World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Battle Strikers... heard of it? (/Thread-Battle-Strikers-heard-of-it)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Bey Brad - Oct. 01, 2009

No it's not. Baseball is a terrible sport. Everyone knows that.
(Oct. 01, 2009  4:34 AM)Minion Wrote: In other news: Tried to make it to Vaughn today so I could get my hands on flare/maelstorm, failed miserably, but ended up at Square 1 hours later and picked up Skullor. Square 1 had so many strikers in stock. Gotta say- Skullor is pretty sweet Grin

Is there really any differences in the plastic density or variation in the magnet cores?

I gave my Flare and Maelstrom to Beynval, I need to get some more from work. I named them, btw haha Grin

Skullor is by far the strongest Striker, I think. And there's no differences in the cores.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Bae Master - Oct. 01, 2009

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: No it's not. Baseball is a terrible sport. Everyone knows that.

I gave my Flare and Maelstrom to Beynval, I need to get some more from work. I named them, btw haha Grin

Skullor is by far the strongest Striker, I think. And there's no differences in the cores.

Haha thank you! I will keep them preciously as my first battle strikers!
Where did you get the inspiration for the name Maelstorm?

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - fragbait - Oct. 01, 2009

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: No it's not. Baseball is a terrible sport. Everyone knows that.

So are there no advantages to customizing currently, as opposed to uncustom? I have been fiddling with a couple combos from the samples Ambassador sent me and haven't' seen much difference quite yet. I have 2 defense types and 1 attack though...so...

The blue color combined with the turbines made me think of watery storm.
(Oct. 01, 2009  4:42 AM)fragbait Wrote: So are there no advantages to customizing currently, as opposed to uncustom? I have been fiddling with a couple combos from the samples Ambassador sent me and haven't' seen much difference quite yet. I have 2 defense types and 1 attack though...so...

There are some customs that perform rather well. Mine is Mauler Weapon, Rhino Armor, and Metal Sphere.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The blue color combined with the turbines made me think of watery storm.

There are some customs that perform rather well. Mine is Mauler Weapon, Rhino Armor, and Metal Sphere.

As a further question, have there been any advancements on OP outside of the Turbo Tour and random events showing up on the Youtube channel?
Clarifying: I don't mean dates, etc, but structuring, etc.

I can't say anything about it, but suffice to say we do not plan to continue this way forever. There is cool stuff coming in the new year.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - PengiunXS - Oct. 01, 2009

i am looking forward too seeing what Brad brings to this!!

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - MuchWow - Oct. 01, 2009

Thanks brad for agreeing with me for the first time? lol.

anyway, if i wanna compare them. i will think about 4 things:
1- Whats more fun to watch.. the answer imo is obv beyblade.
2- Whats more fun to play with.. cant give an answer since i haven't tried BS.
3- What looks better.. imo beyblade gets this point as well.
4- What is more fun to customize.. of course, i don't only mean customizing to make them look better, but also how much the customizing effect the gameplay. the more the better. i cant answer this as well since i haven't tried BS.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Mukilab1 - Oct. 01, 2009

I'm also duly pissed off with lies. Oh and don't tell me about my attitude. Wording the exact same meaning differently doesn't give you a right to slag me off.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I wanted to address some specific things. I am fine with criticism until it is incorrect.

I do not understand this complaint. I have no trouble controlling my Strikers. Perhaps your skill level is just not there yet. Also, please keep in mind some Strikers are harder to control than others. That is part of the tradeoff of the game.

I trained for a whole night and a morning (4+ hours in the night, 2+ hours in the morning). This isn't an exaggeration. I also have a ninjutsu. The 'easiest' to control. yes you can 'control' it unless you come within 20cm of your opponent but whats the point in having a control blade? If you manage to evade your blade wno't spin long enough.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The stadium is somewhat small, however, it's working within that confined space that is part of the game. In addition, there is a larger arena available at some retailers. It is built for four players, but I find it's quite fun with two.

And of course, we're working on future Arenas.

Wait so part of the game is creating a set of strikers which have no use whatsoever (control)?

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It is due to the metal sphere tip. This tip is currently the strongest of every tip. We are addressing gameplay balancing concerns (obviously, now that I am there, this is a big priority for me ...)

Why thank you.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Actually, every single Striker -- yes, every single one -- has a unique Weapon (or as you called it, "Attack Ring").

Different looks don't equal different weapons. Every single one has close to exactly the same perimeter. Only height and weight differ.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Again, this is completely untrue. There are eight different Armors and I can confidently say they all function differently.

