World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V (/Thread-Product-B-34-Starter-Victory-Valkyrie-B-V)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Tyler Le - Mar. 01, 2016

(Mar. 01, 2016  4:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Essentially the official picture:

[Image: nynVSzv.jpg]

The blue wings somehow reminds me of painted metal lol. Thanks for the pics Kai-V
I reminds me much of Galaxy Pegasis for some reason

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Jinbee - Mar. 01, 2016

(Mar. 01, 2016  4:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Essentially the official picture:

[Image: nynVSzv.jpg]

Thanks Kai-V! Looks cool but I swear one of the wings always looks like it goes further outwards.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Bey Brad - Mar. 01, 2016

I think that's just the angle combined with the fact that the wings are actually slanted upwards.

Looks great.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Jinbee - Mar. 01, 2016

(Mar. 01, 2016  5:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think that's just the angle combined with the fact that the wings are actually slanted upwards.

Looks great.

Ah! Now I see it.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - BeyCrafter - Mar. 01, 2016

I'm very excited for this bey!!! It'll replace my old worn Valkyrie layer if its any good. Which it might, but we don't know yet.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Ultra - Mar. 01, 2016

Just having really looked at it now it doesn't look like it will be great since all the protrusions look like they would work in left rather than right spin. Either way looks awesome though.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Kei - Mar. 02, 2016

(Mar. 01, 2016  8:58 PM)Ultra Wrote: Just having really looked at it now it doesn't look like it will be great since all the protrusions look like they would work in left rather than right spin. Either way looks awesome though.

Beyblades have been like that and have still been good in the past, though (Blitz comes to mind). Mind you, I'm thinking about MFB in particular and that was metal so maybe since we are dealing with plastic again that could change how such protrusions perform when facing the "wrong" direction.

In any case, if the Victory Valkyrie protrusions were flipped, it would have way too much recoil, just like a lot of Plastic generation Beyblades did; and I don't think that would work well especially with the Burst mechanic of this generation.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Kai-V - Mar. 02, 2016

Plus, we have to trust that they tested this design extensively before finalising it, so it should not flop right on release hah.

Thank you Tyler Le and J.I.N.B.E.E!.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Flame~Capricorn - Mar. 02, 2016

(Mar. 02, 2016  11:56 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Plus, we have to trust that they tested this design extensively before finalising it, so it should not flop right on release hah.

yeah, just like they did with horusood spread edge.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Bey Brad - Mar. 02, 2016

Wish I had more time to actually label an illustration of Victory Valkyrie, but I don't, so I'll just say I have high hopes for it. Lots of areas in the Layer appear to be designed to draw opposing contact points in, with the goal being to use the force of movement against them and burst the opponent.

There's also the fact that the various sharp edges in this design — most notably, at the very tip of its most prominent spikes — should apply a higher amount of pressure than the same force distributed over a wider spike (like Valkyrie's).

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - smash attacker - Mar. 04, 2016

The new driver is cool

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Kai-V - Mar. 05, 2016

(Mar. 04, 2016  11:31 PM)smash attacker Wrote: SEE I CALLED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your claim that it would have a mode switch gimmick is still wrong...?

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Beylon - Mar. 05, 2016

(Mar. 02, 2016  11:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Wish I had more time to actually label an illustration of Victory Valkyrie, but I don't, so I'll just say I have high hopes for it. Lots of areas in the Layer appear to be designed to draw opposing contact points in, with the goal being to use the force of movement against them and burst the opponent.

There's also the fact that the various sharp edges in this design — most notably, at the very tip of its most prominent spikes — should apply a higher amount of pressure than the same force distributed over a wider spike (like Valkyrie's).

All good points. Certainly a step in the right direction, far as I'm concerned. The more Burst moves toward this kind of performance-based design theory, the more I'll be attracted to the basic idea. Now if only... Metal.

#addictedtometal

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Bey Brad - Mar. 05, 2016

Metal in Burst is just a bad idea, even if you ignore the (flagrant) safety concerns.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Beylon - Mar. 05, 2016

Without some seriously bloated discs, metal Burst would also be physically impossible, far as I can tell. And even with a metal layer and bloated disc, you wouldn't see explosions like you do now - the momentum would be lost to gravity and you'd end up with little more than a Metal Fight knockout. That in itself is probably reason enough to never combine metal and burst - but I don't believe safety really factors into that equation, considering we've survived so many years of brutal metal-based combat already.

Still, a metal version of this layer would conceivably work well in a Metal Fight scenario; primarily because it appears to accentuate performance features lacking in current burst designs. I guess that's getting off topic?

(Mar. 05, 2016  5:02 AM)Beylon Wrote: but I don't believe safety really factors into that equation, considering we've survived so many years of brutal metal-based combat already.

I think that situation changes when metal parts are flying out of the stadium at high speed. :')

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Jinbee - Mar. 05, 2016

(Mar. 05, 2016  2:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2016  5:02 AM)Beylon Wrote: but I don't believe safety really factors into that equation, considering we've survived so many years of brutal metal-based combat already.

I think that situation changes when metal parts are flying out of the stadium at high speed. :')

I think if the Layer is aggressively designed enough, flying plastic can be mildly dangerous too. Heh, imagine those giant fake Weight Disks as Burst Disks.

Haha, definitely. But we're talking about a quadruple the weight, probably.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - 1234beyblade - Mar. 05, 2016

(Feb. 29, 2016  8:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote: A side and colour picture of .B.V from the end-of-month CoroCoro, posted on Twitter:

The rubber is black? And the shape is very weird, with steps?

Jesus, what even is that. If that's actually rubber it will wear out in like 10 launches, RDF (wear wise) of burst.

Yeah, was my thought as well, though surely that had occurred to them ...? We'll see.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - BeyCrafter - Mar. 05, 2016

(Mar. 05, 2016  4:57 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Feb. 29, 2016  8:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote: A side and colour picture of .B.V from the end-of-month CoroCoro, posted on Twitter:

The rubber is black? And the shape is very weird, with steps?

Jesus, what even is that. If that's actually rubber it will wear out in like 10 launches, RDF (wear wise) of burst.

Oh my goodness, that looks awesome and weird! How its performance goes is the real question.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - smash attacker - Mar. 06, 2016

(Mar. 05, 2016  12:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2016  11:31 PM)smash attacker Wrote: SEE I CALLED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your claim that it would have a mode switch gimmick is still wrong...?

I meant in that post it look like FGrin (final drive) so when I saw it I just post, plus it looks like gears in the driver Dumb Rimshot

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Kai-V - Mar. 06, 2016

It does not look like Final Drive either... And there are no gears, that is probably just the rubber inside the Driver to make sure it does not just fall off.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Achi-baba - Mar. 06, 2016

(Mar. 05, 2016  5:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah, was my thought as well, though surely that had occurred to them ...? We'll see.

Isn't black rubber more durable? That's why we don't have whitewall tires IIRC.

RE: B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V - Kai-V - Mar. 06, 2016

Hm, after some research, it is true, but it is not the rubber that is better: they inject carbon in it, which gives off that black colour. It always sounds weird when I read people say that transparent or gold plastic is more fragile, or in this case that a different colour of rubber is more resistant: chemically, you are talking about the same thing, so there has to be something else added or removed from it to make it different hah.