World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I (/Thread-Product-B-48-Starter-Xeno-Xcalibur-M-I)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Hato - Jul. 18, 2016

(Jul. 18, 2016  5:30 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Sadly yes, it would, just as gluing the one ambidextrous MFB launcher (came with the Sonokong Hell Kerbecs, don't recall the name).

The Sniper launcher IIRC?

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - ToxicAtom - Jul. 18, 2016

Playing with the Sword Launcher a bit more, I noticed something interesting about the Control side, which might shed some light on it's name.

As we all should know, the gear mechanism on a launcher has a ratchet on it that stops the launcher from spinning when the winder is removed from it, thus launching the bey. Interestingly, the section of the control side of the winder with no teeth acts similarly to a car's "Neutral" gear, where the ratchet is disengaged, but the winder is not accelerating the launcher. This means for a split second, the Bey is still attached for the launcher, but not accelerating. This "Neutral" state might be so players have a moment to adjust their shot before the launch, where they don't have the force of actually pulling the winder affecting their aim. A truly skilled blader might even be able to keep the winder in this "neutral" state as long as they please, potentially allowing them to launch the beyblade at any desired angle and speed without the hinderance of the force of pulling the winder

This can be game-changing in the right hands.

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Leo Burst - Jul. 19, 2016

If you have a sword launcher you use outside of tournaments, I recommend you oil or grease the gears. It'll help with its longevity and also give you really nice launches. If you do this however, you won't be able to use it in tournaments

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - ToxicAtom - Jul. 19, 2016

(Jul. 19, 2016  6:43 AM)Leo Burst Wrote: If you have a sword launcher you use outside of tournaments, I recommend you oil or grease the gears. It'll help with its longevity and also give you really nice launches. If you do this however, you won't be able to use it in tournaments

Lubing your parts is tournament illegal too? Wow, you guys are a lot more stringent than the B-Daman guys

Well, anything for the sake of the integrity of the game, right?

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Kai-V - Jul. 19, 2016

It is illegal in official tournaments too...

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Izhkoort - Jul. 19, 2016

(Jul. 19, 2016  1:03 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2016  6:43 AM)Leo Burst Wrote: If you have a sword launcher you use outside of tournaments, I recommend you oil or grease the gears. It'll help with its longevity and also give you really nice launches. If you do this however, you won't be able to use it in tournaments

Lubing your parts is tournament illegal too? Wow, you guys are a lot more stringent than the B-Daman guys

You may show an entire different performance only because of that

Like more launching consistence, and if you oil bearing based beyblades, they may even spin several minutes more

That wouldn't be fair play don't you think?

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - ToxicAtom - Jul. 19, 2016

(Jul. 19, 2016  1:12 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2016  1:03 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote:

Like more launching consistence, and if you oil bearing based beyblades, they may even spin several minutes more

That little of a change can make that much a difference? Shows how out-of-my-element I am here. Well, that's why I came here, to learn.

Back on subject, I've been practicing all night and dang, trying to stop the sword winder in the neutral sweet spot is a challenge to say the least. I either stop too early and launch prematurely, or too late and miss the neutral state.

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Izhkoort - Jul. 19, 2016

(Jul. 19, 2016  1:22 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2016  1:12 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2016  1:03 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: Lubing your parts is tournament illegal too? Wow, you guys are a lot more stringent than the B-Daman guys

That little of a change can make that much a difference? Shows how out-of-my-element I am here. Well, that's why I came here, to learn.

Back on subject, I've been practicing all night and dang, trying to stop the sword winder in the neutral sweet spot is a challenge to say the least. I either stop too early and launch prematurely, or too late and miss the neutral state.

no problem, when I started I thought the same Smile

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - BeyGa - Jul. 20, 2016

Wow, just another broken X2... This Layer has serious problems. I don't know why they decided to release this three layer thing, seems that they didn't even tested enough. Uncertain

[Image: Cnz52yBUMAEN3sd.jpg]

From here: https://twitter.com/kurakentyan/status/755753599477481472

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Hato - Jul. 20, 2016

>queue "Another One Bites the Dust"

This is pretty sad... It doesn't seem as bad as the amount of V2's that were breaking, but this seems to be common for X2 to break... Really hope TAKARA-TOMY addresses the issue.

