World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Last movie you watched - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Last movie you watched (/Thread-Last-movie-you-watched)

RE: Last movie you watched - Dr. Peace - Jun. 26, 2011

recently i just watched priest and kung fu panda 2....overall for the priest is not bad...quitr boring in the beginning but at the end it was good...kung fu panda 2 is good. it is hilarious, and totally good action....XD

RE: Last movie you watched - Hiraku æ‹“ - Jun. 26, 2011

Legend of Drunken Master (Drunken Master II)

Greatest Jackie Chan film I've seen to date.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Jun. 28, 2011

Saw two...uhh...interesting movies, recently.

The first one is 'How do you know' it's some sort of comedy-romance. It's your basic scenario of "Guy meets girl by accident and fall in love" but in never really feels like the chick loves the guy, although he loves her like crazy, to the point where it almost gets a little creepy. A great twist would have been for the movie to become a horror film in which the guy kidnaps the girl and forces her to love him through torture (And I honestly thought that's where the movie was going) but awkward conversations come in to save the day and she loves him, in the end. Very weak movie. The only enjoyable part of it all is Jack Nicholson (Yes, Jack Nicholson in a crappy romantic comedy) who's always loveable in his roles, but he doesn't save the movie, saddly.

Next was Unknown and that was better. It's about a guy who gets his identity stolen, but his very existence seems to have been replaced. It's pretty good, save for a few plot holes.

RE: Last movie you watched - Thresher - Jun. 29, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

I have been waiting for this film for two years and actually made it into the midnight showing(I haven't slept yet) and I must say this is the darkest Transformers movie yet. Michael Bay threw out his 12 year old jokes(save a few) and gave the movie a heavy mood. I was surprised by what I saw, and the plot was nothing like I expected. Bay pulled out all the stops on this final installment and ended the series with a bang. I may be biased, but I'm trying my best give an untainted review of the film. I'm trying to see it once more later today to solidify my opinion, but based on why I saw, Bay out did himself. This is IMO easily the best Transformers movie. It takes the franchise to a dark realm and brings it back. I hate to make the comparison to a game, but the film is kind of like Halo: Reach, because the feeling of hopelessness was reoccurring, but of course it had a "happy" ending. If you loved the first film and hated the second, this movie should fix your perspective. I only wish the first film had been done this well without a sequel. Also Bay is done, and it is shown clearly at the end of the movie. Also Barricade did survive the first film and does return here, he isn't important to the plot, but that should fill that pot hole for the first film. I highly recommend this, it is a great action film, and I doubt you'll be disappointed.

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Jun. 29, 2011

Did you watch it in 3D?

I'm going to a screening later today, and am pretty hyped about it.

(Jun. 29, 2011  2:58 PM)To Wrote: Did you watch it in 3D?

I'm going to a screening later today, and am pretty hyped about it.

No, I saw it in 2-D, but I'm watching it in IMAX tonight. I can't stand 3-D movies.

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Jun. 29, 2011

I believe there isn't a 2D Imax version. So if you're seeing a 2D version in Imax it's just the 2D version blown up.

As for 3D, this film is generally accepted as the best use of the technology yet.

RE: Last movie you watched - lord Wolfblade - Jun. 29, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  2:36 PM)Thresher Wrote: If you loved the first film and hated the second

i hated both the first and second Tongue_out (but i love the original animated transformers movie XD )

i watched star trek 2009 for like the 10th time, great movie. personally i think that the actors did good (IMO the guy who played chekov was the farthest from looking like the original's chekov, but he was still funny)

(Jun. 29, 2011  3:29 PM)To Wrote: I believe there isn't a 2D Imax version. So if you're seeing a 2D version in Imax it's just the 2D version blown up.

As for 3D, this film is generally accepted as the best use of the technology yet.

I'm making an exception for this film, I should have clarified that.

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Jun. 30, 2011

This is my non-spoilerific review of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. My spoilerific review is in the DotM thread.

I just got back from Dark of the Moon, and it's big, and dumb but a tonne of fun. The film is visual splendor, with the last hour basically equating to what every child imagined was going on when they were playing with Transformers. The story I felt was good in concept, but poorly executed, and you won't miss Mikaela Megan Fox Banes, as Carly is a step up as she can convincingly act, and is given things to do in this film rather than just be arm candy. Just a note though, the editing in this movie seemed a heck rushed, and when you watch the movie you'll notice where.

