K2HO: 2 (2OS)
VGX: 8 (5BF, 2KO, 1OS)

WSO Vs VGX
WSO: 6 (6OS)
VGX: 4 (3BF, 1KO)

WHO Vs VGX
WHO: 5 (5OS)
VGX: 5 (5KO)
Note: i don't know why VGX managed to get KO's instead of BF's, when Wyvern was using Heavy)

Defence testing
All defense combo's launched at 50% power
WYO Vs XGX
WYO: 8 (8OS)
XGX: 2 (2BF)
1DBF

WYO Vs VGX
WYO: 4 (4OS)
VGX: 6 (4BF, 2KO)

K2YO Vs VGX
K2YO:9 (9OS)
VGX: 1 (1KO)

Stamina testing
Launches alternated
DYD Vs DHD
DYD: 5 (5OS)
DHD: 5 (5OS)
1BF, 1Draw, 

DYR Vs DHR
DYR: 2 (2OS)
DHR: 8 (8OS)
11BF, 2Draws, 4DBF

Notes
  • not that great at stamina, but still overall average when paired with defence.
  • There were a lot of Burst finishes in testing stamina, i redid them because it wouldn't be fair testing stamina, and including burst finishes.
  • I used Valkyrie, instead of V2, because one of the screw on my V2 came off, i will redo defence testing once i get a screwdriver to fix my V2.
  • Yell work very well with K2.
  • i wanted to test DYR against odin, but it didn't really seem to matter what disk was used Heavy, Gravity, or Yell, they would all beat OHD.
  • Since Deathscyther can already beat D2, there wasn't much of a point of using Yell against D2, as Deathscyther can beat it with Heavy and Gravity.
What would be more relevant is for you to have benchmark results too. It was only useful for the Deathsycther mirror matches.
Benchmark tests
Defence combo's
All defence combos launched at 50%

K2SO Vs VGX
K2SO: 4 (4OS)
VGX: 6 (4KO, 2BF)

K2HO Vs VGX
K2HO: 2 (2OS)
VGX: 8 (5BF, 2KO, 1OS)

WSO Vs VGX
WSO: 6 (6OS)
VGX: 4 (3BF, 1KO)

WHO Vs VGX
WHO:  5 (5OS)
VGX: 5 (5KO)
Note: i don't know why VGX managed to get KO's instead of BF's, when Wyvern was using Heavy

all this will be added to OP
(Mar. 30, 2017  5:08 PM)NEET no Kamil Wrote:
Notes
  • There were a lot of Burst finishes in testing stamina, i redid them because it wouldn't be fair testing stamina, and including burst finishes.

Tbh I think you should really avoid doing that. Because despite burst finish for stamina might not feel right, it's still a way of winning against opponent for not just attack but also stamina and defense. Reason I want you to include stamina bursts is because we could know if with this disk would make stamina types resist burst or burst other opponents more. This is not only about disk but other parts too.

Like in case a combo for example D2GO was always able to OS combo like W2GY (my creation lol) in tests. But when someone decide to use D2 against W2 at tournament and is confident enough it can OS D2 will get bursted and lose.

BTW thanks alot for testing. If possible can you try VYZ? Maybe width of Yell can help it to stall longer and maybe faster
(Mar. 30, 2017  11:30 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Tbh I think you should really avoid doing that. Because despite burst finish for stamina might not feel right, it's still a way of winning against opponent for not just attack but also stamina and defense. Reason I want you to include stamina bursts is because we could know if with this disk would make stamina types resist burst or burst other opponents more. This is not only about disk but other parts too.

Like in case a combo for example D2GO was always able to OS combo like W2GY (my creation lol) in tests. But when someone decide to use D2 against W2 at tournament and is confident enough it can OS D2 will get bursted and lose.

BTW thanks alot for testing. If possible can you try VYZ? Maybe width of Yell can help it to stall longer and maybe faster

The issue is when testing deathscyther is teeth wear, the one that kept bursting was my main layer, i used a brand new layer so i could do a mirror match. I really don't like having to use new deathscyther and valkyrie layers.

the same goes for Valkyrie, because of teeth wear it feel unfair, when it does actually burst.
i will redo tests for defence against V2 later on, in this if V2 does burst i will count it.

I'll hopefully test OHD Vs OYD and D2HD Vs D2YD, in these tests i will count burst because there's no teeth wear issue.

i'll hopefully do some testing with zephyr, to see if i can make a staller.
When you get the change can you try B2YX or B2YM? I wanna see how it does for attack and it matches up well with B2 contact points.
(Mar. 31, 2017  4:08 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: When you get the change can you try B2YX or B2YM? I wanna see how it does for attack and it matches up well with B2 contact points.

Why massive?
That was an accident, I meant Impact and was thinking of Magnum lol
diddly darn i did some yell testings today just so i could post the thread but then i discovered someone already gone and done it...

