World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gundam Models - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Gundam Models (/Thread-Gundam-Models)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Gundam Models - Ultra - Jul. 10, 2012

I didn't like the early designs but the ones in the Asemu arc and onwards I like. Apparantely it's the successor is this one:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/AGE-FX_Gundam_AGE-FX

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Jul. 12, 2012

Found a RG Zaku II, G-Builders Super Custom Zaku F2000, and a HG Gouf Custom all at a Hobby Shop I stopped at recently. Hoping I will be able to save up to buy all 3 so I can have a Zaku party! (I have no money atm as I was buying paints for a custom, and now I am broke lol)

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Jul. 12, 2012

^ Ha I'm pretty much in the same situation. I wanted to buy some stuff to modify my completed gundam hangar, like LEDs, wires and a pin vice, but it seems like I only have 5 pounds in my account. I am a poor man...
Gotta wait...

Those Zakus are good, but watch out for that RG. The Commanders fin breaks crazily easily. Plus the piece count is ridiculous for a 144, typical of an RG. Be prepared to work on it for a very long time. But its a load of fun.

RE: Gundam Models - Ultra - Jul. 12, 2012

Gunpla is really only a hobby that people with a job should do lol.

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Jul. 13, 2012

Fair enough. Would be so much better if GunPla was our job. Grin
Would love to work for HLJ, Dengeki Hobby, Hobby Japan or Bandai itself. Aaaaah...

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Jul. 14, 2012

(Jul. 12, 2012  8:26 AM)Ultra Wrote: Gunpla is really only a hobby that people with a job should do lol.

Building and collecting model kits in general is expensive. Sometimes, I can hear the sounds of my wallet crying at night...

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Jul. 14, 2012

^ Haha... We can get so poor from this hobby...
Just spent £25 on a Dengeki Hobby Magazine July issue from London's Chinatown...
Now i truly am poor, but at least I got a sweet mag, a little Banshee figure and added goodness.
Happens that the same store sells beys and gundam models, although slightly overpriced...

RE: Gundam Models - Cookie Bouquets - Jul. 24, 2012

anyways, has anybody built the mg exia? I plan on buying it, but if there is a lot of problems then I'll change the decision, so I'm asking you guys. Any problems with MG exia?

RE: Gundam Models - Ultra - Jul. 24, 2012

(Jul. 14, 2012  10:07 PM)Manicben Wrote: ^ Haha... We can get so poor from this hobby...
Just spent £25 on a Dengeki Hobby Magazine July issue from London's Chinatown...
Now i truly am poor, but at least I got a sweet mag, a little Banshee figure and added goodness.
Happens that the same store sells beys and gundam models, although slightly overpriced...

Yeah me and some other from the UK community know about it. I've never looked very closely at the models in there cause they're so expensive. Anyway i'm currently finishing my HGUC Hy-gogg. I've glued it all and i'm sanding to get rid of the seam lines but I need to get up the money to buy the paint (literally don't have a £1 to my name atm that I can use since i'm going away soon which will be expensive).

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Jul. 24, 2012

Sorry, can't help you there. Not an MG to my name...

Although, I did just pick up a HG Gundam Unicorn Banshee Destroy, so I am very happy. Remind me what animal is that Gundam supposed to be? Its name is Unicorn, "In Irish and Scottish mythology, the banshee is a 'fairy woman' whose mournful wail heralds an imminent death." (wikipedia), the name of Banshee is also usually used with flying vehicles in media and in real life, and I heard somewhere that this Gundam represents a Lion...

Not only that, but why in the world would a company decide to name such a badarse mecha after something so anti-badarse...unicorns and fairies...did a tomboyish teenage girl think of the name?

RE: Gundam Models - Ultra - Jul. 24, 2012

Some would probably argue that a Pegasis is a pretty gay choice for the Ginga's bey. Me included. At least Samurai Ifraid isn't.

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Jul. 25, 2012

^ Amen to that.

Yes, the banshee is meant to have a lion motif... The name banshee just sounds cool I guess.
Well, we can't help it if Gundams and beys are named after "gay" animals (or mythical ones). However, I sure do like the design of the RX-0. IMO it looks awesome in Unicorn mode despite the single antenna and name.
Finally got meself some drill bits and a pin vice. Gonna be drillin and fitting LEDs to my hangar soon... Just waiting for those LEDs I ordered ages ago...

RE: Gundam Models - Hazel - Jul. 25, 2012

(Jul. 24, 2012  6:35 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Sorry, can't help you there. Not an MG to my name...