So you mean that one has more weight. That's basically the weight system but made of plastic.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This will depend on which batteries you are using. Perhaps you should consider investing in some rechargeable batteries. We cannot help it; turning a motor that fast, that long will use a lot of energy.

Perhaps i should.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: There is no need for this. In Beyblade, you control your Beyblade's movements using only the shot. In Strikers, you control the Striker directly.

Despite this, there are different ways to use your Launcher that will produce different effects. Perhaps you have not played enough to come to that conclusion.

Yeh, actually i've researched this and tried every method i can think of, which included breaking my dragonblaze tip at one point.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Again, this is completely untrue. However, you said yourself you do not play it, so I am unsurprised you weren't aware of different methods.

I never said i didn't play it. I've tried and put in huge amounts of practice, basically time wasted.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: We use renders on the box art, not live photographs. In addition to that, you may notice the box says colors may vary. I am sure if it is that big of a problem for you, the store will accept a return.

Please inform me where this is on the box? I hate it how companies put the most important things in size 6.

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That is because it is not the same type of plastic at all. It is PVC, not ABS or PC. Obviously, these all have different properties, and PVC is softer and more flexible, but it is not "flimsier"; in fact, it is far less likely to break than Beyblade materials. Obviously, this material has its advantages and disadvantages, and we are looking into new types of materials every day.

Ok, please list the advantages and disadvantages.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Ominous - Oct. 01, 2009

You seem to be upset a fair amount on these forums. Perhaps you should evaluate that.

Quote:I'm also duly pissed off with lies. Oh and don't tell me about my attitude. Wording the exact same meaning differently doesn't give you a right to slag me off.

I do not lie. Nothing I said was a lie.

Also, I am not sure what you are talking about with that second part, I am not "slagging you off", I am answering your questions. I did not reword anything; I answered everything legitimately.

Mukilab, if you do not adjust your attitude I am sure the Committee here will feel free to adjust it for you. There have been several complaints filed against you already. Also try to remember that I seriously work with these toys every single day; therefore, I am confident I understand them better than you do.

Quote:Wait so part of the game is creating a set of strikers which have no use whatsoever (control)?

Lots of people enjoy the control aspect of Battle Strikers. Obviously we are assessing how we can make this more competitively advantageous in future iterations. However, for me Skullor, Tank, etc. are very easy to control and are very strong competitively.

One important technique you can perform with control is Cornering. This is where you push your opponent's Striker into a corner so that the friction their Striker receives from the environment is multiplied. This way, the opposing Striker is losing spin at 2-3 times the rate you are. I use this method to win many battles.

Quote:Different looks don't equal different weapons. Every single one has close to exactly the same perimeter. Only height and weight differ.

They have similar perimeters, but different shapes, slopes, weight balancing, etc. If you sincerely cannot tell the difference between Weapons, you are not looking hard enough. There are many different things you can accomplish via different Weapons. I use Mauler's Weapon because the protrusions are very large and cause a lot of damage.

Most Beyblade ARs and Wheels have similar perimeters. Therefore, by your logic I can conclude that they are all the same.

Quote:So you mean that one has more weight. That's basically the weight system but made of plastic.

That is not what I said at all. Some will knock the opponent away whilst others will absorb the attack, which obviously leads to different rates of stamina and offensiveness. Again, as I said they all have various functions and there is an effect by choosing different ones. Otherwise, I would not have customized my Striker at all.

Quote:Yeh, actually i've researched this and tried every method i can think of, which included breaking my dragonblaze tip at one point.

Oh, therefore if you could not think of it, it does not exist?

As I said, I work here every day and have several different Launching methods ... there should be a video up soon.

Quote:Please inform me where this is on the box? I hate it how companies put the most important things in size 6.

It is on the disclaimer on the bottom of the box, just as it is with every single toy ever. I realize it is in small print, but this disclaimer is written on every toy manufactured, so consider it a lesson for the future.

Quote:Ok, please list the advantages and disadvantages.

Well, as I stated, the likelihood of PVC breaking is virtually zero because it is a softer plastic that absorbs shock much better than ABS or PC. Safety was a large concern so reducing recoil and likelihood of injury was an important idea for the designers to keep in mind. Obviously though, we have recognized that there are older players for whom this is not a concern, and we are working towards addressing those concerns in future iterations of the product.

If you cannot talk with civility, I would suggest you leave this thread. It was stated early on that this thread would remain civil, and obviously as I work on this project, I am happy to answer any questions. However, as the founder of the WBO, I won't tolerate your bad attitude towards someone who is genuinely considering and responding to your queries.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Dude - Oct. 01, 2009

(Oct. 01, 2009  4:56 PM)Mukilab Wrote: *Incredibly long nagging*

And I thought I complained a lot...

