World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Light launching??? (BBX) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Light launching??? (BBX) (/Thread-Light-launching-BBX)

Light launching??? (BBX) - Jon_at_hon - Jul. 11, 2024

Is there a place for light launching in beyblade X? In the three tournaments I have been to I was told that I am just not launching hard enough. Remembering that, i take that knowledge home to practice and I just keep self KO’ing time and time again. Especially with wizard rod in the picture isn’t it ok to launch shark juuusst steady enough to latch onto the extreme line multiple times in a row?

(P.s. please please please tell me there is a dedicated wizrod counter combo as thats my other problem)

RE: Light launching??? (BBX) - Cindercast - Jul. 11, 2024

(Jul. 11, 2024  5:14 AM)Jon_at_hon Wrote: Is there a place for light launching in beyblade X? In the three tournaments I have been to I was told that I am just not launching hard enough. Remembering that, i take that knowledge home to practice and I just keep self KO’ing time and time again. Especially with wizard rod in the picture isn’t it ok to launch shark juuusst steady enough to latch onto the extreme line multiple times in a row?

(P.s. please please please tell me there is a dedicated wizrod counter combo as thats my other problem)

If you launch hard and aimlessly then you will run into some issues. I'd say practice angling or maneuvering your launcher in different ways to see what works for you.

RE: Light launching??? (BBX) - Anthalt - Jul. 11, 2024

First, a discussion of Wizard Rod. Wizard Rod has 2 main builds: 5-60 Hexa, and 9-60 Ball.

The Hexa build is essentially a defense type and a such is weak to being outspun by stamina focused blades. Ironically Wizard Rod 9-60 Ball is a top counter pick there.

For Wizard Rod 9-60 Ball the weakness is aggressive low blades that can either burst it (probably its largest weakness), or knock it out. Shark Edge, Dran Buster, Tyranno Beat, and Phoenix Wing are ask popular choices in the meta capable of doing just that.

Now, you're already using Shark Edge, which I think is an excellent option, it is mostly Ratchet agnostic so long as you keep it as low as possible with a 60mm, and aggressive Bits like the family of Flat adjacent Bits (Point, Accel, Low Flat, Flat, Rush) or Taper variants (Taper, Unite) work well. Note, there is a tactical space for a stationary attack build of shark on something like Disc Ball for example, since many stamina types are eventually going to settle into the middle where shark can be waiting for them, and potentially outspin some blades on occasion. Personally I prefer my combo on Point because of the better self KO resistance.

Now, let's discuss launching. You are going to want to hard launch since your rotational speed is contributing the the force of your hits and you are either hoping to burst their ratchet, or knock them out. Your first goal should be direct blade on ratchet contact within the first few seconds of the match since any amount of time spinning and not making contact is rotational speed lost to friction. Launch on an angle that allows your blade to spin on the edge of its flat bit. Your goal is to figure out where your opponent is trying to launch their blade, and get your blade there quickly. If you aren't certain where the opponent will be launching, a safe-ish option is to reverse ride the X rail up to the top left corner, giving your opponent's blade a little time to settle in the middle before shark drops down from the top pf the stadium, the easiesr way to do this is to launch from the right side of the stadium with your launcher aimed at a 45 dregree angle towards the extreme finish zone. You aren't trying to catch the X rail right away since a good Wizard Rod player will very easily dodge you by aiming up into that top left corner of the stadium themselves where an extreme dash won't reach. Once your initial blade on ratchet attempt connects, you want to have pulled hard enough that if Shark didn't succeed in winning, that then it can catch the rail and start extreme dashing once Wizard Rod is no longer in a position to dodge.

Perhaps once left spin becomes a thing in X, light launching will have its place for spin steal and equalization purposes, but for now, medium would be the lightest I would launch, and that would be for stamina types that aren't trying to beat the attackers by a mile, just enough that they run out of steam.