Archer Hercules 10 Eternal
Hell Salamander 0 Glaive Destroy (Deck)
Hell Salamander 7 Glaive Destroy (Deck)
Bloody Longinus 7 Hit Xtreme (Deck)

2nd @[1234beyblade]
LC Hell Salamander 0 Bump Bearing
Spriggan Requim 0 Bump Bearing
Bloody Longinus 10 Under Xtreme' (Deck)
LC Hell Salamander 10 Star Atomic (Deck)
Spriggan Requim 7 Glaive Bearing (Deck)

3rd @[BladerBeast]
Hell Salamander 0 Bump Bearing
LC Hell Salamander 0 Bump Bearing (also in Deck)
Archer Hercules 10 Eternal (also in Deck)
since when did we allow sith lords to compete?

:)
How can he legally have two Hell Salmanders in Deck format?
(Oct. 09, 2018  2:56 PM)Beymax Wrote: How can he legally have two Hell Salmanders in Deck format?

only hS 10S At was in Deck. He/she was Using hS 0B Br in First Stage
(Oct. 09, 2018  2:56 PM)Beymax Wrote: How can he legally have two Hell Salmanders in Deck format?

You are allowed to change parts in Final Stage deck format in between matches.
I'm pretty sure if At and Be were strictly regulated (or even removed entirely) the driver meta would significantly diversify.

I say maybe a trial ban for five tournaments?
(Oct. 11, 2018  3:24 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: I'm pretty sure if At and Be were strictly regulated (or even removed entirely) the driver meta would significantly diversify.  

I say maybe a trial ban for five tournaments?

I'm assuming you meant Br for Bearing.

Then Et would rule supreme followed by Orbit and Revolve for Stamina. Maybe even Friction.
Banning drivers isn't the solution.
(Oct. 10, 2018  7:19 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote:

You are allowed to change parts in Final Stage deck format in between matches.

Can I use hS Xt' in the first game and switch my deck to hS At in the second game against somebody else?
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:38 AM)7sukuyomi Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  7:19 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote: You are allowed to change parts in Final Stage deck format in between matches.

Can I use hS Xt' in the first game and switch my deck to hS At in the second game against somebody else?

Yes you can change the combo before and after the match but not in the match
Beastmode104 And Hyper Xenos Birthday Bey Bash

1st: @[Thug testing]
Hell Salamander. Ten Glave. Atomic
(LC) Archer Hercules. Seven. Eternal
Spriggan Requiem. Zero Bump. Bearing
Spriggan Requiem. Ten Cross. Extend Plus

2nd: @[NatedogPhilly]
Winning Valkyrie. Seven Meteor. Destroy
Hell Salamander. Zero Glave. Atomic
Archer Hercules. Seven. Eternal
Spriggan Requiem. Seven Meteor. Bearing

3rd: @[Ardmore Bladers]
Archer Hercules. Zero. Eternal
Archer Hercules. Zero Cross. Eternal
Archer Hercules. Zero Cross. Revolve
Hell Salamander. Eight' Bump. Atomic
Spriggan Requiem. 0 Lift. Bearing
oh,cool to see Xt+ and 8' appearing here!
(Oct. 15, 2018  5:05 PM)Grey Bey Wrote: oh,cool to see Xt+ and 8' appearing here!

Xt+ was really good at the tournament I'm not gunna say why, maybe somebody at the tournament will not let me say it
Well, I personally have been using Xt+ quite a bit too, and as far as I can tell it has amazing stamina against same spin direction, it has such a good burst resistance for a stamina type driver, it has amazing LAD as it has such great stability due to how wide it is (it has that amazing "roll" towards the end of spin equalisation battle). Also as it is taller than Eternal it has no scraping issue, making disk with regular sized frame totally viable, adding weight, and ultimately stamina. On top of that, you are also given the ability to change modes, though I believe stamina mode is strongest, I use attack mode (soft launched) quite a bit against bearing in opposing spin direction (for some reason I found this method and defense mode have overall better LAD, might just be me though). I guess all and all it is such a great driver in a lot of aspects, it's less risky compared to Bearing, has optimal height when compared to Eternal, rivals (or even outclass) the current top tier stamina drivers in terms of pure stamina and LAD, and has optionality on top of all of those mentioned points.
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:38 AM)7sukuyomi Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  7:19 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote: You are allowed to change parts in Final Stage deck format in between matches.

There's no such thing as Xt' yet. There's Xt+ though.
(Oct. 17, 2018  11:37 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2018  1:38 AM)7sukuyomi Wrote: Can I use hS Xt' in the first game and switch my deck to hS At in the second game against somebody else?
There's no such thing as Xt' yet. There's Xt+ though.

