Wing Befall 90 rsf

So I've done some test to prove this combo is worthy of being a great anti-attack bey.

Bey To Prove: Wing Befall 90 rsf
Stadium: BB10
Conditions: Best out of 20
Launcher: TT right string launcher on hasbro grip with grip rubber and grip support, and TT LR string launcher in left spin mode for Meteo

Beys Battling Against:

Stamina; Phantom Cygnus 230 d
Attack; MF Flash Orion s130 rf
Defense; MFH Death Kerbecs bd145 cs
Balance; MF Duo Aquario 230 mb
Anti-Attack; Basalt Horogium r145 r2f
Spin Equalizer; MFH Meteo Ldrago tr145 ewd

Results:
WB vs. PC (stamina)
Phantom won 17 out of 20 with sleep outs
Wing won 3 out of 20with stadium outs [wing lost]

WB vs. FO (attack)
Wing won 16 out of 20 with sleep outs
Flash won 3 out of 20 with knock outs and 1 with a sleep out [wing won]

WB vs. DK (defense lol not donkey kong)
Wing won 12 out of 20 with sleep outs {surprise to me}
Kerbecs won 8 out of 20 with sleep outs [wing won]

WB vs. DA (balance)
Duo won 16 out of 20 with sleep outs
Wing won 3 out of 20 with knock outs and 1 with a lucky sleep out [wing lost]

WB vs. BH (anti-attack)
Wing won 20 out of 20, 16 with sleep outs and 4 knock outs
Basalt completely lost [wing won]

WB vs. ML
Meteo won 14 out of 20 with sleep outs
Wing won 6 out of 20 by ko [wing lost]

Over all Wing befall 90 rsf is a great bey for Anti-Attack. Against beys that aren't attack types it can win by lucky ko's and even sleep outs. The biggest surprise was the majority of wins over a top notch defense bey like Death kerbecs. I definitely recommend this bey for Anti-Attack enthusiasts.
This is very similar to Wing Bull 90RS. I believe this is also a Defence combo... I do like your tests though. It seems to do pretty well except against Stamina combos.

EDIT: I'm also not sure if this thread will stay open.
BeybladePants11 Well I used the rsf tip to give it counter attack abilities, but it still has the stamina to get the job done with the tip being not completely flat and the light weight energy ring, plus the 90 spin track. Still if it was all defense I would use a heavier energy ring and a different tip (rs rdf etc.) I label this as a Anti-attack because of it's lack of defensive weight and its overall stadium performance.
Anti-attack needs weight, haha. This is just a not-as-good variant of Wing Bull 90RS. This is a very mediocre defence combo. This really wouldn't have any competetiveness.
Let me start by saying you did an awesome job actually following standard procedure and posting valuable test results; the effort is very much appreciated Grin

As far as the combo goes, I'm actually a pretty big fan of Wing + Low Tracks + RSF, believe it or not! Wing acts like a ramp when it is on a low track, and RSF gives it a nice movement pattern to take advantage of that. I never was a huge fan of Wing 90RS, so I'm glad you posted this!

I like your test results, especially against Flash and Basalt. I'll give this a whirl once my new launcher comes in the mail.

Why Befall, exactly?

Finally, like what other people were saying, TECHNICALLY this isn't really anti-attack, but more of a low-track defense custom. That's a really nit-picky detail, though.
Correction, Tri: Anti Attackers don't need weight, it is just the easiest way for a wheel to be useful for anti-attack. Wing was generally considered viable for anti-attack, but Diablo in particular just does a whole lot better. However, what anti-attack does need, is what differentiates it from defense - some ability to KO stamina types, and that's what this combo lacks.

This is definitely defense - RSF, no matter whether the soft or hard mode, doesn't move fast enough to be used for anti-attack, and this is reflected in your tests where it fails against stamina combinations (though track heights could be a major factor, I've used basically the same combination before and KOing stamina with it is quite a pain).

I definitely wouldn't completely dismiss it as worthless, (though RSF is generally considered outclassed by RS and RB, I would like to see the various tips given some looking into for LTDC), it is a useful combination to those who know they're likely facing an RF-tipped opponent and don't have many other parts, but it's also not that great, with the advent of Synchromes and the various 'wide plastic disc tracks', low track defense isn't that big a deal (and I found that harsh banking of the attacker can mess them up, particularly that it can cause scraping). I would also suggest the consideration of a clear wheel like UnicornoII or Kerbecs over Beafowl as they better suit Wing's weight distribution.
Ingulit: Thank you for your support of my post. as for the reason I chose Befall, I have the blue version from the meteor shower attack hasbro set, and I thought it looked cool, plus its a little bit lighter than 3 grams and really circular giving it good stamina.

@th!nk thank you for giving such great advice, I understand your comment about it being good and not great. Although I do disagree about rsf being outclassed for it still has many valuable uses, I do agree that diablo is better, but I would say Wing still has competitive potential.
Try Bull on this rather than Befall. Thanks for the correction, th!nk.
well i would, but I can't because I dont got bull
@Th!nk I also agree with meteo4ever, RSF wears down lower than RS and RB and RSF has more stamina

@ meteo4ever this is for your awesome tests

Wear is a grey area in terms of legality, so an RSF wearing that low is kinda iffy.

The other issue with RSF is that CS used to get identical results. Meteo4ever, could I ask you to do MF Flash Orion S130RF vs Wing Befall 90CS for comparison, just for the sake of updating the information on RSF?

Tri: Curious why you would ask about bull, it's only really good for two sided wheels and even there it's questionable. UnicornoII would be my advice for this combination, it seems to me to be better distributed and most importantly for a low combo, less recoil-prone than other three sided CW's (it's the only one that doesn't have a recoily design to my knowledge), and it weighs a good amount too!
Sorry I meant slower not lower
@th!nk, I was gonna say Kerbecs, but I figured it had too much recoil. I didn't realize Unicorno II was used for Defence, I thought it was pretty light, haha.
(Mar. 02, 2013  5:00 AM)Tri Wrote: @th!nk, I was gonna say Kerbecs, but I figured it had too much recoil. I didn't realize Unicorno II was used for Defence, I thought it was pretty light, haha.

The Hasbro one might be lighter, but a TT Unicorno II reaches the 3.3g mark IIRC
It's in the Aquario/Bull Range, at the most it's like .1g lighter than them. Still, that small amount of weight (and the slightly larger but still small difference between it and Kerbecs) is far less useful than lower recoil (and probably a slightly better weight distro than kerbecs, I guess? It's hard to test...)
@th!nk, I will do the test for flash vs wing with cs, same standard for the tests as before, best out of 20, bb10 stadium, same launcher as before, i'll start it right away
@Yuko Ray14 thanks for the funny feedback

okay just got done,
wing befall 90 cs, vs. MF flash orion s130 rf
wing won 16 by sleep out and one ko making total wins 17
flash won 3 by ko

Although these results are in great favor of th!k's point you also gotta facter in rsf ability to ko stamina types, cs can't do that on a regular basis which makes my point valid. still if I was going to make a straight up defense, cs is my choice for it. as I said I'm trying to make it not just for defense.
What is condition of your Flash?

Also, can you do a benchmark?
Almost new, same as all its parts other then the clear wheel
Whats a benchmark?
IMHO, is better with RS, that is more defensive
(Mar. 19, 2013  5:01 PM)earthaquiladu79 Wrote: Try Wing Aquila DF05RSF

kerbecs is way better, aquila stinks lol
Wing Kerbecs,especially on 90 RSF is more preferred