World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! (/Thread-METAL-FIGHT-BEYBLADE-It-s-here)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Guardian Odin - Aug. 29, 2008

(Aug. 29, 2008  9:44 PM)Spinster Wrote: Just got my first MFB today. Bull. It's true, the launcher isn't nearly as powerful as a HMS Dual Shooter. Additionally, it's looking like spin direction is determined both by the shooter AND the AR. Looking at the underside of Bull's AR, there's no way a left spin shooter would be able to hook into it, at least the way the shooter's prongs are currently designed. There's a metal wall that would block the hooks on the shooter prongs from latching to the thing. The other interesting aspect is that it's nearly impossible to hook the blade in without having a winder in the thing. The whole approach to this series seems very holistic. The blade and shooter act wholly in union. I'll be very curious to see how my others will perform when they arrive, and how this series will develop in the upcoming releases.

How intriguing. It seems to be somewhat of a double-edged sword. On the bright side, they can control what spins in what direction to make things more fair, but honestly I don't really see how that really does much. Feh. I don't know. I hope it turns out well.

PS: When I said "double-edged", I kept writing "douche-edged". Hell, I just did it again.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - ChozenBlader - Aug. 29, 2008

It seems that the launcher is a let down with MFB, regressing to something similar to the EZShooter. That really is a shame.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Grey - Aug. 29, 2008

(Aug. 29, 2008  2:04 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Doesn't Wolf have some serious smash potential? It really doesn't look like a survival wheel at all to me.
Yeah, I don't know where people are getting that Wolf is a survival wheel. Just because it's a Wolf (like Wolborg) doesn't automatically make it a survival-type.

(Aug. 29, 2008  2:04 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2008  2:04 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Doesn't Wolf have some serious smash potential? It really doesn't look like a survival wheel at all to me.

In left spin, but there isn't a left spin shooter yet.

Or, like what Spinster wrote, a Left-Spin Wheel. Spin direction is now dependant on the Wheel.
Which makes no sense, because Wheels like Wolf's and Bull's have smash potential in left-spin. Why do something like that if the Wheel can only be right-spin?

___
I ended up getting my MFBs from Ideal today. Bull Starter and Leo booster. I never expected there to be so little resistance in the Shooter when launching, and it's weaker shoot really bugs me after being used to HMS Dual Shooters.
I also never expected the metal to be so soft. I have barely used Bull at all and already there are knicks and dents in the Wheel. The Wheel looks durable in pictures, but in battle, I'd say it's softer than HMS's metal.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Kei - Aug. 29, 2008

(Aug. 29, 2008  9:44 PM)Spinster Wrote: Just got my first MFB today. Bull. It's true, the launcher isn't nearly as powerful as a HMS Dual Shooter. Additionally, it's looking like spin direction is determined both by the shooter AND the AR. Looking at the underside of Bull's AR, there's no way a left spin shooter would be able to hook into it, at least the way the shooter's prongs are currently designed. There's a metal wall that would block the hooks on the shooter prongs from latching to the thing.

I've noticed this as well. It is the same on all of the other Wheels. I really can't understand some of these design choices Takara-Tomy has made; they're really disappointing.

(Aug. 29, 2008  2:04 AM)Evan Wrote:

In left spin, but there isn't a left spin shooter yet.

Maybe they will released the left spin shooter with Wolf?

(Aug. 29, 2008  10:50 PM)Grey Wrote: and it's weaker shoot really bugs me after being used to HMS Dual Shooters.
I also never expected the metal to be so soft. I have barely used Bull at all and already there are knicks and dents in the Wheel. The Wheel looks durable in pictures, but in battle, I'd say it's softer than HMS's metal.

This is SO annoying when you do HMS vs. MFB battles. I hate how it feels launching a HMS and immediately after, a MFB.

Yeah, all of my Wheels have also gotten quite a few knicks and dents. The metal used for HMS has to be different from that used for MFB.

flashfox, here are those tip comparison pictures you requested:

Flat
[Image: tipcomparisonjw1.th.jpg]

Flat Core
[Image: tipcomparison2fz0.th.jpg]

Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode
[Image: tipcomparison3hg7.th.jpg]

Grip Flat Core
[Image: tipcomparison4wm3.th.jpg]

Manual Change Core
[Image: tipcomparison5pk4.th.jpg]

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Guardian Odin - Aug. 29, 2008

Wow, the metal is softer. This is really starting to seriously disappoint me.

Maybe the metal is softer to make them appear more violent. As if they are strong enough to dent each other severely.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - B - Aug. 30, 2008

I think i need to get at least 1 hms now lol

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Elmo - Aug. 30, 2008

It also looks like the lack of CWD makes the MFB seem less balanced...

Glad I got sum HMS Grin

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Synesthesia - Aug. 30, 2008

(Aug. 29, 2008  11:58 PM)Anubis Wrote: Wow, the metal is softer. This is really starting to seriously disappoint me.

Maybe the metal is softer to make them appear more violent. As if they are strong enough to dent each other severely.

It would make more sense if they made the metal softer to absorb impact better, or something like that.

Either way, MFB are sounding really disappointing now.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Grey - Aug. 30, 2008

Thing is, the Metal is rather thin. Under the biggest part of Bull's Wheel (the Highest part of the wings), it's hollowed out. It looks actually kind of fragile, but I guess the softness really helps with durability.

I guess that a redesigned Wheel, with hard metal on the outer part (such as the Wings of the Wheel) and soft metal on the inner part (closest to the Wha-I mean, Face) would help, right? Or would that just make the Wheel weaker?