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - ToxicAtom - Jul. 20, 2016

From the decent inside view we can get from that image, I think it's safe there's not much they can do to stop it from breaking entirely. The best they can do is either add a screw at the end of the sword, which will change the balance of the part entirely, or make the sword part of the Red layer instead of being it's own, however that will come at the consequence of no longer having the pretty blue X in the center, and likely less clean paint lines.

It's just a straight-up flawed design. The best thing I can say, and I'm sorry I'd have to, is not to use your Xeno Xcalibur layer. So great, we have a gimmicky, near useless driver, a disk which is basically just a prettier Triple, and a layer that breaks. What a nightmare of a bey this thing is.

Still, I have a guilty love for this thing, even if I'm never launching it again.

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Bey Brad - Jul. 20, 2016

(Jul. 20, 2016  10:00 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: From the decent inside view we can get from that image, I think it's safe there's not much they can do to stop it from breaking entirely. The best they can do is either add a screw at the end of the sword, which will change the balance of the part entirely, or make the sword part of the Red layer instead of being it's own, however that will come at the consequence of no longer having the pretty blue X in the center, and likely less clean paint lines.

It's just a straight-up flawed design. The best thing I can say, and I'm sorry I'd have to, is not to use your Xeno Xcalibur layer. So great, we have a gimmicky, near useless driver, a disk which is basically just a prettier Triple, and a layer that breaks. What a nightmare of a bey this thing is.

Still, I have a guilty love for this thing, even if I'm never launching it again.

Agreed with all of this. From an engineering perspective, this whole release is a straight-up disaster and there's little they can do to fix it. Truly shameful and yet another durability-related blight on what is, at its core, a great game.

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Shu Kurenai - Jul. 20, 2016

Rest in peace Xeno Xcalibur.

At this point, the box should read "Sword Launcher: Now with free ornamental piece!", because most people buying this set are buying it in that context exactly. The sword launcher is awesome, and X2MI is an amazing display piece, but with what we've seen here, I wouldn't dare put X2MI on the Sword Launcher.

I personally display mine as X2MV, because Variable is another part that's too pretty to mess up. (Also I use Impact in my gimmick combo V2TI)

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Dracomageat - Jul. 20, 2016

(Jul. 19, 2016  1:22 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: That little of a change can make that much a difference? Shows how out-of-my-element I am here. Well, that's why I came here, to learn.

See Magical Ape MS. While I'm not entirely sure what the reason behind banning a bearing swap is, the beyblade's gimmick is only non-viable on a competitive level because the bearings it was released with are underwhelming.
From what I recall of the small testing done, its post-swap effectiveness was far from game breaking and wouldn't even have made it a tournament staple but it was the difference between being unusable and being weird and non-optimal but able to compete.

(Jul. 20, 2016  11:26 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2016  1:22 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: That little of a change can make that much a difference? Shows how out-of-my-element I am here. Well, that's why I came here, to learn.

See Magical Ape MS. While I'm not entirely sure what the reason behind banning a bearing swap is, the beyblade's gimmick is only non-viable on a competitive level because the bearings it was released with are underwhelming.
From what I recall of the small testing done, its post-swap effectiveness was far from game breaking and wouldn't even have made it a tournament staple but it was the difference between being unusable and being weird and non-optimal but able to compete.

The difference between NSK Shield bearings and standard bearings are the sides of the bearings are covered, so debris can't get between the balls in the bearings. Other minor differences are that they come pre-lubed (Since you can't lube them because of the sides) and are generally tested on a much more stringent quality standard than normal bearings. I can see that making a significant difference in a system that relies on its bearings, but putting a little lube on a winder seems relatively harmless. Like I said, though, I'm relatively new to Beyblade, so I wouldn't know the amount of competitive edge a little Silicone Grease would make.

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Bey Brad - Jul. 21, 2016

We just inherited that rule from Takara-Tomy. Mentioned this in another thread but you should make a thread about it if you're interested Smile

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - ToxicAtom - Jul. 21, 2016

(Jul. 21, 2016  12:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: We just inherited that rule from Takara-Tomy. Mentioned this in another thread but you should make a thread about it if you're interested Smile

The bearing rule or the lube rule?

I meant the bearing rule, but both. Our policy is typically "don't apply foreign substances on Beyblade parts."

