World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. (/Thread-UGH-PARENTS-AND-FAMILIES)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - BestBlader3 - Sep. 01, 2011

I am 13 i dont think my parents really care to much about it but they are kinda wanting me to stop they wont say it strait out but they are hinting it.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - METEOR DRAGO - Sep. 02, 2011

(Sep. 01, 2011  10:31 PM)excalibursonic Wrote: My parents were a little skeptic in the begining. They were saying '' you're 15, you're too old for that '' and that kind of stuff but now they are more neutral and they even bought me a stadium and a string launcher
oh and btw I sometimes play with my sister and now I will convince my parent to go with me at the National beyblade championship in France (Yeah I'm french and I speak and write english pretty good, I guess)

W.O.W. how old is your sister?

my parents are really skeptical about beys,especially my dad, and said "beys is only for kids 12 under" but, after i convince my parents(my dad, coz my mom wouldn't bought it for me, and i already knew about it) they still won't buy me that DX Galaxy Pegasis Stadium.

it's already 3 attemps,3 diffrent locations(mall),3 days, and yet, they still won't buy it for me. gonna try again today on a diffrerent location.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - SpiritBlade - Sep. 02, 2011

My parents are pretty much okay with beyblading but when my cousin from new york came and i showed him some of my metal fight beyblade, he's 15 and guess what.... he actually didn't laugh, he said he loved beyblade and always will Smile

yeah, What is the real Reason Parents Think beyblade is for kids?

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - pegasusmaster - Sep. 02, 2011

(Sep. 02, 2011  1:45 AM)Bladegamer Wrote: My parents are pretty much okay with beyblading but when my cousin from new york came and i showed him some of my metal fight beyblade, he's 15 and guess what.... he actually didn't laugh, he said he loved beyblade and always will Smile

thats good to hear.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Hazel - Sep. 02, 2011

(Sep. 02, 2011  1:53 AM)METEOR DRAGO Wrote: yeah, What is the real Reason Parents Think beyblade is for kids?

Probably because it's a spinning top game with colorful characters/plastic pieces, an "ages 8+" label, and most tournaments prohibit anyone under 13(Hasbro) and 15(Takara Tomy). It is intended for younger audiences, but that doesn't mean older people cannot enjoy it, and that's where the disconnect occurs to parents: to most parents, their child continuing to collect/play with toys is a sign of immaturity, even though it actually has little to do with maturity at all.

(Sep. 02, 2011  1:57 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2011  1:53 AM)METEOR DRAGO Wrote: yeah, What is the real Reason Parents Think beyblade is for kids?
Probably because it's a spinning top game with colorful characters/plastic pieces, an "ages 8+" label, and most tournaments prohibit anyone under 13(Hasbro) and 15(Takara Tomy). It is intended for younger audiences, but that doesn't mean older people cannot enjoy it, and that's where the disconnect occurs to parents: to most parents, their child continuing to collect/play with toys is a sign of immaturity, even though it actually has little to do with maturity at all.

but hey, if little kids play beys on a TT Attack stadium, with a Top Tier Attack Combo(Vulcan Pegasis 85 R2F), if the beys go out of control and flung out of the stadium, wouldn't it hit them, then they start crying, after that their parents think beys is dangerous......... you know what i mean.

(Sep. 02, 2011  3:09 AM)METEOR DRAGO Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2011  1:57 AM)Hazel Wrote:

but hey, if little kids play beys on a TT Attack stadium, with a Top Tier Attack Combo(Vulcan Pegasis 85 R2F), if the beys go out of control and flung out of the stadium, wouldn't it hit them, then they start crying, after that their parents think beys is dangerous......... you know what i mean.

Hasbro stadiums do not allow beys to fly out easily, and TakaraTomy insists that all users set up the cardboard barriers that come with BB-10s when using their stadiums. So, it would be on the parents to make sure the child sets it up properly according to the safety guidelines/suggestions provided by the company making the items.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Kai-V - Sep. 02, 2011

I would not write "insist", more "encourage". And even then, a lot of families do not play with stadium fences.

(Sep. 02, 2011  4:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I would not write "insist", more "encourage". And even then, a lot of families do not play with stadium fences.

It's on them if anything happens to the child either way, though. I'm just saying that the potential hazards of the toys are not a consideration to parents who think they're for children and, should anything happen to the child due to misuse of the item, the parent would only be more likely to blame the child, rather than going "Well, that toy can hurt people, I guess it's not for kids after all!".

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Benjohadi - Sep. 02, 2011

Parents hardly understand our hobby..even sometime beyblade can be dangerous, it should not be prohibited or baned...come one..this is the gameof all ages..same like remote control or gundam or car models collecting..but it seems most parents cant understand..
now..my parents are going to throm any packages that come right through our house's door becaiuse there is C4 attached to the beyblade..

