World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Whine about your breaks - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Whine about your breaks (/Thread-Whine-about-your-breaks)

RE: Whine about your breaks - th!nk - Jan. 03, 2012

Heh. I broke one of them as a child, actually, but no, these things are largely hollow, and made of a plastic that goes yellow and even more brittle over time.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Raigeko13 - Jan. 06, 2012

BROKE MAH OTHER LAUNCHER GRIP
FML
It had a good run... It was that Sagattario grip...
IT LASTED SO LONG AND IT WAS SUCH AN UGLY COLOR ;_;
BUT I WILL REMEMBER YOU
FOREVEERRRRRRRR
; A; WHY

RE: Whine about your breaks - Hazel - Jan. 06, 2012

What part of it did you break, the same old spot where the clips are held in place?

RE: Whine about your breaks - Raigeko13 - Jan. 06, 2012

Yep. I wish that they had more of a chunk of plastic behind them attached to the grip so it would break less...
Hasbro, Y U NO RELEASE LAUNCHERS ANYMORE
(minus the expensive terrible sets)

Ga', you've cursed me.
You broke two grips in two weeks. I did the same.
YOU MUST PAY Argh!

I also realized I broke my T125 without even using it.
w
t
f

RE: Whine about your breaks - Galaxy Pisces - Jan. 06, 2012

My Beylauncher exploded when I was launching Basalt Aquario AD145WD....
And that means I have no good launchers anymore and my modded Ripcord one.
also doesn't work anymore ( it was MORE powerfull then Rev-Up. ) Well,time to buy a beylauncher and grip >.<

RE: Whine about your breaks - kbuno50 - Jan. 07, 2012

My rev-up launcher failed a few weeks ago. It's slightly stronger than a light launcher, but the string won't retract, so it's not worth the pulling >.>
Now I have to use a modded light launcher...

RE: Whine about your breaks - Janstarblast - Jan. 07, 2012

(Jan. 06, 2012  5:58 PM)Galaxy Pisces Wrote: My Beylauncher exploded when I was launching Basalt Aquario AD145WD....
And that means I have no good launchers anymore and my modded Ripcord one.
also doesn't work anymore ( it was MORE powerfull then Rev-Up. ) Well,time to buy a beylauncher and grip >.<

Considering the fact that a bey's name is most easily noticeable in ones post (thanks to the 'all capitals' for the track and tip), I thought your Basalt exploded... Chocked_2
Well, a BeyLauncher is quite easy to get though.
And yes, I find it a bit difficult to launch heavier beys like those, especially with a LL2.
Launch a heavy bey with that and you'll feel like you are playing tug-of-war; and people at the other end left the rope... Tongue_out_wink

RE: Whine about your breaks - Ga' - Jan. 07, 2012

Rai lol. I feel for you.

Actually, it was 2 grips in quick succession during 1 day. Still, that sucks.

My T125 broke randomly when I was testing that old Hasbro combo I made last year, I think it was a defect in the shape of the hole for the face to screw in + cold weather.

RE: Whine about your breaks - th!nk - Jan. 09, 2012

Five more base clips disappeared today, in 20 minutes play.

Honestly, I want to call an ABS moulder and get them to mold snap-sheets of 20 base clips or something, this is just way too much...

RE: Whine about your breaks - Janstarblast - Jan. 09, 2012

Haha!
Base Clips were the most annoying parts of plastics IMO. I lost too many of 'em! Without them, the beys are useless. Such small, little, insignificant-looking things are SO important. Sheesh!
Not to mention they were extremely tough to remove/put in.
My suggestion- If you are extremely rich, get a couple of Uriel 2s. It has the best Base, and Base Clips to offer! Tongue_out

Heh, uriel 2 base clips. "Try to remove them, just try it. Feel brave?"

I'm not kidding about the ABS thing btw, if I knew the right people and knew it wouldn't instantly get me disqualified, I'd totally do it. A snap sheet of 20-40 black base clips, like the ones from galeon. I dream of this.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Hazel - Jan. 09, 2012

ABS moulding via vacuuform isn't actually too expensive, at least in the US... and you can also do polycarbonate molds that way.

I know of some places to go to get things ABS vacuu-molded, but how and why are 100% unrelated to my Star Wars interests.

100%.

Hmmm... I will look into it, maybe, at least for non-competitive clips or something, because one day, we will reach the inevitable clipocalypse.

