Wolborg 4 draft

You could add to the overall section that its value is quite low although it´s a competitively useful beyblade. This makes it sought after for players, but pretty much useless for collectors. The rest is fine though. Smile
(Sep. 14, 2015  8:24 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: You could add to the overall section that its value is quite low although it´s a competitively useful beyblade. This makes it sought after for players, but pretty much useless for collectors. The rest is fine though. Smile

The price/low value thing was debated earlier, but I've gone and added it again.

Any further C&C or is this ready for the wiki?
I'd still like to search the forum for anything th!nk said on the performance of Twin horn and Twin Horn (Hasbro) + War Lion/Dragon Saucer SAR on Circle Survivor considering it's on his tier list. Also another general search just on what th!nk has to say on Circle Survivor combos and such. Oh one thing to add is that there is a large amount of difference between wing cross mold 1 and 2 with mold 1 being much preferred.
Worthwhile in the last paragraph is spelt wrong Tongue_out
Apart from that I agree with pretty much everything in the article!
Great job man
A very good draft wombat.

I like it and i also approve it .

Maxtwo.
(Sep. 13, 2015  9:52 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2015  11:38 PM)Serotonin Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2015  11:00 PM)Ultra Wrote: Can we make stub articles for plastics (and the two HMS articles left I guess) please? I've always felt and still do feel that some information on the wiki is better than nothing. Especially for articles where it's not likely a particular beyblade will get an article unless someone steps up and does a lot of testing. I would be very happy to make a list and make drafts.

The best way to do this is to start making drafts!

There isn't a whole lot left to be discussed about Plastics / HMS - it's been over 10 years - so just start writing!

Excuse the necrobump/double post, but could I get some more feedback on this? @[Ultra] @[~Stoney~] @[Poseidon] @[V2] @[Mc Frown] @[Neo] anyone else who knows their way around Plastics well?

It still needs good pictures, but otherwise is this article ready to be published?

Sup, randomly logged on for the first time in like two years and this is one of like three threads I looked at.

The AR is terrible, even for attack. The EG/BB are super overrated too. I had two copies and a Rock Bison and could never make anything worthwhile out of it. I'd take pretty much any other survival type BB over Wolborg IVs.

It's definitely not worth purchasing, but honestly most beys aren't. I think plastics as a system is mostly solved, so outside of the staples (my Upper Attack/zombie combo lmao) anything you buy is just for the novelty factor really.

Just to throw out some random advice, this should be the list of "essential" plastics parts:

Single gear left spin Launcher (you put the ripcord in upside down)
Right spin Launcher
Dragoon/Dranzer Launcher grip
Rubber grips for launcher grip
Long Ripcords
Wide Defense WD (Anodized if possible)
Left SG Casings (not Neo)
Dranzer S (Phantom Force if possible)
Master/Kid Dragoon (Metal Masters if possible)
Driger F (Metal Masters if possible)
Wolborg 2 (Hyperblades if Possible but its so ugly I forgive you if you get the plain one)

Optional:
Dragoon V2
Defense Ring SP
Tiger Defenser/War Lion/Other Random Zombie AR

Extremely Optional:
Wide Survivor
10b Bistool
Wolborg (Takara)/Burning Kerberous [for different zombie shafts]

All parts should ideally be Hasbro (special editions if applicable) unless unavailable or otherwise mentioned.
Oh well the general consensus is the complete opposite and th!nk thought so too.
Come on guys, I just really want to see this article published already hah.
(Nov. 17, 2015  8:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Come on guys, I just really want to see this article published already hah.

It's probably close now if we ignore getting any info on the numerous ARs on th!nk's tier list for Circle Survivor combos like I suggested.
(Nov. 18, 2015  1:20 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2015  8:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Come on guys, I just really want to see this article published already hah.

It's probably close now if we ignore getting any info on the numerous ARs on th!nk's tier list for Circle Survivor combos like I suggested.

