World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Top five anime (Please Elaborate) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Top five anime (Please Elaborate) (/Thread-Top-five-anime-Please-Elaborate)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Top five anime - AerialSnack - Jul. 13, 2011

My Top Five Are

1. Death Note - The Details in every thing that they did was amazing, very strategic.
2. Code Geass - Storyline was tragic, and yet happy, had similarities to Death Note.
3. Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU - Random and Hilarious.
4. School Rumble - It is hilarious how nothing really works out for anyone.
5. Ouran High Host Club - Weird storyline and pretty funny.

I do not watch subtitles or read manga. Reasons are because I only read novels, and I find it horrible to try and read and follow a visual plot at the same time.

Also...

(Jul. 10, 2011  4:34 PM)Pegasus2002 Wrote: I think that
1) fruits basket
2) beyblade
3) pokemon
4) digimon
5) bakugan

What was wrong with his post? As far as I know, it followed the rules. It wasn't spam, for it held his opinions, and what he felt. He thought those were the best, so he said so.

RE: Top five anime - Ultimate - Jul. 13, 2011

(Jul. 13, 2011  4:07 AM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: Also...

(Jul. 10, 2011  4:34 PM)Pegasus2002 Wrote: I think that
1) fruits basket
2) beyblade
3) pokemon
4) digimon
5) bakugan

What was wrong with his post? As far as I know, it followed the rules. It wasn't spam, for it held his opinions, and what he felt. He thought those were the best, so he said so.

He clearly didn't elaborate on his opinions. Speechless

He thought they were the best, that's true but he hadn't said why they were his best.

And clearly nobody would care if he didn't say why.

(Jul. 13, 2011  4:07 AM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: My Top Five Are

1. Death Note - The Details in every thing that they did was amazing, very strategic.
2. Code Geass - Storyline was tragic, and yet happy, had similarities to Death Note.
3. Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU - Random and Hilarious.
4. School Rumble - It is hilarious how nothing really works out for anyone.
5. Ouran High Host Club - Weird storyline and pretty funny.

You should clearly know he didn't elaborate because you did.

I know this is your Top 5 but still wanted to say what my sixth is.

6. Yu-Gi-Oh - I really liked the first Yu-Gi-Oh anime, and GX was just as good as the first, the story for both was quite interesting and the card battles were made very well because the outcome wasn't too obvious.

RE: Top five anime - AXEL- LONE WOLF - Jul. 13, 2011

(Jul. 08, 2011  10:55 PM)Megablader9 Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2011  10:22 PM)BLADETRAINER98 Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2011  2:03 AM)Dude Wrote: It's not hate, just basic logic. Nobody cares about just what anime you like, we might be interested in knowing why you like them, though. Try to be interesting or funny. Have a personality!

And yes, there are actually various forms of Final Fantasy anime. They're not very good.

-mad look- come to vegas then we'll let our beys do the talking

Just... Stop talking. Please. That was beyond off-topic, and Dude was right. Nobody CARES what you like, we want to know why. Nobody's "hating" on you, and I genuinely feel bad for all who do. Now, please quit with the SPAM.

Once again, ELABORATE. Nobody cares if you don't. Zflare, you kinda elaborated, I'm aiming this more at Smart Beyblader (hah), and BLADETRAINER98, and everyone else who refuses to elaborate.

Srry to all you guys bout wat i said and all i was havin a really bad day or more like week its not like me to say stuff like that but the reason i was mad was 1:my parents said i cnt go to this comp i hav been planin for
and 2: my main bey l-drago's facebolt and spin track completely shatered during a battle
again im extremly srry
-BLADETRAINER98

RE: Top five anime - Temporal - Jul. 14, 2011

(Jul. 13, 2011  4:14 PM)Ultimate Wrote: 6. Yu-Gi-Oh - I really liked the first Yu-Gi-Oh anime, and GX was just as good as the first, the story for both was quite interesting and the card battles were made very well because the outcome wasn't too obvious.

You need to see the 1998 version of YGO. It's so AWESOME! Plus, Hiroto Honda (Tristian Taylor?) is an idiot. It's pretty nice, as I said, as it has a better plot that 5Ds, and is really funny. The first six episodes don't feature the actual game, more on the fact that Yu-Gi-Oh translates to "The King of Games", apparently.

RE: Top five anime - Ronin Fox - Jul. 16, 2011

1. Ninja Scroll (the animated movie, not the series that came afterwards): Action, intrigue, and a swordsman main character with a very bada$$ but very likeable attitude. Also, the guy isn't afraid to headbutt people. How many swordsman characters do you know of who headbutt their opponents? XD

2. Ranma 1/2: A guy turns into a girl whenever he touches cold water, and can only change back into a guy if he touches hot water. The whole series is one huge boobie joke, but it's amazingly well done and filled with quirky characters.

