World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Your Biggest Phobia - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Your Biggest Phobia (/Thread-Your-Biggest-Phobia)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - CrownClown - Mar. 06, 2012

I am terrified of bees, wasps, horse flies, and anything that stings. If I am at a public pool I will scream out if I see one.

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Hale Tenebrae - Mar. 06, 2012

Well... The only thing I am afraid of is descending into dark caves.

Ehh.... Nothing else that I know of....

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - DefStamina88 - Mar. 09, 2012

I am afraid of balloons. I always get so startled and scared when they pop, especially if they are really huge.

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Janstarblast - Mar. 09, 2012

(Mar. 06, 2012  1:07 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Hm, upon further research and looking at past experiences, I can confirm that I have what is known as 'fear of rejection'. It doesn't have a specific name, but even though it is called fear it can definitely be classified as a phobia due to how irrationally it manifests for me.

I am honestly afraid of doing so many things because I am afraid somebody will answer 'no', or reject what I am saying. That's why I like to work alone, and this is the cause of my slight kakorrhaphiophobia, which just means fear of failure. I am afraid to tell my parents about something that I did, or ask them favors, give ideas, or voice my own opinions in general simply because I am afraid that I will be rejected. Hell, I'm freaking afraid to ask my parents if I can play the Wii sometimes because I'm afraid they'll say no.

I've tried on multiple occasions to overcome it, but I can only do so for the most menial of tasks. Anything beyond that, I clam up. I hate it, but it is unfortunately very true.

So, my list:
Apiphobia (Fear of bees)
Fear of rejection (#1 biggest problem)
-Slight kakorrhaphiophobia (fear of failure) caused by fear of rejection

EDIT: Adding on to this, I'm not too shy and a very good public speaker/debater, so IDK...

Ah, that's so similar to my condition, actually...
Fear of Failure....
I never participate in competitions, debates, etc. unless it is mandatory, because I am afraid of failure, even if I fail just slightly.
For things involved in my daily life, such as talking to a 'cool' guy, talking to a girl, doing an extremely tough job, etc. I tend to procrastinate a lot. I am afraid of failing, being ignored/rejected...
So, my phobia is similar to yours in a way...

Then again, I am too shy, and by no means a good public speaker... Sooo....

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Dragoon. - Mar. 09, 2012

There is only one problem with me im just to SHY , but im a very good public speaker though.

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Justaway - Mar. 09, 2012

Jsb and Ga, Those are actually common 'phobias'. Almost everyone is scared of rejection and also of failure (Or should I say most Indians are XD). But I would classify it under human nature instead of 'phobia'. This is because almost all humans want success. You'll hardly find someone who wants to be a complete fail in life. And naturally, to get success one avoids failure. Of course, if you want to avoid something, you are scared of it so you try your best to stay away from it. And, humans always develop fear of things which they dont face in day-to-day activities. You wont see skydivers with fear of height or swimmers with hydrophobia... So it is natural for everyone to be scared of those two things unless you are a highly pessimistic or optimistic person(I am a super pessimist and over the years I have overcome my fear of it.. Same goes for optimists). Now, if you are an optimist you will generally not be afraid of public speaking(so far, all the students in my school who are good speakers are also optimists) but if you have even the slightest amount of pessimism in you, you would not be a good public speaker because then you would have fear of others speaking badly about you or of you being proved terribly wrong.
That is what I have learnt so far after observing countless students and classmates and it generally applies to most people.

Defstamina I am still scared of popping out balloons Tongue_out_wink

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - nationsbeyblade - Mar. 09, 2012

im scared of the dark,heights and ghosts

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Janstarblast - Mar. 09, 2012

Nobody- Whatever you said has a lot of truth in it. Smile
Seemingly, my condition is aggravated due to my shyness...
Moreover, even though this may be classified as human nature, theres something which keeps me from unbecoming this fear... actually, more than being scared of being ignored, I am scared of hurting the person I talk too. Yes, I do not deny the fact that I also suffer from the former, but the latter seemingly affects me more... Smile
But yes, that too is pessimism, yes. Smile

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Pony - Mar. 09, 2012

I feel like the only one afraid of locusts. They just make my skin crawl........ugh, even thinking about them messes me up.

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Clonetos - Mar. 10, 2012

computer viruses they give me nightmares...its true

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Hale Tenebrae - Mar. 11, 2012

(Mar. 09, 2012  3:46 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2012  1:07 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Hm, upon further research and looking at past experiences, I can confirm that I have what is known as 'fear of rejection'. It doesn't have a specific name, but even though it is called fear it can definitely be classified as a phobia due to how irrationally it manifests for me.

I am honestly afraid of doing so many things because I am afraid somebody will answer 'no', or reject what I am saying. That's why I like to work alone, and this is the cause of my slight kakorrhaphiophobia, which just means fear of failure. I am afraid to tell my parents about something that I did, or ask them favors, give ideas, or voice my own opinions in general simply because I am afraid that I will be rejected. Hell, I'm freaking afraid to ask my parents if I can play the Wii sometimes because I'm afraid they'll say no.

