metagame discussion

Poll: is the attack metagame dead???

yes
44.12%
no
55.88%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
The main reason why Hell BD145 beats EarthWD and BurnWD is because of the combined weight of hell with the plastic material of BD145. Hell BD145CS has trouble against MF-H Basalt 230CS because the contact is metal to metal with Hell peing pushed into the stadium causing an increase in fiction. This is also why Burn 145variant WD defeats Earth low track variant WD via Outspin. Gravity Perseus 145variant lowgriptip variant performs well against MF-H Hell/Flame 230CS but still struggles against MF-H Basalt 230CS. One of the reasons is that the unevenly distributed weight of Basalt allows it to be responsive and KO the Perseus combo rather than sit in the middle and wait to be destablised as in the case of Hell, Flame and indeed Earth.
Dang, hell seemed to manage so well, I mean, on Metal Flat , it DOES throw basalt around like it's Midnight or something. The aim I'm looking for with basalt is to KO, not Destabilise, or to destabilise and then KO, maybe. Not quite sure how it works, but it worked on metal flat, it just left a huge ltsc weakness.
Though it was 1 player testing, so don't put too much faith in it.
I haven't had time to keep up with this thread yet, but I see a lot of people mentioning combos like Hell 230CS, Flame 230CS, Basalt 230CS ... how do these compare to my combo, MF-L Earth Bull 230CS? I haven't got Hell Kerbecs or Basalt Horologium yet.
(Mar. 02, 2011  8:05 PM)Kei Wrote: I haven't had time to keep up with this thread yet, but I see a lot of people mentioning combos like Hell 230CS, Flame 230CS, Basalt 230CS ... how do these compare to my combo, MF-L Earth Bull 230CS? I haven't got Hell Kerbecs or Basalt Horologium yet.

Earth on 230 is a flawed choice in the UK metagame. I would rather not comment on it's effectiveness in your meta-game as it could be the dominant powerhouse. The main reason why Flame and Hell are used is for the extra height advantage to incur more metal-plastic collision in the 230's favour. While Basalt is low, the uneven weight distribution helps it KO most combos that are not on a pure rubber bottom. Earth 230CS struggles a bit from my experience.
(Mar. 02, 2011  8:10 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Earth on 230 is a flawed choice in the UK metagame. I would rather not comment on it's effectiveness in your meta-game as it could be the dominant powerhouse. The main reason why Flame and Hell are used is for the extra height advantage to incur more metal-plastic collision in the 230's favour. While Basalt is low, the uneven weight distribution helps it KO most combos that are not on a pure rubber bottom. Earth 230CS struggles a bit from my experience.

Yeah, that is what I figured the idea was behind using Flame and Hell. I would say that that brings them further over to the Stamina side of the spectrum, though, which doesn't really matter because MF-L Earth Bull 230CS can already outlast any Stamina custom lower than 230. Has anybody tested which one is actually better as a Defense type (Flame/Hell 230CS vs. Earth 230CS)? That said, I would assume Basalt 230CS is the best of the bunch.
I will do some "1v1 testing" once I get home for you as proof; but I havn't 2 CS's but D's. The variants are still kept secure - Do you accept?
Yes, even the CS of MF-H Basalt 230CS is used to KO via direct contact with opposing Beyblade. The combo has so much going for it. What it cannot KO, it will OS.
Yes so I will use D do show it's OSing abilities, whilst bearing in mind that there is a ton load of KOing ambition lying behind it.
(Mar. 02, 2011  8:21 PM)ControL_ Wrote: I will do some "1v1 testing" once I get home for you as proof; but I havn't 2 CS's but D's. The variants are still kept secure - Do you accept?

I don't think using two D's is adequate in this situation; D and CS are two completely different Bottoms. The added height advantage CS allows over opposing 145WD customs (for example) is very important.
For this i was just comparing the metal wheels first off - Basalt and Flame being at the same height here, it would be find head to head. Then if you wanted to compare the results against 145WD customs, I could do:
MF-H Basalt 230CS versus x (145WD var.) - Record result
Then MF-L (combination of plastic and metal) Earth Bull 230CS versus x - Record result

Compare results.