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - .:J:. - Sep. 02, 2011

hhhm, wel my parents are really happy i'm good at something, especially after i won a loca competition and won a load of bey parts, and now they're letting me and a friend go to a tournament in london when there is one. i might take my other friends aswell and prove to them it's cool.

That is nice,great and any wondeful words should go in..

i am going 19 this 5 september..they told.."you are already so hairy but you still play thet spinning top"
man..this is sucks..

don't worry Benjohadi, you've still got us!!

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - excalibursonic - Sep. 02, 2011

yeah we are a group not understood people and we're helping each other to survive (okay maybe not survive but you know what do I mean)

(Sep. 02, 2011  5:39 PM)Nwolf Wrote: don't worry Benjohadi, you've still got us!!

haha..thanks..our country wise man phrase..
"if you want something,there will be always ways for achieving it"
so now..when i buy beyblades online..i will ship them to my GF's house..haha..they wont know or throw ny beyblades..XD

nice idea! if i want new beys and my parents refuse i just custom colour random parts and my parents are fine with it! also nice phrase

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - TerraKlipze - Sep. 08, 2011

I live by myself, sometimes even drink and hold private tournaments everyday with old friends, don't have to worry about parents.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Rendezvous - Sep. 08, 2011

I'm 16 and my parent don't mind. I just tell them i'm trying to reminisce the fun that i had playing with plastic beyblade when i was 6..

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - XXaron - Sep. 08, 2011

I'm lucky, since my parents really don't care... but the last 'tornument' I went to (Which was at all TRUs across the USA) on the way back my mom said that I was too old for the tornuments, but not for beys (Since pretty much every kid in my neighborhood loves beyblade and we battle a lot). My cousin actually told me about MFB beys, since he got them before I did (He lived in Canada, got them before me, but he gave me a Rock Aries to start off with). I'm just glad no one makes fun of me because of it.
~X

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Mickey - Sep. 08, 2011

You're never too old for beyblade. Just because it's a toy for kids doesn't mean that you should not play it; You're suppose to play beyblade if you love to play beyblade. Well for me, my parents are okay with it, they just complain because I talk about it 24/7 lol. Here's a story related to this topic.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Jay Harkins - Sep. 09, 2011

My mom used to hate Beyblade, but when I brought to the WBO Bey Lightning tournament back in August, she's been respecting me playing and even wants to help me run tournaments.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Neko Fury - Sep. 09, 2011

My parents say I'm too old for children's stuff, Pokemon, Beyblade etc. But hey, I still watch some children's anime and anime for older People to keep balance. I still like Pokemon even to this day. I guess my parent's do not mind me playing Pokemon or Beyblade (to an extent) as long as I focus on other things as well like studies.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - LR Blader - Sep. 09, 2011

(Jul. 05, 2011  9:46 AM)bobro1976 Wrote: As a parent myself, everything in moderation is my advice. As long you don't go nuts spending too much money into beyblades, I wouldn't bother saying anything as a parent. Then again, I understand how you would feel as I play beyblades as a 34 yrd old with my son and other parents look at me funny! haha. Not that I care. Men as they say are always kids at heart. Enjoy!

I take my hat off to you...

I'm 19 and it seems that this game will always be close to my heart. My parents are totally cool with it and they encourage me to join tournaments (for the big guys lol)... I've spent approximately PHP71,000 ($1700) on Beyblades ever since the time of the plastics without having to ask my parents for money to buy them...In that way they seem to like my attitude of saving up money for the things i like (which includes my other stuff other than Beyblades like my gadgets) which i think is a sign of being responsible for them... I'm not spoiled or anything it's just that I like buying my things out of my own savings(don't ask how much my allowance is everyday just imagine me getting something new at least every week or 2).And most of my stuff were bought online (I buy Takara Tomy beys online even if they sell Takara Tomy here in the Philippines) why? cuz my mom encourages me to get the latest stuff i can get my hands on...It's like additional bragging rights cuz if i wait for the local releases it won't be as spectacular as when they where newly released in Japan cuz by that time everyone has it already. I personally think Takara Tomy and Hasbro should remove the age limit or if not make a separate division for the more mature players.

RE: UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES. - Mickey - Sep. 10, 2011

(Sep. 09, 2011  9:11 AM)LR Blader Wrote: [quote='bobro1976' pid='704134' dateline='1309855567']
As a parent myself, everything in moderation is my advice. As long you don't go nuts spending too much money into beyblades, I wouldn't bother saying anything as a parent. Then again, I understand how you would feel as I play beyblades as a 34 yrd old with my son and other parents look at me funny! haha. Not that I care. Men as they say are always kids at heart. Enjoy!

Beyblade also teaches responsibility. To earn money to buy more tops, you have to earn it by doing chores, volunteering, etc.