World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. (/Thread-Official-Nintendo-Pokemon-Tournament)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - Ichida - May. 17, 2008

I just remembered... Dragonair evolves at Lv55, so I guess that explains the hate for Dragonite. *shrug*

RE: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - Bey Brad - May. 17, 2008

dragonite breaks my carp heart

dragonair is beautiful and awesome looking and dragonite looks like he has downs

RE: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - Ichida - May. 17, 2008

Well, power usually comes at the price of beauty in this game. Most of the godly Pokemon are ugly carp.

Ichida Wrote:Well, power usually comes at the price of beauty in this game. Most of the godly Pokemon are ugly carp.

tyranitar is cool looking

RE: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - Zander Soulwind - May. 17, 2008

Ichida Wrote:Well, power usually comes at the price of beauty in this game. Most of the godly Pokemon are ugly carp.

Lol, beauty is only skin deep.

RE: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - Roan - May. 17, 2008

Ichida Wrote:Well, power usually comes at the price of beauty in this game.

hahahahahahah carp

RE: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - KoD PT - May. 17, 2008

Haven't most Nintendo Pokémon tourneys been 2 on 2? Stuff like JAA, some of the Gamestop tourneys in some places. I guess most people who attend these would be used by now.

I don't think stall teams would be an issue though... for 2 on 2 with only 4 pokes, you're either gonna have the casual players who'll use what they like and/or think is strong, or you have the competitive players who'll be making use of several of: Explosion, Fake Out, Protect, Sleep moves, Endeavor, sashed stuff, etc. Doubles is already a fast paced metagame by nature, one where stall teams are pretty much nonexistent and generally don't suit that type of game.
Besides, I doubt they even know or care about "stall teams"...

I don't think Item clause and the 15-minute Time Limit were really needed for this type of tournament given its nature. I guess it's just since that's what they've done most times before, that's what they're sticking with. I can see they'd prefer the games to be played faster so the tournament doesn't last so long.
Having that time limit if it were 1 on 1 with teams of 6 is another story though...

Still don't get the lv 50 rule. I bet that's gonna screw a lot of people.

RE: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - FFX - May. 17, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:hahaha ouch, please try and chill it

also how do you even lose a pokemon battle by timing out?

Opponent stalls, takes 1-2 minute(s) choose attacks after they take the advantage, attack phase take 30 seconds to a minute, so only a rather low amount of turns get passed, compared to standard battle. Some good strategies lost this way because they assumed that play would be reasonably quick.

Oh, so there is usually a time limit at these tournaments?

I like the idea of there being a time limit on turns.

RE: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - FFX - May. 17, 2008

I wish there was a countdown timer, it would make wifi go faster. I also wish animations were turned off so omg this can go so much faster than it is going at now.

D/P is so slowww

flashfox Wrote:D/P is so slowww

RE: Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament. - Ichida - May. 18, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:I like the idea of there being a time limit on turns.