atomic's ball measurements? (metal ball atomic)

I remember seeing a video or two in japanese or korean where the person replaced the plastic ball in his atomic driver with a metal ball bearing.

I am in the stage of planning a custom (3d printed) beyblade and I want to do the same, but i need the exact dimensions (diameter) of the ball so I can get a metal ball (idealy tungsten carbide). And I need to figure out how to get the ball out without damaging the rest of the driver. (or if somone could provide me the STL files to print my own atomic driver that I can assemble)

any ideas how I might go about this?

and I do hope people read before making posts like "why are you making an illegal driver, you know you won't be able to use that in tournaments right?"- yeah I know- its a fun project.
I think you will need to sacrifice an atomic driver by taking it apart. If you do it right you may be able to use screws to put it back together and use it for the metal ball.
(Nov. 07, 2018  5:26 PM)MWF Wrote: I think you will need to sacrifice an atomic driver by taking it apart. If you do it right you may be able to use screws to put it back together and use it for the metal ball.

Adding on to this, try to find a fake tW or aB (Tornado Wyvern and Arc Bahammut). It's easier because the performance tip has screws that you can take off.
this is a great tool for removing screws from TT drivers:

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Preci...F145-118-1

while these are very effective, it’s worth noting they scratch up the heads of the TT security screws. so thankfully, use of these tools cannot be concealed.
(Nov. 07, 2018  7:02 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: this is a great tool for removing screws from TT drivers:

while these are very effective, it’s worth noting they scratch up the heads of the TT security screws. so thankfully, use of these tools cannot be concealed.

they are actually screws? I thought they were some sort of rivet that couldn't be removed without completely destroying the driver.

well this is good to know!
(Nov. 08, 2018  6:05 AM)Kry Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2018  7:02 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: this is a great tool for removing screws from TT drivers:

they are actually screws? I thought they were some sort of rivet that couldn't be removed without completely destroying the driver.

No, you're right: Drivers use rivets that can't be removed by screwdrivers. @[RedPanda2], can you elaborate on your method?
(Nov. 09, 2018  12:21 AM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2018  6:05 AM)Kry Wrote: they are actually screws? I thought they were some sort of rivet that couldn't be removed without completely destroying the driver.

No, you're right: Drivers use rivets that can't be removed by screwdrivers. @[RedPanda2], can you elaborate on your method?

you are 100% incorrect.

they are security screws, period.

the tool i linked is not a screwdriver, by the way.  maybe you should open the link, rather than elaborating on your confusion.
(Nov. 09, 2018  1:01 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2018  12:21 AM)Angry Face Wrote: No, you're right: Drivers use rivets that can't be removed by screwdrivers. @[RedPanda2], can you elaborate on your method?

you are 100% incorrect.

they are security screws, period.

the tool i linked is not a screwdriver, by the way.  maybe you should open the link, rather than elaborating on your confusion.

Hi RedPanda2! There seems to be some confusion between us regarding what a screw and what a rivet are. I've gone ahead and taken a couple pictures to help explain the differences for you and others who may also carry the same misconceptions!

Below is the definition of a screw:

[Image: X1M1oVY.jpg]

And this is the definition of a rivet:

[Image: OIXIGNZ.jpg]

In the photos below, the shorter metal object to the left is a flathead tri-wing screw taken from a Takara Tomy Dual Layer, while the longer metal object to the right is a rivet removed from a Hasbro Driver.

[Image: BLtKf7Z.jpg]

[Image: crfZY1B.jpg]

As we can see, the object to the left has a helical thread running around its core with a slotted head intended for use with a tri-wing screwdriver. The object on the right posesses a flat head and lacks threading with any incline that would allow it to be removed from a bore via rotation in a counterclockwise direction.

While both the screw and rivet are types of fasteners, each is distinct in its appearance and method of application; therefore we should refer to each specifically by what its name is for the clarity of our readers. Hopefully this brief summary of what a screw and rivet are has been sufficiently helpful!

P.S.
Regarding the link you shared above to iFixit's listing for a screw extractor set, I managed to find a tutorial for this product on the site's very own YouTube channel. However, based on their video's demonstration of the tool set, it's unlikely that the same methods would be effective for removing rivets because they both lack the helical threading of a screw and are recessed within Drivers. Nonetheless, if you've had success using these tools, I'd love to hear how you managed!
you have a fair point about the helical thread
i guess i am being imprecise

without a doubt these extractors work tho

you use a fair amount of pressure and twist
the screws pop right out with pliers

reverse on the way back in

it works
Well, when I get some money together I guess I'll buy that extractor set and try it out on a TT driver.
(Nov. 09, 2018  5:07 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: you have a fair point about the helical thread

it works

(Nov. 10, 2018  9:00 AM)Kry Wrote: Well, when I get some money together I guess I'll buy that extractor set and try it out on a TT driver.

As mentioned above in depth by @[Angry Face]... 
The extractor set linked wont work since that kit is designed to take out screws with helical type threads and that kit cannot remove the screws on the Takara or Hasbro drivers since they're a rivet type of screw. 

I have a bunch of those extractor tools. Pretty much, the extractor kit is normally used for screws that are stripped and you cannot use the normal method to remove it using a screwdriver since you can no longer grip onto the top of screw. The extractor tool will mar and roughen the top of the stripped screw until it can grip the screw and then you remove it through rotating.

If you used this tool on a Beyblade Driver, it wouldn't do anything. The rivet type screw will simply rotate in place. 

One method that could work is to use a metal flat edge (while a knife works well, it not recommended since it's very very dangerous) between the spots where the two pieces of plastic connect next to each of the screws and all around the seams, and pry it apart evenly all around and hope that the driver doesn't self-destruct (but it most likely will). 
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:49 PM)juncction Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2018  5:07 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: you have a fair point about the helical thread

it works

(Nov. 10, 2018  9:00 AM)Kry Wrote: Well, when I get some money together I guess I'll buy that extractor set and try it out on a TT driver.

As mentioned above in depth by @[Angry Face]... 
The extractor set linked wont work since that kit is designed to take out screws with helical type threads and that kit cannot remove the screws on the Takara or Hasbro drivers since they're a rivet type of screw. 

I have a bunch of those extractor tools. Pretty much, the extractor kit is normally used for screws that are stripped and you cannot use the normal method to remove it using a screwdriver since you can no longer grip onto the top of screw. The extractor tool will mar and roughen the top of the stripped screw until it can grip the screw and then you remove it through rotating.

If you used this tool on a Beyblade Driver, it wouldn't do anything. The rivet type screw will simply rotate in place. 

One method that could work is to use a metal flat edge (while a knife works well, it not recommended since it's very very dangerous) between the spots where the two pieces of plastic connect next to each of the screws and all around the seams, and pry it apart evenly all around and hope that the driver doesn't self-destruct (but it most likely will). 

it will markup the screw, i said that

but for breaking the initial tension adhering the driver together
this set does work

yes, you have to pull them out with needle nose pliers or a knife as you suggested
but without a doubt, these extractors work

i don’t think you understand what i am suggesting.
this tool will not “unscrew” the driver
but it will loosen the security rivets to allow prying an otherwise flush surface