Let's hope they'll never be a prime of that because that would be a menace to deal with.
Day of the Dead (Hades)

1st Place - The Supreme One
Hell Salamander 7G Bearing
Revive Phoenix 7C Xtend+
Archer Hercules 7/8 Eternal

2nd Place - Valkyriology
Hell Salamander 7G Destroy
Bloody Longinus 7/10U Xtreme’
Revive Phoenix 0B Friction

3rd Place - Yami
Hell Salamander 7G Bearing/Destroy
Archer Hercules 0B Atomic
[Image: L0VdgMm.jpg]

BEYBLADE SPOOKTACULAR - 10/28/2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1st: Kei
Archer Hercules (Level Chip) 0 Xtend Plus
Archer Hercules (Level Chip) 0 Eternal
Hell Salamander (Level Chip) 0 Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)
Hell Salamander (Level Chip) 0 Lift Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Winning Valkyrie 7 Dagger Xtreme Dash (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: @[OldSchool™]
Archer Hercules 0 Xtend Plus

3rd: @[Justin TC]
Archer Hercules 0 Eternal
Archer Hercules 0 Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)
Archer Hercules 5 Lift Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Revive Phoenix 10 Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Hell Salamander 5 Bump Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

This was one of the most satisfying wins in recent memory for me. We had 41 players today despite the cold weather, which was impressive. It was also my first WBO tournament since BACK TO BEYSCHOOL on September 1st before I left for a month and a half long trip to Japan, of which I just returned from last week. I had never missed a Toronto tournament throughout our history over the past ten years, and as a result of the trip had to miss two tournaments ... so this was a comeback of sorts for me! And let's just say my experience at tournaments in Japan was humbling as it always is (report coming soon, hopefully), so winning this event was meaningful on a many different levels for me.

As expected, Xtend Plus was the big new player on the block today. A week after release in Japan, it had found its place among the mix of Bearing, Eternal, Revolve, Atomic, Ωcta and so forth, so I knew what to expect going into this event. There's still some questions I have about how it interacts with particular Drivers, but nevertheless it did well. It shut down Eternal combinations left and right and was able to stand up to Bearing combinations, albeit inconsistently. Revolve can give it some trouble, but that may be down to launch strength. Need to test more.

My usage of Lift (and Justin TC, who I let borrow it) is also worth noting. Up until now, almost everyone has been using Bump with Bearing. The only other person on a Winning Combination list that has used Lift with Bearing is Ardmore Bladers very recently. In Japan, literally everyone uses Lift with Bearing now because it allows it to stay upright slightly longer than other Frames usually.

The MVP of the day however was Winning Valkyrie 7 Dagger Xtreme Dash. It came into play during my last two matches against Justin TC and OldSchool™ and helped me to win 5-3 against Justin and 5-4 against OldSchool™ for first place (a 0-4 comeback!). Throughout the finals, the top three players other than myself were all basically running aH, hS, rP, Xt+, Br, Et and a bit of R in one combination or another. No Attack whatsoever.

There's been a lot of rhetoric over the past several months about the impotency of Attack. I mean, we even have events like the one in London this weekend where they tried a custom ruleset with aH, rP, and hS banned (haven't heard how that went), which I feel is worth trying, but too extreme of a move to implement. It's something I contributed to myself earlier in the summer, but the release of Xtreme' and Hunter' really have changed things. As did my observations in Japan, which I will talk about in my upcoming report.

The ultimate result of this is that I was able to pretty consistently beat both OldSchool™ and Justin TC's aH Xt+ combos with wV.7D.X'. And I had a left-spin attacker in my deck too against OldSchool™, but didn't have a chance to use it against hS ... however that match-up is even easier than aH. The aH Et match-up might be slightly harder, but since returning from Japan I don't find it to be anywhere near as insurmountable as it used to feel with Attack types. And regardless, we will be seeing less Et now with Xt+ running around.

There is a skill cap to the usage of Attack types which is part of the reason why you see so few of them even in Deck Format, but looking at things objectively I feel that the game is in a good spot right now. Most recent winning combinations lists feature at least one Xtreme' combination, which I think is respectable considering the skill cap and availability of the part.

(Oct. 28, 2018  11:10 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Day of the Dead (Hades)

Just to confirm: were all of those combos used in the first stage? None were Deck Format only?
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:23 AM)Kei Wrote: BEYBLADE SPOOKTACULAR - 10/28/2018

Yes, it was the only Beyblade I used to win. Yes, this actually happened. Joyful_3
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:23 AM)Kei Wrote: Just to confirm: were all of those combos used in the first stage? None were Deck Format only?

I'll double check with Valkyriology, but no one specified that their combos were deck format only. And to add, all of my winning combos in the first stage used Level Chips, and I believe @[Yami]'s did as well.

OldSchool, did anyone use aH At against you? Same spin Atomic is a hard counter for Xt+.
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:23 AM)Kei Wrote: [Image: L0VdgMm.jpg]

BEYBLADE SPOOKTACULAR - 10/28/2018

1st: Kei
Archer Hercules (Level Chip) 0 Xtend Plus
Archer Hercules (Level Chip) 0 Eternal
Hell Salamander (Level Chip) 0 Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)
Hell Salamander (Level Chip) 0 Lift Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Winning Valkyrie 7 Dagger Xtreme Dash (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: @[Justin TC]
Archer Hercules 0 Eternal
Archer Hercules 0 Xtend Plus (Deck Format Finals Only)
Archer Hercules 5 Lift Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)
Revive Phoenix 10 Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)
Hell Salamander 5 Bump Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

This was one of the most satisfying wins in recent memory for me. We had 41 players today despite the cold weather, which was impressive. It was also my first WBO tournament since BACK TO BEYSCHOOL on September 1st before I left for a month and a half long trip to Japan, of which I just returned from last week. I had never missed a Toronto tournament throughout our history over the past ten years, and as a result of the trip had to miss two tournaments ... so this was a comeback of sorts for me! And let's just say my experience at tournaments in Japan was humbling as it always is (report coming soon, hopefully), so winning this event was meaningful on a many different levels for me.

