World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Anime and Manga (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Anime-and-Manga)
+--- Thread: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade (/Thread-Original-Beyblade-V-S-Metal-Fight-Beyblade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - miztechwizard - Nov. 08, 2011

Not that i hate the new series and all, but the characters are pretty shallow. I could totally imagine the metal fusion series without Benkei, Tetsuya, Ryutarou or even Kenta.
Gingka himself is in his third season and never developed one bit from the kid character who burns his spirit to fight. I never liked Tyson at all, but if we're going to compare, he developed from some random kid to a sportsman with real sportsman psychological issues.

Besides that i have to agree that metal fusion have some pretty interesting fighting techniques, sad that i already know that Gingka wins every battle anyway (predictable plot).

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dude - Nov. 08, 2011

(Nov. 08, 2011  9:07 PM)miztechwizard Wrote: sportsman with real sportsman psychological issues.

It's been a while since I've watched the original series, but...what psychological issues did Takao have, exactly?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - bulbasup - Nov. 08, 2011

(Nov. 08, 2011  9:25 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2011  9:07 PM)miztechwizard Wrote: sportsman with real sportsman psychological issues.

It's been a while since I've watched the original series, but...what psychological issues did Takao have, exactly?
i think hes taking about the part in Grev when tyson kept on thinking he shoulld never lose or something cause hes world champion

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - miztechwizard - Nov. 08, 2011

(Nov. 08, 2011  10:45 PM)bulbasup Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2011  9:25 PM)Dude Wrote:

i think hes taking about the part in Grev when tyson kept on thinking he shoulld never lose or something cause hes world champion

Yup, Pretty much it. I've been upset like that in a time i played team volleyball, so i know it is very real condition.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Nov. 08, 2011

To me that still does not compare to Hikaru's trauma, Tsubasa's sudden split personality and Kyouya's completely different response all to the same situation : getting thoroughly defeated by Ryuuga.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Hazel - Nov. 08, 2011

If I got beaten at spinning tops by a guy with that much mascara waving around what is aesthetically the second least threatening Beyblade ever, I'd be pretty upset too, though.

Takao just kind of took it to a very, very unrealistic level.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - miztechwizard - Nov. 09, 2011

(Nov. 08, 2011  11:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: To me that still does not compare to Hikaru's trauma, Tsubasa's sudden split personality and Kyouya's completely different response all to the same situation : getting thoroughly defeated by Ryuuga.
That all sounds quite unrealistic to me, but that's not the problem, that's not where the shallow lies.
For example : why there are so many prideless cheaters (a bunch of disposable characters)?
why anyone would cry, turn into stone or go into despair just because their beyblade lost the battle?
If Gingka's spirit can't be defeated what is the fun in watching his battles?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Nov. 09, 2011

Ginga gets defeated sometimes ... So did Takao.

There are so many people in real life who are such prideless cheaters, you had not noticed ?

Passions are different for everybody. Also, nobody cried in Bakuten Shoot Beyblade ? Nobody was ever really upset at losing ?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Hazel - Nov. 09, 2011

(Nov. 09, 2011  1:46 AM)miztechwizard Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2011  11:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: To me that still does not compare to Hikaru's trauma, Tsubasa's sudden split personality and Kyouya's completely different response all to the same situation : getting thoroughly defeated by Ryuuga.
That all sounds quite unrealistic to me, but that's not the problem, that's not where the shallow lies.
For example : why there are so many prideless cheaters (a bunch of disposable characters)?
why anyone would cry, turn into stone or go into despair just because their beyblade lost the battle?
If Gingka's spirit can't be defeated what is the fun in watching his battles?

The real world is full of people, too. People are bad, in their basest and most common forms, dumb, shallow, and emotionally similar to a fetus.

Tyson's older brother probably had the most ludicrous response to losing anything, and even that was not really out of bounds for reality.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - miztechwizard - Nov. 09, 2011

Okay... I don't want to mess with anyone's beliefs about life, so i just stick to the basic points :
weak characters = weak storyline.
upset diferent from petrified.
If some of the character's background or behavior is not as pointless as i make it sound, feel free to comment.
Others ones in this situation would be Tobio, Hyouma, Reiji, even Hikaru i guess.