3. Gunslinger Girl: Orphaned and critically injured or disabled children are given a second chance at life-- by being trained as assassins. Very dark, serious themes, yet in the midst of all the bloodshed the children manage to retain their youthful optimism and cheerfulness.

4. Kuroshitsuji (known as Black Butler in the English dub): Lots of action and supernatural themes, and even some well-written comedy. The title character, Sebastian the butler, can take down a whole nest of villains and come home without a scratch so he can prepare his master's dinner. Now that's great service.

5. Witch Hunter Robin: Robin, a good witch with the power of fire control, hunts down witches who use their powers for evil. A well-written, suspenseful plot that'll keep you guessing. Somewhere in the middle of the series, you find out that hardly anyone is really who they claim to be... and someone is royally messing things up behind everyone's backs.

RE: Top five anime - Temporal - Jul. 18, 2011

I was waiting for Ranma to show up. An all-time favorite, but doesn't crack my top 5. I see it as #6.

RE: Top five anime - Triple-X-Turbo - Jul. 21, 2011

I think,the top five animes are
1.Dragon Ball Z
2.Beyblade
3.Pokemon
4.Naruto
5.Digimon

RE: Top five anime - MakaCHOP! - Jul. 21, 2011

Here is mine
1. FullMetal Alchemist (ONE OF THE VOICES IS GOIN TO AN ANIME CONVENTION IN TEXAS WOOT!)
2. Inuyasha
3. Bleach
4. Naruto
5. Beyblade
(Jul. 10, 2011  5:49 PM)TheChosen1 Wrote: here are mine

Kick buttowski
beyblade Metal Fight
Fanboy and Chum Chum
SpongeBob Square Pants
Fish Hooks

by the way only beyblade is ANIME not animation

RE: Top five anime - bugturtles - Jul. 22, 2011

jesus, so much "bleach beyblade fullmetal alchemist naruto" in this topic; so here's my top three to counter balance. Cool

1) Tentai Senshi Sunred / Astro Fighter Sunred
2) Batman: Gotham Knight
3) Samurai Champloo

Honorable Mentions (no order): Air Gear, Rideback

1) Astro Fighter Sunred I already wrote an entire near ESSAY length OP on it, see it here.

2) Batman: Gotham Knight Just finished watching this set of six short film series pertaining to Batman. Each short film or short episode was created by a different studio (well, two episodes of the six were made by the same people). Despite being made by these anime studios, it is dubbed in english; one notable thing is that the voice actor for Bruce Wayne/Batman throughout the entire series is the one who voiced Batman/Bruce in the DCAU.

It is said that it can fit into almost any universe or continuity and is not meant to be canon to the Batman Begins/Dark Knight/Dark Knight Rises universe.

Action everywhere, and it's nice to see Batman portrayed in different art styles (the first episode has him depicted about 4 different ways in 12 minutes) and situations (in around two episodes, he is not seen as the "ultimate non-superpowered" superhero as he bleeds and is mortally wounded several times)

3) Samurai Champloo Set in whenever period samurai were present, it tells the tale of three different characters with their own motives, who somehow end up having to travel together. Characters have their own distinctive personalities and adds to the realism of the series. Hip-hop elements are common throughout the series, with a hip-hop and lounge type of soundtrack.

There are some anachronisms and references to things that are considered "the future" compared to Samurai Champloo's time period, such as rimless/frameless glasses, tinted sunglasses, boomboxes, microphones, beat-boxing, etc. However I feel like this is good, as it adds a bit of silliness and further adds onto the hip-hop elements (Samurai Champloo is literally Cowboy Bebop's hip-hopping brother [directed by the same person]). The ending left a somewhat bittersweet taste in my mouth, but it was good.

Honorable Mentions:

Air Gear: Story about a boy who gets these awesome roller skates that are powered through the motorized wheels (realistically called a hub motor, this type of technology actually exists but not at the power output in Air Gear). Lots of fan service all around, and I think the series could go without it. However, I think it's created by the person who created Ikki Tousen, so that's probably why. The anime leaves the watcher almost RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of a story arc- the manga has continued and is continuing (which I read lmao)

Rideback: Story about a young prodigy ballerina who suffered an accident which caused her to no longer be able to dance. She discovers Rideback, essentially a transforming motorcycle which can turn into a bipedal (bi-wheeled..?) robot which can be used for racing (military uses have been applied). Short lived at 26 episodes, the series turned from a racing approach to a "oh my god government conspiracy let's overthrow it" story. Manga is apparently better, but I have not found enough scans to keep me interested.

