World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: Dranzer V2 Upgrade (/Thread-Dranzer-V2-Upgrade)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Kuznetsov - Oct. 14, 2007

I gave my Dranzer V2 the HMC and a Wide defense ...

However, I am not sure whether this means it is now too heavy to use its endurance and clutch ability well enough AND has too much of a wide weight disk to use it's upper attack ability.

Is it a case of:

Using just the HMC for heavier upper attack, possibly using a lower base.
Using just the Wide Defence for better endurance possibly using a sharper tip (probably even a rounder attack ring, but then that just disregards the whole point of using it for endurance anyway...)

What I want to know is, what would be a better general upgrade, to enhance its endurance and clutch ability and its upper attack ability, if there is one beyond just using it uncustomized.

(I doubt all of these features could be enhanced simultaneously though, it's probably better to go either for U.Att or endurance)

Then again I think there are probably better choices for upper attack
And also better choices for endurance...

SO, saying that and if that logic is true (better U.Att and endurance) let's just say I want to enhance its clutch ability, since that's the unique part about it without other parts being better.

I don't have time to test various changes to it right now, so suggestions would be appreciated.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Bey Brad - Oct. 14, 2007

Dranzer V2 is an interesting Beyblade in the way that it seems to work very well the instant that you get it. We don't have much of a use for Cross Dranzer anywhere else; however, on this Beyblade it seems to work quite well.

I would definitely change the SG to HMC, though; there are almost no downsides to doing this.

You need to remember that if you want simply an endurance Beyblade, this is not a good choice of BB: Dranzer V2 is great as a balancer, and you should work on balancing these two abilities.

If you want the endurance mode to last longer, HMC + 10-heavy will do it. Customize Clutch Base retracts its sharp tip once its spin velocity drops past an unspecified threshhold, and the combination of those two parts will keep its spin velocity up. Also, this increased spin velocity will assist its upper attack.

I can't think of a good reason to use Wide Defense for this.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - SexyMichael - Oct. 14, 2007

Tamer Brad Wrote:I can't think of a good reason to use Wide Defense for this.

From what I remember, a lot of people liked wide defense on uncustomized DZV2.

SexyMichael Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:I can't think of a good reason to use Wide Defense for this.

From what I remember, a lot of people liked wide defense on uncustomized DZV2.

To be honest, I never tried it. I can't see it doing much good for it, though. Try it and report back, Kuznetsov.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Fleetscut - Oct. 14, 2007

the wide defense would add to its balance but take away from its spin velocity which is the reason your adding the HMC. if you wanted to concentrate on upper then the 10 heavy would be best. the wide defense may be better for improving endurance

I think, actually, that this may be one of the few cases where increasing the spin velocity will have a great impact on survival, because it will leave the survival tip out longer.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - G - Oct. 14, 2007

Adding a HMC helped a lot with spin rate. It also stayed centered more after mode switch and had better balance since the WD was also compact.

With a Wide Defense, it deflected the opposing Bey more for some reason. WD contact? In attack, it had a wider range, but it wasn't as stable and lost balance easily.

id say the wider WD would be better for balance then a compact one. with the weight focused in the center it makes the blade unstable

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - G - Oct. 14, 2007

Fleetscut Wrote:id say the wider WD would be better for balance then a compact one. with the weight focused in the center it makes the blade unstable

Isn't it the opposite? With a wider WD, the weight is on the rim of the WD so there's no stability for balance. With weight distributed in the center, they're able to balance better. That's why compact combos have better spin velocity and balance.

they have higher spin velocity because the weight is at the center yes but with the weight in the center when it spins faster its easier for it to topple over. with the weight further out when its spinning it makes it harder for it to topple...i cant find the right words to explain it

It's important to keep in mind that Customize Clutch Base has pretty decent balance on its own, particularly combined with Cross Survivor.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Gruffy McGibber - Oct. 15, 2007

HMC on a Hasbro Dranzer V2 wouldn't that help out its survival? (I mean the one without the clutch in it.)

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Bey Brad - Oct. 15, 2007

ThePhoenixKing Wrote:HMC on a Hasbro Dranzer V2 wouldn't that help out its survival? (I mean the one without the clutch in it.)

Oh God, that's right, Hasbro screwed the clutch up.

I'm glad I have a bunch of Takara ones.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - SexyMichael - Oct. 15, 2007

Tamer Brad Wrote:
ThePhoenixKing Wrote:HMC on a Hasbro Dranzer V2 wouldn't that help out its survival? (I mean the one without the clutch in it.)

It was only on the first releases of DZV2. The clutch in mine works perfectly.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Bey Brad - Oct. 15, 2007

SexyMichael Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

It's good that they corrected it. They should've posted a bulletin about it on their site.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Kuznetsov - Oct. 15, 2007

It seems to work better with both...

I think it has just too much vulnerability with 10 Heavy, even 10 Balance at times unless you use a different AR and SP.

Though, I was using it against quite a heavy blade.

I'll test it out against different scenarios when I get the time.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Gruffy McGibber - Oct. 16, 2007

Tamer Brad Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

It's good that they corrected it. They should've posted a bulletin about it on their site.

Wouldn't that still help it though since the tip stays out the whole time?

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Bey Brad - Oct. 16, 2007

Kuznetsov Wrote:It seems to work better with both...

I think it has just too much vulnerability with 10 Heavy, even 10 Balance at times unless you use a different AR and SP.

Though, I was using it against quite a heavy blade.

I'll test it out against different scenarios when I get the time.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes. Smile

ThePhoenixKing Wrote:Wouldn't that still help it though since the tip stays out the whole time?

Except that's not its function. For pure survival, there's way better BBs.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Blue - Oct. 16, 2007

moment of inertia
i disagree, in that while a 10h would probably prolong it survival, it has the least kinetic energy.
a wide wd would mantain higher kinetic energy, therefore upper attack would be more effective due to more energy in the collision

I don't understand physics at all. Unhappy Wish I had my Beyblades so I could just do tests without making a fool of myself.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Blue - Oct. 16, 2007

LOL

FYI, Kuznetsov, since you seem so inclined to use Dranzer in your title:

ドランザーV2

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Gruffy McGibber - Oct. 16, 2007

I guess you're right.

I need to get a Takara Dranzer V2.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Kuznetsov - Oct. 16, 2007

Tamer Brad Wrote:FYI, Kuznetsov, since you seem so inclined to use Dranzer in your title:

ドランザーV2
It was more impulse than inclination. I thought it looked better without the anti-aliased Katakana, but it was probably spelled wrong anyway, so, thank you.

RE: Dranzer V2 Upgrade - Bey Brad - Oct. 20, 2007

So, how did it go?