World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts (/Thread-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jan. 17, 2008

Roan Wrote:The MacBook Air is carp ridiculous.

Serious

This.

The MBA strikes me as a novelty item more than anything else. It's lighter, and it's thinner, but I don't think those are the issues people want addressed in an ultra-portable. It is the width of the machine that is the most important. Honestly, I think what people wanted was a thinner, upgraded 12" PB, and I think that would have been a better move as well. I can't see any realistic advantage to this machine over the MacBook unless you have some sort of disorder that makes your muscles unimaginably weak or you often have to carry your laptop in a manilla envelope.

RE: Random Thoughts - Tototototototo - Jan. 17, 2008

Tamer Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:The MacBook Air is carp ridiculous.

Serious

This.

The MBA strikes me as a novelty item more than anything else. It's lighter, and it's thinner, but I don't think those are the issues people want addressed in an ultra-portable. It is the width of the machine that is the most important. Honestly, I think what people wanted was a thinner, upgraded 12" PB, and I think that would have been a better move as well. I can't see any realistic advantage to this machine over the MacBook unless you have some sort of disorder that makes your muscles unimaginably weak or you often have to carry your laptop in a manilla envelope.

what i think you meant to say was "more like FAGBOOK GAY-ir"

RE: Random Thoughts - Sega - Jan. 17, 2008

The Macbook air is a hunk of carp, seriously you can get a way better laptop for less the price which can do way more than any Mac could, Apples turning into a Label where your not just paying for the Product but also the name, Its like buying a T-Shirt for like $30 and buying a Nike one for $60 that looks just as good.

RE: Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Jan. 17, 2008

wow how dumb is that.

RE: Random Thoughts - McMongol - Jan. 17, 2008

Teikger Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and I still don't know what the carp I'm doing with it.

gkpsdjgkdsfkgklf

Also, I really, really love Circa Survive. Just so you know.

Welcome.
You have join the Anthony Greeness.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii've been dying to reach you!

RE: Random Thoughts - Roan - Jan. 17, 2008

Sega Wrote:The Macbook air is a hunk of carp, seriously you can get a way better laptop for less the price which can do way more than any Mac could, Apples turning into a Label where your not just paying for the Product but also the name, Its like buying a T-Shirt for like $30 and buying a Nike one for $60 that looks just as good.

OMG I LOVE YOU

Finally someone sees things the way I do. I truly think that Apple products are more of a fashion accessory than usable products. It's like you're paying hundreds of dollars extra for the logo slapped on the thing, not what is inside of it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want to carry scissors with me so that I can snip EVERY carp PAIR of white headphones I see when I'm walking. AUUUUUGH.

Sega Wrote:The Macbook air is a hunk of carp, seriously you can get a way better laptop for less the price which can do way more than any Mac could, Apples turning into a Label where your not just paying for the Product but also the name, Its like buying a T-Shirt for like $30 and buying a Nike one for $60 that looks just as good.

Sorry, that's not true at all. Nike t-shirts have never looked good.

also carp you guys, macs are both fashionable and functional

Well you see where im coming from, but Macs are just plain ghey and will never take over the Computer Market no matter how many " Im a Mac and Im a PC " ad's they chuck at you.

Sega Wrote:Well you see where im coming from, but Macs are just plain ghey and will never take over the Computer Market no matter how many " Im a Mac and Im a PC " ad's they chuck at you.

"Macs are just plain ghey."

Thank you for your well thought-out argument. Don't let the door hit your carp on the way out.

Someone got offended Smile

Sega Wrote:Someone got offended Smile

I own a MacBook, I love the machine, but I don't really like Apple much as a company and Apple fans are the most naive, self-absorbed in-denial bastards I've ever seen. However, if you want to make an actual argument against makes, you're going to have to do more than say, "they're just plain ghey" because anyone with an ounce of sense can attest to both the merits and shortcomings of their machines.

RE: Random Thoughts - Roan - Jan. 17, 2008

Tamer Brad Wrote:
Sega Wrote:Someone got offended Smile

I own a MacBook, I love the machine, but I don't really like Apple much as a company and Apple fans are the most naive, self-absorbed in-denial bastards I've ever seen. However, if you want to make an actual argument against makes, you're going to have to do more than say, "they're just plain ghey" because anyone with an ounce of sense can attest to both the merits and shortcomings of their machines.

