BeyCloud - TAKARA-TOMY's various ways to collect BeyPoints

Represent the WBO on BeyCloud!
If you sign up for an account on the BeyCloud, add "WBO" before your username (ex. "WBO Kai-V") to let everyone on the rankings know where you came from! If you username won't fit within the character limit with "WBO" added, post here and someone may be able to help you translate it to Japanese which will contain fewer characters overall.

We have already discussed this system a lot in the main topic for Beyblade Burst, but it will indeed eventually have to be separated into different threads in the regular forums, so here it is.

「Welcome to BEYBLADE」 ...

[Image: BeybladeBurst_BeyCloud_siteindex.jpg]

The word "BeyCloud" actually refers to a whole group of activities related to Beyblade that TAKARA-TOMY uses to keep your head in the Beyblade cloud everyday and in which you can all gain BeyPoints. These points accumulate and when you reach a certain level, you can exchange them for prize Beyblades such as Umaterios Aero Assault. The points then get deduced from your total, of course. However, reaching the proper number of BeyPoints required for a certain prize does not guarantee that you will receive it; it gives you a chance. TAKARA-TOMY will ship the prize to you, most likely at a Japanese address, if you do get picked.

A web application is linked to the BeyCloud; it basically houses all the points, data on how you obtained each set of points, your wins and losses, etc. It was launched this July 10th 2015 on TAKARA-TOMY's official Beyblade website : http://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/

Anybody around the world can create an account on TAKARA-TOMY's website. However, you need to submit a BeyCode before you can truly activate your account, earn real and big amounts of BeyPoints and be eligible to win prize Beyblades, at least if you live in Japan. BeyCodes are written on BeyCode Cards that come inside each Beyblade Burst product (from Japan so far, of course).
Everytime you input a new BeyCode, it adds the parts from that product to your "Garage", which lists all the Beyblade Burst pieces you own and even how many of each you own. That obviously only works with new products, nothing pre-owned unless the BeyCode has never been used.

[Image: BeybladeBurst_app_Garage.jpg]

As on most sites with profiles, you can change the avatar and the background of your profile to those you prefer among those listed by TAKARA-TOMY.

There are several ways to gain BeyPoints, all related to the activities they would like you to be doing almost everyday. The BeyLogger is used for two of these methods and is not required for all of the other ways. Here is the complete list of methods known so far :
  • Winning a WBBA tournament - Your performance at official tournaments in stores will get added to your record, and if you actually place in the top three, in Japan, then you may even receive "Badges" and "Trophies" in your account in the web application.
    [Image: BeybladeBurst_app_Badges.jpg]

[Image: BeybladeBurst_app_Trophies.jpg]

• Shooting Power - not only does the result of the battle count, but you can get BeyPoints depending on your launching power. The BeyLogger records your average shooting power as well as your best launch strength. Once that data is transfered into the application, it also shows you the average of other Bladers.

• BeyCodes - these codes allow your account to really 'come to life', but inputting several also gets you many additional BeyPoints. So, the more Beyblade Burst products you buy, the more points you get if you submit the BeyCodes that come with them.

• BeyQuiz - answering a question correctly gives you 50 points in the 3.2.1 Go Answer! quiz. However, to avoid abuse of this method to get BeyPoints, you can only answer one question per day.

• Random small achievements - creating an account gives you ten points, or at least it did when you signed up on the day of the application's launch.

• Anime/manga - although the methods are unknown at the moment, there will be a way to gain BeyPoints that is related to watching the anime and/or reading the manga.

• Amusement machine - it is strongly hinted that TAKARA-TOMY will introduce a sort of Bey Ta arcade machine inside select stores in Japan where players will be able to battle against a mecanised Beyblade and given that they win, they gain more BeyPoints.

With those BeyPoints, TAKARA-TOMY has created a worldwide ranking system that ranks Bladers in order based on the number of BeyPoints they have accumulated. The rank list will also write where you live :

[Image: Beybladeburst_worldwideranking.jpg]

What the BeyCloud means is that whatever you do in your day, whether you are close to a tournament, whether you even have friends to play with or not, you can participate and earn BeyPoints anyway, and hopefully one day reach the level of BeyPoints required for a prize.