That said, expect REDLINE to zoom to the top of my list (number 2, Sunred will always have a special place in my heart <3 ) when it gets released worldwide in something other than Japanese.

RE: Top five anime - Temporal - Jul. 24, 2011

...Okay, Fyurity and Triple X Turbo, can you not read or something? I am starting to think that some members are illiterate. One, Fyurity, we ARE talking about anime here. Both of you. ELABORATE!

RE: Top five anime - Triple-X-Turbo - Jul. 24, 2011

(Jul. 24, 2011  5:29 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: ...Okay, Fyurity and Triple X Turbo, can you not read or something? I am starting to think that some members are illiterate. One, Fyurity, we ARE talking about anime here. Both of you. ELABORATE!

Hey! I was just telling my favorite anime names, don't be so rude on me. If you want to know why are they my favorite, so listen..
1.DragonBall Z because of its fabulous and exotic actions. The fights between each characters are supposed to be outstanding and the battle between good and evil also attracts me. A few animes can be comparative with DBZ.

2.Beyblade because of its those spinning tops. The fight between beys is fabulous to me. Especially, in the original series when the bit-beasts used to be released I used to be so excited in that moment.

3.Pokemon because of its adventure in the world of Pokemon. I love Ash and his Pikachu and his adventures. Especially, his long journey to be a pokemon master in hilarious situations is one of my favorite adventure animes and I like the all pokemons existed in this anime.

4.Naruto because of its ninja techniques and ninjutsu. And of course the battle between each ninjas and ninja students. I like Sasuke, Gaara, Neji, Hinata and more characters. But I dont like Naruto.

5.Digimon because of its characters and the digimons. I like them when they evolve into a more powerfull form than the earlier form and I like the fights and adventure of this anime.
Okay, That's all...

RE: Top five anime - Temporal - Jul. 24, 2011

You were kinda supposed to do that from the get-go. As Dude says often: If you don't elaborate, NOBODY CARES! That is all.

RE: Top five anime - dyingwilltsuna - Jul. 24, 2011

I think there the best in the world,but some pepole might not like them ,here they are.
5.yu yu hakusho
4.gundam 00
3.halo ledgends
2.dragonball, Z,GT
1.hitman reborn

RE: Top five anime - Jsc - Jul. 25, 2011

updated:

1 - Code Geass - The plot just constantly annoys you due to Lelouches countless setbacks when you just want him to win Pinching_eyes
2 - Death Note - Similar to Code Geass but more relaxed and no robot fighting. Also more complex story slightly.
3 - Haruhi Suzumiya - Watched this series like 4 times, great replay value, and the story is beautiful, also the movie is great.
4 - FLCL - Short, but the series is pretty unique and has a good theme. And awesome guitars :o
5 - Naruto - I went to the end of the first part but never started shippuden. The first seasons were the best IMO
Honorable Mention - Kekkaishi, Good music and one of my favorite antagonists in all series, Its also similar to YuYu Hakusho.

AND DURARARA!! but i dont know where to put it, it doesnt have much of a theme but just entertaining.

RE: Top five anime - Temporal - Jul. 25, 2011

(Jul. 24, 2011  9:21 AM)dyingwilltsuna Wrote: I think there the best in the world,but some pepole might not like them ,here they are.
5.yu yu hakusho
4.gundam 00
3.halo ledgends
2.dragonball, Z,GT
1.hitman reborn

Could you elaborate? Why do you like them?

RE: Top five anime - Samkiwas - Jul. 25, 2011

1. Bleach
2. Naruto
3. Eyeshield 21
4. Inazuma Eleven
5. DBZ

RE: Top five anime - Temporal - Jul. 25, 2011

Go up one post. READ IT.

RE: Top five anime - Dude - Jul. 26, 2011

(Jul. 26, 2011  2:23 AM)ashton b Wrote: 5. one piece 4.yu yu hakisho 3.cowboy bebop 2.flcl 1.DRAGON BALL Z
5. one piece 4.yu yu hakisho 3.cowboy bebop 2.flcl 1.DRAGON BALL Z

Hahaha...Wow. I think that's pretty much the worst reply this thread has ever seen. Not only do you not elaborate one bit, assuming we care about simply what animes you like, which we don't, but...w-why did you repeat it four times?!

RE: Top five anime - Pony - Jul. 26, 2011

No. 1 BEYBLADE Stupid GO! tsubasa's spastic reply to taunts!
No. 2 Pokemon cause.....well......THEY'RE LITTLE CUTE MONSTERS I CAN'T RESIST.
No. 3 Avatar the Last Airbender cause it has comedy, action, and cliffhangers.
No. 4 Dragon Ball Z Kai I just love to see them die from little hits then survive laser beams.
No. 5 bakugan I really don't know of many animes so....I kinda like how little balls become huge guys shooting and throwing harpoons or whatever at each other.
THESE ARE MY TOP 5

RE: Top five anime - bugturtles - Jul. 26, 2011

Durarara's pretty good. Kinda got creepy during the second half, and it's nice to see all the characters weave a web of relationships (whether good or bad) with all the other characters.