(Oct. 01, 2009  5:16 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I do not lie. Nothing I said was a lie.

Also, I am not sure what you are talking about with that second part, I am not "slagging you off", I am answering your questions. I did not reword anything; I answered everything legitimately.

Mukilab, if you do not adjust your attitude I am sure the Committee here will feel free to adjust it for you. There have been several complaints filed against you already. Also try to remember that I seriously work with these toys every single day; therefore, I am confident I understand them better than you do.

Lots of people enjoy the control aspect of Battle Strikers. Obviously we are assessing how we can make this more competitively advantageous in future iterations. However, for me Skullor, Tank, etc. are very easy to control and are very strong competitively.

One important technique you can perform with control is Cornering. This is where you push your opponent's Striker into a corner so that the friction their Striker receives from the environment is multiplied. This way, the opposing Striker is losing spin at 2-3 times the rate you are. I use this method to win many battles.

They have similar perimeters, but different shapes, slopes, weight balancing, etc. If you sincerely cannot tell the difference between Weapons, you are not looking hard enough. There are many different things you can accomplish via different Weapons. I use Mauler's Weapon because the protrusions are very large and cause a lot of damage.

Most Beyblade ARs and Wheels have similar perimeters. Therefore, by your logic I can conclude that they are all the same.

That is not what I said at all. Some will knock the opponent away whilst others will absorb the attack, which obviously leads to different rates of stamina and offensiveness. Again, as I said they all have various functions and there is an effect by choosing different ones. Otherwise, I would not have customized my Striker at all.

Oh, therefore if you could not think of it, it does not exist?

As I said, I work here every day and have several different Launching methods ... there should be a video up soon.

It is on the disclaimer on the bottom of the box, just as it is with every single toy ever. I realize it is in small print, but this disclaimer is written on every toy manufactured, so consider it a lesson for the future.

Well, as I stated, the likelihood of PVC breaking is virtually zero because it is a softer plastic that absorbs shock much better than ABS or PC. Safety was a large concern so reducing recoil and likelihood of injury was an important idea for the designers to keep in mind. Obviously though, we have recognized that there are older players for whom this is not a concern, and we are working towards addressing those concerns in future iterations of the product.

If you cannot talk with civility, I would suggest you leave this thread. It was stated early on that this thread would remain civil, and obviously as I work on this project, I am happy to answer any questions. However, as the founder of the WBO, I won't tolerate your bad attitude towards someone who is genuinely considering and responding to your queries.

I never said the defense blades were bad to control, i said in blades built for control that they were worthless.
Neither did i say that i did not have several launching methods, just that nearly all of them are so similar it's ridiculous.
You think I've never done cornering? Did you see where i wrote that i spent more than 6 hours practicing? Have you even tried a ninjutsu vs skullor, i even got my friend to make himself go in the corner and let me do furious attacks that go across nearly the whole stadium and ninjutsu still lost. And let's be realistic, if you use a more balanced blade such as dragonblaze, shark or supercharge than the opponent won't just sit in that corner, and without that control you can't do anything about it. Skullor doesn't even recoil! Even when i do a smash attack from the launcher.
Slopes won't make a difference if they have the same perimeter, height of tip and bottom will and I've already mentioned weight.
yes most beyblades have the same perimeter but they have so many models that it's just crazy. Bistool and draciel MBD have roughly the same perimeter. They the same? Compare knight dranzer and driger s; same? Wolborg and master dragoon (ok master dragoon has an awesome AR)?
Thank you for stating why you used that type of plastic.

To address your last point why should i even change my context? Every time i post something i get these annoying posts like yours unless it's the music recommendations thread and frankly, I'm pissed off.

I already stated that Strikers with metal tips are the strongest. I already stated we are addressing that concern. You are stating things I have already stated in an attempt to prove me incorrect, which does not make sense.

How about Tank Vs. Skullor? The player with the better control and positioning will be at an immense advantage. Is it that different from Beyblade, which only has several competitive combos, as well?

Quote:Slopes won't make a difference if they have the same perimeter, height of tip and bottom will and I've already mentioned weight.

That isn't true at all. I think everyone here is able to understand that the different shape will affect performance.

Quote:yes most beyblades have the same perimeter but they have so many models that it's just crazy. Bistool and draciel MBD have roughly the same perimeter. They the same?

No, they're not. But by your logic, they are. If you put Bistool's AR and MBD's AR on the same WD and Base, will they perform the same? No. Different side-shapes and weight balancing will cause them to perform differently.

