World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Hasbro Xtreme Beystadium vs. Takara-Tomy Xtreme Stadium Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: X Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-X-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Hasbro Xtreme Beystadium vs. Takara-Tomy Xtreme Stadium Discussion Thread (/Thread-Hasbro-Xtreme-Beystadium-vs-Takara-Tomy-Xtreme-Stadium-Discussion-Thread)

Hasbro Xtreme Beystadium vs. Takara-Tomy Xtreme Stadium Discussion Thread - Dan - Jun. 05, 2024

Hello everyone.

I recently purchased the just-released Xtreme Battle Set and have found the time to compare this Hasbro iteration of the Xtreme Stadium to the original being produced by Takara-Tomy. I would recommend people leave their findings, thoughts, and comments about either stadium here in this thread as well.

Unfortunately most of my meta-relevant Beyblade X parts and combos are no longer with us (R.I.P.), so the combos and mirrors presented here are not able to reflect what the meta (at time of writing) looks like in each stadium perfectly. 

Instead I have gone ahead and used some pretty simple combos (mobile, stationary) to get to the bottom of the potential differences between the two stadiums. This OP is not meant to come to any definitive conclusions about what is "better", but serve as a launchpad for discussion and testing. 

Both X Stadiums are legal for WBO Organized Play despite their differences and Organizers/Bladers are free to choose whichever one they prefer for play.

[Image: fiG8nOA.jpeg]

The two stadiums have drastically different dimensions. They are as follows (approximately):

Xtreme Beystadium (Hasbro)
Length: 41cm (stadium base), 40cm (shroud)
Width: 35cm (base), 35.5cm (shroud)
Height: 12.5cm
Depth (stadium floor to shroud opening): 11cm (center), 10cm (ridge), 9cm (Xtreme Line)
Pocket entrance: 10.5cm
Xtreme Pocket entrance: 16cm
Xtreme Pocket height: 7cm (roof), 6cm tapering down (by the Logo)

Xtreme Stadium (Takara-Tomy)
Length: 42cm (at stadium base to shroud lip), 41 (shroud)
Width: 42cm (base), 43cm (shroud)
Height: 16cm
Depth (stadium floor to shroud opening): 14cm (center), 12cm (ridge), 11.5cm (Xtreme Line)
Pocket entrance: 12cm
Xtreme Pocket entrance: 18.5cm
Xtreme Pocket height: 9cm (roof), 8cm tapering down (by the Logo)

Minor testing (Mobile vs. Stationary, Stationary vs. Stationary)

Dran Dagger 3-60F vs. Knight Shield 5-60HN in Xtreme Beystadium (Hasbro)
Dran Dagger wins: 4 wins, 9 Points (1 XF, 3 KO)
Knight Shield wins: 6 wins, 9 Points (1 XF, 1 KO, 4 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Hasbro X Stadium (XF, KO): 6/10

Dran Dagger 3-60F vs. Knight Shield 5-60HN in Xtreme Stadium (Takara-Tomy)
Dran Dagger wins: 5 wins, 9 Points (4 KO, 1 OS)
Knight Shield wins: 5 wins, 7 Points (1 XF, 4 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Takara X Stadium (XF, KO): 5/10

Shark Edge 3-60F vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Beystadium (Hasbro)
Shark Edge wins: 7 wins, 14 Points (4 BF, 3 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 13 wins, 20 Points (7 KO, 6 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Hasbro X Stadium (XF, KO): 10/20

Shark Edge 3-60F vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Stadium (Takara-Tomy)
Shark Edge wins: 4 wins, 8 Points (1 BF, 3 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 6 wins, 6 Points (6 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Takara X Stadium (XF, KO): 3/10

Dran Dagger 5-60F vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Stadium (Takara-Tomy)
Dran Dagger wins: 3 wins, 6 Points (2 BF, 1 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 7 wins, 7 Points (1 KO, 5 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Takara X Stadium (XF, KO): 2/10

Dran Dagger 5-60F vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Beystadium (Hasbro)
Dran Dagger wins: 5 wins, 11 Points (1 XF, 3 BF, 2 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 5 wins, 7 Points (2 KO, 2 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Hasbro X Stadium (XF, KO): 4/20

