World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) (/Thread-Product-BX-36-Random-Booster-WhaleWave-Select-Rare-WhaleWave-5-80E)

BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - TrainiacJ - Aug. 08, 2024

Random Booster for Beyblade X. Each Booster randomly contains one of three possible Beyblades, each sporting the new WhaleWave Blade. The prize pull is WhaleWave 5-80E.
MSRP with tax is 1400 JPY per Booster. Releases on September 14th, 2024.
[Image: 4904810914617_3003fd2c7be649f59dcf7eaf546092cb.jpg]
Possible Contents:
  • WhaleWave 5-80E
  • WhaleWave 4-70HN (Black)
  • WhaleWave 3-80GB (White)

Images from TakaraTomy Mall:
Images from Official Site:
Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-36 WhaleWave 5-80E
  • Balance-type
  • Right-spin
  • "PRESS ATTACK: By using a tall Ratchet with a Blade and Bit both apt for smash attacking, its capable of pinning down opponents in the endgame of a battle."
Blade: WhaleWave
  • "Its five large smashing blades create high centrifugal force, and can barrage opponents with overhead attacks."
  • Attack: 15
  • Defense: 70
  • Stamina: 15
Ratchet: 5-80 (pronounced "Five Eighty")
  • "Part that sets the Bey's height to a high profile. Sports five thick blades that boost centrifugal force."
  • Attack: 12
  • Defense: 8
  • Stamina: 10
  • Height: 80
Bit: E (full name "Elevate")
  • "Sports a large guard that maintains stability, as well as a tip that lifts up during an Xtreme Dash to facilitate smash attacks."
  • Attack: 30
  • Defense: 15
  • Stamina: 20
  • Dash: 35
  • Burst Resistance: 30

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - fireblaze1 - Aug. 08, 2024

I kinda like Seaborg from the Plastic Gen (Bakuten Shoot) series both a whale & attack type like Whale Wave.

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - Xcess-Z - Aug. 08, 2024

Is this Beyblade "Wave", as in evolutions will be other aquatic animals, or has X begun to normalize a traditional naming scheme? Only time will tell. Whale has one of the most stand out aesthetic designs in my opinion, but unfortunately, I don't think that'll fully translate to performance.

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - ayggdrasilgy - Aug. 08, 2024

oh man, I always wanted the E bit to stand for Eternal. AKA: A free spinning bit. But, I'll guess there wuld be another way.

This looks like an OK, release. Kinda weird going back and forth between BX and UX

5 Blades with smash attacks, A Wave like Bit, A BX Magma ifrit everyone?

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - TrainiacJ - Aug. 09, 2024

Images and description from official site have been added to OP.
Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-36 WhaleWave 5-80E
  • Balance-type
  • Right-spin
  • "PRESS ATTACK: By using a tall Ratchet with a Blade and Bit both apt for smash attacking, its capable of pinning down opponents in the endgame of a battle."
Blade: WhaleWave
  • "Its five large smashing blades create high centrifugal force, and can barrage opponents with overhead attacks."
  • Attack: 15
  • Defense: 70
  • Stamina: 15
Ratchet: 5-80 (pronounced "Five Eighty")
  • "Part that sets the Bey's height to a high profile. Sports five thick blades that boost centrifugal force."
  • Attack: 12
  • Defense: 8
  • Stamina: 10
  • Height: 80
Bit: E (full name "Elevate")
  • "Sports a large guard that maintains stability, as well as a tip that lifts up during an Xtreme Dash to facilitate smash attacks."
  • Attack: 30
  • Defense: 15
  • Stamina: 20
  • Dash: 35
  • Burst Resistance: 30

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - RalfBalf - Aug. 09, 2024

(Aug. 08, 2024  10:57 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: This looks like an OK, release. Kinda weird going back and forth between BX and UX

UX isn't a successor to BX. That's why they're referred to as lines, not systems. It's an equivalent to the Maximum Series from MFB, or possibly BU if you ignore the BU Lock system.

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - ayggdrasilgy - Aug. 09, 2024

(Aug. 09, 2024  12:54 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2024  10:57 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: This looks like an OK, release. Kinda weird going back and forth between BX and UX

UX isn't a successor to BX. That's why they're referred to as lines, not systems. It's an equivalent to the Maximum Series from MFB, or possibly BU if you ignore the BU Lock system.

Ohhhh Gotcha, but it still confusing to me why they keep moving back and forth, I mean, once BU hit in most beys where BU.

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - fabelavalon - Aug. 09, 2024

(Aug. 09, 2024  5:51 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: Ohhhh Gotcha, but it still confusing to me why they keep moving back and forth, I mean, once BU hit in most beys where BU.

Because, like they said before, BX to UX is not like DB to BU. It's more akin to a subsystem than a full on new system like BU was. Honestly you can't really compare what their doing with X to the other generations, personally I've stopped trying.

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - Orichalcum - Aug. 10, 2024

It seems like TT has found multiple different ways for beys to interact with the X line that aren’t just regular extreme dashes. Makes me wonder what else they have in store.

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - ayggdrasilgy - Aug. 10, 2024

(Aug. 10, 2024  12:01 AM)Orichalcum Wrote: It seems like TT has found multiple different ways for beys to interact with the X line  that aren’t just regular extreme dashes. Makes me wonder what else they have in store.

I'm tinking onprobably making a mode change bit with interchangeable gear ratios or bits with out the ratchet loking gears to make them totally free spin and act as break when in contact with the xtreme line instead

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - fireblaze1 - Aug. 10, 2024

Here is a video to show Whale Wave:

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - Artsy Blader - Aug. 24, 2024

I was trying to wait for the usual quick showcase of Whale Wave on the official Beyblade channel to see what this Bey is about but they are taking too long. I can't believe they're going for down smash again. They're really bad at it 😅. Here's hoping it delivers good hits at 60 height.

RE: BX-36 Random Booster WhaleWave Select (Rare: WhaleWave 5-80E) - fireblaze1 - Aug. 31, 2024

Here is a video that show the full set in Random Booster Select - BX-36: