Your Biggest Phobia

I'd probably say a little bit of Kabourophobia and Thalassophobia. I'm fine with looking at crabs and the ocean in pictures, but in real life? Absolutely not, crabs legit look like aliens to me and their overall anatomy just weirds me out, it's creepy to look at. As for the ocean, well let's say... I don't like looking at the bloody abyss itself.
I used to be afraid of Blood (Thankfully my obsession towards Slasher films cured that fear) and i am just absolutely terrified of clowns unless its a friendly one but even then im still pretty cautious around them.
since this thread is back, ig oxygen deprivation? i mean, ig everyone is scared of that. but me more than most. strangulation, suffocation, drowning, the works. I can swim and have a pillow over my head, and stuff, but i draw the line a lot earlier than most people. might have stemmed from the fact as i was almost dead when i was born, my umbilical cord was strapped around my neck. so i looked like a dying smurf when i was born, blue and all. oh and i said this in this thread b4 but i reallllllly hate cliffs and mountains(apparently cremnophobia). i can get around 10-20 feet from the edge before noping out. if theres a harness, whatever. if not, best believe ill sit back and watch yall scream for help as you fall off. and i have sedatephobia(fear of silence) to some degree. when it gets super quiet and i'm really tired, everything gets way louder, almost like i can hear everything closing in on me. idk what that is. i've learned to ignore it cuz its annoying and distracting. it doesnt happen quite as often anymore, escpecially since i consciously like silence but ig i unconsciously dont lol.

feel like ive posted this before, have a massive sense of deja vu lol
Insects, more specifically, any insect that flies and is bigger than a mosquito. Seriously, I hate them. It's irrational and I know it, but I can't help but run straight out of the room if I spot one of those. Cockroaches are at the top of my list, simply because they are so unpredictable and will lunge at you when you least expect it.
I'm a huge germaphobe: I can't share food/drinks with A-N-Y-O-N-E... I wish I wasn't....
I also hate lizards (eughhh)
my biggest phobia is my annoying aunt
Acrophobia, nyctophobia, entomophobia, and arachnophobia.
I fear a ton of things but these are just what my biggest fears are lol
For me it’s atychiphobia, the fear of failure, I guess everyone has a fear of failing in some regard. I just have an extreme excess of it
(Nov. 09, 2021  7:38 PM)Maxxx17 Wrote: My phobia is about my safety. When I was a kid there was an incident when our house was robbed. And I was beaten up badly. Now I'm scared shitless that it won't happen again. I have maximum security at home. I have three locks. As well as intercom with ip intercom and video cameras just in case. At night, sometimes I even get scared by the sounds outside. It seems like someone is knocking on the door.

Do you mean that you have PTSD? Or is there a category for "fear about safety"?
(Nov. 14, 2021  11:28 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2021  7:38 PM)Maxxx17 Wrote: My phobia is about my safety. When I was a kid there was an incident when our house was robbed. And I was beaten up badly. Now I'm scared shitless that it won't happen again. I have maximum security at home. I have three locks. As well as intercom with ip intercom and video cameras just in case. At night, sometimes I even get scared by the sounds outside. It seems like someone is knocking on the door.

Do you mean that you have PTSD? Or is there a category for "fear about safety"?

There is a fear of not being safe. It's called agoraphobia.
I'm officially afraid of... Carrots now.

Okay you must have a lot of questions about this but let me explain it. So... Um, somebody that is weirding me out (I'll give him the name of Ken since I don't know anyone named Ken) and he's been doing some. Weird things, and now his target is me which I really don't like. I can't tell you what exactly he's doing but it's just weird anyways, this dude straight up scares me and today he was throwing carrots at me and I just ran away squealing. That's why I'm scared of Carrots now.
Carrots huh...I can see why, they are nightmare fuel. BTW I also have standards similar to what The Blacknight said up there. I guess it is because I had by lungs filled with some substance and I couldn't breath for quite sometime on birth, but that’s not my biggest fear... I mean, it is a big fear yeah, but it's very occasional so it kinda doesn't count, it just means I can't have a blanket on top of my head.
One of my fears that affects me the most is... well, social anxiety. Now wait a sec, this is not a fear you might be saying, and you're quite right but also wrong. Imagine you, as a student, having constant paranoia and fear that people are talking behind your back and judging you by every action, waiting for a moment to laugh at you... I didn't suffered bullying BTW before you ask.
The whole problem with it is that I can't be myself in public, I either become a blank person (the most generic person you'll ever see, just to not draw attention) or I lost my capabilities of interacting and stay in a corner, I also cannot leave my house that easily unless I need to (school, going somewhere with my parents, etc...). One time I was in a "public therapy presentation event". Basically a therapist would make a presentation about teen problems, and there was an activity that involved speaking on the microphone what color you identify the most (literally the first activity). I literally could not speak on my turn and tears were running out of my eyes, not the best experience and, fortunately, that made me have a free pass to skip every other activity. I have ways to fight it ofc, like staying with people I'm comfortable with, listening to music and even going online. The anxiety generates more fears ofc, like fearing people will hate me by my actions and stuff like that, that's why I can't express myself that well (online is easier, but still).
Not a phobia, but for me it is worse, specially since people are everywhere.
(idk if I said that already here, sorry if I did)
here's a list:

Death
Failure
My Sister dying
Being abandoned
Being a Disappointment
Does motion sickness count?
I'm afraid of blood/gore i have a weak heart
Not technically a phobia but I have something called RSD(Rejection sensitive dysphoria) which is extreme emotional sensitivity to actual or perceived rejection, criticism or teasing and I also have acrophobia that’s only specific to ziplining
I'm afraid of the dark, especially when there strange shapes or noises.
I also scared of bugs.
I have another fear. I didn't say this earlier since my fears aren't quite so apparent until I experience a situation in which provokes me to feel scared. So, I'm scared of one of my family members being replaced with an evil twin. I know it sounds weird or similar to tv shows, but I'm still scared of it happening. The worst thing about it is that it could happen anywhere at anytime and everytime I think about it somehow it's always my fault that my little brother is replaced by someone who plans to murder me. It's not even for rational reasons either, it just happens.

(Dec. 03, 2021  9:10 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: Carrots huh...I can see why, they are nightmare fuel. BTW I also have standards similar to what The Blacknight said up there. I guess it is because I had by lungs filled with some substance and I couldn't breath for quite sometime on birth, but that’s not my biggest fear... I mean, it is a big fear yeah, but it's very occasional so it kinda doesn't count, it just means I can't have a blanket on top of my head.
One of my fears that affects me the most is... well, social anxiety. Now wait a sec, this is not a fear you might be saying, and you're quite right but also wrong. Imagine you, as a student, having constant paranoia and fear that people are talking behind your back and judging you by every action, waiting for a moment to laugh at you... I didn't suffered bullying BTW before you ask.
The whole problem with it is that I can't be myself in public, I either become a blank person (the most generic person you'll ever see, just to not draw attention) or I lost my capabilities of interacting and stay in a corner, I also cannot leave my house that easily unless I need to (school, going somewhere with my parents, etc...). One time I was in a "public therapy presentation event". Basically a therapist would make a presentation about teen problems, and there was an activity that involved speaking on the microphone what color you identify the most (literally the first activity). I literally could not speak on my turn and tears were running out of my eyes, not the best experience and, fortunately, that made me have a free pass to skip every other activity. I have ways to fight it ofc, like staying with people I'm comfortable with, listening to music and even going online. The anxiety generates more fears ofc, like fearing people will hate me by my actions and stuff like that, that's why I can't express myself that well (online is easier, but still).
Not a phobia, but for me it is worse, specially since people are everywhere.
(idk if I said that already here, sorry if I did)

I think you're right about social anxiety being a fear since phobias are extreme or irrational fears (I looked that up from an online dictionary).
My biggest phobia would have to be ophidiophobia. That is the fear of snakes. I cannot stand them. This past summer I almost stepped on a copperhead and when I saw it you would not believe how high I jumped (along with very colorful language lol)
(Jul. 05, 2010  3:00 PM)pegasis105rf Wrote: knife i dont feel safe when someone has some and not me

holdup, WHAT, why? 
also, I can"t critisize you for that, its the same for me with guns

(Jan. 15, 2022  9:40 PM)smurffymurph Wrote: My biggest phobia would have to be ophidiophobia. That is the fear of snakes. I cannot stand them. This past summer I almost stepped on a copperhead and when I saw it you would not believe how high I jumped (along with very colorful language lol)

so does reiji from MFB scare you?
(Jan. 16, 2022  4:07 AM)64unintelligent Wrote: so does reiji from MFB scare you?

Absolutely not. It’s only IRL and especially when not suspecting one. Seeing snakes in any other format is fine.
(Jan. 16, 2022  1:39 PM)smurffymurph Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2022  4:07 AM)64unintelligent Wrote: so does reiji from MFB scare you?

Absolutely not. It’s only IRL and especially when not suspecting one. Seeing snakes in any other format is fine.

no, I'm saying if reiji was IRL and those giant spirit thingies from beybattles were litteral
Iatrophobia… Severe fear of doctors.  I have thyroid cancer, Hashimoto’s disease, and a rare autoimmune condition that has left me in pain for four years.  Getting diagnosed was a 2-year journey through Hell with 7 doctors dismissing me.  I had to FIGHT HARD to get the blood tests and biopsies that proved I had real problems and I wasn’t imagining this.   When labs came back positive, nobody apologized to me.  Ever.  

One doctor cranked up my dose of levothyroxine so high that I landed in the ER and nearly died.  One gave me pills that made me suicidal.  One suggested a surgery that would have had a disastrous outcome.

Thankfully I have finally found two compassionate physicians who are treating me with dignity and respect and taking my issues seriously.  Some of my medical anxiety is starting to melt away.  Yet I still have PTSD from the abuse and gaslighting I was put through between 2018 and 2020.
insects and moths and stuff like that