Quote:Wolborg and master dragoon (ok master dragoon has an awesome AR)?

They're not the same perimeter at all.

Quote:To address your last point why should i even change my context? Every time i post something i get these annoying posts like yours unless it's the music recommendations thread and frankly, I'm pissed off.

Because I am responding to you politely and honestly and you are giving me attitude for it.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Ominous - Oct. 01, 2009

If posts made against yours upset you, you should take a step back and evaluate. Evaluate if you worded your post in a hostile tone, or if the other poster was simply being a jerk. If it's the latter, then simply report the post and let the committee deal with it. However, if you are noticing a trend where you are frequently seeing a particular tone in response to your posts, then it may very well be the former.

Regardless, if you're upset, you should be mature enough to have the discernment that being upset does not give you justification for being hostile on a public forum.

It's really too bad that the great info in Brad's posts had to come during an arguement.

(Oct. 01, 2009  5:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I already stated that Strikers with metal tips are the strongest. I already stated we are addressing that concern. You are stating things I have already stated in an attempt to prove me incorrect, which does not make sense.

How about Tank Vs. Skullor? The player with the better control and positioning will be at an immense advantage. Is it that different from Beyblade, which only has several competitive combos, as well?

That isn't true at all. I think everyone here is able to understand that the different shape will affect performance.

No, they're not. But by your logic, they are. If you put Bistool's AR and MBD's AR on the same WD and Base, will they perform the same? No. Different side-shapes and weight balancing will cause them to perform differently.

They're not the same perimeter at all.

Because I am responding to you politely and honestly and you are giving me attitude for it.

Tank vs Skullor? APPARENTLY these are supposed to have the same 'stats'. Beyblade has the exact same thing, comparing that leads to nothing.

Different shape will lead to different weight distribution but if you have nearly the exact same perimeter than there is barely any change unless you have one side made of iron.

That's because beyblades actually have DRAMATIC changes.

Multiple accounts are against the rules Mukilab.

Multiple accounts? I just see this as a replacement since i can't post with my old one. Even on my own threads.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Crimson - Oct. 01, 2009

(Oct. 01, 2009  6:47 PM)Mukilab1 Wrote: Multiple accounts? I just see this as a replacement since i can't post with my old one. Even on my own threads.

You don't think there's a reason for that?
You aren't allowed to have multiple accounts, or 'replacement' accounts.

(Oct. 01, 2009  6:47 PM)Mukilab1 Wrote: Multiple accounts? I just see this as a replacement since i can't post with my old one. Even on my own threads.

That means you've been banned. Trust me, I've been there.

(Oct. 01, 2009  6:48 PM)Crimson Wrote: You don't think there's a reason for that?
You aren't allowed to have multiple accounts, or 'replacement' accounts.

Yeh i guess so. But so far i've only made rash comments on this thread. So why ban me on others?

(Oct. 01, 2009  6:49 PM)fragbait Wrote: That means you've been banned. Trust me, I've been there.

50%. halfway there.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Serotonin - Oct. 01, 2009

"The WBO operates a warning system. For each infraction you will receive a warning on your account, depending on the severity of the infraction.

30% is a 24 hour suspension.
60% is a 7-day suspension.
90% is a 30-day suspension.
100% will ban your account from the site permanently.

If you do something that is clearly meant as a violation that defies rules, you can be banned permanently and immediately."

You've made a mistake by making another account.

(Oct. 01, 2009  6:58 PM)♥ Wrote: "The WBO operates a warning system. For each infraction you will receive a warning on your account, depending on the severity of the infraction.

30% is a 24 hour suspension.
60% is a 7-day suspension.
90% is a 30-day suspension.
100% will ban your account from the site permanently.

If you do something that is clearly meant as a violation that defies rules, you can be banned permanently and immediately."

You've made a mistake by making another account.

I didn't even read the rules. o_o

Lol Joyful_3

That doesn't stop me from doing anything i want. Seriously even captcha couldn't stop me :o

EDIT:; i don't mean to harm this site in any way, please do not interpret it as that. My rashness is only directed at one person. not the community.

(Oct. 01, 2009  7:01 PM)Mukilab1 Wrote: I didn't even read the rules. o_o

Lol Joyful_3

That doesn't stop me from doing anything i want. Seriously even captcha couldn't stop me :o

EDIT:; i don't mean to harm this site in any way, please do not interpret it as that. My rashness is only directed at one person. not the community.

I've made the same mistake of doing things that could get me banned. You better hope the mods are generous today. If you have 50% that's a suspension, and you're suspension dodging.

EDIT: Seems not.