World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
The Official WBO Writing Tournament Thread-Next Tournament Announced! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: The Official WBO Writing Tournament Thread-Next Tournament Announced! (/Thread-The-Official-WBO-Writing-Tournament-Thread-Next-Tournament-Announced)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - sarabs3 - Jul. 02, 2011

how to sign up ????

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Sparta - Jul. 02, 2011

(Jul. 02, 2011  5:28 PM)sarabs3 Wrote: how to sign up ????

You have to fly to mars, take DNA samples of martians, bring them to Obama, let him lecture you about the dangers of space (like he knows anything...), get the cash he will give you for the DNA, and give it to me.

Or, if you really want, you can take the harder road and post on this thread. But, as a personal choice, I like the martian DNA better.

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - sarabs3 - Jul. 02, 2011

how to sign up ????

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Sparta - Jul. 02, 2011

(Jul. 02, 2011  5:33 PM)sarabs3 Wrote: how to sign up ????

I JUST ANSWERED THIS. Are you blind, perchance?

Just post on this thread "I want to sign up".

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Temporal - Jul. 02, 2011

(Jul. 02, 2011  4:50 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2011  7:45 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: Hah, you sound like you think you're doing someone a favor by joining. (That's just me, though.)

I know DrigerMV pretty well (As in best friend), so I'm really hoping I get to face him. That being said, he's probably an even better writer than me, and I'll probably lose.

It was a reference to the wording. In most anime, a character says that EXACT SAME thing when they are asked to do something they don't want to. Not dissing his ability. I don't roll that way. Besides, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't join unless they had SOME talent in the first place. (Wait... Oh, damn. Okay, now I really wanna take this guy on!)

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Blitz Unicorno - Jul. 02, 2011

I'll sign up too.

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Ninja Crab - Jul. 02, 2011

Put me in! although is it like a short story or can it chapters of a book your working on?

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Sparta - Jul. 03, 2011

(Jul. 02, 2011  10:51 PM)@wesome Wrote: Put me in! although is it like a short story or can it chapters of a book your working on?

You'll be randomly assigned a topic, and will have to write about it in a maximum of 3 paragraphs.

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - NoodooSoup - Jul. 03, 2011

(Jul. 02, 2011  3:14 AM)Sparta Wrote: If Noodoo is in, the total count of participants is 22. I need an even amount or someone will get a by.

Well, I guess I'm in then! Tongue_out I just hope I get a topic I can actually write about, as my meager skills are limited. Confused

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Sparta - Jul. 03, 2011

(Jul. 03, 2011  2:49 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2011  3:14 AM)Sparta Wrote: If Noodoo is in, the total count of participants is 22. I need an even amount or someone will get a by.

Well, I guess I'm in then! Tongue_out I just hope I get a topic I can actually write about, as my meager skills are limited. Confused

Haha, ok. You're in, and the count is around 26!

EDIT: With noodoo, it's actually 33 Tired...go figure

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Temporal - Jul. 03, 2011

Hah, what bad luck... Someone else will join by Monday, I'm sure.

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Ninja Crab - Jul. 03, 2011

(Jul. 03, 2011  2:45 AM)Sparta Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2011  10:51 PM)@wesome Wrote: Put me in! although is it like a short story or can it chapters of a book your working on?

You'll be randomly assigned a topic, and will have to write about it in a maximum of 3 paragraphs.

Ah well in that case... IM STILL IN! sounds fun, i luv writing storys

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Cygnus - Jul. 03, 2011

I can't wait it is going to be great!

(Jul. 03, 2011  12:55 PM)BurnBlader Wrote: I can't wait it is going to be great!

I agree. I just wish Deikailo would join, I'd really like to battle her...

Still, we have so many people signed up. I didn't expect this big of a turnout, but I'm happy it's as big as it is.

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Deikailo - Jul. 03, 2011

What would everyone be writing about?

(Jul. 03, 2011  9:54 PM)Deikailo Wrote: What would everyone be writing about?

A random topic I will pick out of my fedora. It's the same with the opponent you face (as in I'll pick two names out of a hat, and those two people will face each other. Sorry if that was confusing).

I'll try to pick general topics that are easy to write about so no one person will have an advantage over the other.

