World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Anime and Manga (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Anime-and-Manga)
+--- Thread: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade (/Thread-Original-Beyblade-V-S-Metal-Fight-Beyblade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Vannasouk - Jan. 22, 2011

Ive only just gotten into Metal Fusion/Fight beyblades and I dont really like them as much as the original. Theyre so round! Yes... I know they are spining tops, but I meen they are so round I find them uninteresting in design. Personally, although they dont spin as long of course, I prefer the large (compared to mfb) prongs and huge differnences in parts that can collide with each other.
When I used to pick up my old beyblades I liked the way it hurt my hand, because it felt like the beyblade was some kind of powerful weapon or something (hey I was a kid after all). But now, I dont feel that awe with the new ones. So smooth in the hand. Does anyone else feel the same with the whole smoothness thing?

Though I admit the shinyness looks super sexy fresh out of the box.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - angelmeins - Jan. 22, 2011

i like the fact that thir samller thold were big yes but....it's hard to pick

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Ultimatefry - Jan. 22, 2011

I like original Beyblade's soundtrack better.
(Jan. 22, 2011  2:11 PM)Vannasouk Wrote: Ive only just gotten into Metal Fusion/Fight beyblades and I dont really like them as much as the original. Theyre so round! Yes... I know they are spining tops, but I meen they are so round I find them uninteresting in design. Personally, although they dont spin as long of course, I prefer the large (compared to mfb) prongs and huge differnences in parts that can collide with each other.
When I used to pick up my old beyblades I liked the way it hurt my hand, because it felt like the beyblade was some kind of powerful weapon or something (hey I was a kid after all). But now, I dont feel that awe with the new ones. So smooth in the hand. Does anyone else feel the same with the whole smoothness thing?

Though I admit the shinyness looks super sexy fresh out of the box.

The reason that Metal Fusion blades don't have any spikes is simple. I'll put it in a problem:
Small child + Metal spikes = BAD IDEA
Or you could make the energy ring have spikes, like in the DS game.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Temporal - Jan. 23, 2011

Still would be a bad idea. Very fragile, and would you want a 5 year old with a fragile toy with small parts?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Vannasouk - Jan. 24, 2011

ohhoo, that is pretty true. Don’t want to hurt kids or anything like that. Though it would be nice if the Fusion wheels had more.. how to say... exposed parts. Perhaps not blunt, and of course not sharp but super smooth instead? Something like... Master Dragoon, Draciel V2 or Driger v2’s attack rings. Something like those shapes wouldn’t be too bad right? Im sure some kind of compromise is possible; hms rings had some exposed parts at least. From the range that is available in Australia most of the fusion wheels seem the same when you ignore the indenting and just consider the parts that would make contact with another beyblade. I guess that is my only gripe about them; I like the different shapes that the older generation had to offer. There was a lot of variety compared to now, and that’s why I like them better.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Teemo - Jan. 26, 2011

Where is the old generation?...
oh, underneath MFB's foot
MFB is too good

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - NitroNeo - Jan. 26, 2011

(Jan. 26, 2011  6:48 AM)Off Topic King Wrote: Where is the old generation?...
oh, underneath MFB's foot
MFB is too good

Hmm... that would rather be a huge overstatement , MFB is good but not that good, see the internet it's ratings are crumbling each day & if MFB still goes with the carppy storyline that it has it's gonna lose more ratings , at least some decent villains should be introduced who make the current villains look amateurs like when Brooklyn came Tala was a amateur to him

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Jan. 26, 2011

(Jan. 26, 2011  10:45 AM)NitroNeo Wrote: Hmm... that would rather be a huge overstatement , MFB is good but not that good, see the internet it's ratings are crumbling each day & if MFB still goes with the carppy storyline that it has it's gonna lose more ratings , at least some decent villains should be introduced who make the current villains look amateurs like when Brooklyn came Tala was a amateur to him

Where are those ratings ? Because Beyblade is doing very good and will probably surpass the old series ...