Hells Scythe 5-60N Mirror in Xtreme Beystadium (Hasbro)
Hells Scythe (Green) wins: 7 wins, 13 Points (1 XF, 1 BF, 3 KO, 2 OS)
Hells Scythe (Yellow) wins: 3 wins, 5 Points (2 KO, 1 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Hasbro X Stadium (XF, KO): 6
Parts swapped half-way

Hells Scythe 5-60N Mirror in Xtreme Stadium (Takara-Tomy)
Hells Scythe (Green) wins: 4 wins, 5 Points (1 BF, 3 OS)
Hells Scythe (Yellow) wins: 6 wins, 6 Points (6 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Hasbro X Stadium (XF, KO): 0
Parts swapped half-way

Of course no completely accurate determination can be made from this very small sample size, but the likelihood for higher-recoil Stamina matches to come down to knock-outs is much higher in the Hasbro X Beystadium (6/10 instances) compared to the Takara-Tomy X Stadium (0/10 instances). 

The Takara-Tomy X Stadium saw a much closer set and every one of the 10 matches came down to raw endurance and/or other random factors like Xtreme Line contact resulting in outspins. Hasbro X Beystadium only had 3 of its 10 matches end in outspin, in comparison. 

In the context of the current Wizard Rod mirror stamina meta, this difference between stadiums may not be as influential, but in the early HS-dominated Stamina meta the differences are clear as day. Takara-Tomy will usually result in more endurance matches when two stationary combos are in combat, Hasbro much less so. 

Surprisingly, the Mobile vs. Stationary matchup was similar in both Points and total KOs. This may mean that you can expect similar results in either stadium, with the upside of the Hasbro Beystadium being much more decisive KOs (rarely do Beyblades bounce back from the Pocket).

Again, this sample size is terribly small and in some ways not completely representative of the bleeding edge of Beyblade X meta, but it provides at least some insight on the differences one can expect going from one brand's stadium to the next. Whether one prefers one stadium or the other is purely a matter of preference, gameplay favouritism, or other personal bias. If you prefer shorter games with more "action", expect more of that in the Hasbro X Beystadium. If you prefer the potential for more drawn-out games with less upsets, expect more of that from the Takara-Tomy X Stadium.

RE: Hasbro Xtreme Beystadium vs. Takara-Tomy Xtreme Stadium Discussion Thread - Frisk291 - Jun. 05, 2024

A huge quality of life thing that I think would be nice is, if Organizers state which Stadiums will be in use so the participants can know in advance. That would be pretty helpful in my opinion.

RE: Hasbro Xtreme Beystadium vs. Takara-Tomy Xtreme Stadium Discussion Thread - originalzankye - Jun. 05, 2024

(Jun. 05, 2024  12:35 AM)Dan Wrote: OP

Excellent post! I need to get in some personal testings and try out the future events you guys will be hosting but from current thoughts, as an alternative the stadium is GOOD, there is a slight bias I feel towards attack but each stadium has pros and cons, I love the KOs on Hasbro wayyyyy more since they stay defeated.

Overall for especially years and years of getting a poor stadium to see it adapted this well is a massive W for this generation.

RE: Hasbro Xtreme Beystadium vs. Takara-Tomy Xtreme Stadium Discussion Thread - Dan - Jun. 10, 2024

I've added a couple of more tests to the OP, this time featuring a matchup that is likely more often seen in the current meta. You can also read them below:

Shark Edge 3-60F vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Beystadium (Hasbro)
Shark Edge wins: 7 wins, 14 Points (4 BF, 3 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 13 wins, 20 Points (7 KO, 6 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Hasbro X Stadium (XF, KO): 10/20

Shark Edge 3-60F vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Stadium (Takara-Tomy)
Shark Edge wins: 4 wins, 8 Points (1 BF, 3 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 6 wins, 6 Points (6 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Takara X Stadium (XF, KO): 3/10

As seen in previous tests, there were still marginally more KOs in the Hasbro stadium but this did not result in complete attack domination. Instead what we saw was a Wizard Rod WR of 65% in Hasbro and 60% in Takara-Tomy, so not far off. There were still more KOs than OS', though. More tests were done in the Hasbro X Stadium for a bit more 'sensitivity' in results, given its very active game style. Surprisingly, we saw no XF this time.

