Why do people play this game?

(Aug. 02, 2016  4:50 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: To be fair, Burst is a lot more luck related and appears to be a bit less competitive than previous Beyblade generations. Customization is drastically limited and the bursting mechanic punishes certain tops if they are worn out. Not to mention while you can technically "counter" your opponents pick you can also just get lucky picking randomly. Thats why I'm in full support for a deck system for tournaments (although I don't agree that KO's and Bursts should be 2 points each).

I don't think Burst is any less competitive than previous Beyblade series one year from launch.

Glad to hear you like the deck system though Smile We should try it out in more areas.
Burst is competitive in its own way, but I feel it's less competitive than MFB was. It's not the best course of evolution, and I'm sure you can see something like WarShell being "more" competitive. Focusing on skill, with barely and luck. How Beyblade was prior to Burst.
"Anything could happen."
(Aug. 02, 2016  5:38 PM)Neo Wrote: Burst is competitive in its own way, but I feel it's less competitive than MFB was. It's not the best course of evolution, and I'm sure you can see something like WarShell being "more" competitive. Focusing on skill, with barely and luck. How Beyblade was prior to Burst.
"Anything could happen."

It's probably worth noting: Beyblade Burst revives an element of traditional beigoma which has been lacking for almost 200 years. The original beigoma from Japan were made from shells packed with sand, clay and metal shot; the shells would often crack and explode during battles, spilling the contents everywhere. This was just a normal part of the game. The traditional "burst" mechanic disappeared in the mid-1800s when iron beigoma replaced the original shell designs.

So regardless of whether Burst is more competetive or not, it does actually seem more faithful to the original idea of beigoma - where the spinning tops explode. Though I do still wish we could have seen the burst mechanic itself evolve from MFB rather than seeing the entire system redone.

Lowen93 designed a "burst" metal beyblade system, ironically called "Neo", which used magnets to manage the burst mechanic. If he can do it... So can Takara-Tomy?
(Aug. 03, 2016  10:19 AM)Beylon Wrote: Lowen93 designed a "burst" metal beyblade system, ironically called "Neo", which used magnets to manage the burst mechanic. If he can do it... So can Takara-Tomy?

mmmhhh, I came up with some reasons:
1-Money
2-Weren't a little too heavy for a kids toy of that size that you would launch manually? (either being unconfortable or doing to much stress on the launcher)
3-MFB ended (which mechanic particularity was being made of metal)
4-Isn't it cheaper and easier to make them in plastic?
5-Incompatibility, Burst mechanics NEED a new system because a beyblade that don't burst has the advantage
6-Dangerous hazards, kids toys are not suposed to hurt, a flying heavy metal attack ring would hurt more than a light weight disk

Also, isn't this thread about something completly different than discussing about mechanics?
This isn't gonna be a book first of all XD
OK so if you want to start playing watch the anime pick a bey you like from the anime buy it (and maybe a launcher too) get a $10 stadium online get a friend make him like it BAM you love it!

At least that's how I got into it XD