World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+--- Thread: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo (/Thread-plastic-Gen-1-Dragoon-combo)

plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - DragonLord95 - Jul. 26, 2021

I am looking for a good strong left spin Attack build with some survivability for plastic Beys. For my Attack Ring I was thinking Dragoon V2 I am not familiar at all with their other names as I see on the Wiki and here like 10 attacker and such so you'll have to forgive me and also say who the parts come from and probably be like their technically name as well as like if ten attack is from Dragoon V2 then Dragoon V2 as well haha. Thank you all in advance!.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - tubitr - Jul. 26, 2021

Kid/Master Dragoon's attack ring, 10Wide (it's wide and has 10 corners) and Dragoon S' blade base. It and can equalise pretty well and has alright attack power eventhough Dragoon S' BB doesn't move around too fast.
It's hopeless vs Wolborg 4's blade base tho.
Dranzer Gt's AR has better upper attack in left spin but that's not a dragoon. Dragoon Gt's AR and Dragoon Grip Attacker's BB are also options if you prefer more attack power instead of survivability.

You could also use Dragoon G's AR, 10Wide and either;

-Burning Kerberous's BB, Dranzer V2's support part and Dranzer S's spin gear with Driger F's tip.

-or Wolborg 2's BB with Dranzer S or Wolborg 1's spin gear and Driger F's tip.

Dragoon V2's AR has a bit too much self recoil for survivability based combos imo, G would work better.
Driger F's tip in Wolborg/Dranzer S's core is basically a free spinning metal flat, it should have good stamina.
The support part from Voltic Ape or any of the Dark Dragoon/Draciel/Dranzer/Driger beys are also fine if you choose to use Kerberous's BB.

I wrote 10Wide but if use Wide Defense or Wide Survivor if u have those discs.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - th!nk - Jul. 27, 2021

This should go in the plastics subforum, the best combo using main line dragoon parts is a big mix.

I definitely wouldn't go with Upper Dragoon on Storm Grip, Storm Grip doesn't have a long enough attack duration to do anything to even compacts with that AR...

AR: Dragoon GT>Dragoon G>>>>Dragoon S
WD: Ten Wide (Dragoon V, G, GT)
SG: Neo Left SG (any core, probably just use Dragoon V) or Dragoon V2 SG or just a regular Left SG (Dragoon S/F) if using storm grip base
BB: Dragoon V with Dragoon V2 Tip or Dragoon V2 with Dragoon V2 Tip, and Dragoon V2 Support Parts. Or Storm Grip Base, I guess.

If using other support parts, Voltaic Ape's is always better than Dranzer V2s. Ten Wide is also better for every Dragoon Combo except Upper Dragoon (master/kids dragoon) on a free spinning driger F shaft. Wouldn't even go near a Driger F shaft setup with any other dragoon AR at all, even non free spinning ones are outclassed by Gaia Dragoon V BB

This is if you want to use Dragoon only, anyway. Dragoon V2's AR has too much recoil, so best avoided.

Otherwise best overall setup with a dragoon attack ring is probably Dragoon GT's AR, Wide Defense/Ten Wide, Neo Left SG with a Magnecore and Gaia Dragoon V's Base. IMO that setup makes the best use of a Dragoon AR.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - tubitr - Jul. 27, 2021

(Jul. 27, 2021  3:59 AM)th!nk Wrote: I definitely wouldn't go with Upper Dragoon on Storm Grip, Storm Grip doesn't have a long enough attack duration to do anything to even compacts with that AR...

It outspins right compacts and lefts are pretty niche tho.
It has good odds of out spinning same spin combos that use the wolborg 2 tip in my experience: https://youtu.be/m8CDsHyZifQ?t=921 (I think the combo here was using wolborg 2's SG instead of bearing kerberous's but the spin finishes weren't that close).
and has a decent change to KO combos that use the wolborg1/metal dragoon bearing stinger tip.

I mean a light breeze can KO mdbs/wolborg 1 tip, so most really run BKs and even that doesn't take hits well. Plenty of defense combos can KO them, esp. weight defense.

I don't get storm grip osing a decent wolborg 2 shaft zombie unless the tip is catching badly in the base, but same spin isn't what they're designed for. From me spinning them now though it's not even remotely close (I use wolborg 2 casings, shaft and cgb with defense ring and wide defense).

