best call of duty game

i like modern warfare 2 the most but ive only played that and black ops so...
I only like black ops because of the zombie mode and cod 5 aswell
Black ops pwns all! Famas owns!
Looks like no one knows what they're talking about. Infinity Ward is the better developing company hands down. Every game that Treyarch has made is terrible other than Black ops which also is terrible in my opinion but people who dont like sniping would like it. Modern Warfare 3 will come out and the link you gave was a comedy channel and spoofed MW3. If you look at MW2 commercial It shows the number 1 then 2 which is circled in green and 3 which is off the the right. It might not mean anything but it probably does.
Treyarch can only make a good game if they stole IW's Engine which they did for Black ops but for the best cod its no doubt COD 4. Very balanced, its fun for snipers and reg gun users. It also has the best map set out of any Cod game.
(Feb. 07, 2011  12:26 AM)dephlect Wrote: Looks like no one knows what they're talking about. Infinity Ward is the better developing company hands down. Every game that Treyarch has made is terrible other than Black ops which also is terrible in my opinion but people who dont like sniping would like it. Modern Warfare 3 will come out and the link you gave was a comedy channel and spoofed MW3. If you look at MW2 commercial It shows the number 1 then 2 which is circled in green and 3 which is off the the right. It might not mean anything but it probably does.
Treyarch can only make a good game if they stole IW's Engine which they did for Black ops but for the best cod its no doubt COD 4. Very balanced, its fun for snipers and reg gun users. It also has the best map set out of any Cod game.

How is that? Sniping in Black Ops is more realistic than in MW2. Frankly if you ever try to snipe like you do in any COD games you will die quickly, and Black ops is pretty good at showing that. Nobody on earth shoulder fires a sniper rifle without having some sort of support like a wall, the ground or even snother soldier's shoulder. They should take the sniper rifles out of the game, because COD sniping is just plain to easy. They need to make a game where sniping is the main focus, and it needs to be a very hard game. You can just pick up a sniper, look down the sights and shoot someone. Most sniper rifles are heavy weapons. Quick scoping is completely impossible in real life. Treyarch did far better with sniping than IW ever has.
considering this is a video game and its not intended to be completely realstic it doesnt matter. Quickscoping is somewhat a challenge because everyone else is running around with assault rifles so for you to run around and quickscope takes skill. If you making sniping too hard theres no one wanting to use it.
(Feb. 07, 2011  6:00 AM)dephlect Wrote: considering this is a video game and its not intended to be completely realstic it doesnt matter. Quickscoping is somewhat a challenge because everyone else is running around with assault rifles so for you to run around and quickscope takes skill. If you making sniping too hard theres no one wanting to use it.

News flash, Sniping is hard. It is one of the hardest jobs in the field of Infantry, if not the hardest. It should not be taken lightly. If anything there should be a separate gametype with only snipers. It could be a variety of areas from mountains to forrest, deserts, and big cities, with every one at long distances (over 600m), trying to kill each other elimination style. Moving would make it easier to spot people. You should have to atleast range out your scope to the distance you are shooting. If someone in the middle of your cross hairs at 550m is a direct hit, the same is not true at 300m or 800m so you should have to adjust your aim accordingly. Quickscoping is easy, because the intervenstion will almost always hit somebody if they are in you hipfire cross hairs before you start to ADS.
Once again its a game which isnt supposed to be realistic to that point.
If you make sniping too hard in any game players will be more likely to not use snipers therefore making them useless. Just because its one of the hardest jobs in the field of Infantry doesnt mean it should be on a video game. If I wanted that realism Im sure I would enlist in the army.
(Feb. 07, 2011  6:36 AM)dephlect Wrote: Once again its a game which isnt supposed to be realistic to that point.
If you make sniping too hard in any game players will be more likely to not use snipers therefore making them useless. Just because its one of the hardest jobs in the field of Infantry doesnt mean it should be on a video game. If I wanted that realism Im sure I would enlist in the army.

If you enlisted in the Army, you wold realize how far off COD really is. You'd probably e pissed off you spen a week in the desert withou seing a single enemy. I'm not saying to make the game 100% realistic, I'm just saying it should be harder. Nobody should be using a sniper rifle on Rust or Nuketown like it's a big pistol. No map is really even large enough to justify sniper rifles to begin with. The point of the sniper rifle is to hit a target from 1000m < Xm , where he can't hit you with an assault rifle, and disappear without being seen. You can't do that running around with it on any map in COD. I like the level in COD:4 where you shoot Zakhaev with the Barrett, because that's what sniping in a video game should be like. You can't run and gun with a sniper rifle like it's an M4, you should have to pick a spot, make sure you aren't obvious, take the shot, and find a new spot regardless if you hit the person or not, and hitting the person should be harder as well.
Call of Duty is not Operation Flashpoint or ArmA II, Thresher.