Don't worry, my knowledge of its existence is 100% unrelated to Lego in any way, shape, or form.

You could always just buy a ton of Dragoon G to siphon clips off of.

Eight bucks for a pair of clips, though... hey, you could make a fort out of the ARs!

RE: Whine about your breaks - Janstarblast - Jan. 09, 2012

Hazel- G series beys do not have those clips which th!nk wants. Smile
Their clips are fixed to the BB... Forever. I mean, they could be removed, but they are only EG base compatible. At least the Dragoon G one is...

I'm not sure why I did not remember that, seeing as I own several G-Series Beyblades... hm. I cannot think of any other explosively cheap Plastics you could exploit.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Galaxy Pisces - Jan. 09, 2012

After a tough battle against a illegal bey ( and I won ) my poor Basalt was cracked and shattered.

RE: Whine about your breaks - kbuno50 - Jan. 09, 2012

wut

>basalt
>shattered
>lolwtf

What illegal combo was it?

To be honest if I had a basalt shatter against an opponent using an illegal blade, they would be buying me a new one.

That said, I would also question why I was playing against an illegal combo in the first place.

RE: Whine about your breaks - Janstarblast - Jan. 10, 2012

(Jan. 09, 2012  9:49 PM)Galaxy Pisces Wrote: After a tough battle against a illegal bey ( and I won ) my poor Basalt was cracked and shattered.

That has happened to me too.
A thousand times... Tired
Come to India. You'll be flabbergasted upon seeing the beys we produce. Full-metal, pure iron beyblades; that have contact points SO sharp, that they make a perfect vegetable cutter. Not to mention the weight... I can be sure that each bey weighs above 150 grams... It is made completely out of metal, you know. There's NO plastic! Battle against those, and you'll feel like battling a tank! It will break your bey; or at least crack it within a few seconds...

@th!nk- Same for you, come to India. Tongue_out
I used to actively participate in tourneys hosted by local people around here... I was probably the only person to be using original parts! If you lost, not only did your bey break; you had to give away another one from your collection to the winner, as a token. XD
Thankfully, those guys have stopped hosting such tourneys now. Tongue_out
I probably lost more than 20-30 of my beys in such tourneys... Tired

RE: Whine about your breaks - Justaway - Jan. 10, 2012

Now the scene has changed Jan. Here people get beys that are much lighter than MFBs and they are full plastic. I had fun knocking them around with Storm Pegasis. And Moreover(my infamous beybattle) I won against one of the illegal ones with Black Dranzer and then its AR broke...disintegrated rather like in the anime Grin. But I think those beys are not that heavy. I mean they have sharp tips and moreover they hardly weigh around 75-80 grams...I think a strong Vari or Blitz attacker would be enough to beat them....unless they damage the stadium itself

RE: Whine about your breaks - Hyper27 - Jan. 10, 2012

My rock leone's facebolt broke Unhappy. I also tightened my eagles facebolt too much and it broke Unhappy. For some reason my rock wheel for Rock zurafa is loose..

RE: Whine about your breaks - Janstarblast - Jan. 10, 2012

(Jan. 10, 2012  10:20 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: Now the scene has changed Jan. Here people get beys that are much lighter than MFBs and they are full plastic. I had fun knocking them around with Storm Pegasis. And Moreover(my infamous beybattle) I won against one of the illegal ones with Black Dranzer and then its AR broke...disintegrated rather like in the anime Grin. But I think those beys are not that heavy. I mean they have sharp tips and moreover they hardly weigh around 75-80 grams...I think a strong Vari or Blitz attacker would be enough to beat them....unless they damage the stadium itself

Yeah, it has. But, as we go gaga over being able to buy plastics, so do Indians, who seriously like to get the metal-equivalent of our plastic beys for an amazingly cheap price. Tongue_out

Hyper27- Faces shouldn't break that easily unless you are some heavyweight wrestling champion... Confused
Something seems to be wrong...

RE: Whine about your breaks - Justaway - Jan. 11, 2012

I have broken My BBP face too..it is normal..you need not be a heavyweight champ for it. And my Rock from Aries is loose as well so I dont think it makes much of a difference

RE: Whine about your breaks - Janstarblast - Jan. 11, 2012

Well, from the looks of it, I believe tightening a face too much doesn't break it THAT easily... MFs break, though.
I still do not see why the Faces you guys get snap so easily... As for the BBP Face break. Gasp
I love BBP's aesthetics, and would probably cry if something breaks...