I will say this though, this film is darker than any of the others, and it's really... off because of that. While it's not something entirely foreign to Transformers, it is something foreign to this film franchise.

I'd say you guys should see it simply because of the visual splendor on display, as the box office for this one hasn't been great domestically, so I imagine this will be the last time you'll see Transformers action on this scale. Oh, and this was totally worth the 3D charge. The depth was incredible. It felt at times as though I was bird flying down well, I'm not going to spoil it.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Jun. 30, 2011

Just got back myself from watching Transformers 3 andd I simply can't believe any of you actually liked it. I'm really disappointed in you guys.

Many of you say things like "It's much darker than the other two" and "Bay dropped all the stupid jokes" but it's not the case at all! The stupid, immature, unfunny, corny jokes are still there and just as much as the second movie. What the hell?! What about the two comic relief little robots? What about the Einstein robot (Yes, I'm serious)? What about Sam's parents? What about the scene where Sam's boss thinks he's gay? The stupid humor is still there!

The Transformers again have no personnalities, aside for the four or five main Transformers. The others are basically just paper-cut objects to be used and thrown into the basket. Most of the time, I could not tell who was who because those damn robots all look the same! I don't care if they die, they're just...things. They have no impact on me. I'd have the same reaction if a fly were to be killed: I don't care. I just don't care.

But the real problem with this movie and what I realized seriously drags down the other movies, too, is Shia Leboeuf's character. I don't know much about Shia's acting talent, since the only other role I've seen him in is the new Indiana Jones (In which he's not very good, anyway) but he is awful, in the Transformer series. He's just about the furthest thing from manly and heroic I can think off. If that was the point, good job, but that does not make him an interesting character. I don't care about Sam, okay?! He's not interesting! I don't want to see scenes of him trying to get a job! I don't want to see scenes of him at his new job! I don't want to see scenes of him talking with his parents! I care about the giant robots, mainly Optimus and Megatron (Who are boring, but are at least fun to watch) Why is Sam such an important character? He's a coward, he's not very intelligent, he's not very charismatic (Although I hear Shia has fan-girls (A concept that blows me away)) he's not strong, he's not heroic, he's just a freaking waste of time! All he does, in the movie, is whine, yell and cry. I can't root for such a carp.

This movie sucks. Period. Nothing's changed, I don't know why you guys like it.

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Jul. 01, 2011

This film is darker than the others. I don't know if you noticed, but actual characters died in this film. Hell, some characters were introduced just to die in the next scene. Heck, we had Decepitcons killing humans, and then right after saying how pathetic they were. We even got to see how greed, and corruption doesn't only affect the Decepticons, but also humans. Which is all honestly morbid for this film franchise.

As well, Bay humor is at an all time low with it. The two side characters you mention (Wheelie, and Brain) aren't in the film a lot, and for the first time in this series actually have an impact in the plot thanks to them helming the drop ship. Sam's parents are also in the film for like a grand total of 5 minutes, as are the awkward office sequences, which you know ends kind of morbidly.

As for nothing changing, I really do have to ask if you even watched the same movie we did. Aside from the huge tonal shift, the film's actions shots are almost all clear, with very little of it shot with a shakey cam. The fact you didn't even mention it means it changed, because that's a problem you brought up tonnes of times in the previous films.

It's fine to say you didn't like the film, because honestly at this point, I'm not even sure if I do either because the tonal shift is very different. But to say nothing changed tells me you never cared to see if anything changed.

RE: Last movie you watched - Thresher - Jul. 01, 2011

(Jun. 30, 2011  4:10 AM)To Wrote: I'd say you guys should see it simply because of the visual splendor on display, as the box office for this one hasn't been great domestically, so I imagine this will be the last time you'll see Transformers action on this scale. Oh, and this was totally worth the 3D charge. The depth was incredible. It felt at times as though I was bird flying down well, I'm not going to spoil it.