What compacts is it outspinning? MCB has solid lad and has little trouble with the match up.

I also don't see how any of this makes for a good attack type (which OP requested) anyway - the benchmark is KO on defensive balance and defense. Storm grip just isn't that great and with it's short lifespan you need something that can deliver a big smash hit early to KO the opponent fast while also not having too much recoil - G Upper is the primary candidate for these criteria.

UD on Storm Grip is part of why compacts were so dominant previously imo - because it actually isn't a great offense setup and doesn't handle them that well. It's a great Spin Stealing Attack AR but storm grip doesn't have sufficient stamina or LAD for that. It's not horrible by any means but there's so much better available from the dragoon line.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - tubitr - Jul. 27, 2021

(Jul. 27, 2021  10:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: From me spinning them now though it's not even remotely close (I use wolborg 2 casings, shaft and cgb with defense ring and wide defense).

Huh, aside from the disc and sp that's pretty much the same setup as the one in the vid. Maybe the guy using it didn't hard launch to avoid a self ko.

The rubber parts of this tip could come off if you pulled on it, I've got another wolborg 2 tip where the rubber part doesn't come off (this one kinda looks like its been glued), not sure which one's the proper one.

(Jul. 27, 2021  10:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: What compacts is it outspinning? MCB has solid lad and has little trouble with the match up.
I thought Upper Dragoon with Dragoon S BB beat MBD and MCB in opposite spin, will have to check that again when I visit home.

(Jul. 27, 2021  10:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: I also don't see how any of this makes for a good attack type (which OP requested) anyway - the benchmark is KO on defensive balance and defense...
OP wanted "left spin Attack build with some survivability". Something that can ko stamina (even if ko'ing stamina isn't much of an achievement) and out spin some defensive balance and defense fits the bill imo. (Well, I was under the impression it could out spin some of them but looks like I'm wrong lol)

(Jul. 27, 2021  10:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: UD on Storm Grip is part of why compacts were so dominant previously imo - because it actually isn't a great offense setup and doesn't handle them that well. It's a great Spin Stealing Attack AR but storm grip doesn't have sufficient stamina or LAD for that. It's not horrible by any means but there's so much better available from the dragoon line.

I bought a bunch of parts guy that was a top 10 blader in Turkey around 2003-2004 and he spoke very highly of the upper dragoon combo. (there was no official ranking but people in the turkish forum managed to dig up some old results from web archive)

I don't know much about the competitive scene back then tho.
There's this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZzcoxBsI7Y , so it looks like our tournament stadiums didn't have a tornado ridge. No tornado ridge + people being young/ might be a reason why Dragoon S's BB was prefered, hard to self KO with it .

(Jul. 27, 2021  11:51 AM)tubitr Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2021  10:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: From me spinning them now though it's not even remotely close (I use wolborg 2 casings, shaft and cgb with defense ring and wide defense).

Huh, aside from the disc and sp that's pretty much the same setup as the one in the vid.  Maybe the guy using it didn't hard launch to avoid a self ko.

The rubber parts of this tip could come off if you pulled on it, I've got another wolborg 2 tip where the rubber part doesn't come off (this one kinda looks like its been glued), not sure which one's the proper one.

(Jul. 27, 2021  10:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: What compacts is it outspinning? MCB has solid lad and has little trouble with the match up.
I thought Upper Dragoon with Dragoon S BB beat MBD and MCB in opposite spin, will have to check that again when I visit home.

(Jul. 27, 2021  10:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: I also don't see how any of this makes for a good attack type (which OP requested) anyway - the benchmark is KO on defensive balance and defense...  
OP wanted "left spin Attack build with some survivability". Something that can ko stamina (even if ko'ing stamina isn't much of an achievement) and out spin some defensive balance and defense fits the bill imo. (Well, I was under the impression it could out spin some of them but looks like I'm wrong lol)

(Jul. 27, 2021  10:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: UD on Storm Grip is part of why compacts were so dominant previously imo - because it actually isn't a great offense setup and doesn't handle them that well. It's a great Spin Stealing Attack AR but storm grip doesn't have sufficient stamina or LAD for that. It's not horrible by any means but there's so much better available from the dragoon line.

