Your Culture or bloodline

(Apr. 08, 2017  7:32 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Did you live in Afghanistan for an extended period of time? I'd love to talk to you about this!

I only lived there for the first 4 years of my life friend, but I really can't remember anything cos it was around war time that my family and I migrated over to Scotland to escape the conflict and set up a new life here.
(Apr. 10, 2017  11:36 AM)Yblader1 Wrote: I only lived there for the first 4 years of my life friend, but I really can't remember anything cos it was around war time that my family and I migrated over to Scotland to escape the conflict and set up a new life here.

Oh my, and is Scotland the best place to start a fresh new life or what hah? What a beautiful decision your family made.
(Apr. 10, 2017  2:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh my, and is Scotland the best place to start a fresh new life or what hah? What a beautiful decision your family made.

Depends really, I mean it's got good and bad zones. I lived in Glasgow which wasn't the greatest of places, especially since as a refugee the government tend to at first put u into a kinda rough neighbourhood to live in but it had its good parts too. Personally my family wanted to live in London but those times it was tough for an afghan family to migrate to desired places unlike today cos of all the events happening around the world then. And thanks, it was probably the best decision till date. Led a much better life than I could though I would like to retrace my roots in the future maybe even visit once everything calms down over there.
(Apr. 10, 2017  3:22 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: Depends really, I mean it's got good and bad zones. I lived in Glasgow which wasn't the greatest of places, especially since as a refugee the government tend to at first put u into a kinda rough neighbourhood to live in but it had its good parts too. Personally my family wanted to live in London but those times it was tough for an afghan family to migrate to desired places unlike today cos of all the events happening around the world then. And thanks, it was probably the best decision till date. Led a much better life than I could though I would like to retrace my roots in the future maybe even visit once everything calms down over there.

Hm, I did not go to Glasgow or much on the west side, but surely the scenery is very similar, with the giant trees, the rounded mountains and the fluorescent green vegetation, plus I cannot imagine that the state of mind of the eastern residents is much different than that of the westerners in the country hah. Surely being refugees or immigrants does get you a different welcome and different interactions, but from what I saw the Scottish people would not have been as horrible as other countries could have been, at least.
(Apr. 10, 2017  3:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, I did not go to Glasgow or much on the west side, but surely the scenery is very similar, with the giant trees, the rounded mountains and the fluorescent green vegetation, plus I cannot imagine that the state of mind of the eastern residents is much different than that of the westerners in the country hah. Surely being refugees or immigrants does get you a different welcome and different interactions, but from what I saw the Scottish people would not have been as horrible as other countries could have been, at least.

I mean if I'm fully honest, the more u go up north, the nicer people tend to be so right now down in London people ain't that sociable and stuff when it comes to say a random chat on the bus whereas in Glasgow everyone used to talk to each other and discuss their days etc. There's a friendlier feel to the northern half of England . And yh there are a few cliffs and stuff around in the scenery mainly near the beaches. Actually Scotland is pretty high above sea level I believe.