World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Anime and Manga (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Anime-and-Manga)
+--- Thread: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade (/Thread-Original-Beyblade-V-S-Metal-Fight-Beyblade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - ReallyRandomTJ - Aug. 20, 2009

Thats cos they aren't meant to. Pinching_eyes_2 lol

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Ariamis776 - Aug. 20, 2009

Aye but u can understand that someppl try to compare em with the bladebreakers.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - フェルグラント - Aug. 20, 2009

Takara-Tomy requested for a completely different anime and characters

So, there's no way any of the characters would have the same personalities

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - ReallyRandomTJ - Aug. 20, 2009

I know. which is annoying. dont people get the hint.
New characters, new personalities. lol

Beaten by Felgrand. XD

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dude - Aug. 20, 2009

(Aug. 20, 2009  11:57 AM)FelGrand Wrote: Takara-Tomy requested for a completely different anime and characters

Then they failed, if that's really whattheywanted. Kyouya is a little too much like Kai not to notice. All the Face Hunter doesn't have is a shocking back-story in Russia.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Ariamis776 - Aug. 20, 2009

>.> but u gotta admit, kai was freaking awesome

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Serotonin - Aug. 20, 2009

(Aug. 20, 2009  2:03 PM)Dude Wrote: Then they failed, if that's really whattheywanted. Kyouya is a little too much like Kai not to notice. All the Face Hunter doesn't have is a shocking back-story in Russia.

Ahahaha.

But he might, I suppose. There is that shroud of mystery about Kyouya.

Besides, most of the characters are pretty much archetypal; there's not much original about any of the characters.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Tempestas007 - Aug. 20, 2009

People merely use the Kai/Kyouya thing as a crutch to try an find a reason to hate MFB, because they are too stuck in the past to accept something new.

"OMG! He's a loner a gang that steals something from the kiddies, and plays in a warehouse!!!!!!1111 They're copying Kai!!!111111"

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - B3ASTLY - Aug. 20, 2009

im a fan of kai, and kyouya, but i want ppl to notice that theres a difference between being a "fan", and a "fanboy"

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - A.E.Cerridwyn - Aug. 21, 2009

(Aug. 20, 2009  8:41 PM)B3ASTLY Wrote: im a fan of kai, and kyouya, but i want ppl to notice that theres a difference between being a "fan", and a "fanboy"

Same here. Except it's fangirl in my case. Joyful_2' I can get fangirlish sometimes, but it's not that bad and I don't do it here.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Galaxxy - Aug. 21, 2009

Madoka is alot like kenny though you've got to admit.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - B3ASTLY - Aug. 21, 2009

(Aug. 21, 2009  8:09 AM)AlphaBlader Wrote: Madoka is alot like kenny though you've got to admit.

true, but what would beyblade be without a team geek? Tongue_out

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - ReallyRandomTJ - Aug. 21, 2009

They probably didn't want a male nerd/geek so they added Madoka instead. lol
(The coolest thing Madokas done so far - is fighting Merci. XD)

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - firelord767 - Aug. 21, 2009

Big diffrence num 1: Gender
Big Diffrence num 2: Everything else besides being a Geek/Nerd.
Big Diffrnece num 3: Kenny is a Nerd, Modoka-chan is a Geek. I know these things.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dude - Aug. 21, 2009

(Aug. 20, 2009  3:53 PM)Tempestas007 Wrote: People merely use the Kai/Kyouya thing as a crutch to try an find a reason to hate MFB, because they are too stuck in the past to accept something new.

Hope you're not talking about me, 'cause I vastly prefer MFB rather than the original. But I can't ignore how similar Kai and Kyoura are. The Loner-Guy is a classic personnality, so it's not really ripped from Kai, but it's pretty obvious...

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - firelord767 - Aug. 21, 2009

lol it was ripped from elvis!

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dude - Aug. 21, 2009

(Aug. 21, 2009  10:04 PM)firelord767 Wrote: lol it was ripped from elvis!

