anyone knows this but I've always loved anything egyptian. Lips_sealed
But Oded Fehr is just awesome. love watching the movies/shows he's in. enough said. Cute

RE: Last movie you watched - kinomiya - Jul. 13, 2011

5 hour ago ı watched harry potter Deathly hallows part 2

RE: Last movie you watched - BeyMan! - Jul. 13, 2011

last movie i watched was fast five right after transformers 3

RE: Last movie you watched - BeyScorcher - Jul. 13, 2011

Well I found the beyblade movie on dvd, watched that, then found this movie called "Sling Blade" and it was pretty good.

MMM HMMM

RE: Last movie you watched - Will I AmBlader - Jul. 13, 2011

This might make me sound like a little kid. But the latest movie that I watched was Kung fu panda 2!

WHY? It was absolutely coke-out-of-the nose funny. The people in the theartre started staring at me 'coz I was cracking up so loud. And it was also really epic. Especially the last part. I won't ruin it for you guys. But just one thing. When the furious 5 get caught. He uses a fail move. DISK OF DESTRUCTION! for me. It was 10 out of 10.

RE: Last movie you watched - GeeBax - Jul. 13, 2011

I saw "ZooKeeper" on Sunday and it was really funny! I'd rate it a 10.
Then a few weeks before that I watched Pirates of the Carribean On Strangers Tides,also a 10...and was also very funny!

RE: Last movie you watched - Odin - Jul. 16, 2011

Just got back from Harry Potter. All-in-all, it was pretty good. The movie basically stayed true to the book, however, they changed some things.
Most of it was pretty small stuff, though. (Click to View)
As I said, I liked it. The effects were really cool, and it was a good end to the series. Hopefully, next is the Winnie the Pooh movie, Cowboys and Aliens, and the Tekken 3D movie.

Also, Dude, have you thought of becoming a movie reviewer? You seem suited to the job.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Jul. 18, 2011

(Jul. 16, 2011  5:54 PM)Odin Wrote: Also, Dude, have you thought of becoming a movie reviewer? You seem suited to the job.

Haha XD Well, thanks, but the five lines long "reviews" I post here are hardly reviews at all ^^'

Anyway, I watched Stir of Echoes, yesterday. Had this been a really recent movie, I'd say it's cliché like hell, but it was released in 1999, back when all stereotypes present in the movie (Jump scares, the kid that can talk with the dead etc.) weren't that cliché yet. It was decent enough, except fpr a few gigantic plot holes (Which involve ghosts, of course)

RE: Last movie you watched - LeoneFreak - Jul. 20, 2011

HP 7 Part 1/2. 5/5 Stars. Word for word from the book.

RE: Last movie you watched - Itachi8 - Jul. 20, 2011

This movie might be a bit old but it's Kenan and Kel Good Burger and it if extremely funny I recommend seeing it.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Jul. 22, 2011

Saw two movies, recently.

First up is Lincoln's Lawyer. It's about a lawyer, whose main office is in a Lincoln car and whose given a tough case to work on that involves lies, blakcmailing and some more lies. It's a great movie and a good example of how movies should be. The characters are lkeable, the story is great and there are almost no, if any, special effects. It's basically the absolute opposite of big blockbuster movies like Transformers 3. Where Transformers 3 had great effects, but a weak story and annoying-as-hell characters, Lincoln's Lawyer had no effect but largely made up with everything else. This is what you call a movie, this is what you call acting, not just watching CGI for two hours and a half.

Next was Tekken (2010) I've never played any Tekken game, so I can't really say how this varies from its original media, but, as a basic action-fighting movie, this was pretty damn good. The main character is pretty fun, though a bit one-dimensionnal, the fight scenes are amazing and the music is freakin' awesome. There are a few things that drag it down, though, like a really weak ending, horribly cliché villains (Though maybe that was something they had to carry over from the video games, which are pretty old) and plot twists that have been done so many times that I actually wonder if this was intended as some sort of hommage or a joke (i.e Luke, I am your father!) the movie also has a bad habit of always focusing on the movie's sexy chick's butt a little too much. I mean yeah, she's hot (And she wears pants that fully expose said butt, so...yeah..) but do they think we're monkeys in heat, or something? But, overall, it was pretty fun. Great rental, if anything.