So you only want strong characters in a show ? That sounds boring, and quite macho.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Clonetos - Nov. 09, 2011

MFB for many reasons one the "beasts" only show when Needed they arent focused on heck some dont even get a "beast" the effects are good and the story decent Gingka is a Ok dude but my money is on tetsuya sure hes comedic foil but in the japanese version he was kinda awesome mainly due to his deep voice and past.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Hazel - Nov. 09, 2011

(Nov. 09, 2011  2:39 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So you only want strong characters in a show ? That sounds boring, and quite macho.

I'm going to second this.

Weaker characters are literally the driving point behind the story in 99% of all fantasy situations - and even in real life.

Weakness is humanity, bubbles.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dual - Nov. 09, 2011

Personally, I hate MFB I see it as a suck up to the original (Face hunters, Kyoya later joining Gingka, and more). There arent even teams! The whole plot is, Gingka and a bunch of beyblade wannabes run around trying to get points form a bunch of freaks. Im just stating my opinion and dont mean to offend anybody but i just think the original series is WAY better.

Except that there are indeed teams ...

Also, considering that real Beyblade involves teams in no way at all, it is not such a problem.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dual - Nov. 09, 2011

Well i mean in the first season of MFB. Also most of the humor i find very corny and Gingkas everlasting obsession with beef burgers (or buffalo burger or whatever they are) is quite annoying.
(Sep. 03, 2011  4:49 AM)RaisaMitchell Wrote: the original beyblade series will always be number 1. Just like the original pokemon will always be the best. i can't speak for yu-gi-oh or digimon since i've seen several different episodes from several of the different digimon series and i never watched much of yu-gi-oh to compare it to the new ones but i gave MFB a chance and it disappointed me to no end. MFB is not the 4th season like many people think it's a completely new series all together, a spin-off.

exactly! thank you! thats exactly what i think!
(Aug. 05, 2011  1:16 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Everyone needs to seriously ask themselves : "What if Metal Fight Beyblade had been the series I saw first and grew up with instead ?" ... A lot of your reasons are quite bad.
It was the first one i saw. I still like the original much better.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - bulbasup - Nov. 11, 2011

i was reading this thread and someone said u could see the origional beyblade in madoks shop or something could someone show me a pic or something i really wanna see it!

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Noctus134B - Nov. 11, 2011

I do love the original series and want beyblade ms-destiny to be out but im being honest here MFB is jus pwning the originals

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - SpiritBlade - Nov. 11, 2011

MFB owns those comments saying that the original was better were kinda dumb(no offence).I'm like seriously without MFB beyblade could've died.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 11, 2011  11:41 AM)bulbasup Wrote: i was reading this thread and someone said u could see the origional beyblade in madoks shop or something could someone show me a pic or something i really wanna see it!

Look on Beyblade Spirit, I have a page about "Easter Eggs".

Noctus134B Wrote:and want beyblade ms-destiny to be out

What is that ?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dude - Nov. 11, 2011

It's a supposedly un-aired fourth Bakuten Shoot season.

It's a complete lie, though.

There's a closed thread about it, too http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Un-aired-Beyblade-Season-4-MS-Destiny?highlight=ms-destiny

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Tris - Dec. 04, 2011

(Nov. 11, 2011  9:56 PM)Dude Wrote: It's a supposedly un-aired fourth Bakuten Shoot season.

There's a closed thread about it, too http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Un-aired-Beyblade-Season-4-MS-Destiny?highlight=ms-destiny

No! It's real! Don't stop... Belevin! But seriously. Basically, it was a rumored season before MFB.
Edit: oh snap. I just realized I revived a thread from November. whoops.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - JFKES - Dec. 05, 2011

Metal Fight Beyblade started really well, but got a bit rubbish (in the first series at least). I didn't watch any others because the first series was a disappointment.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - LeonTempest - Dec. 07, 2011

2nd season of MFB is a huge improvment compared to the 1st, but all of the original beats any season of Metal Fusion.

My Voice Actor topic is almost done, cannot wait to post that soon Wink
(Nov. 11, 2011  9:56 PM)Dude Wrote: It's a supposedly un-aired fourth Bakuten Shoot season.

Interesting how such a strange rumor has a distintive title and planned release date, but who knows now...if it was planned while Grev was airing, then it got canceled as Grev popularity fell, if its even true to begin with.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Dec. 07, 2011

It was never planned, it is obviously the works of a delirious Western fan, as always. And people are gullible enough to believe it afterwards, of course.