Ownage in it's purest form. lol

RE: Random Thoughts - Blue - Jan. 17, 2008

well Brad the fact is he did make an actual argument. in his first post.
anyway I think you can conceed the premium they charge is over the top.
like the computer I bought on boxing day. To have simliar specs(less though) I would have spent....
$2699 or so said one of the Imacs I was checking out. with tax would be 3x what I paid
also another example: the Ipod earbuds are a $40. but they are carp. better off with some sony or bottom end sennheisers or koss(seriously). ipods are a really good product but way more than I'm willing to pay.
Oh and the Iphone is truely just...overrated as hell. its too slick. Give me a Blackberry anyfucking day. How about just making a perfect phone that has super signal reception and excellent call clarity?

I never said Apple doesn't overcharge, however the level of which is dependent on the product. I don't feel their laptops are grossly overpriced.

RE: Random Thoughts - Blue - Jan. 17, 2008

dude you responded carp fastas hell. wtf you hawk

RE: Random Thoughts - PRINCEcharming - Jan. 17, 2008

Honestly, Apple's laptops are very competetively priced.
I've looked into it myself, compared a bunch of prices, and while you can save a little bit of cash buying an IBM compatible machine, it's generally a bad idea unless you want to play games, on a laptop.

Right now the only operating systems worth using on laptops are linux, freeBSD and OSX. You can't find drivers for XP, which makes it run poorly on a lot of current laptop hardware, and Vista just wasn't made to run well on anything in the sub-$2500 range, unless you tweak the ever-loving doo-doo out of it.

Probably the only laptop I would bother with right now would be a mac-book. Otherwise I might get a Lenovo Thinkpad with no O/S and isntall Ubuntu or Damn Small Linux, or possibly buy from another particular company. I forget their name, but they ship laptops with no O/S installed, and you can customise the groovy funk out of them.

I think people often overlook the processors in the MacBooks. They outclass all of the "cheaper" notebooks that people compare it to by a ridiculous margin. Apple may skimp on the GPU and HDD space sometimes, but damn if their processors aren't always top of the line. Plus, the build on the MacBook is great; even the bottom of the thing is perfectly smooth. While I'd hesitate to recommend an iMac or something to anyone but a true Mac fan, it's easy to recommend the MacBook to anyone.

RE: Random Thoughts - Tototototototo - Jan. 17, 2008

http://www.truthandbeautybombs.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4997&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.lasagnacat.com/

What the hell, Garfield. Why are you only good when Jim Davis doesn't write it?

RE: Random Thoughts - Katashi - Jan. 18, 2008

Mr. Toto Wrote:http://www.truthandbeautybombs.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4997&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.lasagnacat.com/

What the hell, Garfield. Why are you only good when Jim Davis doesn't write it?

xD this is funny.

RE: Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jan. 18, 2008

garfield is way funnier without the thought bubbles, wow

RE: Random Thoughts - sam's temp - Jan. 18, 2008

diabeetus

RE: Random Thoughts - SK - Jan. 18, 2008

i have so much carp homework for next week and all i want to do is play ps3 Unhappy

RE: Random Thoughts - G - Jan. 18, 2008

Wow I got $9,600 scholarship to a University here, but it's not my number 1 pick... Sounds tempting, but I'll see if I get in the other one or not.

RE: Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Jan. 18, 2008

G Wrote:Wow I got $9,600 scholarship to a University here, but it's not my number 1 pick... Sounds tempting, but I'll see if I get in the other one or not.

Which one?

More likely than not, I'll end up at the University of Minnesota, as I have family there.

RE: Random Thoughts - G - Jan. 19, 2008

Artie Wrote:
G Wrote:Wow I got $9,600 scholarship to a University here, but it's not my number 1 pick... Sounds tempting, but I'll see if I get in the other one or not.

Which one?

More likely than not, I'll end up at the University of Minnesota, as I have family there.

It was for the University of St. Thomas, but the U of M is my number 1 choice Smile