World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Should we ban Basalt? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Should we ban Basalt? (/Thread-Should-we-ban-Basalt--38423)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Deikailo - Aug. 16, 2011

Has anyone else noticed that the argument isn't so much about Basalt than it is about the lack of attack?

Instead of banning Basalt, I'm going to bring up my suggestion of having the rules amended as 2 points for a KO to give bladers an incentive to choose attack. If bladers know that they can win the match faster if they used attack, then I'm sure more people will switch to attack for the sheer fact that a defense/stamina type will need to OS you 3 times whereas an attack type only needs 2 kills. If more people used attack types, less people would use stamina, making Basalt only good as a defense combo, which makes the most sense as you need a viable defense wheel in this game.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Hazel - Aug. 16, 2011

The only problem is that, in the event that Mercury DOES provide a reliable counter, that won't really mean anything for the most part - Mercury wheels are considerably more expensive than most other MFB wheels. Some users would be able to get them, but I only got one because a rather generous friend was willing to drop fifty dollars on it; that's a lot of money for the majority of the Beyblading community.

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:00 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Has anyone else noticed that the argument isn't so much about Basalt than it is about the lack of attack?

Instead of banning Basalt, I'm going to bring up my suggestion of having the rules amended as 2 points for a KO to give bladers an incentive to choose attack. If bladers know that they can win the match faster if they used attack, then I'm sure more people will switch to attack for the sheer fact that a defense/stamina type will need to OS you 3 times whereas an attack type only needs 2 kills. If more people used attack types, less people would use stamina, making Basalt only good as a defense combo, which makes the most sense as you need a viable defense wheel in this game.

I support this idea. I was actually under the impression that WBO already used the WBBA knockout rules.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - gforceturns - Aug. 16, 2011

i don't know about the 2nd format, but the idea of not allowing certain combinations is fine, there does seem like there are some combinations that are overpowered, unless you make specific beys to counter them. and the fact that new parts will be coming out gives people plenty of time to think about what to do, and how to do it, skill is always a factor

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Flame Aries - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:00 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Has anyone else noticed that the argument isn't so much about Basalt than it is about the lack of attack?

This is a good idea. It's just like the Beyblade Video game
KO=2 points
OS=1 point

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:05 AM)Hazel Wrote: The only problem is that, in the event that Mercury DOES provide a reliable counter, that won't really mean anything for the most part - Mercury wheels are considerably more expensive than most other MFB wheels. Some users would be able to get them, but I only got one because a rather generous friend was willing to drop fifty dollars on it; that's a lot of money for the majority of the Beyblading community.
Yeah, that makes a HUGE hole in my plan.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Black Wing - Aug. 16, 2011

Watch this video this proves basalt isn't undefeatable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUvWfLJBDJA

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - The Problem - Aug. 16, 2011

But wait bsalt can knock out a bey so easy

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:09 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Watch this video this proves basalt isn't undefeatable.

I thought we were already aware of this combo's proficiency against Basalt? Also, it isn't against Basalt BD145, which as I understand it, is the primary offender in the Basalt family for defense. Regardless, 130 isn't even a particularly fantastic track for Stamina OR Defense.

Again, this video proves little to nothing.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - KyubiBey - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:09 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Watch this video this proves basalt isn't undefeatable.

Yah, I posted a video similar to this. A member said RS can be easily outspun (idk if that's the correct term)...

Watch the video!It proves basalt isn't undefeatable.Plus the basalt had a metal face heavy on it not to mention.So the basalt wheel's weakness to me is a powerful attack bey.

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:14 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Watch the video!It proves basalt isn't undefeatable.Plus the basalt had a metal face heavy on it not to mention.So the basalt wheel's weakness to me is a powerful attack bey.

First and foremost:

No one is claiming it's unstoppable. Not one single person. At no point is it even implied that it's unstoppable. There ARE counters to it. The problem is, they're Attack types, and Attack is highly under-represented and rarely used to the profiency required to stop a Basalt. Moreover, the combinations that have been shown to counter it aren't in a high enough percentile to be considered highly reliable.

Unless you find a Defense and Stamina combo not involving Basalt that can bring it down, you're kind of arguing with ghosts.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Chaos Blader - Aug. 16, 2011

The only problem with this is that >230 height Basalt combos have a fairly high KO rate, so there's no way to be certain that people are getting their KOs with Attack types.

Black Wing the unacorn hit the wall and did not have much power left pluse he did only one battle so you dount know all the resalts

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:16 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  6:14 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Watch the video!It proves basalt isn't undefeatable.Plus the basalt had a metal face heavy on it not to mention.So the basalt wheel's weakness to me is a powerful attack bey.
Unless you find a Defense and Stamina combo not involving Basalt that can bring it down, you're kind of arguing with ghosts.
Hah! This is funny

@ Blackwing Find a video with a bey winning vs Basalt_____BD145 CS/MB ,then they'll start believing you

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - DSNoise - Aug. 16, 2011

This is just my sentiment, but KOs generated where the winner remains in only due to rebound off a wall, IMO, isn't enough proof that it's better than the other. Not to mention a new RS shouldn't have as much defense as one that's broken in.

Just believe in your beys.Cause i believe in myself and my bey Eagle.I believe we can take down basalt.Eagle is a earth eagle 145W2D.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Kai-V - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:29 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Just believe in your beys.Cause i believe in myself and my bey Eagle.I believe we can take down basalt.Eagle is a earth eagle 145W2D.

... Are you serious ...

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Chaos Blader - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:29 AM)Black Wing Wrote: Just believe in your beys.Cause i believe in myself and my bey Eagle.I believe we can take down basalt.Eagle is a earth eagle 145W2D.

Please stop posting in this thread.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Deikailo - Aug. 16, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

... Are you serious ...
He is completely serious...

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

... Are you serious ...
He's new to a serious thread...

BlackWing r u kidding around I took that out with one shot what r u Destin to lose every time

The only type that can take out bsalt is attack get that no other type just attack

(Aug. 16, 2011  6:46 AM)The Problem Wrote: The only type that can take out bsalt is attack get that no other type just attack
Let's do some testing today around 11:00 am

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - BeyCenter - Aug. 16, 2011

The reason I really don't think Basalt should get banned is with the commotion with VariAres going on, the metagame might be finally changing. And maybe one day we might be going over if we should ban VariAres. But as of now, its pretty much the only bey that has a pretty good win rate against basalt. So now I'm getting mixed thoughts. :\

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Temporal - Aug. 16, 2011

Deikailo: Cye is one of the members that get to defy the laws of physics. Brad, Cye, Blader DJ, and a few choice others. There should be a face for that.

I still think that Basalt is overpowered, but maybe the points thing will work.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - KaizerMFB - Aug. 16, 2011

Meh, i'll help do some testing, and find some combos to kill basalt, because y'know, i'm like that Wink
and er.....
Temporal I don't think you can make so many postswithout getting warned......or without harsh comments....Uncertain
EDIT: My personal opinion: it's not Basalt, its just the lack of attack type combos. a few defense and a couple of attacks? gg defense, you win the game. lol