Some notes:
  1. Wizard Rod on left side, tilt launch toward right side Xtreme Line apex to disrupt Shark Edge.
  2. Shark Edge on right side, using a variety of launches: flat, tilt towards left side apex, tilted upward for Burst chance increase.
In a way it seems that in the Hasbro stadium you can get your Stamina or Defense types to fight back a little bit and score their own knock-outs by capitalizing on the attacker's recoil in a way you cannot in the Takara-Tomy stadium. In the Takara-Tomy stadium you can try to launch in a way that reduces your likelihood of getting fatally hit, or hit at all for most of the match.

Here are a few more matches. I think this kind of thing highlights how Hasbro "re-balances" some issues found in Takara-Tomy environment. At least in the current meta, where many feel that Wizard Rod is a bit too reliable across the board. 

Dran Dagger 5-60F vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Stadium (Takara-Tomy)
Dran Dagger wins: 3 wins, 6 Points (2 BF, 1 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 7 wins, 7 Points (1 KO, 5 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Takara X Stadium (XF, KO): 2/10

Dran Dagger 5-60F vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Beystadium (Hasbro)
Dran Dagger wins: 5 wins, 11 Points (1 XF, 3 BF, 2 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 5 wins, 7 Points (2 KO, 2 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Hasbro X Stadium (XF, KO): 4/20

We can see that in the Takara-Tomy stadium Dran Dagger was sitting around the 30% WR and couldn't make up the difference in points. In the Hasbro stadium things are much closer, with Dran Dagger going even and pulling ahead in points. While Wizard Rod is certainly still strong, it doesn't have "free" attack matchups in the Hasbro stadium like it does in Takara-Tomy's (AKA anything not named Dran Buster or Shark Edge).

RE: Hasbro Xtreme Beystadium vs. Takara-Tomy Xtreme Stadium Discussion Thread - fabelavalon - Jun. 14, 2024

Here are the written results from our video:

HellScythe 9-60 Ball vs SharkEdge 5-60 Rush
TT Stadium Totals - 7 Spin Finishes, 0 Bursts, 6 KOs, 7 Xs, For a total of 41 points.
3 0 2 2 fabel HS
0 0 1 2 maave SE

3 0 1 2 maave HS
1 0 2 1 fabel SE
HS Wins 13 (6SF, 3KO, 4X) earning 24 points
SE wins 7 (1SF, 3KO, 3X) earning 17 points

HellScythe 9-60 Ball vs SharkEdge 5-60 Rush
Hasbro Stadium Totals - 10 Spin Finishes, 1 Burst, 9 KOs, 0Xs, For a total of 30 points.
5 0 2 0 fHS
0 0 3 0 mSE

4 0 1 0 mHS
1 1 3 0 fSE
HS Wins 12 (9SF, 3KO) earning 15 points.
SE wins 8 (1SF, 1 Burst, 6 KOs) earning 15 points.

HellScythe 9-60 Ball vs TyrannoBeat 3-70 Point
Hasbro Stadium Totals - 9 Spin Finishes, 2 Bursts, 7 KOs, 2 Xs, For a total of 33 points.
5 0 1 1 fHS
0 1 2 0 mTB

3 1 0 1 mHS
1 0 4 0 fTB
HS Wins 12 (8SF, 1 Burst, 1 KO, 2Xs) earning 18 points.
TB Wins 8 (1SF, 1 Burst, 6 KOs) earning 15 points.

HellScythe 9-60 Ball vs TyrannoBeat 3-70 Point
TT Stadium Totals - 8 Spin Finishes, 1 Burst, 8 KOs, 3 Xs, For a total of 35 points.
2 0 2 2 fHS
1 0 3 0 mTB

4 1 0 0 mHS
1 0 3 1 fTB
HS Wins 11 (6SF, 1Burst, 2KOs, 2Xs) earning 18 points.
TB Wins 9 (2SF, 3KOs, 1X) earning 17 points.

