World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts (/Thread-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 09, 2008

Wow the Kennel called today saying they've rushed my dog to the vet. Who we then called, and told us he probably won't make it because of his old age Crying I understand some of you may think this is a grab for sympathy, but I wish it was. I had that dog my whole life, as well as most of my brother's. I can't really think of being at home without him Crying . Now we're planning to go home earlier because of this. Crying

RE: Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jul. 09, 2008

Takao Daimao Wrote:Wow the Kennel called today saying they've rushed my dog to the vet. Who we then called, and told us he probably won't make it because of his old age Crying I understand some of you may think this is a grab for sympathy, but I wish it was. I had that dog my whole life, as well as most of my brother's. I can't really think of being at home without him Crying . Now we're planning to go home earlier because of this. Crying

No, I think a lot of us here understand. I'm sure Annie will relate, she lost a beloved dog recently. I loved her too. I also lost my own dog when I was younger ... so, I'm really sorry to hear it.

RE: Random Thoughts - May The Pirate - Jul. 09, 2008

Takao Daimao Wrote:Wow the Kennel called today saying they've rushed my dog to the vet. Who we then called, and told us he probably won't make it because of his old age Crying I understand some of you may think this is a grab for sympathy, but I wish it was. I had that dog my whole life, as well as most of my brother's. I can't really think of being at home without him Crying . Now we're planning to go home earlier because of this. Crying

Sorry to hear that Unhappy I had the same thing with my last two cats. It's a hard thing to go through.

RE: Random Thoughts - G - Jul. 09, 2008

flashfox Wrote:
G Wrote:GSD is totally the remake of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. I finished GSD first and went to Zeta and was like wtf.

For me though, Stargazer really bored me. I watched the first episode and didn't want to see the rest. The suits are pretty bad carp though.

DUDE NO the first episode was the worst he gets 10000 times better i swear oh my god.

Also..uh...not really. If GSD = Zeta, then Kira would have gottne 500% less screen time.
I'll check it out after I finish Zeta.

But Kamille and him are both the main characters so it'd make sense to have more on air time. I didn't think Kira didn't get as much time on screen since they added Shinn. But GSD=Zeta still. You have:
-Destroy Gundam=Psycho Gundam
-Stellar/Luna=Four/Fa(maybe)
-The captain who sinks in boat=The captain who blows up in ship
-Akatsuki=Hyaku Shiki
-Logos/Phantom Pain=Earth/Titans
-Murasume=Zeta
-Mwu=Char

There's probably more.

RE: Random Thoughts - Kei - Jul. 09, 2008

flashfox Wrote:Kei:
A: Writers decided that since Kira and Lacus were based on the director and the lead scriptwriter who happened to be the director's wife, they should always be the main character
B: Model sales of Kira's suits were better than Shinn
C: Fanbase didn't take too well to Shinn, liked Kira better
D: Series was only prescripted up to around episode 20ish, which allowed them to screw over Shinn & co.
F: GSD defies all logic.
All of that stuff is true, but this is how I perceived Kira, not considering those outside factors:

Kira represents the fundamental rights we as humans, and living beings deserve and require. He, together with Athrun and Lacus are the basis for the entire Seed story, and they continued to drive it along into GSD because they are irreplaceable. There is a reason why their Gundams are called "Freedom" and "Justice".

Also, Rau Le Creuset (or his lingering ideals) was present not only in GS, but GSD as well inside of Durandal (though Gilbert may have been trying to prove Rau's beliefs wrong all along by supposedly saving humanity) because he too was an irreplaceable factor. Both Gundam SEED and Destiny are based around the concept of war and the conflicting views of human nature.

To be honest, I think that as a whole GSD was unnecessary, but what made it worth it to me was the introduction of Durandal, Rey, and the Destiny Plan. Anyone who didn't expect for Kira and company to become the focus in GSD eventually, doesn't really have a grasp on what the story as a whole is really about.

EDIT: I really need to watch Stargazer sometime, what is it about?

RE: Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 09, 2008

Gekiryu Wrote:

Sorry to hear that Unhappy I had the same thing with my last two cats. It's a hard thing to go through.

