World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General Writing Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General Writing Thread (/Thread-General-Writing-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: General Writing Thread - Temporal - Aug. 12, 2011

Hah, that's kinda sad. My plate is totally full right now, Where the Angel Sings is turning out great! I'm thinking of making Chapter 8 more about Iin's family that Chapter 7. I mean, I'm DEFINITELY going to do more with the Sora no Otishimono parody that is Iin's mother, but I really want to focus on Ian, Iin's little brother. (The fact that he was mentioned in Chapter 6 helps that idea a lot.)

Kicking back, writing and watching anime between breaks. Paradise.

RE: General Writing Thread - Sparta - Aug. 14, 2011

Ugh, need to update SK. Tell me what you guys think when I do so!

EDIT: LUCKY. I'm cramped on a small chair, eating a stale calzone Unhappy

RE: General Writing Thread - Temporal - Aug. 14, 2011

Still plugging away on WtAS, and I recently had an idea. I posted the teaser yesterday, and frankly, I like the idea of someone out to get the main character. Of course, it will only last two or three chapters, I don't want fighitng to take over. Something I noticed. Normally, 40 pages means I'm winding down. I'm not even done with the first week of the school year in Where the Angel Sings, and I just hit page 40.

RE: General Writing Thread - .:J:. - Aug. 14, 2011

hhm, i'm thinking of writing an interesting discussion of my bey, i'm entering the design a bey competition

RE: General Writing Thread - Temporal - Aug. 16, 2011

I am, quite apparently, a glutton for punishment. I started on another book, though I don't have a title yet. It will, again, be a life-based book, much like Where the Angel Sings, but it will be based in science fiction. I'll post a few paragraphs when I get the chance.

RE: General Writing Thread - NoodooSoup - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  7:05 PM)Temporal Wrote: I am, quite apparently, a glutton for punishment. I started on another book, though I don't have a title yet. It will, again, be a life-based book, much like Where the Angel Sings, but it will be based in science fiction. I'll post a few paragraphs when I get the chance.

I have a Science Fiction story, probably my favorite story I've thought of Eee I <3 Science, there's just so many possibilities.

RE: General Writing Thread - Temporal - Aug. 16, 2011

Ah! I thought of a title! "Corporeal". How does that sound to you guys?

RE: General Writing Thread - Sparta - Aug. 17, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  7:38 PM)Temporal Wrote: Ah! I thought of a title! "Corporeal". How does that sound to you guys?

Is that even a word?

Sounds cool, though. Better be a concept in the book...

OhMyGosh, I still haven't updated SK. I need to get in that!

RE: General Writing Thread - TITAN - Aug. 17, 2011

I haven't been able to write lately on account of life. Stupid non-writing life! I need to do what Sparta's doing and focus on one story. And maybe eat some stale calzones.

RE: General Writing Thread - Temporal - Aug. 17, 2011

(Aug. 17, 2011  12:14 AM)Sparta Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  7:38 PM)Temporal Wrote: Ah! I thought of a title! "Corporeal". How does that sound to you guys?

Is that even a word?

Sounds cool, though. Better be a concept in the book...

OhMyGosh, I still haven't updated SK. I need to get in that!

Actually, yes. It means solid, able to affect one's surroundings in a physical way.

RE: General Writing Thread - Temporal - Aug. 18, 2011

Concept found! Corporeal will explore a question again, like "Broken". Is being lazy and stupid the same thing? Do grades mean everything? Why the hell is Canada so cold!? (Minor idea. Not really a concept, just a funny thought.) I might post the prologue here so I can get some feedback.

RE: General Writing Thread - Sparta - Aug. 18, 2011

(Aug. 18, 2011  8:36 PM)Temporal Wrote: Concept found! Corporeal will explore a question again, like "Broken". Is being lazy and stupid the same thing? Do grades mean everything? Why the hell is Canada so cold!? (Minor idea. Not really a concept, just a funny thought.) I might post the prologue here so I can get some feedback.

1)Yes

2) For my parents

3) Only go-Haruhi knows XD.

Post it! Sounds cool.

...I think you just indirectly called me stupid, hah. On that note: Talk to the 3.4 GPA, I'll just cram the night before.
Well, here it is. The prologue to "Corporeal".

RE: General Writing Thread - Sparta - Aug. 18, 2011

(Aug. 18, 2011  8:56 PM)Temporal Wrote: ...I think you just indirectly called me stupid, hah. On that note: Talk to the 3.4 GPA, I'll just cram the night before.
Well, here it is. The prologue to "Corporeal".