RE: Last movie you watched - Serotonin - Jul. 22, 2011

I watched this last weekend and it's still significant in my mind, so I'm gonna post about it now:

The Tree of Life
This film has been making pretty big waves across the cinema world; it won the prestigious Palme d'Or at Cannes, and has pretty much divided critics throughout. The visuals and techniques used throughout the film are absolutely wonderful, and I honestly thought the story complemented it really well. Yes, the film has overarching themes of existence and purpose which might not be for everyone, but I think it's still worth checking out just to see what all the fuss is about, just to have your own opinion on it. It starts off slow, but it's a really rewarding and satisfying film.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Jul. 22, 2011

Ah, I've heard a lot about that movie.

Thanks for telling it's good, gonna check it out, then Joyful_3

RE: Last movie you watched - Divine_Touch - Jul. 22, 2011

(Jul. 22, 2011  1:29 PM)Dude Wrote: Next was Tekken (2010)

Ive watched that movie and played the game. the movie didnt really show much of the characters like in the game each character entered the tournament to get revenge on someone but it wasnt a bad movie. oh yea and in the game christie ( the girl) and eddy (brazilian guy) were friends they were both trained by christie's grandfather.

RE: Last movie you watched - Thresher - Jul. 23, 2011

Captain America

This was amazing by action movie standards. I'm not a fan of this character but I loved this movie. Chris Evans should stick to this and drop the Human Torch character, because this was the role her was meant to play. This movie ties well into the universe, albeit 70 years in the past. I do not have knowledge of fhe characters back story but this characters powers are oddly plausible. In a way The Captain is just on super steroids. Stanley Tucci, Tommy Lee Jones, and Hugo Weaving do a phenomenal job, which is expected from them, but Chris Evans surprised me. He managed to bring some depth that I didn't expect out of him, I thought he would play this role like the Human Torch, but I was dead wrong. This film is fine in 2D, and while he does A LOT of shield throwing, I don't think it justifies it. For refference i was two rows crom the front in a theater with about a 50 degree slope and i still enjoyed it. In all a great film and STAY TO THE END OF THE CREDITS FOR THE AVENGERS TRAILER! I recommend it to Marvel fans, if this doesn't make you like the Captain, nothing can.

RE: Last movie you watched - Temporal - Jul. 23, 2011

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Totally depressing for the first thirty minutes. Little humor, but when it shows up, it hit BIG time. And Kyon gets stabbed. Ryoko can actually win fights! Who knew? Haruhi is still unbearable without her powers, and Nagato is still awesome. Izumi is still an idiot. The "fell down the stairs" excuse was totally lame, but that was probably the point. (I mean, Kyon was STABBED, and that's the best lie you can concoct? I find it touching that Kyon realized that the SOS Brigade relied on Nagato too much.) Him leaving the normal Nagato behind in the Literature Club was kinda sad, but he started to sound like Haruhi for a second.

RE: Last movie you watched - Triple-X-Turbo - Jul. 24, 2011

What are you talking about?

RE: Last movie you watched - sum 472 - Jul. 24, 2011

(Jul. 24, 2011  9:14 AM)Triple-X-Turbo Wrote: What are you talking about?
The Disapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is an adaption of the 4th Light Novel.
It features Kyon as he returns to find that things are different; Yuki Nagato is a Human, the SOS Brigade never existed and Haruhi is missing!

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Jul. 25, 2011

I saw Insidious, last night.

I was actually kinda pleasantly surprised. It has a lot of stereotypes, but they usually exploit them well (For example, there's an old spirit-seeing lady, but she's not a cryptic, half-menacing, riddle-speaking old bat, she's a pretty nice lady) I counted about 20 jump-scares, but the scare level was actually decent and they weren't just something random jumping in your face. Characters are mostly unlikeable and cliché (Crazy mother worried about her son, skeptic father who doesn't believe in ghosts, baby who starts crying at the worst times possible etc.) but its still okay, especially to poke fun at it.

RE: Last movie you watched - Pony - Jul. 28, 2011

I saw HPP2 opening show. I liked it, but the first part should have been half of the movie and it was 1/7 of it instead. It had action and comedy but it didn't really follow the book much.

CAN'T WAIT FOR CAPTAIN AMERICA Grin

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Jul. 28, 2011

I saw a movie called Intrusion (I think it's called 'Trust', in english...) last night...