So I spent a good period of today reading up on Circle Survivor customs through th!nk's various posts, and these are some of the more notable ones:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...#pid974794
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...#pid878507
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...pid1197718
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...#pid850807

It seems like Roller Defenser + 10 Heavy is still the best out of all the combinations, but Wing Cross (Mold 2) + Wide Defense/Survivor is better than Tiger Defenser and War Lion, and if Mold 1 is better than Mold 2 it seems like Wing Cross would be the second best (provided you cover up the contact points with Wide Defense/Survivor). He also says Tiger Defense will outperform Twin Horn and Twin Saucer because they aren't as useful in Right Spin, and straight up says Twin Lion isn't as good as he thought it would be. Couldn't find anything comparing Tiger Defenser and War Saucer, but while I've had good experiences with War Saucer it's probably objectively worse (apparently the Dragon Saucer S-AR makes the combo more susceptible to Upper Attack/Driger V2 in exchange for increased resistance to Spin Equalization).

Side note: also found a post where th!nk says BK Shaft + CBB has better Stamina than Bearing Stinger/WB1 so that finally puts my mind to rest on that matter, haha.

(Oct. 08, 2014  2:46 AM)Wombat Wrote:
Quote:===Use in Circle Survivor Customization===
The bowl-like CEW piece of Right EG (Circle Survivor) can best be put to use in the custom:
* ‘’’AR:’’’ Roller Defense Ring ([[Roller Defenser]])
* ‘’’WD:’’’ Ten Heavy
* ‘’’SG:’’’ Right EG (Circle Defenser)
* ‘’’BB:’’’ Normal Base (Rock Bison Version) ([[Rock Bison]])
* ‘’’CEW Part:’’’ Circle Survivor
This combo attempts to maximize contact between the opposing Beyblade and the CEW by using Rock Bison’s taller Engine Gear prongs and Base to raise the AR and WD to a height that only the tallest Attack types can reach. In addition to this a [[Compact]] AR and WD are chosen to further minimize any contact they have with the opponent.

== Blade Base (BB): Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version)==
* ‘’’Weight:’’’ 5 grams
As its name suggests, this BB is almost completely smooth and circular, with no significant gimmicks or designs, unlike most spring-loaded Engine Gear Bases. It has two clips that hold the Engine Gear in place, as well as a circular hole in the center through which the pegs that hold the CEW protrude. Compared to similar Engine Gear Bases such as Rock Bison’s, Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version) is shorter and lighter, making it slightly less useful for Defense.

===Use in Circle Survivor Customization===
While Normal Base (Rock Bison Version) is generally preferred because is adds both height and weight to the custom, Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version) is a fine substitute and can be used in the following combo:
* ‘’’AR:’’’ Tiger Defenser ([[Driger S]])/Wing Cross (Mold 1) ([[Bistool]])
* ‘’’WD:’’’ Wide Defense/Wide Survivor/Ten Balance
* ‘’’SG:’’’ Right EG (Circle Defenser)
* ‘’’BB:’’’ Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version)
* ‘’’CEW Part:’’’ Circle Survivor
Twin Horn, Twin Horn (Hasbro) + Dragon Saucer S-AR, and War Lion + Dragon Saucer S-AR can be used as passable substitutes, however neither version of Twin Horn performs as well in Right Spin as Tiger Defenser does. Furthermore, using the Dragon Saucer S-AR increases this combo's resistance to Spin Equalization, but also makes it more susceptible to Driger V2 Customs. Mold 1 of Wing Cross is preferred over Mold 2, but if either is used, Wide Defense or Wide Survivor must accompany it in order to cover up its contact points.

Changes are in bold, but the draft already seems to have the "best" setups. Made a note about Wing Cross and the Dragon Saucer S-AR as well, since that's probably worth putting.

You all good with this @[Ultra]?
So can we get this draft published? I've looked it over a bunch and it seems to have been good to go for months now.

@[Ultra]
I'm just going to go ahead and approve this because I've looked this over a lot of times and I think it's been ready for a couple of months now.
That makes sense, if nobody else is replying hah. Is it published already?
(Mar. 23, 2016  3:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: That makes sense, if nobody else is replying hah. Is it published already?

Not quite, I'm getting to it right now.
Cool, no problem, thank you. I just always prefer to move drafts here after the article is published, in case I get distracted or litterally have to focus on something else and forget to publish it hah.
(Mar. 23, 2016  3:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Cool, no problem, thank you. I just always prefer to move drafts here after the article is published, in case I get distracted or litterally have to focus on something else and forget to publish it hah.

I usually upload the draft as soon as I approve it.

That being said, it's up now.