dual layer combos testing

note: this thread is meant for Takara Tomy dual layers only (or pre-dual layers, in this case i will consider them dual layers). im not testing out any god layers because my country, Singapore, hasnt released them yet.

in Singapore, one of the best combos used in g4-g2 tournaments was Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit. K2 is one of the best defence layers commonly used in Singapore. it seems nobody is fond of using Dark Deathscyther very much for some reason (i use it rarely). i wanted to do some testing with a worn out Variable with Victory Valkyrie. ive done a test with V2.K.V vs K2.G.O.

Victory Valkyrie Knuckle (worn out) Variable VS Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit

I launched K2 with about 80% strength and V2 with abt 100% strength (keep in mind that im a skinny 13 year old ;) ) i launched V2 using a sliding shoot technique (im quite a bad launcher haha)

v2.k.v: 7 wins (4 bursts) (2 knockouts) (1 outspin, barely won by a fraction of a second)

k2.g.o: 13 wins (12 outspins) (1 knockout, a really lucky knockout)

overall i was surprised that a worn out Variable is actually decent enough in fighting against a top tier defence combo in Singapore. K2 rarely skips more than 1 teeth which is surprising because my K2 is quite old unless it loses balance, which in this case either V2 strikes it out of the stadium or bursts it. there was 1 lucky round where V2 actually destabilise K2 to the point where it lost a lot of stamina and V2 won by a fraction of a second.

oh well my first testing i had ever done. i hope it isnt too bad hahah. also i would like to see some discussions abt the best dual/pre-dual layer combos. i dont have much beyblade parts but i can try to buy more parts in the future hehe.
This thread doesn’t need to exist because you can find most of the Dual Layers and Basic Layer discussions here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Burst-Customizations

If you can’t find the appropriate discussion thread then create one.
huh what do you mean? i wanted to do more tests about dual layer combos only
(Dec. 27, 2017  4:21 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: huh what do you mean? i wanted to do more tests about dual layer combos only

You could just post your testing in their corresponding threads, Ex: Tests about V2 are posted in the Victoy Valkyire Discussion thread
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:39 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: note: this thread is meant for Takara Tomy dual layers only (or pre-dual layers, in this case i will consider them dual layers). im not testing out any god layers because my country, Singapore, hasnt released them yet.

in Singapore, one of the best combos used in g4-g2 tournaments was Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit. K2 is one of the best defence layers commonly used in Singapore. it seems nobody is fond of using Dark Deathscyther very much for some reason (i use it rarely). i wanted to do some testing with a worn out Variable with Victory Valkyrie. ive done a test with V2.K.V vs K2.G.O.

I launched K2 with about 80% strength and V2 with abt 100% strength (keep in mind that im a skinny 13 year old Wink ) i launched V2 using a sliding shoot technique (im quite a bad launcher haha)

v2.k.v: 7 wins (4 bursts) (2 knockouts) (1 outspin, barely won by a fraction of a second)

overall i was surprised that a worn out Variable is actually decent enough in fighting against a top tier defence combo in Singapore. K2 rarely skips more than 1 teeth which is surprising because my K2 is quite old unless it loses balance, which in this case either V2 strikes it out of the stadium or bursts it. there was 1 lucky round where V2 actually destabilise K2 to the point where it lost a lot of stamina and V2 won by a fraction of a second.

oh well my first testing i had ever done. i hope it isnt too bad hahah. also i would like to see some discussions abt the best dual/pre-dual layer combos. i dont have much beyblade parts but i can try to buy more parts in the future hehe.
Worn variable is the hardest driver to control in the whole burst genaration
why don't you try victory valkyrie triple impact
(Dec. 27, 2017  4:07 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: This thread doesn’t need to exist because you can find most of the Dual Layers and Basic Layer discussions here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Burst-Customizations

If you can’t find the appropriate discussion thread then create one.

(Dec. 27, 2017  4:23 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  4:21 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: huh what do you mean? i wanted to do more tests about dual layer combos only

You could just post your testing in their corresponding threads, Ex: Tests about V2 are posted in the Victoy Valkyire Discussion thread

im going to do test on more dual layers, not just v2 vs k2

(Dec. 28, 2017  12:18 AM)rhalph7076 Wrote: why don't you try victory valkyrie triple impact

impact is one of the worst drivers, if you really want a test i can do it if im free haha

(Dec. 27, 2017  6:14 PM)Rahil singh Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  2:39 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: note: this thread is meant for Takara Tomy dual layers only (or pre-dual layers, in this case i will consider them dual layers). im not testing out any god layers because my country, Singapore, hasnt released them yet.

I launched K2 with about 80% strength and V2 with abt 100% strength (keep in mind that im a skinny 13 year old Wink ) i launched V2 using a sliding shoot technique (im quite a bad launcher haha)

Worn variable is the hardest driver to control in the whole burst genaration
my technique with v2 was to launch it as fast as possible and it will bounce of the walls and strike the opponent as hard as possible
lol so i decided to try using Lost Longinus on Knuckle and Variable against the same Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit and see if it made a difference in my worn out Variable's performance.