To answer the topic question: CoD4. I'd say CoD2 for setting but the addition of sprinting, unlocking system for multiplayer, and more cohesive campaign are among features that make CoD4 a better game.

The mechanics haven't changed since CoD4 but they keep making the narrative of this series more and more carp ridiculous with Black Ops being an assault on my mind with its insanely jingoistic bias. CASTRO IS A RUTHLESS ~!~EVIL~!~ DICTATOR (never mind that the U.S. backed Batista regime was much worse) AND SOVIETS HARBOR NAZI SCIENTISTS WHO DASTARDLY PREFORM MIND CONTROL EXPERIMENTS ON THE PLAYER (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_MKULTRA.)

I really wish it would've moved more in the direction of a Generation Kill.
Thresher, what you just said doesn't apply to the M21 which is just the predecessor of the M16 with a telescope.
ok ok guys you all kno waht u are talking about although im getting confused but thx 4 posting on my thread
(Feb. 07, 2011  8:28 AM)Sam Wrote: Thresher, what you just said doesn't apply to the M21 which is just the predecessor of the M16 with a telescope.

This is going to be a bit lengthy, but this my FINAL post on this matter, PM me for further discussion. (also, do I seem pissed to you guys? I'd like to clarify I am not, but PM me to tell me if I seem pissed) I screwed the pooch on one of my facts, specifically by naming the wrong gun. This arises from the fact IW made a ficticious name for a real gun. I want to clear somthing up here, I can't actually tell if the M21 EBR is supposed to be a Mk 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle Mod 0 or an M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle. The M39 Enhanced Battle Rifle Mod 0 fits into the sniper catagory. Both fires a 7.62x51mm NATO round. The bullet will travel the same distance, (1000m< X) regardless of the weapon that fires this round. Both are used currently by special forces as a sniper rifle. One of the two Medal of Honor winning Delta Force snipers that died heroically in Mogadishu used an M14 EBR Mod 0 as a sniper rifle. In the technical sense the Mk 14 Mod 0 is a battle rifle, but I can't tell if it is also concidered a sniper. Both weapons have the almost same effective range, but the the M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle is indeed classified as a sniper rifle.
Note that the bullet will always travel far further than the maximum effective range. You can take a shot at someone who is 1400m away with a weapon firing a 7.62x51mm NATO round even if the maximum effective range is 800m on your weapon. You can also hit that person, you just have to do the necessary calculations, weapon adjustments and take into account the accuracy and precision of your rifle. I was using the wrong weapon name, and that is entirely my fault. The M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle came into the service in 2008, the Mk14 Enhanced Battle Rifle came into the service in 2004, and Modern Warefare 2 was released in 2009. It could be either weapon, but both can be used as snipers. So note the maximum effective range is 800m, but both weapons can take shots from much farther away. the Maximum Effective Range is simply the range at which the average soldier would be effective with said rifle. A trained sniper can engage targets from further out, but after a certain distance the round will no longer kill. Even if you hit somebody with a 5.56mm Nato round from 2300m away(an essentially impossible feat) you wouldn't kill them.
UGHhhhh. MW3 when it omes out. Its gonna be more epicthan Blck ops's Release. Apparently Infinity ward + treyarch are working Together on this one? My friend told me it so Im not sure.
(Feb. 08, 2011  7:10 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: UGHhhhh. MW3 when it omes out. Its gonna be more epicthan Blck ops's Release. Apparently Infinity ward + treyarch are working Together on this one? My friend told me it so Im not sure.

Actually, supposedly Bungie, makers od Halo, are making the next COD game for Activision. There are many rumors surrounding it, so I could be wrong.
i googled are treyarch and infinty ward warokin together on a new cod gane but infinty ward (IW) got shut down becuz alot of ppl said mw2 had racisim and the 2 heads of IW now are respawn entertainment, also activsion stopped IW from working on a new cod game
Really..??, shame on all people who think MW2 is better then BO, and yesh MW2 had lots of racism, but I think IW are changing there heads or something, but hopefully COD8 will be by a known company not some unknown company from out of the blues
by BO you mean black ops not body odour
this thread has died
I can’t wait for cod Mobile
MW2
BO1
MW3