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - ƛnubis - Jul. 03, 2011

Im in tyhis.

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Deikailo - Jul. 03, 2011

(Jul. 03, 2011  9:55 PM)Sparta Wrote:

A random topic I will pick out of my fedora. It's the same with your opponent.

I'll try to pick general topics that are easy to write about so no one person will have an advantage over the other.
Since everyone knows about Beyblade, it would probably be best to do a tournament based on that. You could run it like this:

Each "battle" is to write a page (whatever equates to a page typed in Microsoft Word or Open Office). For every round you advance in, you add a page to your story. Each round has a different segment requirement to the story, maybe something like this:

Page 1: Introduce Main Character
Page 2: Introduce Adversary
Page 3: The First Challenge
Page 4: Blader Spirit
Page 5: A Major Lose
Page 6: Recovery
Page 7: A Race
Page 8: Fight for Friendship
Etc.

Each page gets a theme and it's up to the writer to interpret that theme. It starts out basic and themes get harder as you announce them.

For example, I can interpret "A Major Lose" as the Main Character winning a tournament by cheating. (S)he wins the tournament, but loses his/her friends. Or it can be a loss of interest in Beyblade. It doesn't have to be a beybattle, but a theme that ties in Beyblade and losing.

The only thing we all have in common here is English and Beyblade so it's probably best to work with that.

*shrug* my two cents.

I think it's awesome that you got so many people to compete, by the way. Great job and good idea! Smile

(Jul. 03, 2011  10:06 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2011  9:55 PM)Sparta Wrote:

A random topic I will pick out of my fedora. It's the same with your opponent.

*Deikailo's idea for the tournament*

I think it's awesome that you got so many people to compete, by the way. Great job and good idea! Smile
I think you're right: it would be best for the tournament to focus on beyblade. This is the WBO, after all Joyful_2

I'm a little worried about the page idea. It looks good, but I can't help but think someone could copy a different person's idea, or maybe even plagiarize completely.

Not likely, but I also wanted this to improve on improvisational skills, whereas the competitors have no idea what they have to write about. They should be able to take any idea and work with it. That makes a good writer, too. Besides, they could start working on their entry before the battles even begin, giving them a huge advantage (time is everything!).

By the way, you'll compete, won't you *puppy dog face*? Pweeeeease?

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - KCPJ - Jul. 03, 2011

hehe,already finished my story

Not really. You can introduce each page theme as you go along. You can even put in something like "Hot Dogs and Hamburger Buns" and they have to find a way to tie that into an ongoing story and still have it relate to Beyblade. Of course, if they only have "Hot Dogs and Hamburger Buns" as a theme for one out of their five paragraphs, clearly they are not incorporating the theme correctly.

Then it gets to the point of how the hell can you relate hot dogs and hamburger buns to Beyblade while continually progressing your story line? Now that's creativity.

I can't, I'm sorry. I'm incredibly busy at the moment. I'll probably be leaving the community for a while for personal reasons, as a matter of fact.

(Jul. 03, 2011  10:24 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Not really. You can introduce each page theme as you go along. You can even put in something like "Hot Dogs and Hamburger Buns" and they have to find a way to tie that into an ongoing story and still have it relate to Beyblade. Of course, if they only have "Hot Dogs and Hamburger Buns" as a theme for one out of their five paragraphs, clearly they are not incorporating the theme correctly.

Then it gets to the point of how the hell can you relate hot dogs and hamburger buns to Beyblade while continually progressing your story line? Now that's creativity.

I can't, I'm sorry. I'm incredibly busy at the moment. I'll probably be leaving the community for a while for personal reasons, as a matter of fact.

Oh, that's ok. Well, good luck with whatever it is Smile

And I see your point. It makes sense, and it's very down to earth. Ok, that's a good idea. I'll change the OP.

Score! 8)

Will love to see how wacky these stories get when I return... or intense, who knows?

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - Ninja Crab - Jul. 03, 2011

Do we hav to PM u the story or just put it here or wat?

RE: The Official WBO Writing tournament! Who is the best of them all? Sign up on this thread by July 10! - TenshouTsubasa - Jul. 04, 2011

The tournament is already started?