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - lord Wolfblade - Jan. 26, 2011

i like the knew series as much as the last,

MFB/BMF

plastic

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Unlucky - Jan. 26, 2011

Hey Wolfie! You forgot about the Bit-Beasts! Bit-Beast were the coolest looking things out back in the ye olde 90's/Early 00's. They were definitely better than those Spirit animal things.... They did make unicorns and pegasus' (or pegasi, plural unknown to me) alright for me,though...

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Temporal - Jan. 27, 2011

Emotion? Listen to Kai's emotionless dubbing, then listen to Tsubasa. They are the same when it comes to English dubbing.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - NitroNeo - Jan. 27, 2011

(Jan. 26, 2011  3:12 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2011  10:45 AM)NitroNeo Wrote: Hmm... that would rather be a huge overstatement , MFB is good but not that good, see the internet it's ratings are crumbling each day & if MFB still goes with the carppy storyline that it has it's gonna lose more ratings , at least some decent villains should be introduced who make the current villains look amateurs like when Brooklyn came Tala was a amateur to him

Where are those ratings ? Because Beyblade is doing very good and will probably surpass the old series ...

The new series was first 6.6 on IMDB , now it's 5.2

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1674928/

& if it goes on any longer without introducing any sinister villains it maybe doomed as a anime , the beys are gr8 though , but if i am allowed to say this HMS Were the best beys ever because , i felt i really want to buy then , so what it was a sea dragoon ms , it had a appeal that i fail to have with MFB , Storm Capricorne does not appeal me to buy it even thought i am a capricorn , my point is We used to buy the dullest of the old plastic or hms bey , but this does not happen with MFB

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Killer-Kirsty - Jan. 27, 2011

I did find a new MFB Bey still in it's package (Dark Bull) at a charity shop the other day...MFB isn't doing as well in the West as you may think Kai-V, I think it is doing well but it is not as big of a hit as the original. Maybe it is faring better in Japan but I just don't think that it is having that big of an impact in the West.

I even asked my younger sister who is still at school if the kids are into the new Beyblade, she said no.

I am going to keeping my eye on that Dark Bull though...

(Jan. 27, 2011  10:39 AM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: I did find a new MFB Bey still in it's package (Dark Bull) at a charity shop the other day...MFB isn't doing as well in the West as you may think Kai-V, I think it is doing well but it is not as big of a hit as the original. Maybe it is faring better in Japan but I just don't think that it is having that big of an impact in the West.

I even asked my younger sister who is still at school if the kids are into the new Beyblade, she said no.

I am going to keeping my eye on that Dark Bull though...

This could be because it only has two useful parts & kerbecs is now the current high weighed CW , but anime wise MFB is good but not the best & bey wise for me MFB is not that good but people here in Asian buy MFB too much , this is because MFB has top tier parts & can outperform old beys to some extent

overall MFB is like a the season 3 of digimon [ i mean the one with the girl zoe & two twin boys ] which should have had some reference to the old character , after all the old BSB Mangas did state tyson , ray etc had families of their own , so why they didn't show a carrying the legacy kinda thing beats me

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Temporal - Jan. 27, 2011

This is a different universe. They have no connection, plus, the Bladebreakers got their time. In fact, in the MFB universe, beyblades were always metal. And the "legacy" thing? Cliche. Everyone does it. So there really is no point.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - BeyFan - Jan. 27, 2011

Don't know if it is because I was younger at the time, but I like the original series a lot more then the current one. I found that the way this series started was strange. I didn't really enjoy the early episodes...with "bey gangs" and "extreme training". Seemed a little over the top for my tastes/

Might be simply because my taste has matured. Now that they have started to have tournaments, I've been enjoying it more.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - lord Wolfblade - Jan. 27, 2011

(Jan. 27, 2011  5:52 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Emotion? Listen to Kai's emotionless dubbing, then listen to Tsubasa. They are the same when it comes to English dubbing.

i didnt mean him, i am just saying that the characters have a bit more personality to them in MFB/BMF

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Jan. 27, 2011

Toywiz's sales of Beyblades are currently soaring past those of the old series ... France and other European countries are constantly sold-out country-wide. Obviously the new series is extremely popular already, and the anime has a lot to do with it.