As expected, Xtend Plus was the big new player on the block today. A week after release in Japan, it had found its place among the mix of Bearing, Eternal, Revolve, Atomic, Ωcta and so forth, so I knew what to expect going into this event. There's still some questions I have about how it interacts with particular Drivers, but nevertheless it did well. It shut down Eternal combinations left and right and was able to stand up to Bearing combinations, albeit inconsistently. Revolve can give it some trouble, but that may be down to launch strength. Need to test more.

My usage of Lift (and Justin TC, who I let borrow it) is also worth noting. Up until now, almost everyone has been using Bump with Bearing. The only other person on a Winning Combination list that has used Lift with Bearing is Ardmore Bladers very recently. In Japan, literally everyone uses Lift with Bearing now because it allows it to stay upright slightly longer than other Frames usually.

The MVP of the day however was Winning Valkyrie 7 Dagger Xtreme Dash. It came into play during my last two matches against Justin TC and OldSchool™ and helped me to win 5-3 against Justin and 5-4 against OldSchool™ for first place (a 0-4 comeback!). Throughout the finals, the top three players other than myself were all basically running aH, hS, rP, Xt+, Br, Et and a bit of R in one combination or another. No Attack whatsoever.

There's been a lot of rhetoric over the past several months about the impotency of Attack. I mean, we even have events like the one in London this weekend where they tried a custom ruleset with aH, rP, and hS banned (haven't heard how that went), which I feel is worth trying, but too extreme of a move to implement. It's something I contributed to myself earlier in the summer, but the release of Xtreme' and Hunter' really have changed things. As did my observations in Japan, which I will talk about in my upcoming report.

The ultimate result of this is that I was able to pretty consistently beat both OldSchool™ and Justin TC's aH Xt+ combos with wV.7D.X'. And I had a left-spin attacker in my deck too against OldSchool™, but didn't have a chance to use it against hS ... however that match-up is even easier than aH. The aH Et match-up might be slightly harder, but since returning from Japan I don't find it to be anywhere near as insurmountable as it used to feel with Attack types. And regardless, we will be seeing less Et now with Xt+ running around.

There is a skill cap to the usage of Attack types which is part of the reason why you see so few of them even in Deck Format, but looking at things objectively I feel that the game is in a good spot right now. Most recent winning combinations lists feature at least one Xtreme' combination, which I think is respectable considering the skill cap and availability of the part.

(Oct. 28, 2018  11:10 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Day of the Dead (Hades)

Just to confirm: were all of those combos used in the first stage? None were Deck Format only?

It's nice to see that there are still older people playing. I'm not there yet, so I feel comforted knowing that when I am, there will still be people playing.
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:47 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:23 AM)Kei Wrote: Just to confirm: were all of those combos used in the first stage? None were Deck Format only?

I'll double check with Valkyriology, but no one specified that their combos were deck format only. And to add, all of my winning combos in the first stage used Level Chips, and I believe @[Yami]'s did as well.

OldSchool, did anyone use aH At against you? Same spin Atomic is a hard counter for Xt+.

Nope I left my level chip at home so eveeything didn't have level chips
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:47 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:

All the combos I had were in the first stage as well. None of them were deck format exclusive
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:37 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:23 AM)Kei Wrote: BEYBLADE SPOOKTACULAR - 10/28/2018

Yes, it was the only Beyblade I used to win. Yes, this actually happened. ^_^

did you keep Xt+ in the same mode as well?  could you please share which mode you found most useful?
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:47 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: OldSchool, did anyone use aH At against you? Same spin Atomic is a hard counter for Xt+.

I did not see a single aH At all day. Everyone kept switching between Xt+ and Et. I even saw some one on Br.

(Oct. 29, 2018  4:17 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2018  2:37 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: Yes, it was the only Beyblade I used to win. Yes, this actually happened. Joyful_3

did you keep Xt+ in the same mode as well?  could you please share which mode you found most useful?

Same mode. Stamina.
There were some instances where I saw other players start in stamina mode but due to the their launch or contact with opposing beys change mode to semi-attack or full attack. Unfortunate for them Unhappy
Here’s one anecdote about my experience with Xt+ today: in my finals battle against Justin TC, he had aH.0.Xt+ and I had LC hS.0.Xt+. Initially instead of going for the mirror Stamina mode matchup, I tried Attack and Defense mode against his Stamina mode and lost both times to see if I could gain any edge that way.

Later on in the match, I switched to Stamina mode and ... won haha.