WizardRod 3-60 Ball vs WizardRod 3-60 Orb
TT Stadium Totals - 16 Spin Finishes, 0 Bursts, 2 KOs, 2 Xs, For a total of 26 points.
8 0 0 0 fBall
1 0 1 0 mOrb

6 0 1 1 mBall
1 0 0 1 fOrb
Ball Wins 16 (14SF, 1KO, 1X) earning 19 points.
Orb Wins 4 (2SF, 1KO, 1X) earning 7 points.

WizardRod 3-60 Ball vs WizardRod 3-60 Orb
Hasbro Stadium Totals - 12 Spin Finishes, 6 Bursts, 0 KOs, 2 Xs, For a total of 30 points.
4 1 0 0 fBall
3 2 0 0 mOrb

4 2 0 2 mBall
1 1 0 0 fOrb
Ball Wins 13 (8SF, 3Bursts, 2Xs) earning 20 Points.
Orb Wins 7 (4SF, 3Bursts) earning 10 points

Most of our thoughts can be heard in the final section of the video (there's timestamps don't worry) but overall I feel the Hasbro stadium lends itself to RNG a bit more than the TT stadium. While the stadium is definitely fun and still viable to hold tournaments in. I do honestly feel the TT stadium offers the more competitive experience overall. A couple factor attribute to this. Launch area size is one of the major issues, you barely have room to do any launch maneuvers, especially if launcher accessories are involved on either side. The other major thing is the increased amount of contact. While this absolutely lends itself to fast matches, as shown by the SIX BURSTS in a stamina mirror,those bursts were mostly our of our control. Caused by the increased depth of the bowl in the Hasbro stadium.

Again I think the stadium is 100% viable and fun to use! Overall very happy with this release despite the complaints.

RE: Hasbro Xtreme Beystadium vs. Takara-Tomy Xtreme Stadium Discussion Thread - Dan - Sep. 26, 2024

An update to this thread. I found it very interesting to continue the comparisons. Below is just a small addition, Whale Wave Blade vs. Wizard Rod Blade. Attack vs. Stamina.

Whale Wave 5-60LF vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Beystadium (Hasbro)
Whale Wave wins: 5 wins, 11 Points (1 XF, 1 BF, 3 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 5 wins, 5 Points (5 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Hasbro X Stadium (XF, KO): 4/10

These tests showed very similar results to Dran Dagger and friends. This, to me, suggests that the overall floor for required Smash Attack is lower (obviously) but so is the ceiling. You may not necessarily get KOs because you can hit harder. This is a very small sample size, though.

With the TT stadium and how feast/famine I understand Whale Wave style Blades to be (like a Shark or a Buster), I did more matches for a more sensitive test:

Whale Wave 5-60LF vs. Wizard Rod 9-60B in Xtreme Stadium (Takara-Tomy)
Whale Wave wins: 10 wins, 20 Points (2 XF, 1 BF, 7 KO)
Wizard Rod wins: 10 wins, 13 Points (1 XF, 1 KO, 8 OS)
Total Knock-Outs in Takara X Stadium (XF, KO): 8/20

The results here were surprisingly similar to Hasbro's. This would make sense if we assume that in the TT stadium the floor and ceiling are both higher when it comes to minimum Smash Attack for a viable Attack type.

My preliminary conclusion is that the upshot of this is that Hasbro's floor/ceiling mix make for a lower barrier to entry for any regular Attack type, but you are less likely to experience extreme highs from "excellent" Attackers. They all kind of meet a certain criteria and that is it. You won't find massive disparity. An OK Attacker and an amazing Attacker will get the job done similarly well. The floor is lower, but the ceiling stays roughly the same regardless.

Of course in TT's case we know this isn't the case. The floor is a lot higher and the ceiling is too. In this instance Floor and Ceiling are positively correlated. What this means is what we already informally know: OK or "decent" Attackers won't get the job one as often as "excellent" Attackers. To the point you probably shouldn't pick them if you want to optimize your play.

Hasbro does seem like the great equalizer for Attack types right now. You can play with more Blades and succeed with more Blades. That sounds like a good thing.