(Jan. 27, 2011  4:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Toywiz's sales of Beyblades are currently soaring past those of the old series ... France and other European countries are constantly sold-out country-wide. Obviously the new series is extremely popular already, and the anime has a lot to do with it.

I agree with you to some point but please accept the fact that the new beys are made of metal , everyone wants to win , & the beys look good no doubt , so it is natural if you tell a kid to go picks a burning kerburous or a hell kerbecs he will pick the later one , anime has little to do with it for all we know , the anime actually may have decreased the sale of Dark Bull [ i only saw dark bulls in mumbai , but these days there is no dark bull out there ] i check with stores every 3-4 days but , now only good beys arrive ]

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Jan. 27, 2011

The way stores choose what stock they want to get is almost random ... The shop owners have no idea about what the anime shows and sometimes what difference exists between the toys, but if you say that there used to be a lot of Dark Bull and now there are none, then the anime must have made all the kids buy it because of Benkei. Or they all came here and saw that Dark Bull had good parts.

(Jan. 27, 2011  5:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The way stores choose what stock they want to get is almost random ... The shop owners have no idea about what the anime shows and sometimes what difference exists between the toys, but if you say that there used to be a lot of Dark Bull and now there are none, then the anime must have made all the kids buy it because of Benkei. Or they all came here and saw that Dark Bull had good parts.

Lol kai-v you will never let go of defending MFB , i only saw 2-3 Bulls in major malls & there were like 10's of pegasis there & the new stocks don't even have a dark bull so i was thinking of getting a poison serpent for a spare SD

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Temporal - Jan. 28, 2011

Huh? If you wanna get SD, get the Earth Eagle 2-pack. But MFB is really good, in the aspect that it does not focus on spirits as much as Bakuten Shoot Beyblade did. Plus, the hobby is, as Kai-V said, doing way better. I will bow to MFB once we get a good free spinning tip. Maybe a double bearing shaft? (Hope never dies.)
(Jan. 27, 2011  4:04 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2011  5:52 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Emotion? Listen to Kai's emotionless dubbing, then listen to Tsubasa. They are the same when it comes to English dubbing.

i didnt mean him, i am just saying that the characters have a bit more personality to them in MFB/BMF

Well, then yeah. You are right. But I still don't like Ginga very much, but I didn't like Tyson either.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - sucks - Jan. 30, 2011

yeah well, i know alot of people think mfb is better but i just think original series is better. i mean mfb is good but it sometimes gets really boring and i just give up watching it. its just doji is stupid tetsua just looks like a guy who just broke out of the lunatic house and ginga just has a messed up voice. so yah,original for me.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Jaems1 - Jan. 30, 2011

(Jan. 30, 2011  10:52 AM)bestblader1234 Wrote: yeah well, i know alot of people think mfb is better but i just think original series is better. i mean mfb is good but it sometimes gets really boring and i just give up watching it. its just doji is stupid tetsua just looks like a guy who just broke out of the lunatic house and ginga just has a messed up voice. so yah,original for me.

You may change your mind if you watched the second season. It gets much better, but there are a couple of international team appearances which create boring fillers to occur.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Ash-Tray - Feb. 05, 2011

I got to go with Metal Fight, the original never really got me into it like MFB did. The story and character development really caught my attention. And to be honest, I hate Tyson with every fiber of my being.....Ok that may be much, but the fact that there is a lot of focus on him all the time and his character just ticks me off (Beyblade Fierce Battle movie summed up what most of the series was about to me). I felt they didn't really take full advantage of all the other cool characters they had. It was DBZ all over again. Metal Fight at least tried and for the most part payed off.

Just seeing Kenta development form an ok Newbie to one of the Countries best bladers was just awesome, suffering great defeat, all the hard work, developing a special move, along with gaining strong bonds from his friend was a treat to watch.