It's about this girl that gets tricked by a pervert online into meeting him and he proceeds to essentially rape her, though she denies it's rape, at first. Now, I know this is a serious situation and that many innocent girls are victims of such lunatics all the time, but I couldn't help but sigh (And yawn, sometimes) during the movie because this is entirely her fault and yjere were several signs that this guy was just a manipulative pedophile (At first, he says he's 14, then he says he's 20, then he says he's 34. Suspicious?) but it's like she's the dumbest moron that's just begging to get tangled up in that kind of horrible event that ruins people's lives. Did she forget stranger-danger, or something? I could have understood if this was a very young girl, like 8, of something, but she's a teen. Teens aren't that stupid.

Also, it was boring. Really boring.

RE: Last movie you watched - sum 472 - Jul. 31, 2011

(Jul. 23, 2011  10:02 AM)Temporal Wrote: The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Totally depressing for the first thirty minutes. Little humor, but when it shows up, it hit BIG time. And Kyon gets stabbed. Ryoko can actually win fights! Who knew? Haruhi is still unbearable without her powers, and Nagato is still awesome. Izumi is still an idiot. The "fell down the stairs" excuse was totally lame, but that was probably the point. (I mean, Kyon was STABBED, and that's the best lie you can concoct? I find it touching that Kyon realized that the SOS Brigade relied on Nagato too much.) Him leaving the normal Nagato behind in the Literature Club was kinda sad, but he started to sound like Haruhi for a second.

EDIT: And Kyon was pushed by a ''
Phantom Girl''
Anyway, I happened to watch the same movie today, it was a fandub but it was good voice acting, my favorite part was when Kyon found out why, He only
remembers before and not everyone else was because Kyon had the choice of returning to his former life or the changed world made by Yuki Nagato. I was scared to death when Ryouko Asakura returned to stab Kyon, but particually when she said this; ''This was what you wanted Yuki, or something along those lines.
I now Love this movie and I really want them to make a sequel but that probably won't happen.

RE: Last movie you watched - drakio - Jul. 31, 2011

prince of persia, it was better than what I thought, the fight scenes where cool, and the black guy was awsome, he could throw knives very well

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Jul. 31, 2011

I saw three movies, recently.

First off is Captain America! What a great movie! The main character of Steve is very likeable. You can see he's a really good guy and could do so much more, if only he had been born with a larger body. There's a scene where a fake grenade is thrown to the ground and threathens some people. While all the others run away to hide, Steve doesn't hesitate a second and covers the grenade with his body in an attempt to minimize the grenade's explosion. Now that's what you call a hero. It's not only about having powers and stopping bad guys, it's about being fully willing to risk your life to save others. Say what you want about Superman, but there's never any risk that he'll lose his life while saving people, unless kryptonite is somehow involved, so it's not that heroic. The action scenes were great (Of course, since it's pretty rare to see a boring action scene with Marvel) The only thing I didn't like was the wrong depiction of Dr. Arnim Zola, one of my favourite vilain from the Avengers' universe. Maybe this happens before Zola created the mean to transfer his brain pattern into machines, but, basically, here, he's just a bumbling scientist. His first shot in the movie is actually a close-up of his face on an old tv monitor, just like his actual character, so they actually know what he really looks like. Why change him, then?! C'mon, this is the guy that created the Hate-Monger, Hitler's reincarnated monster! He's supposed to be awesome, not...well, this. So yeah, wish Zola had been done better, but, other than that, it's great.

Next was that odd movie, Yu-Gi-Oh: Bonds Beyond Time. It was pretty cool. They pretty much just hand-wave the time travelling excuse with the Crimson Dragon from 5Ds. If that big bad dragon is so awesome, why doesn't he just snap his fingers and fix everything, huh?! Anyway, it was cool to see Jaden and Yugi back in action (What little action they had) since we'll probably never get to see them again. I also love how the time-travelling villain's name is Paradox, because what he does in the movie would totally cause a time paradox. Basically, he wants to go back in time to stop Duel Monsters from existing (By killing Pegasis, mainly) so that the future can never be destroyed by it. The problem here is that, if Duel Monsers never existed, then what destroyed your future world never existed either, so the events that led you to go back in the past never happened, which means it's impossible for him to have decided to go back in time to stop Duel Monster from existing since duel monsters never actually existed!! Great Scott!! You've created a time paradox!!! But I'm probably just looking a little too deep into this. It's basically just an excuse to have someone fight the three protagonists and, for that, it's pretty fun.

Finally was...uhh...'In the electric mist' I can sum up this movie in a single word: Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring!!!!!!!!! Seriously, one of the most boring movie I've seen in my life. It's about a cop who gets a gruesome case given to him. That's pretty much it. It's hard to describe this movie, but just don't watch it. Trust me.