x play

ok is a show thats show you demos of video games and rates diferent video game and that rateing are normaly pritty decent [note i was shure if i was saposed to poot this in media or video games]
this is on G4 right? carp station
Tamer Brad Wrote:this is on G4 right? carp station

why is it carp
rooneyt Wrote:

why is it carp

everyone who likes video games knows g4 sucks
Tamer Brad Wrote:
rooneyt Wrote:

why is it carp

everyone who likes video games knows g4 sucks

qft

But honestly, X-Play is a good show. I like it, at least. X-Play is pretty much the only good thing G4 has going for itself.
ya x play is kool [ok its petty bad but wat ever]
I don't really care for reviews themselves. I just watch any clips I can find of a game, in addition to textual research (as in reading details on the game itself before it gets released: Smash Dojo is an example) and if I think it looks interesting to me, I'll buy it. I just don't want to listen to reviewers judging games because when people say a game is "good" or "bad," obviously they're going to be speaking from their own viewpoints, and just because they like any given game doesn't mean everyone else will, and vice versa; something they might not like will be enjoyable to someone else, with different tastes and experiences.
I lol'd when I read "textual research" because it seems so unnecessarily verbose.
Ichida Wrote:I don't really care for reviews themselves. I just watch any clips I can find of a game, in addition to textual research (as in reading details on the game itself before it gets released: Smash Dojo is an example) and if I think it looks interesting to me, I'll buy it. I just don't want to listen to reviewers judging games because when people say a game is "good" or "bad," obviously they're going to be speaking from their own viewpoints, and just because they like any given game doesn't mean everyone else will, and vice versa; something they might not like will be enjoyable to someone else, with different tastes and experiences.

For most people reading reviews is "textual research".

I don't just read one review and then go from there. I typically read at least three and watch some footage of the game and make a decision from there. If the game still looks interesting enough to me after reading 3 or so reviews then chances are I'll still buy it.

Websites like metacritic.com are also very useful to me when I'm considering a game purchase because it averages review scores from many trusted sources. Typically anything that scores sub-80 on Metacritic I won't buy. I don't have a lot of cash to spend on games anymore so I really try to buy only those that I know I will love. I don't like to take risks when it comes to games, especially when they cost $50-$60 a pop and re-sell for less than half of that. :\
Morgan Webb is the only real reason to watch it. Honestly, I'll watch it every now and then out of bordom.
Roan Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:I don't really care for reviews themselves. I just watch any clips I can find of a game, in addition to textual research (as in reading details on the game itself before it gets released: Smash Dojo is an example) and if I think it looks interesting to me, I'll buy it. I just don't want to listen to reviewers judging games because when people say a game is "good" or "bad," obviously they're going to be speaking from their own viewpoints, and just because they like any given game doesn't mean everyone else will, and vice versa; something they might not like will be enjoyable to someone else, with different tastes and experiences.

I don't just read one review and then go from there. I typically read at least three and watch some footage of the game and make a decision from there. If the game still looks interesting enough to me after reading 3 or so reviews then chances are I'll still buy it.

Websites like metacritic.com are also very useful to me when I'm considering a game purchase because it averages review scores from many trusted sources. Typically anything that scores sub-80 on Metacritic I won't buy. I don't have a lot of cash to spend on games anymore so I really try to buy only those that I know I will love. I don't like to take risks when it comes to games, especially when they cost $50-$60 a pop and re-sell for less than half of that. :\

bu-bu-bu-bu THE DARKNESS

WHY WON'T YOU TRY EUGHHHHH
Katashi Wrote:Morgan Webb is the only real reason to watch it. Honestly, I'll watch it every now and then out of bordom.

Is this only because of the fact that she's a female, plays video games, and to some is attractive looking? Uncertain

Hell I know a girl or two who meets that "criteria" but are way better looking. Uncertain

--

I like this show. I don't like anything else on G4. Some of their satire moments make me laugh.
Artie Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

bu-bu-bu-bu THE DARKNESS

WHY WON'T YOU TRY EUGHHHHH

The Darkness scored really high in the reviews I read.

All were roughly in the 9 area. Metacritic has it listed way lower, but I played that game way before I started using MC and I'm glad I did. I loved it.

Anyway, I like the show for its goofy humor.
bugturtles Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:Morgan Webb is the only real reason to watch it. Honestly, I'll watch it every now and then out of bordom.

Is this only because of the fact that she's a female, plays video games, and to some is attractive looking? Uncertain

Hell I know a girl or two who meets that "criteria" but are way better looking. Uncertain

--

I like this show. I don't like anything else on G4. Some of their satire moments make me laugh.

I know some, somewhat attractive, but that's besides the point.

I CAST THEE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G4 is carp

almost everyone agrees with this, just because it's about video games doesn't make it good
Tamer Brad Wrote:G4 is carp

almost everyone agrees with this, just because it's about video games doesn't make it good

Well that's the thing.

G4 really doesn't have very much video game coverage anymore. Since they merged with Tech TV the only video game coverage is X-Play and Cinematech, and I don't even count Cinematech as coverage because its just cut scenes from random carp games.
haha, oh

TV isn't really a good format to talk about video games (ironically)
Tamer Brad Wrote:G4 is carp

Damn right.

Roan Wrote:Well that's the thing.

G4 really doesn't have very much video game coverage anymore. Since they merged with Tech TV the only video game coverage is X-Play and Cinematech, and I don't even count Cinematech as coverage because its just cut scenes from random carp games.

No for a while they had stuff like Filter (the old one that was about games and had hottie Diane Mizota), Arena (though it was sorta dumb), and the gaming-educational original Icons (each was a documentary on a specific gaming topic like Valve or the Dreamcast).

Oh come on, everyone loves Star Trek 2.0 and COPS reruns!
I love Xplay. Now it is more than just reviewing games they give you trailers, reviews updates and a bunch of other carp.
yesssss!!!! i love xplay
Litrid Wrote:I love Xplay. Now it is more than just reviewing games they give you trailers, reviews updates and a bunch of other carp.
www.1up.com