After returning from my second viewing(this time in IMAX) I wholeheartedly agree. Although if you're going to pay the 3D price, just spend the extra 3 dollars for IMAX, it is definitely worth it.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Jul. 01, 2011

The idea of killing characters is dark indeed, but, if I don't care about the character, y'know, because they were introduced a second ago, then their deaths are meaningless. A movie isn't dark just because you kill characters we don't care about, a movie isn't dark because you kill off humans we don't know about. Remember in the Dark Knight, where Batman's childhood friend and part-time lover died as he could do nothing but watch? Yeah, THAT'S dark! I don't care if the Decepticons execute random Einstein Transformer because I have no idea who he is! If you're going to kill characters, make it MATTER!

I do admit that the stupid humor was toned down, but it was still there and when it was, it was greatly annoying. The parents were not necessary and neither were the two lil' robots. Sure, they helped by taking down a big Decepticon carrier, but did you notice how that really didn't affect the plot that much? It's actually the military that shot down most of the Decepticon ships with their weapons. Sam's parents psychologically helped him, yes, but their help wouldn't have been useful if Sam had been a good character! Let's be honest, their advices were pretty damn generic (I don't know how it sounded in english, but it sure did en french)

The action was also better, I admit that, but it still felt cramped and uncomfortable, at least to me. I had no idea who was who, except for Optimus and Bumblebee, because they have the obvious color patterns of red and yellow. And besides, we all knew who would live and die, in those fights, so the action basically becomes useless.

As for the graphics, it goes without saying that they're great, just because of all we can do with CGI, these days, but graphics, no matter how pretty they are, don't make a movie great when everything else is flawed. Not to mention that the "3D" was absolutely worthless.

So yeah, I'll admit that it is better than the second movie, but c'mon, that wasn't exactly hard to beat and just because it's better than that one doesn't mean it's a good movie.

You guys are free to like it, I don't really understand why you would, but, to me, it sucked hard.

Uh, Wheelie and Brains took down a warship that was about to execute the Autobots. I'd say that is pretty important to the plot.

As well, probably the most developed Autobot outside of Prime, and Bumble died in this movie. They didn't just kill no name Autobots, the one who died had been in every single prior movie, and had a personality. I don't know about you, but I found that pretty shocking that Ironhide died. I didn't really care that Que (the Einstein looking robot) got axed, because while we saw parts of his personality in the film, he was still just introduced in this movie. But Ironhide has been in this series since the beginning, and he's unceremoniously killed by someone he believed was his friend (though I have no clue as to why he suffers from cosmic rust). Yeah, it would be nice if you cared about every Autobot, but you have to realize that this is a war film that is trying to describe 3 differing factions with Autobots, Decepticons, and humans. It's not always possible for this to happen.

Also, it wasn't necessairly just the deaths, but rather how they happen. Jerry for example is a character who dies 7 or so minutes after he's introduced in a style rather shocking. He's introduced to the audience as a jerk, and then he's killed. While we only know him as a jerk, at that point in time I could tell this was going to be a very different movie. (For those who care, I was also really surprised at how large a role Laserbeak played in this film)

Also, your projectionist must suck, because the 3D wasn't worthless. Maybe it's worthless if you like gimmicky things flying in your face, but I don't because it's quite annoying. The film's 3D brought a sense of depth to the picture, and in certain sequences, such as the drop off the Chicago buildings were quite breath taking (as Bay actually gave those guys 3D cameras and let them fly around). Perfect 3D to me is 3D that doesn't make you say "Oh hey, I'm watching a 3D movie because some stuff just flew into my face", it's 3D that makes you forget your glasses on. Which Dark of the Moon does in spades.

Ironhide was in the other movies, yeah, but I never really cared about him because he did so little. Killing B-list characters (Which Ironhide obviously was with his total of around 10 lines in all movies) in a non-heroic, lame way is just about the best thing to do if you want to make me leave the theatre. And Jerry's death wasn't very dark, he's just thrown off a building. And why should Jerry's death affect me when he's exactly been shown as a jerk? He's dead, whatever, he wasn't exactly likeable.

And yeah, it could just be the theatre I went to (Which actually wouldn't surprise me very much) but even then, I'm hardly one to be impressed by pwetty (The W instead of the R is intentionnal) images. Either it's 3D that throws things in my face like in Jaws 3D or this kind of 3D, if the story, characters and plot twist (Hey, the guy who acted like a total rich douche is evil! No way!) is lame, I won't enjoy the movie.