I would say get MFB just to have it. MFB seems to have a lot of flaws (the fixed spin direction of the Wheels, the softness of the metal, the Shooter), but it's not all terrible.

They don't have issues with balance (although Bull can't balance on a Flat Tip when the spin stops, unlike Pegasis), really, since all of the weight for the Wheels so far has been pretty equal (again, unlike Bull, which seems to have less overall weight distribution and more equal weight on either side).

The Shooter is rather disappointing, yes, but that can't be helped. A longer (straightened) winder really helps, as well as a faster pull. I would suggest a Dragon Winder (with the Dragon Head sideways) that has been straightened.
I actually like the MFB shooters, despite the obvious difference in power between them and the HMS shooters. The smooth feeling as the winder moves through the Shooter is nice.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Bey Brad - Aug. 30, 2008

I think the softer metal was a good move. The harder the metal is, the more brittle it is ... I can see parts breaking a lot if they used a harder metal.

I'm still curious about the other Shooter we've seen.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Nolongeractive - Aug. 30, 2008

I sitll havent gotten my MFB's yet....I have Wolf and Leo on preorder =/ Wolf does sound like a really good one though!

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Gotruto - Aug. 30, 2008

I have a feeling that i wont get MFB from toywiz until the end of September...

PS: The MFB will still be cool.

(Aug. 30, 2008  12:39 AM)Gotruto Wrote: I have a feeling that i wont get MFB from toywiz until the end of September...

PS: The MFB will still be cool.

Save time and go to Ideal. I ordered mine from Ideal on Sunday, got them today, five days later.

I didn't know that weird propeller thing was even a shooter, I have no idea how the hell that thing could work.
Who knows, maybe it'll be stronger than the MFB shooter. *shrugs*

It looks like a string and the "propeller" (lol) is the handle.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Gotruto - Aug. 30, 2008

Could you post a link to Ideal? And is there a way to get my money back from Toywiz?

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - bugturtles - Aug. 30, 2008

(Aug. 30, 2008  12:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think the softer metal was a good move. The harder the metal is, the more brittle it is ... I can see parts breaking a lot if they used a harder metal.

At least the softer metal gives it a battle scar look.

However, what should be the line between legal and illegal if it has too many and alters performance?

(Aug. 30, 2008  12:53 AM)bugturtles Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2008  12:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think the softer metal was a good move. The harder the metal is, the more brittle it is ... I can see parts breaking a lot if they used a harder metal.

However, what should be the line between legal and illegal if it has too many and alters performance?

That would take a pretty big carp dent.

(Aug. 30, 2008  12:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It looks like a string and the "propeller" (lol) is the handle.
Wow, that thing would be really odd to hold. Unless you mean "handle" for the Beyblade, which I don't think you do.

(Aug. 30, 2008  12:50 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Could you post a link to Ideal? And is there a way to get my money back from Toywiz?
http://www.ideal808.com/default.asp

Just cancel the order, I guess. You should contact Toywiz about it.
(Aug. 30, 2008  12:53 AM)bugturtles Wrote:

I wondered about this, too. It seems like enough knicks in Bull's Wheel would really hinder Upper Attack.

I wonder if these things were really meant for battle against previous Beyblades, as dumb as that sounds. I wouldn't use them against HMS, since the hard metal would really destroy the soft metal.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - James - Aug. 30, 2008

Well, I'm still going to buy at least on MFB no matter what.

Even if the metal is pretty soft. How soft is it? is it soft like lead? Or is it just soft enough to get dented and scared?

Maybe, if MFB doesn't do that good takara (yay I corrected my self! ) will realize that HMS and the plastics were better.

P.S. I found another beyblade making my colection 2! =D I found a Dragoon GT, overall how would you rate that?

(Aug. 30, 2008  1:32 AM)James Wrote: Well, I'm still going to buy at least on MFB no matter what.

Even if the metal is pretty soft. How soft is it? is it soft like lead? Or is it just soft enough to get dented and scared?

Maybe, if MFB doesn't do that good takara (yay I corrected my self! ) will realize that HMS and the plastics were better.

P.S. I found another beyblade making my colection 2! =D I found a Dragoon GT, overall how would you rate that?

The metal isn't soft enough to be able to move when you pinch it, but it gets dented easily. Don't get me wrong; the Wheels aren't extremely flexible. In fact, they aren't flexible period. They're just made to absorb shock since there's no plastic in these, unlike the HMS ARs.

I dunno about Dragoon GT. It's apparently pretty fast.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - James - Aug. 30, 2008

(Aug. 30, 2008  1:39 AM)Grey Wrote: I dunno about Dragoon GT. It's apparently pretty fast.

Well, It is pretty fast... though I find it doesn't have allot of endurance. and my galman combo steals it's spin since it's left.

Well lets get back on topic.

What if they used that new metal that reverts to it's origonal shape when put in Hot water O.o that would be awsome!

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - B - Aug. 30, 2008

Leo seems to be good. it keeps beating pegasus in a tornado balance type stadium. and it spins for sooooo long compared to the others. now i see why its so high up though, if it gets off balance when its low then your done Uncertain maybe try a flat tip?

Kei, can we get some comparison shots of MFB with HMS and plastic?

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Kei - Aug. 30, 2008

(Aug. 30, 2008  4:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Kei, can we get some comparison shots of MFB with HMS and plastic?

Sure. But, do you mean like side by side photos?

Pictures of them together, assembled, disassembled, etc.