World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Whine about your breaks - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Whine about your breaks (/Thread-Whine-about-your-breaks)

RE: Whine about your breaks - Bey Brad - Sep. 02, 2016

Hasbro's taking the blame for a lot of Takara-Tomy's initial screwups here.

RE: Whine about your breaks - LOL-y Rancher - Sep. 02, 2016

(Sep. 02, 2016  1:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hasbro's taking the blame for a lot of Takara-Tomy's initial screwups here.

I don't think anyone is blaming Hasbro for Takara-Tomy's faulty design for V2 but I think people were expecting Hasbro to fix issues like this. Especially because they have been known to reinforce parts.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Jinbee - Sep. 02, 2016

(Sep. 02, 2016  1:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hasbro's taking the blame for a lot of Takara-Tomy's initial screwups here.

It's not just that, I just think a lot of us expected the plastic to be better being less brittle and hoped that Hasbro learned from TTs mistakes. Hasbro plastic tends to stress easily for me but don't seem that stiff to snap so hopefully they'll last long even after a stress mark.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Bey Brad - Sep. 02, 2016

(Sep. 02, 2016  1:58 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:

I don't think anyone is blaming Hasbro for Takara-Tomy's faulty design for V2 but I think people were expecting Hasbro to fix issues like this. Especially because they have been known to reinforce parts.

This was probably manufactured before the re-enforced V2s in Japan.

RE: Whine about your breaks - LOL-y Rancher - Sep. 02, 2016

(Sep. 02, 2016  2:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

This was probably manufactured before the re-enforced V2s in Japan.

Eh, I suppose so. Hopefully, Hasbro will eventually address this issue and fix it.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Real_ilinnuc - Sep. 02, 2016

Production prob started before reinforced V2's were developed. They'll prob reinforce it later.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Kai-V - Sep. 05, 2016

Even the reinforced of Victory Valkyrie mould is not invincible:

[Image: CreMNTFVIAE-kjo.jpg]
From https://twitter.com/Akuma110214/status/772240031368957953?s=09

RE: Whine about your breaks - Ryuujin K - Sep. 05, 2016

(Sep. 05, 2016  2:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Even the reinforced of Victory Valkyrie mould is not invincible:

From https://twitter.com/Akuma110214/status/772240031368957953?s=09

This may be the ol' translucent plastic being less durable thing going on here. (iirc)
If this happens to an opaque V2, then I'd worry.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Kai-V - Sep. 21, 2016

There are several Dark Deathscyther, Wild Wyvern and Victory Valkyrie breaks I stopped myself from posting these past few weeks because we are so used to them, but here is an additional Chaos (white) break:

[Image: Cs3Kj_KUkAAzXzG.jpg]

https://twitter.com/MachDKN/status/778501050743476224

RE: Whine about your breaks - Jinbee - Sep. 21, 2016

Really? Chaos breaks? Sadly Chaos looked so thick and didn't have small breakable looking protrusions.

RE: Whine about your breaks - TL14 - Sep. 21, 2016

My Variable just broke. Unhappy Half of the rubber broke off. I now took the whole rubber out and put the yellow shaft of a spinning top eraser in it. It fits perfectly. The driver is now 3,5 cm high. It has no balance issues but it can get destabilized very easily. I think a fitting name for the driver would be Large.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Hato - Sep. 21, 2016

(Sep. 21, 2016  3:28 PM)TL14 Wrote: My Variable just broke. Unhappy Half of the rubber broke off. I now took the whole rubber out and put the yellow shaft of a spinning top eraser in it. It fits perfectly. The driver is now 3,5 cm high. It has no balance issues but it can get destabilized very easily. I think a fitting name for the driver would be Large.

What do you mean the 'rubber broke off'? Like, it split down the middle? Interested to hear.

