World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Last movie you watched - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Last movie you watched (/Thread-Last-movie-you-watched)

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Sep. 06, 2010

So, I saw The Last Exorcism...

I really can't wait for the day people are gonna look back at those "First-Person" point of view movies like Cloverfield, Quarantine, Diary of the Dead, Blair Witch Project and think "Man, this was stupid!" just like we do for Disco or Vanilla Ice.

This movie started out very promising, though, having a good-looking reverand explaining to us just how much of a thief he is (Yes, he is a thief, considering he takes money for his fake exorcisms) but then it got stupid...very, very stupid.

Go see it, if you want a good laugh.

RE: Last movie you watched - Cpt. Squirrel - Sep. 06, 2010

Rec/Quarantine wasn't that great, but me and my friend were talking through it (we were at my house, not in the cinema).

The Blair Witch Project scared me.

I can't think of any other POV movies that I've seen, but, if done well, it adds extra tension. For example, though The Descent wasn't the best movie, when looking through the camcorder in night vision, it was quite tense.

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Sep. 06, 2010

Blair Witch was the first and the best in that style. All the others were just mediocre attempts at being scary like BWP.

But that's my point. Everytime a movie tried to be another Blair Witch, where they claim that what you're seeing right now is true, it failed miserably. The only way it could be okay is if it's so obviously fake, like with Cloverfield, in which case we all know New York is still doing good and that they're were never any giant monsters, there.

But for all the others, it's just pathetic and this exorcism insanity is no exception. These movies make it pretty clear that their just saying bullcrap by having credits. Don't claim to be a true story if your gonna list the people that built your lie, c'mon.

RE: Last movie you watched - Cpt. Squirrel - Sep. 06, 2010

I think you're missing the point though. All movies that you see in the cinema are fake. No one's going to release 100% real footage of an exorcism or alien stuff. The point is that for the 90 or so minutes, a movie is supposed to entertain you and a horror movie requires you to suspend your disbelief and be absorbed into the atmosphere. The POV just aids this.

However, I think you should watch Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County.

RE: Last movie you watched - Cpt. Squirrel - Sep. 11, 2010

I just watched Hancock. I liked the second half more than the first, and I think the whole film should've just been serious throughout... imo, it would've been so much better.

RE: Last movie you watched - BlankShot - Sep. 11, 2010

I work at a movie theatre so I see bits and pieces of movies every time I work. The last full movie I've seen was Piranhas 3D, which was a complete joke. I'm probably gonna see Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D tomorrow, and I want to see The Switch and The Virginity Hit sometime, though neither are playing at the theatre I work at.

RE: Last movie you watched - Wendsterrr - Sep. 12, 2010

Hmmm, the last movie I watched was Despicable Me. It was a good movie haha. My favorite part was when the girls switched his paper plans to a picture of him on the toilet rofl.

RE: Last movie you watched - mesorangerxx - Sep. 12, 2010

resident evil after life =P decent movie but random zombie pops up

RE: Last movie you watched - Daegor42 - Sep. 12, 2010

Resident Evil: Afterlife was terrible. The plot had gigantic holes and barely made any sense at all.

At least the effects were decent. Except when they had constant slow motion for over a minute at the beginning of the movie.

RE: Last movie you watched - Zeda - Sep. 12, 2010

I really want to watch Resident Evil : Afterlife...... I watched 2012 last night though XD Not the best disaster movie ever. Its just one of those films you have to watch ONCE because its not that exciting. I want to watch Independance Day or The last exorcism next.....

RE: Last movie you watched - BlankShot - Sep. 12, 2010

(Sep. 12, 2010  7:55 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Resident Evil: Afterlife was terrible. The plot had gigantic holes and barely made any sense at all.

The plot didn't have gigantic holes, there was little to no plot at all. Seriously, it was just a story about Alice's adventures, there was no buildup or anything. It's just that lots of things in said story didn't make any sense.

oh, and STAR POWER!!!! Yeah...

RE: Last movie you watched - pegasis105rf - Sep. 12, 2010

i saw the old resident evil

i was carpin awesome i really loved it

RE: Last movie you watched - Dude - Sep. 12, 2010

Saw 'Dressed To Kill' yesterday...

Man, was it boring. Story is boring, chase scenes are boring, killer is boring, protagonist is boring, music is boring. Everything was incredibly boring.

Then again, it's a pretty old movie, so I can slightly forgive it for that, but, then again, I've seen much older movies that were still much scarier.

RE: Last movie you watched - Kei - Sep. 14, 2010

- Bunraku premiere at TIFF Midnight Madness

Waited in the rush line for way too many hours on Saturday in hopes of getting tickets to see this, and luckily I did! I won't go in depth about the movie, but I will say that while the plot was relatively simple, there were still many aspects I enjoyed of what was being portrayed, both through dialogue and otherwise. And visually, the film was absolutely stunning. Surreal is one word I would use to describe it.

I bought tickets to the second screening, which is tonight, a while back just in case I had not gotten tickets for the premiere, and after seeing it the one time, I've decided to go see it again.

RE: Last movie you watched - Cpt. Squirrel - Sep. 16, 2010

I watched 'The Experiment'.

It's one of those movies that make you think and how one can go from good to bad and vice versa, e.g. like 'Crash', but with power and domination as themes instead of racism. It's really good, and I wholeheartedly recommend anyone 15+ to watch it.

I really don't understand why it was released straight to DVD, especially with Oscar winner Adrien Brody in it.

:\

RE: Last movie you watched - BlankShot - Sep. 18, 2010

Just saw Devil. It's one of M. Night Shamalan's better films, but still, it's made by M. Night Shamalan.

RE: Last movie you watched - Senpatu - Sep. 18, 2010

the last movie i watched was diary of the wimpy kid i found it ironic sme how

RE: Last movie you watched - MorningMess - Sep. 19, 2010

I recently saw Shutter Island. My sister said it was holy carp scary but then I watched it last night and it really wasn't scary.. It was more of suspense than scary. Other than that, I love the plot of it.

RE: Last movie you watched - Jsc - Sep. 19, 2010

Under 3 minutes ago I finished 'Ponyo' and of course it was spectacular. I fell that it could have been deeper and had a greater climax though... I expected some sort of battle between Sosuke, Fujimoto, and Ponyo... But it never really happened...

RE: Last movie you watched - Spoonigan - Sep. 19, 2010

I think the last film I saw was Toy Story 3, I absolutely loved it. (:

RE: Last movie you watched - Ultra - Sep. 19, 2010

Watched the other guys yesterday. I thought it was pretty good and really funny. Will ferrell was brilliant in it and the main source of the jokes.

RE: Last movie you watched - Terra Blazer - Sep. 19, 2010

I watched vampires suck and it was definitely a warped version of twilight

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Sep. 19, 2010

I watched a double billing of the Sisterhood of Traveling Pants movies. Don't ask why, but I enjoyed them both. The first more so than the second, and I now have an interest in watching Easy A...

Time to go watch The Expendables.

(Sep. 18, 2010  6:29 AM)BlankShot Wrote: it's made by M. Night Shamalan.

No it's not.

RE: Last movie you watched - G-Hagane - Sep. 21, 2010

Star Wars Episode V:The Empire Strikes Back 10/10
This movie kicks butt.

RE: Last movie you watched - Cpt. Squirrel - Sep. 21, 2010

"Get Him to the Greek" is pretty banging. I laughed out loud a few times and it was genuinely really funny. Diddy's bits were the best though.