RE: Top five anime - Temporal - Jul. 26, 2011

(Jul. 26, 2011  2:57 AM)storm dranzer Wrote: No. 1 BEYBLADE Stupid GO YUU
No. 2 Pokemon cause.....well......THEY'RE LITTLE CUTE MONSTERS I CAN'T RESIST.
No. 3 Avatar the Last Airbender cause it has comedy, action, and cliffhangers.
No. 4 Spongebob Squarepants (Do NOT make fun of me 17 year olds watch this stuff)
No. 5 Phineas and Ferb cause they build crazy stuff and I like Perry.

THESE ARE MY TOP 5

P&F and Spongebob aren't anime...

RE: Top five anime - Xyo - Jul. 26, 2011

1. One Piece (I love it im on the latest chapter and episode.)
2. Fairy Tail (I love the story about wizards and magic Grin)
3. Hitman Reborn (I like mafia Grin)
4. Rave Master (Finished it and is really good)
5.Psyren (i like that its is Mainstream yet non mainstream0
if i could have a six i would choose Kekaishi.
EDIT: just a question where could i download the movie for TMoHS? i wanna watch it and in high quality Grin

RE: Top five anime - ArmorD00taku - Jul. 29, 2011

I will say my top 5, also some recommendations.

1.Hetalia: Axis Powers
Hilarious, it uses historical content and funny stereotypes, a must see for...*ahem*... Yoai Fans. Yes I'm a guy btw.
2.Clannad
A beautiful anime, romance and drama that strike even the most hardened anime fans, definitely should look into it if your a drama fan.
3.Black Lagoon
Action packed with guns, blood, and crime. If you like the anime, look into the manga. Gore-oriented, you've been warned.
4.Strike Witches
One of my true favorites, story isn't well put, but the character designs are one of my favorite. Contains loli and yuri.
5.Trigun
An amazingly great western anime. With truly original characters and great gunfights, no anime is better with action than Trigun.

I did not put them it any particular order.
Trust me on this, I have ALOT more than the anime on the list.

RE: Top five anime - Sky God Jupiter - Jul. 29, 2011

1.) Soul Eater- I liked the concept of having partners who could turn into your weapon, and the plot was decent, though the anime had the mst cliche ending you'll find on the internet...

2.) Death Note- The idea of a demon book was nice, not to mention all the logic Light and L use to try to beat eachother in this mind game. And as a side note, cmon, Misa Amane.

3.) Bleach- Bleach has everything I really enjoy in a show, a plot will most likely never happen, great battles fought by using swords. Not to mention the powers each sword actually has.

4.) Naruto- Ninjas are ninjas, no matter how obsessed with their friend who abandoned their entire village three years and still wants him dead....

5.) Inuyasha- Pretty much the same reasons for Bleach, though the characters were a lot better, not to mention there werent really any sudden moments where the character got amazing power to finish off his enemy who has been winning the fight since the very start.

RE: Top five anime - Temporal - Aug. 02, 2011

Hrm. Mine seems to have changed.

1. TMoHS This one is simple. Not only is Haruhi insane, Kyon is starting to not care, as evidenced in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Also, Nagato has lasers. Nothing beats lasers fired from an alien humanoid interface's hands, right?

2. Lucky Star. Has no plot. At. All. But anyway, we all have similar conversations. Hah, I once somehow got into a conversation on how to grill a shishkabob. It's life. You simply must enjoy this.

3. Ah! My Goddess. For once, the main character is a total failure and cannot defend himself worth ANYTHING. Also, he has terrible luck. Also, there are goddesses involved. Also...one is immensely naive, and it is kinda funny to see her misunderstand point after point, and learn about Earth the hilarious way. The art isn't so shabby either.

4. Hayate the Combat Butler. Hayate is, again, someone you can laugh at. He misses simple points, can't catch a hint if it was frozen in front of him with a sign thoroughly explaining its purpose, and it's hilarious to see him hit by cars, bikes, baseballs, and on one occasion, a truck. Just a funny anime.

5. Fairy Tail? Natsu. He reminds me of a less-serious Luffy. When Luffy was being an idiot, he's slightly less funny than Natsu. Plus, the "You liiiiiiiike her" lines are pretty funny. The dub isn't so good, however.

Honorable mention: Soul Eater, Nagaserete Airiantou, Bleach.