Although, I did just pick up a HG Gundam Unicorn Banshee Destroy, so I am very happy. Remind me what animal is that Gundam supposed to be? Its name is Unicorn, "In Irish and Scottish mythology, the banshee is a 'fairy woman' whose mournful wail heralds an imminent death." (wikipedia), the name of Banshee is also usually used with flying vehicles in media and in real life, and I heard somewhere that this Gundam represents a Lion...

Not only that, but why in the world would a company decide to name such a badarse mecha after something so anti-badarse...unicorns and fairies...did a tomboyish teenage girl think of the name?

Unicorns being girly and frilly is a modern-day, and largely western, thing. They were originally a symbol of strength, nobility, and purity.

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Jul. 26, 2012

So then what the heck does that make Robot Unicorn Attack for the iphone/android? XD

I also have to finish my build for HG Gundam Age 1 Normal, and for one of the 00 Raiser variants. Plus I have some 1/144 no grade stuff that I should get done one day, after I finish off all 3 HG's that I mentioned (Banshee included) as well as my HMM Lightning Saix Zoid which I have had no time for...

So long as there are no Zoids...I can really only build Gundams Tired haha XD I really wish I could get into the animes again, but there are so many, and so little time...

I guess the Banshee part is a reference to the "flying-ness", as if that is unique to this Gundam, haha.

Forget this, I would rather just call it Chimera Gundam with all of these animal motifs XD

RE: Gundam Models - Benjohadi - Jul. 28, 2012

got 00 seven sword mg for my birthday...a gift from my gf.. B)
quite surprising on how easy it was to assemble 00 series..i took almost three days to complete my mg destiny gundam..00 seven sword just took a day..haha..
well..it is by far hte coolest sworded gundam ever other than astray red frame..haha..

RE: Gundam Models - Cookie Bouquets - Jul. 28, 2012

(Jul. 24, 2012  6:35 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Sorry, can't help you there. Not an MG to my name...

How is there not an MG exia? If it is on gundam planet and hlj I think it exists...

RE: Gundam Models - Benjohadi - Jul. 28, 2012

there are three so far that i know..normal exia, ignition mode exia, and trans arm mode...
not sure that the one that come with gn arm model is mg or just hg...

RE: Gundam Models - Manicben - Jul. 28, 2012

^ Wow Benjohadi, so lucky to have a gf that gives you a gundam as a bday present!

Aaah, well progress is slow. Haven't actually worked on my gundams for a while. Just wish my LEDs for the Gundam Hangar came in sooner. Im itching to get that done first

RE: Gundam Models - Dingodigo - Jul. 29, 2012

The One that comes with the GN Arms is a HG and you are forgetting the 30th anniversary clear parts Exia.

RE: Gundam Models - slyx - Jul. 29, 2012

i have a RG 1/144 Mk. II Titans color waiting to be assembled/painted. it was on sale at a hobby store in Akihabara when i was there on holiday, so i picked it up for just under 2000 yen (1999 yen! xD), which is 500 yen less than the retail price BEFORE tax. woots for me!

might post pics when i'm done!

RE: Gundam Models - Benjohadi - Jul. 29, 2012

(Jul. 29, 2012  6:49 AM)Dingodigo Wrote: The One that comes with the GN Arms is a HG and you are forgetting the 30th anniversary clear parts Exia.

ah yes..i forgot that one as well...since it has only clear parts without other difference than the normal exia...its easy to forget..haha
exia ignition mode looks awesome though...

RE: Gundam Models - LeonTempest - Jul. 31, 2012

(Jul. 28, 2012  4:41 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:

How is there not an MG exia? If it is on gundam planet and hlj I think it exists...

I never said that, I said I don't own any MG Gundams, so I have no idea if one exists or not 0_o

RE: Gundam Models - zflare3 - Aug. 02, 2012

RE: Gundam Models - Ultra - Aug. 02, 2012

This is the cheapest one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-147-GN-0000GNHW-7SG-OO-GUNDAM-SEVEN-SWORD-1-100-Model-Kit-BANDAI-NIB-/160841707404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2572e9af8c

RE: Gundam Models - Benjohadi - Aug. 02, 2012

Like ultra said..thats among the cheapest one onebay..but i prefer the one with free registered airmail or cheap registered air mail upgrade for safety reason...
But i suggest if you can buy from local stires,it would be better...since i getmine friom a local stire..i bought it for 80 $ with 4 led light inclusive...so i find local store could be a bit cheaper and less risky..you know..the box is quite big..easily damaged by the carrier as well..

i also find this gundam looks pretty awesome even without lining..haahah