....Woah. Interesting, but I have no idea what the avatar system is. Please tell me it's not related to the movie by James Cameron. Smile

I still can't get a feel for what each of them look like. Maybe try to put that in somewhere?

Also, you used way too many commas in the first sentence. After reading it over a few times, I can't be sure what to replace with a semi-colon, but I know one has to go.

EDIT: I found out what to do and fixed it. It's in bold.

Hah, I'll try to break that one up. Nice catch.

And hell no, I am NOT basing ANYTHING off of "Avatar"... I hated that movie. Actually, it has more to do with the first theme, hence the references to school. Lazy versus Stupid.

I don't think I could describe a BABY, it'd be annoying to have to redo it later, wouldn't it? I just re-vamped it with descriptions, I'll post when I'm done... Hell, once I get through this next chapter, I'll make a thread for it.
Okay, fixed.

RE: General Writing Thread - CyberBlader27 - Aug. 19, 2011

(Aug. 18, 2011  9:09 PM)Temporal Wrote: Hah, I'll try to break that one up. Nice catch.

And hell no, I am NOT basing ANYTHING off of "Avatar"... I hated that movie. Actually, it has more to do with the first theme, hence the references to school. Lazy versus Stupid.

I don't think I could describe a BABY, it'd be annoying to have to redo it later, wouldn't it? I just re-vamped it with descriptions, I'll post when I'm done... Hell, once I get through this next chapter, I'll make a thread for it.
Okay, fixed.
Nice job, Temporal. I still don't understand the avatar system...
Also, I didn't like Avatar (the movie) either.

RE: General Writing Thread - NoodooSoup - Aug. 19, 2011

It's good, but maybe you should change the name of the Avatar system. Too many people (not me) are quick to make assumptions and assume you either used or were inspired by the movie. Look at The Last Airbender movie, they had to take out the Avatar part out of the title for that reason (and others, but that's not the point.)

RE: General Writing Thread - Temporal - Aug. 19, 2011

Fair enough. I may change it to the "Reflection System".

RE: General Writing Thread - T. L-Drago 9207 - Aug. 19, 2011

I've set up Chapter 4 of Beyblade VS Battle Strikers yesterday for everyone's viewing pleasure.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade-VS-Battle-Strikers--37675?page=3

RE: General Writing Thread - Vintage - Aug. 27, 2011

Hmm...needing some help. I'm not sure whether to make my adventure story mainstream and have a bunch of battles and action, or make it non-mainstream, instead having some kind of trial setting, which I haven't thought of yet. :\

RE: General Writing Thread - Sparta - Aug. 27, 2011

(Aug. 27, 2011  4:15 AM)Vintage Wrote: Hmm...needing some help. I'm not sure whether to make my adventure story mainstream and have a bunch of battles and action, or make it non-mainstream, instead having some kind of trial setting, which I haven't thought of yet. :\

That's something totally up to you. I would try to go as out-of-the-ordinary as possible, so it stands out; but that's just me.

RE: General Writing Thread - TITAN - Aug. 27, 2011

I've got writer's block. And no better time than when you've got a poem due on Monday and who knows how many stories on the internet.

RE: General Writing Thread - Vintage - Aug. 27, 2011

(Aug. 27, 2011  4:21 AM)Sparta Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:15 AM)Vintage Wrote: Hmm...needing some help. I'm not sure whether to make my adventure story mainstream and have a bunch of battles and action, or make it non-mainstream, instead having some kind of trial setting, which I haven't thought of yet. :\

That's something totally up to you. I would try to go as out-of-the-ordinary as possible, so it stands out; but that's just me.

Hmm, that's what I'm attempting to do... I can give the battles something extra to make it less mainstream... Ah, maybe a mix of both? I dunno, I always get writers block around this section of my story's. Tired

RE: General Writing Thread - Temporal - Aug. 27, 2011

Thankfully, my writer's block finally passed, but it took about a week. I just got back to working on WtAS, but 10th grade is harder than I thought. Geez, we got slapped with an essay from day one.

RE: General Writing Thread - .:J:. - Aug. 29, 2011

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Nwolf-s-new-story-Senpuujin

my new story, if anyone read drahelix is born then this is the sequel, but i'm having some trouble, should i change the name of the bey as it's called senpuujin, or leave it? also Arix comes back, and he's way more mature, since it's been 3 months since he left, and finally some kick-butt action! (would say kick-A** but dunno if it's allowed)