What does that even mean? What does Elvis have to do with any of this?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Tempestas007 - Aug. 21, 2009

(Aug. 21, 2009  9:19 PM)Dude Wrote: Hope you're not talking about me

I wasn't.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Ariamis776 - Aug. 24, 2009

Going back to the first page, uhh if u notice: G-rev focused more on battles than Bit beast.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - thomasvye - Aug. 25, 2009

Hn. I find this topic interesting...it is something I have been pondering.

Personally, I will always prefer Beyblade (the first three series) on grounds of nostalgia. This is not to say that I don't think Metal Fight is not excellent; I think it is, and I very much enjoy it. But the original show was one of my first fandoms and was the first anime series I ever saw from start to finish (of all three seasons). For that reason, it will always have a special place in my heart, as will it's characters. It's been there for years. Metal Fight is new. New has it's own shiny appeal, but ... well, maybe when Metal Fight has been around for years too, I'll feel as strongly bonded to it.

On the Kai/Kyouya business, for me, Kai has the edge again. People can rage all they like, but Kai's been around as a beloved character for ages and Kyouya would have to be a lot more special than he is, bless him, to displace the mighty Kai from my affections! (Personally, as you can probably guess, I like Daidouji best myself in MFBeyblade - the animators cruelly downgraded his cool and didn't depict him emerging from the still-flying helicopter as the manga did! ;_; That was one of my favourite panels!).

On Kai and Kyouya's characters, I don't think they are much alike, though I do think Kyouya's place in the party covers Kai territory and his relationship with Ginga has definite parallels with that of Takao and Kai (the archetypal 'bad guy' being won grudgingly over by the 'good guy' but retaining his distance anyway). Kyouya is perhaps a bit more hot tempered than Kai though. Like Ginga is considerably less preaching-in-your-face annoying than Takao.

(Kyouya or Kai? Kai. Ginga or Takao? Ginga.)

Personally, I liked the similiarity in the background, between Kai and Kyouya; to me, it's enough that the stories are similar enough that it's Beyblade, but different enough to have their own new identity. It felt almost like a tribute right at the start, that the two stories begin in very similar fashion.

More generally, the structure of MF Beyblade has been very different thus far, since it's had a pretty much tournament-free story, but when the Battle Bladers arc begins, this may change and there may be greater similarity.

Madoka looks to me to be a female 'Kyouju'/Kenny, basically. She is not exactly *like* him, but they have the same very basic role; to provide a running commentary and technical information in battles to the other spectators and thus to us as well. I quite like her myself (I thought I would loathe her, as she looked like she would be 'token girl' and was pleasantly surprised).

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Ariamis776 - Aug. 25, 2009

Well, ive thought everything over, u guys win MFB > 1,2,3..

Hey, if virgo was going to have some attacks what would they be, i have some ideas: Virgo Rush, Zodiac Rage, any others, i dunno wat element virgo rage.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Bey Brad - Aug. 25, 2009

(Aug. 25, 2009  9:08 PM)JB Virgo770 Wrote: Hey, if virgo was going to have some attacks what would they be, i have some ideas: Virgo Rush, Zodiac Rage, any others, i dunno wat element virgo rage.

um

what does that have to do with anything

Well, to be honest nothing, but i was thinking of doing a short story of some kind about virgo and cant think of attacks. and wanted ideas, as far as my mfb knowledge goes (At this point its very limited) there has not been a character announced for virgo.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - B3ASTLY - Aug. 26, 2009

(Aug. 25, 2009  9:40 PM)JB Virgo770 Wrote: Well, to be honest nothing, but i was thinking of doing a short story of some kind about virgo and cant think of attacks. and wanted ideas, as far as my mfb knowledge goes (At this point its very limited) there has not been a character announced for virgo.

well if there still isnt a character for virgo, there might be in the future.

btw, this doesnt really have anything to do with the topic :\