I've tried on multiple occasions to overcome it, but I can only do so for the most menial of tasks. Anything beyond that, I clam up. I hate it, but it is unfortunately very true.

So, my list:
Apiphobia (Fear of bees)
Fear of rejection (#1 biggest problem)
-Slight kakorrhaphiophobia (fear of failure) caused by fear of rejection

EDIT: Adding on to this, I'm not too shy and a very good public speaker/debater, so IDK...

Ah, that's so similar to my condition, actually...
Fear of Failure....
I never participate in competitions, debates, etc. unless it is mandatory, because I am afraid of failure, even if I fail just slightly.
For things involved in my daily life, such as talking to a 'cool' guy, talking to a girl, doing an extremely tough job, etc. I tend to procrastinate a lot. I am afraid of failing, being ignored/rejected...
So, my phobia is similar to yours in a way...

Then again, I am too shy, and by no means a good public speaker... Sooo....

Also very similar to something I might have...
It seems that I have Chronic Depression, in my case it is the lack of confidence.
Then again, I am no professional, which means that I am merely speaking off internet knowledge.

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Cannon - Mar. 11, 2012

My fears are:
Fear of Heights - Acrophobia
Fear of Spiders - Arachnophobia
Fear of the Dark - Nyctophobia

Those scare the heck out of me, mainly heights. D:

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Dranzer x - Mar. 12, 2012

i have ophidiophobia the fear of snakes
I also have a fear of getting stuck in an elevator I guess Im claustorphobic

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Ga' - Mar. 12, 2012

Well in my case, I am fine with public speaking and am not shy. It's just that I cannot do some actions because I am irrationally afraid of someone saying 'No' to me. Like the example I gave, sometimes I am afraid of asking my parents whether I can play the Wii or not because I am afraid that they will say no.

@N0body Yup, definitely an Indian thing. XD

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - BigMac - Mar. 12, 2012

I have a fear of spiders , arachnophobia . The problem isnt mostly when i see it though , it's when i cant see it.
I also have a fear of heights . These two phobias seem very common here .
Edit : Im also mildly claustrophobic , I get real dizzy when I enter lifts.

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - simpson01 - Mar. 19, 2012

My biggest phobia is Swimming and I get scared in water

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Clonetos - Mar. 19, 2012

(Mar. 19, 2012  8:30 AM)simpson01 Wrote: My biggest phobia is Swimming and I get scared in water

a classic case of hydrophobia, in these cases i say take it a step at the time you'll get the hang of swimming

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Meteor-V - Mar. 19, 2012

My biggest Phobia is
Getting stinged by anything
Heights
Dark

I hate these things

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - AdiQ2007 - Mar. 19, 2012

Spiders and snakes... but don't encounter them very often. I live in Sweden after all, and I don't think they would like the cold winter here atm. However, when I was younger people thought I had ''social phobia'' because I was very quiet and didn't want to be in ''groups'' and together with others.
But to me it has never been comfortable to socialize with people in same age as myself. I don't know why really. Sometimes I feel like a old man because I like to socialize with those that are 30 or older =P

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - NEET no Kami - Mar. 19, 2012

the dark, it freaks me out, since making me think what could lurk in it, this is why it isnt too good to watch a lot of scary movies

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Brittany Mason - Mar. 20, 2012

Spiders,Tornados,and Aleins........yeah that's right ALEINS!

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - *aquariomaster* - Mar. 20, 2012

im both closterphobic and i just straight up afraid of elevators and anything on 4 legs that is taller than me which is almost everything

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - xSora10 - Mar. 20, 2012

I'm rather worried about tornadoes, which speaking of which, is actually what we are on watch for currently.

I'm basically afraid of natural disasters, if they are anywhere close to me. I'm also scared of deadly animals like snakes.

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - Jaygrazer - Mar. 20, 2012

(Mar. 20, 2012  12:34 AM)Ryu-X Wrote: I'm rather worried about tornadoes, which speaking of which, is actually what we are on watch for currently.

I'm basically afraid of natural disasters, if they are anywhere close to me. I'm also scared of deadly animals like snakes.

XD You gettin wind too bro? It was pouring a few minutes ago.... then again, Im not so afraid of a tornado hitting me, theres a nice little lake to stop it... that is, if it doesn't spawn from behind Gasp

Phobia: Anything that crawls. Oh, and wasps... THE ENEMY

[Image: army_guy_aiming_gun_walking_hg_clr.gif]

RE: Your Biggest Phobia - SU_Tempest - Mar. 20, 2012

I don't know if it's a phobia but more a deeper fear... I'm afraid of losing my own identity or being afflicted by something that would basically make me forget who I am - like Alzheimer, this kind of thing. I know, fat chance I'd be affected by that until I'm honestly old, but... When I saw what kind of damage it did to some members of my family..