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - - Jul. 21, 2016

(Jul. 18, 2016  3:38 AM)Kei Wrote: Used one of my X2 Layers a lot on Friday and didn't run into any problems. Seems decent for Attack, but need to play with it more. Several people used it in Toronto today as well and I didn't hear of any breakages.

However, on Friday one of my Sword Launchers was working beautifully for the first couple hours I used it, but the winder started jamming inside of it pretty badly ... It's still usable, but quite inconsistent now since the winder can become entirely stuck in there until I push it in and out a lot to free it. This happened to @[✱] in Toronto today as well, but the jamming in his was nowhere near as bad as mine. Anybody else run into this issue?

That said, the other of my two Sword Launchers is still perfect and works great.

@[Kei], I didn't get a chance to try your launcher, but mine only worsened, unfortunately. It's unusable now, (shocked that this happened on the day I bought it) and I've retired it in favor of returning to my light launcher.

That being said, I've finally gotten around to performing an autopsy to figure out what exactly killed my new high-rev launching sweetheart, and the results are fairly disheartening for something that was supposed to be hailed as the new strongest in game launcher.

The victim, having seen some 2 or so hours of use out of the box:
[Image: 8hQEl7U.jpg]

Screws and bracing removed:
[Image: xhhYsFT.jpg]

Most of the guts aside, we get to the heart of the problem. Inside the launcher, we see that part of the gear assembly is protected by this black plastic casing:
[Image: ZSJ6oMK.jpg]

Removing this reveals the cause of the malfunction. namely, the larger gear in this picture is missing a tooth:
[Image: 2ZcUtdV.jpg]

This gear, which sits in the middle of the three gear assembly pictured below, is a transfer gear, which is to say that if we were to number the gears in the picture from 1-3, with 1 being the leftmost gear that is connected to the launcher prongs and 3 being the rightmost gear that actually comes into contact with the winder, then pulling the winder would cause gear 3 to move clockwise, which would cause gear 2 to move counter-clockwise so that gear 1 can move clockwise as well:
[Image: g532puZ.jpg]

The missing tooth from gear 2 leaves a gap large enough to allow gear 1 to move freely without its teeth coming into contact with those of gear 2. These two gears move out of sync, jamming the winder in the launcher when the teeth of the gears hit one another instead of meshing like they typically would. A launch that doesn't jam still suffers a severe loss of power with results that are noticeably poorer that the original white standard light launcher and short winder.

The secret to this launcher's power, namely the smaller half of gear 3 that contacts the winder, is undamaged, so I opened up one of my light launchers in hopes of finding a swappable gear. Here you can see the main difference between the two launchers is that the light launcher lacks a gear assembly and is merely a single gear connected to the same axle as the prongs:
[Image: AqSUOf7.jpg]

The grim prognosis is that gear 2 is unique to the sword launcher, meaning that a replacement gear would have to come from another sword launcher (perhaps if another one were broken in a different way you could combine the two into a functioning launcher), making this another one of TT's many glass cannons that I've seen in Burst. It turns out that during that match where both My opponent, the judge, and I thought we saw something white fly off of my launcher before a weaker than usual launch, what we were seeing was the teeth of the launcher gears being ripped out of the launcher along with the winder within the first few hours of use.

X2, while thankfully still intact, didn't perform as well as I would've hoped, making this a fairly regretful purchase. I've never wished harder for Hasbro improvements, lol

Edit: It's worth noting that i didn't do anything stupid that would obviously cause this, and I'm almost religious about not 'cranking' my launchers

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - ToxicAtom - Jul. 21, 2016

Interesting. I don't know what would cause a break like that, uncolored plastic is usually pretty strong stuff compared to all other plastics. Let's hope this is a one-off kinda thing.

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - XYZ-Jaden - Jul. 21, 2016

(Jul. 21, 2016  7:39 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: Interesting. I don't know what would cause a break like that, uncolored plastic is usually pretty strong stuff compared to all other plastics. Let's hope this is a one-off kinda thing.

I think it's the differing gear ratios, it puts a lot of stress on the gears

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - Kai-V - Jul. 21, 2016

By the way, a video showing both the gold and the icy blue versions:

Great post @[*], even though the results of it are pretty sad. Really sorry that this happened, since I feel responsible for dragging you back in. :')

RE: B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I - cadney - Jul. 21, 2016

I'm still so sad that this happened to your launcher, @[*]. I really couldn't believe it was broken already when you told me. Sad to see it's something so irreversible, too.