My pets always have their problems in the summer. Which bums me out because I'm born of the first day of it. A few years ago it was my cat who died right after school ended, and now it looks to be my poor Rocky Unhappy

Thanks Gekiryu, and Brad.

Oh yeah, stop trying to find the mentalities of Gundam SEED, because you'll be curious for GSD and you'll never, ever understand what the hey happened there.

gundam seed was dumb there i said it

RE: Random Thoughts - May The Pirate - Jul. 09, 2008

^^ Holy carp we agree on something

The Strike Gundam was sexy as hell though.

RE: Random Thoughts - Sam - Jul. 09, 2008

i watched an episode of gundam wing

it was cool

RE: Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jul. 09, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:

No, I think a lot of us here understand. I'm sure Annie will relate, she lost a beloved dog recently. I loved her too. I also lost my own dog when I was younger ... so, I'm really sorry to hear it.

Sorry to hear that. When you grow up with pets like that and for that long, they seem to be come the family too. Unhappy

---

That Strike IWSP model is sexy too argh.

--

K I need halp. Trying to work on the abs and get a 6-pack, and am kinda getting there. But, I need more exercises/routines/whatever to variate the whole cycle. Suggestions, etc will definitely be helpful.

Upper body strength I can figure out on my own, but the good ab workouts and exercises have me clueless.

bugbugbug

How skinny are you? You looked pretty skinny from the pictures I've seen of you. Most skinny dudes usually gain it naturally.

But for me, I got my 6 pack in like... a summer. All I did were push ups and sit ups with the occasional chin ups. Running helps a lot too.

G Wrote:How skinny are you? You looked pretty skinny from the pictures I've seen of you. Most skinny dudes usually gain it naturally.

But for me, I got my 6 pack in like... a summer. All I did were push ups and sit ups with the occasional chin ups. Running helps a lot too.

pretty skinny, but the arms are bulking up since my last picture (heaps of pushups and boxing on the punching bag). i pretty much alternate every day, dedicating one day of doing pushups and boxing, then the next day to things like the bicycle exercise with situps, then go back to pushups, etc.

How many sit ups do you do normally?

G Wrote:How many sit ups do you do normally?

50 or so at least in a minute according to the tests that ROTC makes us do every month or so during the school year.

However, I just don't count when doing them at home. I just keep going until it is far too hard to do one more (for some reason, if i count i will stop at 50 or something). Then rest, then continue. This is not bad, is it?

GO AWAY CRAZY INTERNET PEOPLE

I dunno, I just did 100 sit ups a day last year, and on the minute test I got 63. I went up to 200 eventually, but then I got lazy and I'm now on an actual workout routine.

oh my god is it hot today augh

RE: Random Thoughts - SexyMichael - Jul. 09, 2008

I used to do 600 sit ups a day and it didn't do much. Form is really important.

I'm pretty sure the most beneficial way it to not anchor your feel at all.

exercise is for chumps

dear sir, i understand that you have posted a picture of my daughter (gekiryu) on your forum without mine or her permission,i also understand that her boyfriend has asked on her behalf for you to remove said post,i now wish to inform you that i have contacted your board provider to report this and also to advise you that you either take this picture down or i will be forced to take legal action as you have posted a picture of a minor! you can reply to me asap with your decision but it would just be a lot easier to take this picture down,i eagerly anticipate your excuse for your actions and how you plan to resolve this,unless of course you would like to be hit with a lawsuit for using pictures of minors without parents permission.

===

Dear sir,

Unfortunately even though the image was reposted on my board, it was originally posted by her voluntarily and I have no way to remove it from the board. I have already spoken with my hosting provider and have been assured that no laws are being broken as your daughter had chosen to post the image to the Beywiki message board first. Any reposting of content within the board is considered fair use of content and unfortunately you have no legal ground to stand on.

If it is really an issue for you to have your daughter posting pictures of herself on internet message boards a day after joining, only to have them reposted in a different topic, I would suggest that you do your job as a parent to a minor and monitor your child's activity on the internet more carefully.

Sincerely,

Bey Brad
Beywiki Administrator

not if you used to be fat Unhappy

But damn? 600 sit ups? I think that'd strain your body more than it'd help.

Would a dad really use 'asap' if he was being serious?

"my daughter (gekiryu)"

lol