Lost Longinus Knuckle Variable
VS Kasier Kerbeus Gravity Orbit

L2.K.V: 6 wins (4 KOs, 1OS and 1 burst)
K2.G.O: 11 wins (10 OSs and 1 burst)
3 outspin draws

overall, it did nothing too dissimilar from V2.K.V other than having slightly more stamina than V2 due to L2's slight spin steal. it seems K2 dosent have very good balance due to the fact that it keeps scraping on the stadium floor and losing a lot of stamina. L2 even won a round by outspinning K2 as L2 manage to destabilise K2 really hard, which was outstanding. it was surprising that L2 can tie the match by outspin despite the low stamina my worn out Variable has. i would say L2 has slightly better luck in competing against K2 but still isnt good enough. im going to try testing out with D2 against K2 if i have time later or tomorrow.
so these were th top tier combos from dual and single layer era:
attack
xcalibur heavy/knuckle/gravity/yell extreme
valkyrie  heavy/knuckle/gravity extreme/yell accel/zephyr/revolve/orbit
amaterios  heavy/knuckle/gravity/yell extreme
minoborus  heavy/knuckle/gravity/yell extreme/accel/zephyr
Inferno ifrit heavy/spread/knuckle/gravity/yell accel/zephyr/orbit/needle
beast behemoth  heavy/knuckle/gravity/yell  extreme/accel/zephyr
lost longinus  heavy/knuckle/gravity/yell extreme/accel/zephhyr/hold/worn variable
Victory valkyrie heavy/gravity/knuckle extreme/accel/Zephyr
defense
neptune heavy/spread/gravity/knuckle/yell orbit/defense/unite
wyvern heavy/spread/gravity/knuckle/yell orbit/defense/unite
odin heavy/spread/gravity/knuckle/yell  orbit/defense/unite
kaiser kerbeus heavy/spread/gravity/knuckle/yell orbit/defense/unite
gigant gaia heavy/spread/knuckle/gravity yeilding/revolve/defense/orbit/unite(note unite had poor stamina so wasnt used much but had the best ko defense)
stamina
deathcyther spread/gravity/heavy/knuckle defense/revolve/yeilding(best stamina layer and the only layer which d2 cannot beat consistently)
Acid anubis spread/gravity/heavy/knuckle defense/revolve/yeilding(second best stamina)
dark deathcyther spread/gravity/heavy/knuckle defense/revolve/yeilding/Orbit(it has very good defense and stamina probably the best combo of dual layer and single layer era)
Wyvern spread/gravity/heavy/knuckle revolve/yeilding
odin spread/gravity/heavy/knuckle revolve/yeilding(stamina almost equal to a2)
neptune spread/gravity/heavy/knuckle revolve/yeilding
Chaos spread/heavy/knuckle/down revolve/yeilding
thanks haha
but im still gonna post some tests results if im free. anyone wants to see some tests results?
(Dec. 29, 2017  11:15 AM)@ya.dama Wrote: but im still gonna post some tests results if im free. anyone wants to see some tests results?
Yea and i would like to know which parts do u have?
[Image: 2dlx95.jpg]

all my viable competitive parts so far hehe
(Dec. 31, 2017  1:25 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: [Image: 2dlx95.jpg]

Where?
Testing out dual layer systems.
for me w2 wyvron heavy orbit is best.
i never got burst on using wyvron.
(Dec. 31, 2017  2:34 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Testing out dual layer systems.
W2 is heavily outclassed it bursts very easily and has less stamina than odin, deathscyther,a2 etc
(Dec. 31, 2017  2:29 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2017  1:25 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: [Image: 2dlx95.jpg]

Where?
what do u mean where?

(Dec. 31, 2017  3:08 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2017  2:34 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Testing out dual layer systems.
W2 is heavily outclassed it bursts very easily and has less stamina than odin, deathscyther,a2 etc

from what i know, w1 is better than w2 (takara)
Can u do d2 h o vs a2 k y
(Jan. 01, 2018  2:54 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Can u do d2 h o vs a2 k y
D2.H.O: 3 outspins, 7 losses
A2.K.Y : 6 bursts, 1 outspin, 1 loss, 2 knockouts
countless burst draws that i had to redo (in total i did about 30 rounds)
so i got myself a driger s after spending about SGD$30 on buying random boosters haha. anyways i checked out the wiki for driger s and it mentioned having lots of stamina due to its large wing size although the sharp contact points makes some noticeable recoil. i wanted to test out if driger s has more stamina than the wiki stated.

Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy Gyro Vs Driger S Heavy Gyro
K2HG: 1 outspin, 9 losses
DSHG: 7 outspin, 2 burst, 1 loss

uhhhhhh i dont even need to do 20 rounds, this was very surprising although im not sure how well it can do against attack types. ill do an experiment against attack types soon and ill see how it turns out.
driger S was known to be an ok attack layer and excellent for anti attack meaning something like driger s heavy defense would beat attack not sure if it can beat anything else other than that
Hey @[@ya.dama], a few combos I would suggest you try out against Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit are Lost Longinus Yell Hold, Lost Longinus Polish Variable, and Odin Heavy Defense.

Odin should be able to beat K2 by outspin while not bursting like Deathscyther would, and the other two should be able to either outspin it or knock it out. Your Variable will need to be worn to a good height though, and you will need to balance your L2.Y.H so that it doesn't fall over at the end of the battle.
i wish i could try them but polish is expensive to get and yell and odin isnt available in Singapore yet. but im gonna get polish soon enough and i can try L2PV against K2GO haha.