I bought a bunch of parts guy that was a top 10 blader in Turkey around 2003-2004 and he spoke very highly of the upper dragoon combo.  (there was no official ranking but people in the turkish forum managed to dig up some old results from web archive)

I don't know much about the competitive scene back then tho.
There's this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZzcoxBsI7Y , so it looks like our tournament stadiums didn't have a tornado ridge. No tornado ridge + people being young/ might be a reason why Dragoon S's BB was prefered, hard to self KO with it .

The vid shows non-dragon winders which is probably the actual root cause of that if anything (I can go into the science some time but I'm in the middle of doing some important stuff atm), bearing and tip condition (and width variance for catching in the base) matter, but at the very least it tells you it can't be relied on in that match up.

My worn MBD loaded with 6 balls has no trouble - maybe a mint one would struggle a touch more with the sharper tip. Storm Grip has variances in rubber hardness, but even then MCB has good LAD in general (though the sonokong one is a bit worse due to the tip being different), I really don't see storm grip outspinning at all. That's even loading my Compact down with my heaviest 10h AND a Metal Bit Chip to minimise survival. 

Eh that summary is true, but in that case Gaia Dragoon V's Base is an easy recommendation and just as much as Dragoon as Master/Kids Dragoon, and then you can whack an actual Dragoon AR on top, or even Upper Dragoon, and get generally better results. Survivability is relative though. G Upper on CGB has "passable" survivability - and perhaps explaining how much you trade off to get some stamina is important. Storm Grip really doesn't have good survivability as it has no precession ability due to being so short.
If they want survivability you came real close when you mentioned an SSA combo... But then you suggested Eight Spiker on it which... Not a great idea - Upper Dragoon would be great there though, and an Upper Dragoon Spin Stealing Attack combo might be the best answer for the question, even if it isn't very dragoon-y.

Also, UD/10W/SGB doesn't even reliably KO BK Shaft Zombies - at least I don't get reliable KOs on my CGB/Defense Ring/BK Shaft zombie even with Wide Survivor, let alone once I put Wide Defense on it. Sometimes maybe, but generally it bounces off that smooth, smooth underside and the zombie just rolls away from it a little. Chance matters there too as BK Shaft isn't a sitting duck. Not a match up I'd like to be using UD in, anyhow.

A lot of people back then did feel strongly about it being good - and even recommended loading Storm Grip down even more with Ten Heavy and an HMC and using Right Spin - this was one of the most recommended combos when I got back into plastics!
Since then it's been pretty thoroughly debunked as the meta has evolved and stronger setups have been found, and those styles of combos don't even make the competitive combos list any more. Plastics Remembrance when it was run had a lot of Circle Survivor combos which eat most things alive, the most practical setup now is probably G Upper on CGB tbh, as it has a shot vs CS sometimes.

Yes, lacking a tornado ridge is part of why Storm Grip was popular, correct, and in fact, G Special Base of all things was popular for similar reasons. This is definitely part of the rep but it's also not really that relevant now.

Upper Dragoon is better on SG Metal Flat Base (Gaia Dragoon Version) and perhaps even Metal Change Base if you're going left spin compared to Storm Grip, fwiw. Again, combo is like... It's fine. It'll smash lighter stock or slightly customised stuff, possibly even a stock Driger S, but it's gonna get curb stomped by CS and Driger V2 combos.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - DragonLord95 - Jul. 27, 2021

These are all really good ideas!!! I ordered a whole lot of G1 Beys from eBay I don't remember all of em but it had Dragoons out the wazoo haha. I forget if it had a Wolborg but I know it had a Dranzer or two and a good couple of the Beys you all listed so thank you everyone!. Hopefully I can make a great stamina/stationary attack type or even stamina counter attack type Bey. I am a big Dragoon fan so hense why I am gonna use really only Dragoon ARs and left SG wish me luck everyone I appreciate it Smile.

(Jul. 27, 2021  10:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: I mean a light breeze can KO mdbs/wolborg 1 tip, so most really run BKs and even that doesn't take hits well. Plenty of defense combos can KO them, esp. weight defense.

I don't get storm grip osing a decent wolborg 2 shaft zombie unless the tip is catching badly in the base, but same spin isn't what they're designed for. From me spinning them now though it's not even remotely close (I use wolborg 2 casings, shaft and cgb with defense ring and wide defense).

What compacts is it outspinning? MCB has solid lad and has little trouble with the match up.

