World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography (/Thread-FACE-CONTEST-Beyblade-Photography)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Ash - May. 05, 2009

Here is my entry:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7186/s7000464.jpg (Too big to post directly here)

It's Alan (The Troll) and Alban (The LFC Teddy)'s favourite beyblades out of my collection. lol XD

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - theflightyellz - May. 05, 2009

Seems like quite a long time deadline for a photo contest. I mean, art and writing contests take a lot of time, but to set up a decent photo usually takes about an hour tops.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Rocky - May. 05, 2009

^ Agreed. I wouldn't take the amount of writing entries into account. Pinching_eyes_2

Also Driger, that is truly terrifying. Chocked

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - MuchWow - May. 05, 2009

i like the idea. btw can we use photoshop to add effects to the picture?

(May. 05, 2009  1:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, you can work on the image in Photoshop. However, if you overdo it, it will hurt your grade.

oh. sorry i didnt notice that. also is putting fire around the blade considered overdoing?

Um, it's really your choice. I'd say it depends how much fire there is/how tactfully it was put up. :\

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Kai-V - May. 05, 2009

I would say that the more it looks different to a real photograph, the more I do not understand why you would submit a Photoshop work.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Neeek - May. 05, 2009

This looks like real fun, i'll try my best!

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Giga - May. 05, 2009

Photoshop should be for touching up say, sticker remnants. Not adding fire.

(May. 05, 2009  6:16 PM)pegasis Wrote: oh. sorry i didnt notice that. also is putting fire around the blade considered overdoing?

Photography contest, not a photoshop contest. This is to see how skilled you are with a camera, not hard light layer settings.

Guys, if he wants to, let him. The mods can tell how much something's been shopped. As Brad said, if they think it's overdone then it'll be graded down. Plus I kinda wanna see an attempt at a blade on fire. XD

(May. 05, 2009  7:20 PM)Rocky Wrote: Guys, if he wants to, let him. The mods can tell how much something's been shopped. As Brad said, if they think it's overdone then it'll be graded down. Plus I kinda wanna see an attempt at a blade on fire. XD
Maybe there'll be a photoshop competition in the future *ponders* Would be cool to see...
Still, I'd say plain photography with minimal edits for lighting and color correction would be the safest bet.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Pich - May. 05, 2009

Yeah, well..... I guess it was kind of on purpose that it looks like an ebay listing. I wanted to make everything in it beyblade. >.> Anyway, I have never done anything with photography like most of you probably have since my school is scrapping photography and the photography teacher to fit the budget. =(

So, I placed the beyblades near the user of them and placed them in certain postions to try to reflect their personality. Dranzer is turned away from the camera because he is quiet and is a lone wolf, tyson is facing forward because he is outgoing and self-confident (as well as being the main character). Max's Draciel is standing up straight because Max is very optimistic. Finally, Ray's is sideways to signify his mysterious and calm natures. Oh, aand Kenny's hopper is upsidedown because he isn't very self-confident with blading and he isn't very good, lol.
The background has a pattern to it (tyson, kai, tyson, kai). The combo in the left corner is basicly my signature in the picture. The MFB show that the new series is seperate from the old one but is taking over the series (though I didn't really show that second part at all/very well). I chose to put the stuff on a scratched up chest and put the chest near a scratched up wall to signify all the bey battles they fought (and even the frame has duck tape on it). I angled the picture to make it look a little less like an ebay picture, though I guess it still turned out looking like one. =/
But, yeah, that's about it. Atleast I had some good ideas behind my picture. =/

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - DrigerGT - May. 05, 2009

(May. 05, 2009  1:14 AM)Aqua Wrote: DrigerGT should enter those MFB pics he took. Those were epic.

Well, yes I'm really thinking use one of them for my entry...Joyful_2

This is a really awsome contest...can't wait to see all of your pics!

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Bey Brad - May. 05, 2009

OK, the deadline is changed to May 10. Grin

[Image: shootingstarcopy.jpg]made this for fun. i dont think i will win but i hope so Smile

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Giga - May. 05, 2009

Haha, cool. I like it.

How did you get it to float? Chocked

This is a little similiar to an idea I had but I have no idea if I'll go with that at the moment. XD And I'd make it different anyways so you don't have to worry about me copying. ^^;

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - BladeBee - May. 05, 2009

(May. 05, 2009  9:00 PM)Rocky Wrote: How did you get it to float? Chocked

This is a little similiar to an idea I had but I have no idea if I'll go with that at the moment. XD And I'd make it different anyways so you don't have to worry about me copying. ^^;

I think maybe its just standing sideways on one of the borders on the stadium,and the flames make it look like its flying

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Aqua - May. 05, 2009

(May. 05, 2009  9:00 PM)Rocky Wrote: How did you get it to float? Chocked

Photoshop...? Wink

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Zander Soulwind - May. 05, 2009

That is pretty cool, good one Pegasis.

I don't think I will be entering this contest so i will just sit back and see what other people do instead.

it wasnt floating Gasp this was when i screamed pegasis, shooting star attack and it did this. i just took the photo Tongue_out

LOL, JJ. it was really floating. i tied it with thin threads and made my sis hold them Tongue_out it was kinda hard but it worked Smile

i didnt use photoshop to make it seem floating!!! i swear. brad this was a real photo not photoshop done.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - DrigerGT - May. 05, 2009

Very nice pics pegasis! The idea is similar to mine. Nice effect!

RE: FACE CONTEST: Beyblade Photography - Aqua - May. 05, 2009

Yeah, I think I see the string... or where it was at least. Still a good idea pegasis.