If I forgot anything, just let me know, this is quite complex and I am going by memory hah.
The app is extremely professional, I really like it. I honestly think the shooting power thing is amazing, just like that special Hasbro launcher but better! Also can't wait to see how the new Bey Ta machine looks, really love the idea of it!
Okay i really do not understand this but when your bey logger is attached to your launcher does that mean you have to detach the logger from your launcher every time just to get beypoints or the RPM of your beyblade, that is REALLY inconvenient
Has anyone tried using the app on an iPad yet? Do we know if it should work on any current iOS device? I just tried (since it is the only iOS or Android device I have access to) and was receiving errors when I tried to scan BeyCodes and when I tried inserting my BeyLogger (this one led to some kind of "Timeout Error").
(Jul. 11, 2015  2:30 AM)Kei Wrote: Has anyone tried using the app on an iPad yet? Do we know if it should work on any current iOS device? I just tried (since it is the only iOS or Android device I have access to) and was receiving errors when I tried to scan BeyCodes and when I tried inserting my BeyLogger (this one led to some kind of "Timeout Error").
I was actually getting logged out of my account when i was putting in the bey codes, and my bey logger doesn't even work (i have android)
(Jul. 11, 2015  2:30 AM)Kei Wrote: Has anyone tried using the app on an iPad yet? Do we know if it should work on any current iOS device? I just tried (since it is the only iOS or Android device I have access to) and was receiving errors when I tried to scan BeyCodes and when I tried inserting my BeyLogger (this one led to some kind of "Timeout Error").

Ah, it only works with the iPad mini for some reason ? Here is the full list of supported devices :
https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/howto#spList
The BeyCodes idea is a very interesting marketing method. Buy more Burst, get more points. More points = possible prizes; kind of like credits for the Credits Campaign.

Very, very cool. Definitely wanna get my hands on an iOS or Android device in the future. For now though, I'm gonna have to miss out on the fun. Unhappy
(Jul. 11, 2015  2:37 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Ah, it only works with the iPad mini for some reason ? Here is the full list of supported devices :
https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/howto#spList

Ah, that's lame. Guess I'll have to borrow someone's device when I get a chance. 1234beyblade ... bring your Android device to the tournament this weekend haha.
Great, now I'll be stuck using my Nexus 5 for the BeyCloud.. Unhappy
I only have an IPhone 4S... oh well.

EDIT: Wait, it works on it?! WOOO!
So, if you don't have a smartphone, you can't access to the BeyCloud ? Nice.
What, did Apple and Takara Tomy make a deal in order to sell more Smartphones?
Let's hope that our BeyPoint System won't be affected by the smartphone-only BeyCloud.
(Jul. 11, 2015  2:54 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: So, if you don't have a smartphone, you can't access to the BeyCloud ? Nice.

No, you can access it and get BeyPoints, but no BeyPoints related to battling and the BeyLogger.

Considering all the extra BeyPoints you can get for various actions, our ranking system will still remain the best method to rank Bladers on their performance.
(Jul. 11, 2015  3:00 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: Let's hope that our BeyPoint System won't be affected by the smartphone-only BeyCloud.

It won't be. Our system is and always will remain completely separate.
Yo guys, how about we all register as "WBO (name)" ? Dominating the board in the old Off the Chain way. It would be awesome for TAKARA-TOMY and others once the ranking system is open to see numerous "WBO" Bladers in the list.

Too late for four or five of us, but not for the thousand others to come !
Finally I get to know how it works
(Jul. 11, 2015  3:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo guys, how about we all register as "WBO (name)" ? Dominating the board in the old Off the Chain way. It would be awesome for TAKARA-TOMY and others once the ranking system is open to see numerous "WBO" Bladers in the list.

Too late for four or five of us, but not for the thousand others to come !

I wish you thought of this earlier...
Just make new accounts, guys? It would be fun Grin

I guess I'll be WBO Hato
(Jul. 11, 2015  3:13 AM)Hato Wrote: Just make new accounts, guys? It would be fun Grin

I guess I'll be WBO Hato

Yeah, but... I want to use the same email address. Tongue_out Does anyone see an option to change my email address? I've been looking around but I can't find anything.

Another though, what if we all get banned for having WBO in our names? I seriously doubt that TT even knows we exist. And if they googled WBO it's not like it would lead to us.

Edit: Guys, I found it. go to your profile and scroll all the way down. You can even change your username.
Guess I'll be "WBO Jinbee"... If I register at all.
WBO have started to take over the BeyCloud. I have my account and even there I'm still MissingNo.
(Jul. 11, 2015  3:24 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: WBO have started to take over the BeyCloud. I have my account and even there I'm still MissingNo.
1234beyblade did not fit D: i had to use 1234BB Crying
Ah yes, you can change your username, it is true hah.

By the way, what I meant by taking over the old Off the Chain way is that several Members of Off the Chain, Brad's old Beyblade website, had signed up on the Beyblade.com forums (which were heavily moderated by Hasbro or Nelvana staff) and they all had "OtC_" usernames and were clearly great at answering questions and things like that.
Good idea, Kai-V. Just changed mine to WBO Kei.