RE: Whine about your breaks - TL14 - Sep. 21, 2016

(Sep. 21, 2016  5:21 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2016  3:28 PM)TL14 Wrote: My Variable just broke. Unhappy Half of the rubber broke off. I now took the whole rubber out and put the yellow shaft of a spinning top eraser in it. It fits perfectly. The driver is now 3,5 cm high. It has no balance issues but it can get destabilized very easily. I think a fitting name for the driver would be Large.

What do you mean the 'rubber broke off'? Like, it split down the middle? Interested to hear.

It was pretty stupid from me. I tried to remove the rubber and then a part broke off. That was such a bad idea. I destroyed my favourite Bey. Now I have to buy a new V2.B.V. ;(

RE: Whine about your breaks - CentrellAvenger - Sep. 21, 2016

This is from a few years back, but:
-I had recently obtained a kreis cygnus.
-It was probably a rapidity/it had a D tip.
-I had customized it into Blackushin Leone 125D.
-I launched it on a tile floor (i.e gym floor).
-It did what usually happens when I launch stuff on the floor: a half-oval arc at warp speed, but then it just totally stopped dead in its tracks and spun out. When it stopped, instead of plopping over at an acute angle (like most do) it was standing straight up, like you can do with some of the wider flat tips. I knew it wasn't supposed to do that, so I crawled over, picked it up, and lo and behold, the bottom was eaten by (nothing), leaving a hole.
I was sad and later obtained another in a hasbro twin pack. This one didn't break.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Bladerguy2 - Sep. 22, 2016

The Reinforced Valkryie might just be a on off thing, right?

RE: Whine about your breaks - Bladerguy2 - Sep. 27, 2016

[Image: 13zygqt.jpg]

Im not sure why it oriented weird when i uploaded it to TinyPic. Broke my monoboros against a storm spriggan

RE: Whine about your breaks - Hato - Sep. 27, 2016

Wow, that's surprising that it broke. Sorry for your Minoburos Unhappy

RE: Whine about your breaks - cadney - Sep. 27, 2016

My revolve died at SERIOUSLY TILTED: RIP my trusted friend.

I think it flew out of the stadium and hit something hard, denting the tip irreparably. It no longer has the stamina it did before. Gonna need to stock up on more revolves!

RE: Whine about your breaks - bigbangpegs - Sep. 28, 2016

Jus curious but Hato, how's that Hasbro v2 holding up now? The one that had stress marks

RE: Whine about your breaks - Hato - Sep. 28, 2016

(Sep. 28, 2016  9:12 AM)bigbangpegs Wrote: Jus curious but Hato, how's that Hasbro v2 holding up now? The one that had stress marks

I was actually looking at it a few days ago and seeing if it was moving or not, and it's perfectly fine. I'm still concerned, but it's most likely just because of the plastic Hasbro uses.

RE: Whine about your breaks - bigbangpegs - Sep. 29, 2016

Phew, that's good. V2 Hasbro seems to be better in all aspects(eeexcept aesthetics)

RE: Whine about your breaks - Kai-V - Sep. 29, 2016

(Sep. 28, 2016  12:55 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2016  9:12 AM)bigbangpegs Wrote: Jus curious but Hato, how's that Hasbro v2 holding up now? The one that had stress marks

I was actually looking at it a few days ago and seeing if it was moving or not, and it's perfectly fine. I'm still concerned, but it's most likely just because of the plastic Hasbro uses.

Just to know though, did you use it frequently since that first sign of stress? If it just lied there all this time, I would not have expected much change either hah.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Hato - Sep. 29, 2016

(Sep. 29, 2016  1:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2016  12:55 PM)Hato Wrote:

Just to know though, did you use it frequently since that first sign of stress? If it just lied there all this time, I would not have expected much change either hah.

Yes, I did use it frequently since then (on and off), and I would say at least 100 rounds since then.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Suzaku-X - Sep. 29, 2016

Say, do any other Hasbro layers tested have the stress problem?

RE: Whine about your breaks - Naru Blader - Oct. 02, 2016

Broke my chaos yeterday, and I've only used it 2 times Crying