Wyvern Yell Survive vs. Wyvern Heavy Survive
WYS: 11 wins (all OS)
WHS: 9 wins (all OS)
WYS win rate: 55%
This wasn't a matter of who was launched first like you might think, one of my Wyverns has significantly better balance than the other (but it's the only Stamina/Defense Layer I have 2 of), so I swapped parts halfway through the testing. The first 10 rounds went 7-3 in Heavy's favor, but once I switched the better-balance Wyvern to Yell, it went 8-2.

Wyvern Yell Survive vs. Wyvern Spread Survive
WYS: 5 wins (all OS)
WSS: 15 wins (all OS)
3 ties redone
WYS win rate: 25%
Spread crushed Yell pretty badly regardless of which Wyvern it was on. Interesting since this seemed to be the opposite results that Angry Face was getting using OSR and OYR, maybe Yell just resists destabilization better than Spread?

Neptune Spread Revolve vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic
NSR: 3 wins (all OS)
dF.4G.At: 7 wins (all OS)
a whole bunch of ties redone
NSR win rate: 30%
Note: my Spread is not painted, and I didn't take the time to polish the edges of either it or my Yell when I did these tests.

Neptune Yell Revolve vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic
NYR: 8 wins (all OS)
dF.4G.At: 2 wins (all OS)
5 or 6 ties redone
NYR win rate: 80%
Are we really sure that 4G is better on dF Atomic than Polish? Because from the few times I tested dF.P.At vs NYR at AN in between battles, dF would win every time (though Manicben's Atomic might have just been better than mine). Either way, even with only 10 rounds the results seem to indicate that for Stamina, Yell performs better against opposite spin than Spread, but worse in same spin.
(Jul. 13, 2017  8:07 PM)Wombat Wrote: diddly darn i did some yell testings today just so i could post the thread but then i discovered someone already gone and done it...

Wyvern Yell Survive vs. Wyvern Heavy Survive
WYS: 11 wins (all OS)
WHS: 9 wins (all OS)
WYS win rate: 55%
This wasn't a matter of who was launched first like you might think, one of my Wyverns has significantly better balance than the other (but it's the only Stamina/Defense Layer I have 2 of), so I swapped parts halfway through the testing. The first 10 rounds went 7-3 in Heavy's favor, but once I switched the better-balance Wyvern to Yell, it went 8-2.

Wyvern Yell Survive vs. Wyvern Spread Survive
WYS: 5 wins (all OS)
WSS: 15 wins (all OS)
3 ties redone
WYS win rate: 25%
Spread crushed Yell pretty badly regardless of which Wyvern it was on. Interesting since this seemed to be the opposite results that Angry Face was getting using OSR and OYR, maybe Yell just resists destabilization better than Spread?

Neptune Spread Revolve vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic
NSR: 3 wins (all OS)
dF.4G.At: 7 wins (all OS)
a whole bunch of ties redone
NSR win rate: 30%
Note: my Spread is not painted, and I didn't take the time to polish the edges of either it or my Yell when I did these tests.

Neptune Yell Revolve vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic
NYR: 8 wins (all OS)
dF.4G.At: 2 wins (all OS)
5 or 6 ties redone
NYR win rate: 80%
Are we really sure that 4G is better on dF Atomic than Polish? Because from the few times I tested dF.P.At vs NYR at AN in between battles, dF would win every time (though Manicben's Atomic might have just been better than mine). Either way, even with only 10 rounds the results seem to indicate that for Stamina, Yell performs better against opposite spin than Spread, but worse in same spin.
van u tell about the burst resistance of Yell?does it burst more or less than heavy?
I'm just Yelling in anger to see Yell not good in same stamina setup but its intresting to see its good in left spin.

If possible can you try it on dF Wombat? In case if you have 2 dF lol can you try dF Yell (as loud as possible) and dF Polish (properly with Brasso Danielhahaha) against each other? Thanks!!
(Jul. 13, 2017  8:07 PM)Wombat Wrote: Spread crushed Yell pretty badly regardless of which Wyvern it was on. Interesting since this seemed to be the opposite results that Angry Face was getting using OSR and OYR, maybe Yell just resists destabilization better than Spread?

This still holds true for me, but informal mirror tests I did awhile back between Odin ___ Revolve combos had Yell losing pretty consistently to Gravity, Heavy, and Spread as well.

(Jul. 13, 2017  8:07 PM)Wombat Wrote: Are we really sure that 4G is better on dF Atomic than Polish? Because from the few times I tested dF.P.At vs NYR at AN in between battles, dF would win every time (though Manicben's Atomic might have just been better than mine). Either way, even with only 10 rounds the results seem to indicate that for Stamina, Yell performs better against opposite spin than Spread, but worse in same spin.

Yeah, through more informal testing and tournament experience, I've observed aC.P.At usually outspins dF._C/G.At (as well as dF.P.At, but that's another discussion), and the same applies to dF when the Discs are reversed.

I know I actually did some testing for Yell against Gravity and 8 somewhere, but I'll have to dig those results up from my digital notepad and get back with you.
Wait. So why exactly is Yell bad at same spin? Like what about it's properties makes it this way?
(Jul. 19, 2017  10:58 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Wait. So why exactly is Yell bad at same spin? Like what about it's properties makes it this way?

centralised weight distribution.