I also don't see how any of this makes for a good attack type (which OP requested) anyway - the benchmark is KO on defensive balance and defense. Storm grip just isn't that great and with it's short lifespan you need something that can deliver a big smash hit early to KO the opponent fast while also not having too much recoil - G Upper is the primary candidate for these criteria.

UD on Storm Grip is part of why compacts were so dominant previously imo - because it actually isn't a great offense setup and doesn't handle them that well. It's a great Spin Stealing Attack AR but storm grip doesn't have sufficient stamina or LAD for that. It's not horrible by any means but there's so much better available from the dragoon line.

What would ya recommend for a spin equalizer stationary attacker for Dragoon?. I sadly don't have a Dragoon GT on the way but out of the lot I do know by name is Dragoon V and V2, Gaia Strata Dragoon if that is the one that has the wing things, some Dranzers which I want to say are the first one and then V I want to say but it is hard to see in the image. A Cyber Dragoon and some Driger and Draciels I will have to find a way to post images of the bundle but they will be here next Monday so hoping to go all mad scientist and make a good Dragoon as he is my all time fav from the original series/gen of Beyblade cause 1. Dragon Beyblade and 2. Nostalgia.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - th!nk - Jul. 28, 2021

There aren't really stationary attackers in Plastics. You need to be moving fast to have the momentum to KO things - if stationary attack was functional there would be little reason to use these fast but hard to control flat rubber tips. If you have a Galeon and seaborg you can probably make a very nasty high power attack type assuming that's the Gaia dragoon with the sub ring that looks like two huge aerofoils. Send pictures when you have everything and we'll see what cool stuff we can come up with for ya 😁

Also if you need a hand IDing the lot don't be afraid to post pics and we'll help out here or in the plastics q&a/random thoughts thread - I get notifications for that one.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - DragonLord95 - Jul. 28, 2021

(Jul. 28, 2021  9:57 AM)th!nk Wrote: There aren't really stationary attackers in Plastics. You need to be moving fast to have the momentum to KO things - if stationary attack was functional there would be little reason to use these fast but hard to control flat rubber tips. If you have a Galeon and seaborg you can probably make a very nasty high power attack type assuming that's the Gaia dragoon with the sub ring that looks like two huge aerofoils. Send pictures when you have everything and we'll see what cool stuff we can come up with for ya 😁

Also if you need a hand IDing the lot don't be afraid to post pics and we'll help out here or in the plastics q&a/random thoughts thread - I get notifications for that one.

I will trust me! There is a Seaborg and that is the Gaia Dragoon in question haha so we can make an interesting combo Smile. Just got to find out how to post pics from my phone lol so then what do ya think for a regular attack type with some survivability or LAD like a sort of plastic Gen L Drago or any Longinus with a Destroy' haha minus the glass cannon bit.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - th!nk - Jul. 28, 2021

The closest thing to rage destroy/drift in MFB is probably
AR: Master/Kids Dragoon
WD: Wide Defense (Could use Ten Wide)
SG: Left Shells (any main line dragoon) with Dranzer S Casings and Driger F Shaft and a shielded ball bearing (Wolborg, Wolborg 2, Burning Kerberous, Metal Dragoon Bearing Stinger)
BB: Wolborg 2
Or
SP: Voltaic Ape
BB: Dragoon V2

Little bit of work to get the hang of but yeah.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - DragonLord95 - Jul. 29, 2021

(Jul. 28, 2021  5:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: The closest thing to rage destroy/drift in MFB is probably
SG: Left Shells (any main line dragoon) with Dranzer S Casings and Driger F Shaft and a shielded ball bearing (Wolborg, Wolborg 2, Burning Kerberous, Metal Dragoon Bearing Stinger)
Or

Looks like all I might need is the casings maybe and a Master then Wolborg 2 how do I post images on here it might help show ya what all I got comin in Smile.

RE: plastic Gen 1 Dragoon combo - th!nk - Aug. 01, 2021

(Jul. 29, 2021  8:30 PM)DragonLord95 Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2021  5:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: The closest thing to rage destroy/drift in MFB is probably
Or

Looks like all I might need is the casings maybe and a Master then Wolborg 2 how do I post images on here it might help show ya what all I got comin in Smile.

Personally I would just upload to Imgur and post the link but if you want to show them on the forum you can use the bbcode tags from Imgur and put that in a post.