Well, that's the thing with Jerry. His entire role was to be a jerk, and die. That's not something that's usual for this franchise. Usually characters like him have a chance to redeem themselves (like Leo in ROTF - though admittedly Leo's only real redemption was that he got less screen time as the film progressed), but no, he's dead. I honestly thought Jerry was going to replace Leo in this film, and be the annoying sidekick, since all of his character pointed towards that. But nope, he's gone, and then Laserbeak makes fun of him.

As for Ironhide, it may be my attachment to the character through the other Transformers fiction, but I was shocked when he died. I expected maybe Ratchet, since well, he's Ratchet and has had even less character development than Ironhide. Heck, maybe even Sideswipe since no one knows who Sideswipe is, but to kill Ironhide was just off to me. I didn't really expect him gone.

...So...Because the character was introduced and got killed in the next scene, that makes him a good character?...

I guess we don't really have the same criterias. According to my judgement, that makes him a total waste of time.

Speaking of Ironhide and his cosmic rust, you should actually be pissed that he was killed so stupidly if you liked him. He pretty much died for nothing. No heroic stand, no life saving, not even a sacrifice to save a bunch of people. Is that how you want your liked characters to die? Pointlessly? How futile...

I never said Jerry was a good character, in fact I mentioned he was a jerk. It's just that I'm still hung up on the whole "This is the exact same movie as the other two" comment. When it really isn't. Nor was Jerry's character a waste of time, since he does bring Sam into the plot of the film.

As for Ironhide, him dying signaled how alien Sentinel really was compared to every other Autobot, and really showed what his true intentions were. He didn't die like a noble should, but died to serve the audience in showcasing Sentinel's feelings.

RE: Last movie you watched - zflare3 - Jul. 02, 2011

RE: Last movie you watched - Benjohadi - Jul. 03, 2011

i watched transformers 3..i dont know why..i like this one more than the second one..its has been less on robot fightnig scene..it is more or less,scary movie to me..it is now a 'robot alien envasion movie'..the decepticons space craft kinda remembering me of the movie 'the end of the world' not sure about the name..i think so..story by tom cruise of alien invasion...

RE: Last movie you watched - sonicsora123 - Jul. 03, 2011

i watched kung fu panda 2. it was actually quite funny.

RE: Last movie you watched - Odin - Jul. 04, 2011

Well, I just got back from Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Overall, it was pretty good. I mean, I understand what Dude said about the stupid jokes still being there, but it was much less apparent. I really did enjoy this movie.
However, there were some things that I didn't really like. (Click to View)
The effects were really cool, though. I think that it looked very nice. My dad had one note, however:
my father Wrote:If I had seen this in 3-D, I can barely imagine the headache I'd have right now, there was so much in the movie.

RE: Last movie you watched - AXEL- LONE WOLF - Jul. 04, 2011

Movie: Transformers 3 dark of the moon

i liked it but it wasnt the best,1 because leanord nemoy played as a decepticon and 2 cuz ironhide got v aporized but overall it was pretty good

RE: Last movie you watched - jasonresno - Jul. 06, 2011

Saw two recently:

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon
Not really a fan of the series and I hadn't even seen the second film. I just went out with a friend because he was watching his nephews and wanted to take them out to the movie. We saw it in 3D and for not knowing what the hell was going on I was pretty entertained throughout the movie. The Megan Fox replacement was actually much prettier, Shia actually had some substance to his role (even though the character itself is flaaat flat flat), and there were quite a few cool cameos (John Malkovich, Alan Tudyk). So for not caring at all about the franchise I'd give it a 7/10 on pure entertainment value. The fight scenes were high octane, the effects were incredible, and the score was really well done.

Contact
Sci-Fi flick made back in the 90s starring Jodie Foster as a scientist who is a part of the SETI program. Really interesting film. What I liked about it, even though it was a long and slower paced movie, was that the script was so well written. There is no throw away dialogue in the entire film. What the characters go through once they find out this message from aliens makes them challenge their faith and ideals and adjust everything they believe about life. It was cool to see the characters evolve. So well done and it really made me think when it was over. 8/10.